ImageImageImageImageImage

Rudy Gay Trashes Toronto

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,218

Re: Rudy Gay Trashes Toronto 

Post#101 » by Mister Ze » Sat May 4, 2024 2:12 am

He’s obviously jealous Gasol and Lowry got a ring while he had the most uneventful career ever for a guy commanding his type of salary
Chalky_White
Senior
And1: 633

Post#102 » by Chalky_White » Sat May 4, 2024 3:08 am

Raptors fans booed him on his first return back to Toronto after the trade. A lot of his bitterness likely stems from that. He talked about it a few years ago when he was on Danny Green's podcast.

...but Gay made sure to point out he’s been booed before, by none other than Raptors fans even though he was traded (and didn’t demand it).

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019/1/5/18169248/rudy-gay-discusses-being-booed-in-toronto-on-danny-greens-podcast

I remember being confused by the booing during that game considering he didn't demand out, but it seemed like the default thing for fans back then was booing former players.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,537

Post#103 » by bballsparkin » Sat May 4, 2024 3:19 am

Rudy Gay says to Toronto: your mama!

Toronto reacts: Image
FrozenLeafz
Analyst
And1: 4,118

Post#104 » by FrozenLeafz » Sat May 4, 2024 4:15 am

Passing the torch VC15--> CB4--> DD10+KL7--> PS43+FVV23 --> SB4
ImageImage
Grew
Rookie
And1: 1,781

Post#105 » by Grew » Sat May 4, 2024 4:29 am

Remove and es and the word Toronto from the thread title and you have the real story.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,090

Post#106 » by Westside Gunn » Sat May 4, 2024 6:16 am

Man remember the times when players used to stay secretive with the media?

Then social media and these podcasts came along, and now celebs and athletes want to snitch on themselves in these stupid podcasts with their monlogues.

They need to learn from Kawhi and Jokic.

I'm just waiting for someone to start a podcast where all the guests take a dump facing each other. Up, close and personal.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
aj174
Senior
And1: 905

Post#107 » by aj174 » Sat May 4, 2024 6:49 am

TheGeneral99 wrote:
TorontoBarneys wrote:Comments like this from mid players like him is a reminder of how far the organization has come.

Before we would be excited at the prospect of someone of his level coming to play for us, now you have players better than he ever was gleeful about the prospect of playing in Toronto.

Let father time take care of bums like this.

Honestly imagine how miserable Rudy is.

He gets traded to the Raptors, instantly becomes the #1 option and a fan favorite, is given the keys to franchise and has the opportunity to cement himself as an all-star playing alongside some really nice up and coming young players in Lowry, Derozan, Valanciunas and Ross. Rudy honestly would have been a nice compliment given his size, rebounding and defensive abilities if he played the right way.

Instead he plays horrible and inefficient isolation basketball and gets booted from Toronto who end up turning it around and becoming an East contender for several years. His close buddy Kyle Lowry becomes a perennial all-star and hero in Toronto. His other buddy Derozan, who was only 23 at the time, also becomes a perennial all-star. Meanwhile, Rudy starts declining, never comes close to making an all-star team, misses the playoffs every year on a bad Sacramento team, and becomes a journeyman role player for 2 other franchises.

Sadly he had the talent and athletic ability to become a star. Many thought back in 2013 he would become the next all-star player, but his horrible IQ and selfish style hurt him.

This is the truth right here, I don't even care that Rudy says this about TO because that Rudy trade is studied around the league on how you can improve your team by trading your supposed best player for a bench unit. It was a master class of a trade and a highlight on the resume of Masai Ujiri

I remember when we traded for him, I was so pumped. He drops 20 on the Blake clippers and he gets cheered like a hero, the set up was all there for him

Still, wish Rudy nothing but the best, he has a great NBA career
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,919

Post#108 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Sat May 4, 2024 12:11 pm

I'm so hurt he talked bad about our city.... Ruined my weekend :noway: :noway: :noway:
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,808

Post#109 » by Dennis 37 » Sat May 4, 2024 4:46 pm

Chalky_White wrote:Raptors fans booed him on his first return back to Toronto after the trade. A lot of his bitterness likely stems from that. He talked about it a few years ago when he was on Danny Green's podcast.

...but Gay made sure to point out he’s been booed before, by none other than Raptors fans even though he was traded (and didn’t demand it).

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019/1/5/18169248/rudy-gay-discusses-being-booed-in-toronto-on-danny-greens-podcast

I remember being confused by the booing during that game considering he didn't demand out, but it seemed like the default thing for fans back then was booing former players.

No, don't recall any Marcus Camby booing, although the sample size is small. Players of talent, that we traded away, were not that many.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,808

Post#110 » by Dennis 37 » Sat May 4, 2024 4:47 pm

I still don't quite get the pickle joke.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,989

Post#111 » by Mack11 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:04 pm

Chalky_White wrote:Raptors fans booed him on his first return back to Toronto after the trade. A lot of his bitterness likely stems from that. He talked about it a few years ago when he was on Danny Green's podcast.

prob also had to do with the fact that he gained 10 to 15 lbs of fat and was having problems dunking. Not to mention being a certified brick layer to the point where he wanted to ban stat sheets from the locker room
F22_Raptor
Sixth Man
And1: 3,502

Post#112 » by F22_Raptor » Sat May 4, 2024 8:56 pm

Rudy Ghey
EG73
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#113 » by EG73 » Sun May 5, 2024 2:33 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:I still don't quite get the pickle joke.

The pickle thread is the most positive thing of Rudy stay in Toronto
"But the thing is, maybe I do want to wake up one morning and say, `Baby, let's go to the Bahamas. Today.' That costs money. So what if I want to do that?
MJ
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,034

Post#114 » by WaltFrazier » Sun May 5, 2024 6:09 pm

bballsparkin wrote:Rudy Gay says to Toronto: your mama!

6 pages worth of defensiveness and counting. Insecurity showing.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
mickie
Rookie
And1: 516

Post#115 » by mickie » Sun May 5, 2024 8:04 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:

Lol.. yes this fanbase is insecure but in the case of Rudy Gay those are straight facts. You maybe too young that's why you don't get the posts.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,709

Post#116 » by Clay Davis » Sun May 5, 2024 8:12 pm

EG73 wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:I still don't quite get the pickle joke.

The pickle thread is the most positive thing of Rudy stay in Toronto

Vlassic rizzzzz
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,283

Post#117 » by Raptorfan2012 » Sun May 5, 2024 8:22 pm

Guess Rudy won’t be doing any jersey swaps with Gradey any time soon…
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,967

Post#118 » by Merit » Sun May 5, 2024 8:39 pm

Westside Gunn wrote:Man remember the times when players used to stay secretive with the media?

Then social media and these podcasts came along, and now celebs and athletes want to snitch on themselves in these stupid podcasts with their monlogues.

They need to learn from Kawhi and Jokic.

I'm just waiting for someone to start a podcast where all the guests take a dump facing each other. Up, close and personal.

Quite often, the less said really is better.
I believe in Masai.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,967

Post#119 » by Merit » Sun May 5, 2024 8:45 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:

I mean it’s one thing for Vince to $hit on the city, because he actually put us on the map. It’s another thing entirely for Rudy Gay to do so. This dude was the most overrated #3 option who was sadly presented to us as a #1 option. Don’t get me wrong, I was stoked to have him because we needed *everything* at that point. Whereas Gay hate was previously unjustified, it isn’t any more. Plus we have Gradey now so even Gay’s jersey lost its kitsch value. Move on Rudy, we did a long time ago.
I believe in Masai.
mrdressup
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,288

Post#120 » by mrdressup » Mon May 6, 2024 12:33 am

DutchCanuck wrote:Toronto will always be a an easy target/scapegoat based on being the Only Canadian team but anyone that spends time here loves it. I prefer to look at the stars opinions on Toronto Barkley/Shaq/Vince/Lebron etc. Did he want to go to Milwaukee?

As a Canadian you could not pay me to live there.

Return to Toronto Raptors