ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Lakers fire Ham

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,808

Re: OT: Lakers fire Ham 

Post#41 » by Dennis 37 » Sun May 5, 2024 3:17 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
Mr Funk wrote:Ham is an average coach but he's definitely taking the fall for the front office's poor offseason.

Lakers were considered to have "won the offseason" so I wouldn't say that. Their players didn't perform well enough and sometimes it's as easy as just saying that.

I truly believe the Lakers could have beaten any team other than the Nuggets. They just went to the conference finals last year man.

The Lakers never keep their parts together long enough for true chemistry to develop. LeBron jettisons those he feels should carry the blame for his poor defense to bring in the next star name. Watching the Lakers play is like witnessing a dysfunctional family. Every little error is called out by LeBron, or projected by LeBron onto others. No matter how bad your coach is, you don't yell at him for choosing not to call a coach's challenge. When you have "GOAT" LeBron James should you need a coach's challenge to win a game, or did LeBron want the challenge to soothe his ego?

The only reason the Lakers beat anyone is because of the free throw disparity caused by League Head Office bias.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/pacers-coach-says-free-throw-disparity-vs-lakers-was-impossible-to-overcome-as-la-pads-nba-leading-stat/
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
will
RealGM
And1: 49,960
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#42 » by will » Mon May 6, 2024 2:28 am

When did he get hired?

I always thought LeBron was the Coach.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,502

Post#43 » by Scase » Mon May 6, 2024 3:02 pm

adubmac wrote:It's wild that Jerry Buss had seven children and not one of them is capable of running an NBA team, that starts on third base just because of its location and history.

I have zero love for the lakers, but they won a chip like 4 years ago lol.

The problem as of late has been letting Lebron essentially run the team.
Props TZ!
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,974

Post#44 » by refshateRaps » Tue May 7, 2024 11:42 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:47-35 in the tough west and lost to the champs.

Ham's not great but I don't see many coaches doing better with that limited, aging roster.

What is a "great coach"? Is Nurse great? Frank Vogel? They're both champions who lost this year in the first round despite having superstar talent on their respective teams. Sure, Embiid was hobbled, but so was MR (thanks to Embiid). And Julius Randle was completely out of the picture.

Teams like the Bucks seem happy to pay three coaching salaries simultaneously, but does coaching really make a difference? Spo and Pop can't make their teams any better than their current talent levels.

Players make the coaches in the NBA. Both good and bad.

Also on the Lakers its worse, the coach is a 'yes man' to Lebron and the fall guy when it falls apart.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,974

Post#45 » by refshateRaps » Tue May 7, 2024 11:44 am

Scase wrote:
adubmac wrote:It's wild that Jerry Buss had seven children and not one of them is capable of running an NBA team, that starts on third base just because of its location and history.

It's actually quite sad and amazing Lebron and AD haven't done much outside of that bubble championship.
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,692

Post#46 » by hyper316 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:31 pm

refshateRaps wrote:
Scase wrote:

It's actually quite sad and amazing Lebron and AD haven't don't much outside of that bubble championship.

They won that meaningless in-season tournament, then went on a losing streak haha
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,325

Post#47 » by Dalek » Wed May 8, 2024 2:27 pm

The Lakers are in a weird place. They had LBJ and AD pretty healthy all year and coming into the playoffs so the Denver result was shocking.

Denver/Jokic is like a LeBronto situation and will likely cause a Lakers breakup of some sort like it did for the Raps' core. I mean Denver getting cooked two straight by Minny shows how tough the West is. Not to mention the come up of OKC and likely San Antonio next year.

Best bet is to move to the East which is much less stacked. Miami makes sense to me for LBJ.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,960
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#48 » by will » Wed May 8, 2024 3:00 pm

So, when does Ty Lue become the Lakers Head Coach?
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,272

Post#49 » by John Murdoch » Fri May 10, 2024 7:11 am

Badonkadonk wrote:It's wild how poorly the Lakers are run. Without the benefit of that market (i.e. only reason Lebron and Shaq went) and the history that Magic and Kareem built, they could easily have been how the Knicks were for 4-5 decades.

Alot of us would love the younger Buss boys to take over bball ops since they have been drafting well for a while now but theres just alot of drama. But yes completely agree with u . For example imagine Brad Stevens or Pat Riley running the show..
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,778

Post#50 » by Badonkadonk » Fri May 10, 2024 1:53 pm

John Murdoch wrote:
Badonkadonk wrote:It's wild how poorly the Lakers are run. Without the benefit of that market (i.e. only reason Lebron and Shaq went) and the history that Magic and Kareem built, they could easily have been how the Knicks were for 4-5 decades.

Alot of us would love the younger Buss boys to take over bball ops since they have been drafting well for a while now but theres just alot of drama. But yes completely agree with u . For example imagine Brad Stevens or Pat Riley running the show..

Yea Lakers would be unstoppable with strong leadership.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,034

Post#51 » by WaltFrazier » Fri May 10, 2024 2:27 pm

hyper316 wrote:
refshateRaps wrote:
Scase wrote:I have zero love for the lakers, but they won a chip like 4 years ago lol.

It's actually quite sad and amazing Lebron and AD haven't don't much outside of that bubble championship.

They won that meaningless in-season tournament, then went on a losing streak haha

BTW there is no such video for MJ
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.

Return to Toronto Raptors