ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

6ixpessant
Senior
And1: 459

Re: OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick 

Post#41 » by 6ixpessant » Sun May 5, 2024 8:47 am

This diss track stuff is such hilarious marketing.
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,264

Post#42 » by Childs » Sun May 5, 2024 11:24 am

This is as much entertaining as watching my chest hair grow in real time (I don’t have any).

I would rather watch a cage match between Eric Koreem, Doug Smith, Josh Lewenberg, Ryan Wolstat, and Michael Grange. And even that would stink.
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,989

Post#43 » by Mack11 » Sun May 5, 2024 12:26 pm

this is clearly for sales.. they have these tracks all ready to be released when the bell sounds.

I miss real rap beefs like Matt devlin vs Wale
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,090

Post#44 » by Westside Gunn » Sun May 5, 2024 2:07 pm

At this point in his career Drake doesn't need to do stuff like this for sales. He has broken every record. Even Kendrick Lamar doesn't need to do this for sales as he has really good numbers on his side as well.

This will probably be the last of competitive raps we ever get and specially at this level. New artists just don't have the skills that these two have (ghostwriter or not) going back and forth at each other. Just enjoy this as much as you did..

Not Like Us is definitely not friendly fire, it seems very personal when you call someone a culture vulture, malibus most wanted and taking advantage of atlanta.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Post#45 » by Jstock12 » Sun May 5, 2024 3:28 pm

I enjoy good diss tracks. Sadly, most of these celebrity rappers aren't very good at that.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,671

Post#46 » by Syd-TK3 » Sun May 5, 2024 3:34 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:In reality, neither Kendrick nor Drake have dropped any real bars.

This battle is more like friendly fire.

False allegations and superficial disses.

That Drake & Pusha T beef was as real as it gets. This one just seems fabricated.

Also want to add that Kendrick fans have been showing their true colors. They declared him the winner before the "battle" even begun and have been on their knees raving about some of the weakest bars to grace the mic.

There's a bunch of Drake fans moving the same way as well and engaging in confirmation bias every chance they get.

Rap beef is all about narratives and Kendrick is completely controlling that right now
d00lttle
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,360

Post#47 » by d00lttle » Sun May 5, 2024 3:49 pm

Kendrick name dropped Derozan (“glad Deroz came home, y’all didn’t deserve him”).

He’s taking shots at Canada now. I think Kendrick really don’t like anyone who’s not Black American taking from their “culture”.
Public_Enemy101
Pro Prospect
And1: 950

Post#48 » by Public_Enemy101 » Sun May 5, 2024 3:52 pm

I don’t follow social media or I listen to rap for the lyrics but just for the musicality aspect (like keys, beat, arrangement). I do love the genre though.

Outside of the music, I find the whole rap culture to be just a bunch of hypocrites and thus very VERY lame. There’s just so much more in life that’s worth investing in than a bunch of rich middle aged dudes having a high school beef.

But if that’s your thing and you can clearly disassociate that with reality, that’s fine. The danger is those who can’t like teenagers or those who see these artists as role models.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,057

Post#49 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun May 5, 2024 4:38 pm

d00lttle wrote:Kendrick name dropped Derozan (“glad Deroz came home, y’all didn’t deserve him”).

He’s taking shots at Canada now. I think Kendrick really don’t like anyone who’s not Black American taking from their “culture”.

He pronounced it "D-Roz" "D-Rose".

Nobody has ever called DeMar that lol, that's only reserved for Derrick Rose.

Weak bar.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,958

Post#50 » by Kevin Willis » Sun May 5, 2024 4:59 pm

They're idiots now. What they're doing is snitching on each other, telling the whole world their dirty laundry. Drake isn't a thug. Kendrick isn't a thug. This gives police more motivation to follow both their asses around. They're giving names like so and so did this and so and so is that. That's snitching.

Street guys don't act that way. They don't name names. Pusha T exposed his son - true. That's as far as he went. He talked about money and this and that but it was specific to Drake (Pusha T was a drug dealer, he's careful). Kendrick is bringing up the fact he's Canadian and he's mixed and who is on his payroll. First of all Canadians have thugs. Even though he's mixed, he's still black and his other half is Jewish - where is he going with this? Drake said some crazy stuff too but he warned him let's keep it PG and Kendrick went into bitch mode and said nope, you hurt my feelings.

Kendrick is an amazing lyricist. Drake is an amazing entertainer. Respect each other's game and let it go. East coast vs. West coast was stupid, let's not go there again - especially for the kids.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,057

Post#51 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun May 5, 2024 5:01 pm

This "battle" only further solidified what we already knew...

Drake is a better hitmaker.

Kendrick is a better lyricist.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
ill-Will03
Rookie
And1: 1,438

Post#52 » by ill-Will03 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:20 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:They're idiots now. What they're doing is snitching on each other, telling the whole world their dirty laundry. Drake isn't a thug. Kendrick isn't a thug. This gives police more motivation to follow both their asses around. They're giving names like so and so did this and so and so is that. That's snitching.

Street guys don't act that way. They don't name names. Pusha T exposed his son - true. That's as far as he went. He talked about money and this and that but it was specific to Drake (Pusha T was a drug dealer, he's careful). Kendrick is bringing up the fact he's Canadian and he's mixed and who is on his payroll. First of all Canadians have thugs. Even though he's mixed, he's still black and his other half is Jewish - where is he going with this? Drake said some crazy stuff too but he warned him let's keep it PG and Kendrick went into bitch mode and said nope, you hurt my feelings.

Kendrick is an amazing lyricist. Drake is an amazing entertainer. Respect each other's game and let it go. East coast vs. West coast was stupid, let's not go there again - especially for the kids.

This is how I feel exactly. We just dry snitching on each other now? How is this rap lol
d00lttle
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,360

Post#53 » by d00lttle » Sun May 5, 2024 5:20 pm

At the rate Kendrick is dropping it's only time until he disses the Raptors in one of his bars.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,317

Post#54 » by YogurtProducer » Sun May 5, 2024 5:36 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:In reality, neither Kendrick nor Drake have dropped any real bars.

That Drake & Pusha T beef was as real as it gets. This one just seems fabricated.

Also want to add that Kendrick fans have been showing their true colors. They declared him the winner before the "battle" even begun and have been on their knees raving about some of the weakest bars to ever grace the mic.

There's a bunch of Drake fans moving the same way as well and engaging in confirmation bias every chance they get.

I don’t know how you think this is fabricated :lol:

Kendrick has OVO snitches on his side - he KNEW was drake was gonna say and has responses locked and loaded before drake even responded.

I came here today to see if there’s any discussions. This Drake pedo stuff and the fact no one is on drakes side makes me think thee OVO athletic facility or whatever is going to have a new name and we will not be doing and black and gold in the future.

Raptors gonna distance themselves from Drake IMO.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,317

Post#55 » by YogurtProducer » Sun May 5, 2024 5:37 pm

Jstock12 wrote:I enjoy good diss tracks. Sadly, most of these celebrity rappers aren't very good at that.

Call Kdot a celebrity rapper is cringe :lol:
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,320

Post#56 » by Tor_Raps » Sun May 5, 2024 5:41 pm

I just found out that Kendrick is 5'4... I'm sorry but no way your ass can act this hard being like a 100 pounds.

Drake, just challenge the man to a boxing match to end this lol.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Post#57 » by Jstock12 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:43 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:I enjoy good diss tracks. Sadly, most of these celebrity rappers aren't very good at that.

I don't care about semantics. Just saying, this diss exchange was pretty weak stuff. They both produce good mainstream rap, but as far as great diss tracks go this doesn't even scratch the surface. No substance. Marketing stunt, that's all there is to it.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,320

Post#58 » by Tor_Raps » Sun May 5, 2024 5:49 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

Just saying, this diss exchange was pretty weak stuff. They both produce good mainstream rap, but as far as great diss tracks go this doesn't even scratch the surface.

It's more about the star power involved in this battle. Rarely do you see guys at this level go at each other to this extent.
ill-Will03
Rookie
And1: 1,438

Post#59 » by ill-Will03 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:56 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:

Also want to add that Kendrick fans have been showing their true colors. They declared him the winner before the "battle" even begun and have been on their knees raving about some of the weakest bars to ever grace the mic.

I don’t know how you think this is fabricated :lol:

Kendrick has OVO snitches on his side - he KNEW was drake was gonna say and has responses locked and loaded before drake even responded.

I came here today to see if there’s any discussions. This Drake pedo stuff and the fact no one is on drakes side makes me think thee OVO athletic facility or whatever is going to have a new name and we will not be doing and black and gold in the future.

Raptors gonna distance themselves from Drake IMO.

I mean they both just throwing out allegations without any receipts. Also you forgetting that Kendrick lied about Drake having another kid. This **** is just starting to get corny.

I rather them keep it about who’s the better rapper not trying to expose the other person
RealGM
And1: 66,553

Post#60 » by 720 » Sun May 5, 2024 6:34 pm

I like Kendrick more than Drake as an artist. But in this beef, Kendrick songs have too many overlaps (he has three songs talking about the same ish for the most part) and Meet the Grahams had false info (like that daughter accusation, and the picture of the song with the ozempic and the gloves, etc being a plant from Drake’s camp.

Had Kendrick just dropped Not Like Us and nothing else it would have been amazing. Because the song is by far his best in this beef.

With that being said Drake probably has the largest population of haters in music so even with these trips people are leaning towards Kendrick as the winner. I feel like both artists won’t stop dropping songs though. It’s gonna be interesting to see how this all ends.

Return to Toronto Raptors