ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,555

Re: OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick 

Post#201 » by bballsparkin » Tue May 7, 2024 1:30 am

sbsat wrote:Kendrick reduced himself to:

Calling drake white
Calling drake a deadbeat dad
Saying he hates drake and everything about him
Saying he has a daughter he wont claim
Saying he is a pedophile

He reduced himself to this to sell units. Its pretty simple stop putting this fool on a pedestal

As someone who is only following by via reading this thread that is pretty wild. Especially the last one. You need proof to say that ish!

edit: and in that nick carter wiki article someone posted it had a comment that he said he started drinking at age 2. How does that happen other than very bad parents? I knew that guy was shady ever since I saw him hanging out with Tommy Lee on some tv show. Boy band member with the Crue drummer? You know they up to no good. :lol:
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,729

Post#202 » by SFour » Tue May 7, 2024 1:41 am

Brinbe wrote:
SFour wrote:
Brinbe wrote:Aubrey getting this type of fervent support despite being thoroughly destroyed in every which way explains why an entire generation of ppl in this city are outright idiots. Hypebeast/6ixbuzz morons. Explains so much lol.

The cult of personality is a strong one. Same reason why Marner got a free pass for years and years. People will look the other way on things if the birth certificate says a certain thing.

Read on Twitter

Artistically/lyrically/personally this groomer has been bested in this beef that he was asking for. And the worst part is releasing that sorry track last night. We can't go out like that on that crap note.

he's more of a groomer....I wouldn't call him a full blown pedophile. Obviously those 2 go hand in hand but a pedophile is a much more serious accusation.

bro, read what I wrote. I literally called him a groomer and not a pedo.

and this doesn't even get into the other things that kendrick brought up about drake being a colonizing culture vulture and it's not wrong. drake isn't even a real thing, it's an acted out put upon gimmick/persona that is propped up by the music industry. no different from taylor or ariana or any other pop star.

seems like you're too focused on 1 side of the accusations....is being a culture vulture worse than being a women/wife beater.

Imagine the outrage if the roles were reversed and it was Drake who was accused to be the women beater, that's the only thing people would be talking about.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,598

Post#203 » by Brinbe » Tue May 7, 2024 1:43 am

SFour wrote:
Brinbe wrote:
SFour wrote:
he's more of a groomer....I wouldn't call him a full blown pedophile. Obviously those 2 go hand in hand but a pedophile is a much more serious accusation.

and this doesn't even get into the other things that kendrick brought up about drake being a colonizing culture vulture and it's not wrong. drake isn't even a real thing, it's an acted out put upon gimmick/persona that is propped up by the music industry. no different from taylor or ariana or any other pop star.

seems like you're too focused on 1 side....is being a culture vulture worse than being a women/wife beater.

Imagine the outrage if the roles were reversed and it was Drake who was accused to be the women beater, that's the only thing people would be talking about.

nah, because the issue is that the person making that accusation has zero credibility nor proof beyond old gossip rumors. and there's little to indicate that kendrick is anything close to that type of person. there's no smoke there at all. obviously if that's true then it's horrible but that's not how this is turning out.

meanwhile all the accusations about drake have been out there for years. and there's more than the grooming accusations.

the consensus by and large from people beyond the ovo cult is that drake absolutely lost this one so most people aren't taking him seriously on that.
SFour
RealGM

Post#204 » by SFour » Tue May 7, 2024 1:49 am

Brinbe wrote:
SFour wrote:
Brinbe wrote:bro, read what I wrote. I literally called him a groomer and not a pedo.

seems like you're too focused on 1 side....is being a culture vulture worse than being a women/wife beater.

nah, because the issue is that the person making that accusation has zero credibility nor proof beyond old gossip rumors. and there's little to indicate that kendrick is anything close to that type of person. there's no smoke there at all. obviously if that's true then it's horrible but that's not how this is turning out.

meanwhile all the accusations about drake have been out there for years. and there's more than the grooming accusations.

the consensus by and large from people beyond the ovo cult is that drake absolutely lost this one so most people aren't taking him seriously on that.

but Kendrick is the one who was tricked into saying Drake has a daughter.....and you still give him credibility?

once again if the roles were reversed people would be clowning on Drake for being tricked by a mole
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,598

Post#205 » by Brinbe » Tue May 7, 2024 1:57 am

SFour wrote:
Brinbe wrote:
SFour wrote:

but Kendrick is the one who was tricked into saying Drake has a daughter.....and you still give him credibility?

once again if the roles were reversed people would be clowning on Drake for being tricked by a mole

lmfao once again, if he were tricked he would've revealed it immediately. how the hell are people this dumb!? he would've had that taped up and had it out right away after meet the grahams hit.

the very first thing drake did was post on ig denying it and now it's a set-up. y'all are goofy as he is

Read on Twitter

this is really exposing these drake supporters as slow as hell

Read on Twitter

media literacy and comprehension/critical thinking is at an all-time low
SFour
RealGM

Post#206 » by SFour » Tue May 7, 2024 2:13 am

Brinbe wrote:
SFour wrote:
Brinbe wrote:nah, because the issue is that the person making that accusation has zero credibility nor proof beyond old gossip rumors. and there's little to indicate that kendrick is anything close to that type of person. there's no smoke there at all. obviously if that's true then it's horrible but that's not how this is turning out.

lmfao once again, if he were tricked he would've revealed it immediately. how the hell are people this dumb!? he would've had that taped up and had it out right away after meet the grahams hit.

the very first thing drake did was post on ig denying it and now it's a set-up. y'all are goofy as he is

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

it's clear you have a bias towards Kendrick...I'm not defending Drake, just looking for a fair fight.

I also think Drake is corny, a womanizer, gambling addict, wannabe gangster who lives in a mansion. But it's obvious the hate towards him is pre-determined.

How do you bring up "media literacy and comprehension/critical thinking is at an all-time low" and then at the same time assume that Drake fed them 100% of the stories....that's the only situation where he would be calling himself a clown.
CazOnReal
Pro Prospect
And1: 545

Post#207 » by CazOnReal » Tue May 7, 2024 2:40 am

Just a reminder: When Taylor Swift lied about Kayne asking about her being mentioned in a song ("I made that b*tch famous), Ye and Kim pulled up the receipts and Taylor had no ground to stand on before she made the wretched "Look What You Made Me Do". Her reputation was destroyed and her credibility was in tatters following this incident, and all it took was one video.

Even if we set aside the fact that Drake has lied in the past (Let's not forget he lied about Adonis when that bombshell of a first secret kid dropped), how stupid is Drake not to just do the very easy, credibility destroying action of...showing the receipts? Posting Sonic clips on Instagram is not a dismantling of what Kendrick has said, especially when the grooming allegations have been around for years, not to mention an infamous incident where he paid several hundreds of thousands of dollars to a woman who accused him of sexual assault.

This is my big problem with Drake making claims like him planting a mole: All the public evidence that we do have about him, his character, the people around him, etc. suggests Drake is too stupid to try something like feeding Kendrick fake information. In Heart Part 6, he (or his ghost writers) lacked the media literacy to properly interpret Mother I Sober and him saying he "never looked at a teenager twice" only further adds to his lack of credibility when we literally have video of him kissing an underage fan - and saying he can't go to jail yet after kissing said underage fan.

He's making a claim that's going to live or die based on his credibility or lack thereof on a track where he is showcasing his ignorance or malice via manipulation aka. the thing Kendrick kept calling him a master of.
rapz**7**
Bench Warmer
And1: 284

Post#208 » by rapz**7** » Tue May 7, 2024 3:20 am

Brinbe wrote:
SFour wrote:
Brinbe wrote:bro, read what I wrote. I literally called him a groomer and not a pedo.

Aw man, liked you better for your basketball takes. Reading your takes on this thread have been wild. I don't think I've ever seen you categorize people based off their opinion like this before. I hope you really enjoy dots music for you to support him this much.
Basketball_Jones wrote:
_MidNight_ wrote:I'd like to think our young guys grew a little with this win tonight

Nah they're the same height
rapz**7**
Bench Warmer
And1: 284

Post#209 » by rapz**7** » Tue May 7, 2024 3:23 am

CazOnReal wrote:Just a reminder: When Taylor Swift lied about Kayne asking about her being mentioned in a song ("I made that b*tch famous), Ye and Kim pulled up the receipts and Taylor had no ground to stand on before she made the wretched "Look What You Made Me Do". Her reputation was destroyed and her credibility was in tatters following this incident, and all it took was one video.

Even if we set aside the fact that Drake has lied in the past (Let's not forget he lied about Adonis when that bombshell of a first secret kid dropped), how stupid is Drake not to just do the very easy, credibility destroying action of...showing the receipts? Posting Sonic clips on Instagram is not a dismantling of what Kendrick has said, especially when the grooming allegations have been around for years, not to mention an infamous incident where he paid several hundreds of thousands of dollars to a woman who accused him of sexual assault.

This is my big problem with Drake making claims like him planting a mole: All the public evidence that we do have about him, his character, the people around him, etc. suggests Drake is too stupid to try something like feeding Kendrick fake information. In Heart Part 6, he (or his ghost writers) lacked the media literacy to properly interpret Mother I Sober and him saying he "never looked at a teenager twice" only further adds to his lack of credibility when we literally have video of him kissing an underage fan - and saying he can't go to jail yet after kissing said underage fan.

He's making a claim that's going to live or die based on his credibility or lack thereof on a track where he is showcasing his ignorance or malice via manipulation aka. the thing Kendrick kept calling him a master of.

I thought dots fans were focused on reading into the lyrics and meaning etc. I guess that only applies to his music.
Basketball_Jones wrote:
_MidNight_ wrote:I'd like to think our young guys grew a little with this win tonight

Nah they're the same height
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,963

Post#210 » by Kevin Willis » Tue May 7, 2024 4:20 am

Brinbe wrote:
SFour wrote:
Brinbe wrote:Aubrey getting this type of fervent support despite being thoroughly destroyed in every which way explains why an entire generation of ppl in this city are outright idiots. Hypebeast/6ixbuzz morons. Explains so much lol.

The cult of personality is a strong one. Same reason why Marner got a free pass for years and years. People will look the other way on things if the birth certificate says a certain thing.

Read on Twitter

Artistically/lyrically/personally this groomer has been bested in this beef that he was asking for. And the worst part is releasing that sorry track last night. We can't go out like that on that crap note.

You can say that about many, many, many, many, many artists. Even in rap. Not sure why Drake all of a sudden is presented as 'the one'. Also, Kendrick is no saint. In many respects he's just as bad, his only saving grace was he's from Compton. Drake couldn't control where and who he was born to, he could only make the best of the situation. I mean, I would rather be born in T.O. than a soft shrimp in the hoods of Compton but you know that's just me....
Ska needs to make a comeback.
tms
Veteran
And1: 2,116

Post#211 » by tms » Tue May 7, 2024 4:20 am

Kendrick cooked him- as expected. One guy's from Compton and the other's from Avenue Rd & Eglinton. Never thought I'd type those words lol. Aubrey should be happy w his participation ribbon and his (much bigger) brand . No shame in that. But his singsong raps ain't gonna win any battles against the GROATs who've actually lived it
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,358

Post#212 » by UnderdogRaptors » Tue May 7, 2024 4:21 am

ThatClockWork wrote:
Spoiler:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/nrjveNb25NI hard cope from the stans list lol. Your "God" got pressed and bowed out.

:lol: All jokes aside, Drake isn't finished as an artist. He does however need to leave Kendrick alone.

Easy drake w. Fabrications don't mean midget won :lol:
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM

Post#213 » by UnderdogRaptors » Tue May 7, 2024 4:23 am

MavCarter wrote:
WetLikeWater wrote:Freaky ass ngga!
He's a 69god!
Hey hey hey hey! Run for your life!

69god sounds like some **** 5th graders would make up and this who his stans claim you need a 500 IQ to listen to :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drakes bars are more disrespectful and cut deeper trust
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM

Post#214 » by UnderdogRaptors » Tue May 7, 2024 4:27 am

Brinbe wrote:
SFour wrote:
Brinbe wrote:nah, because the issue is that the person making that accusation has zero credibility nor proof beyond old gossip rumors. and there's little to indicate that kendrick is anything close to that type of person. there's no smoke there at all. obviously if that's true then it's horrible but that's not how this is turning out.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The clown thing was the snitching allegations...
CazOnReal
Pro Prospect
And1: 545

Post#215 » by CazOnReal » Tue May 7, 2024 4:45 am

UnderdogRaptors wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
WetLikeWater wrote:Freaky ass ngga!
He's a 69god!
Hey hey hey hey! Run for your life!

69god sounds like some **** 5th graders would make up and this who his stans claim you need a 500 IQ to listen to :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I suppose self-inflicted wounds count as cutting deep.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,850

Post#216 » by Basketball_Jones » Tue May 7, 2024 4:45 am

I hope this things done now. Too many response tracks is just watering it down. I don’t follow hip hop or care too much enough about this to give an opinion about who won. But I do think it was more evenly matched then anticipated and nobody was really “cooked” or lost. Like a Nas Ether type of track that the streets proclaimed was the nail in the coffin (though Takeover was way better imo). Drake had the advantage of striking first for momentum so he was able to hold his own for a bit.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,517

Post#217 » by Tor_Raps » Tue May 7, 2024 4:51 am

junot111 wrote:Unless Drake pulls a rabbit out of his hat I think Kendrick won this one. But the odds were against Drake in the first place because everyone was waiting for him to fail, it was easy for Kendrick to rally the public against him.

I know Drake is a cornball but he claimed Toronto and Canada like no Canadian celebrity (none of whom had as much star power as him) has ever done before. It kinda sucks for him that everyone he's worked with and helped put on ends up going against him later on

That is the exact reason I'm sticking up for him in this. You got a bunch of idiots calling him names based on no substance. Even when they get proved wrong, they're still being complete dumbasses. Sad to see.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM

Post#218 » by UnderdogRaptors » Tue May 7, 2024 4:57 am

CazOnReal wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:
MavCarter wrote:

I suppose self-inflicted wounds count as cutting deep.

Self inflicted how? Kenny not even denying what drake saying :nod:
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,581

Post#219 » by PhilBlackson » Tue May 7, 2024 10:05 am

Kendrick is taking a major L.

The dude is relying on fabrications while what Drake is saying is just a fact and as others have mentioned had the factual things about Kendrick been so about Drake (ie beating his wife, being molested etc), Drake would be getting absolutely bagged on.

But some people just hate Drake and his pop like rapping that they refuse to acknowledge this and just want Drake to lose more than they want the truth.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,788

Post#220 » by Fairview4Life » Tue May 7, 2024 11:31 am

CazOnReal wrote:Just a reminder: When Taylor Swift lied about Kayne asking about her being mentioned in a song ("I made that b*tch famous), Ye and Kim pulled up the receipts and Taylor had no ground to stand on before she made the wretched "Look What You Made Me Do". Her reputation was destroyed and her credibility was in tatters following this incident, and all it took was one video.

Just to be clear, you believe Taylor Swift’s reputation was destroyed by Kanye West? Some of you guys live in a very insular world I think.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.

Return to Toronto Raptors