ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,063

Re: OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick 

Post#81 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon May 6, 2024 12:06 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:
MavCarter wrote:Americans wanted the canadian gone a long time ago. Twitter decided kendrick won even before this all started

Yea they said he didn't even have to respond for a W.. Wtf

Having a Canadian come into the rap/hip hop game and be the dude at the top definitely pisses them off.

It's why even if Drake isn't your taste that you have to be respect that he always repped Toronto in a game where Canada as a whole is "looked down upon" because it's just not "gangsta" enough.

Not only a Canadian, but also a light-skin from a rich family.

Most of these people are hating because they can't relate to him. Their tone would be completely different if he was American that made it out the hood and "got it out the mud".
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,323

Post#82 » by Tor_Raps » Mon May 6, 2024 12:12 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:Yea they said he didn't even have to respond for a W.. Wtf

Having a Canadian come into the rap/hip hop game and be the dude at the top definitely pisses them off.

It's why even if Drake isn't your taste that you have to be respect that he always repped Toronto in a game where Canada as a whole is "looked down upon" because it's just not "gangsta" enough.

Most of these people are hating because they can't relate to him. Their tone would be completely different if he was American that made it out the hood and "got it out the mud".

Such stupidity. Eminem faced all type of crap when entertaining the rap world for "being different" too.

Imagine all this talk about the Black Lives Matter movement but then being so racist/prejudice towards anyone who is different when entering "your realm." This type of behavior would get crucified in today's world if the roles were reversed.

Be the change you want to see in the world or else you're just a damn hypocrite.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#83 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon May 6, 2024 12:20 am

It's also worth nothing that it's Drake vs.

Kendrick
ASAP
Future
Metro
Weeknd
Ross

He's up against the individual fanbases of those artists as well.

Literally a 20 v 1
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#84 » by Tor_Raps » Mon May 6, 2024 12:22 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:It's also worth nothing that it's Drake vs.

Kendrick
ASAP
Future
Metro
Weeknd
Ross

Literally a 20 v 1

I stopped following the hip hop world for years now but what does the weeknd have against Drake? Thought both being Canadian would avoid this level of "beef.
MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 31,031

Post#85 » by MavCarter » Mon May 6, 2024 12:25 am

Kendrick
ASAP
Future
Metro
Weeknd
Ross

Literally a 20 v 1

Not to mention the "we're all energized by the elimination of drake" kanye :lol:. I dont care what anyone else says while other rappers apologize for disses and say they cant sleep at night drake has put the gloves up vs everyone who came for him win or lose. These aren't past their prime washed up guys hes going againts all these guys are hot and mainstream with maybe the exception of ross
#Enjoytheride
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#86 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon May 6, 2024 12:31 am

MavCarter wrote:

Kendrick
ASAP
Future
Metro
Weeknd
Ross

Literally a 20 v 1

Not to mention the "we're all energized by the elimination of drake" kanye :lol:. I dont care what anyone else says while other rappers apologize for disses and say they cant sleep at night drake has put the gloves up vs everyone who came for him win or lose. These aren't past their prime washed up guys hes going againts all these guys are hot and mainstream with maybe the exception of ross

Rozay lost a lot of respect.
Guys so deprived and desperate for attention. It's actually embarrassing.
Jumping in a beef he had no part in. :lol:
His career wouldn't have made it past the 2000s if it wasn't for Drake.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#87 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon May 6, 2024 12:33 am

Tor_Raps wrote:

Kendrick
ASAP
Future
Metro
Weeknd
Ross

Literally a 20 v 1

I stopped following the hip hop world for years now but what does the weeknd have against Drake? Thought both being Canadian would avoid this level of "beef.

Weeknd is the most fraudulent "Canadian" ever.
He just went to school here and left as soon as he got a lil taste of fame.

He's done nothing for the city of Toronto.
RealGM
And1: 66,553

Post#88 » by 720 » Mon May 6, 2024 12:33 am

Another thing that’s being overlooked is Kendrick buried Family Matters by dropping two diss tracks. I feel like he dropped Not Like us the next day because Meet the Grahams had wrong info (about the daughter thing and the picture) and Drake was looking like he was winning. So he had to double back.

With him dropping two songs soon after each other he flooded the market in a sense. Good strategy. Not like us is very listenable. My friend didn’t even know Drake dropped Family Matters. He thought Not like us was a response to Push Ups. Lol
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#89 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon May 6, 2024 1:27 am

Drake dropped...

Here we go.
Jeremy Lin 7
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,350

Post#90 » by Jeremy Lin 7 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:36 am

Drake just ended Kendrick
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#91 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon May 6, 2024 1:49 am

Lol Drake really did make Kendrick look like a fool.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#92 » by Tor_Raps » Mon May 6, 2024 2:01 am

Drake just responded to Kendrick like a man without looking like a damn fool.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,351

Post#93 » by UnderdogRaptors » Mon May 6, 2024 2:15 am

Rip Kenny
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,232

Post#94 » by Reeko » Mon May 6, 2024 2:27 am

"I don't wanna diss you anymore this really got me second guessing, Touch My Body by Mariah Carey play you probably start reflecting."

I don't care for this beef at all, personally. Kendrick is one of my favourite rappers of all time, been listening to him since like '10 or '11 before he blew up, back when I would play him in my car and people would ask "Who is that?" Overly Dedicated, Section .80, GKMC, all classics in my book.

With all that being said, I've heard all of the tracks and for the most part they've all sucked, except for Family Matters and The Heart 6 by Drake. Kendrick just sounds like he's reading a letter on his tracks, barely any punchlines or metaphors. When it comes to this beef stuff Drake is a battle tested champion. People forget that allegedly he had something for Pusha T and Kanye after the Story of Adidon dropped, but it got canned by J Prince because it would have caused too much damage.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
d00lttle
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,360

Post#95 » by d00lttle » Mon May 6, 2024 2:29 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Kendrick
ASAP
Future
Metro
Weeknd
Ross

Literally a 20 v 1

Drake addressed this in Push Ups. Weekend literally has nothing to do with TO anymore. I doubt he even visits. At least Drake always reps Toronto and visits often.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,351

Post#96 » by UnderdogRaptors » Mon May 6, 2024 2:33 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Such stupidity. Eminem faced all type of crap when entertaining the rap world for "being different" too.

Imagine all this talk about the Black Lives Matter movement but then being so racist/prejudice towards anyone who is different when entering "your realm." This type of behavior would get crucified in today's world if the roles were reversed.

Be the change you want to see in the world or else you're just a damn hypocrite.

Kendrick always been a race baiter but ironically cheated on his girl with white women guy has been exposed big time
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,232

Post#97 » by Reeko » Mon May 6, 2024 2:34 am

Tor_Raps wrote:

Kendrick
ASAP
Future
Metro
Weeknd
Ross

Literally a 20 v 1

Their beef stems from the Weeknd giving up a lot of his music to Drake in the making of Take Care, Drake then wanting to sign him to OVO and the Weeknd not signing. Probably the best choice of the Weeknd's career not to sign with OVO, look at how Party Next Door ended up.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
rocky_da_best
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,869

Post#98 » by rocky_da_best » Mon May 6, 2024 2:37 am

I like both artists for different reasons but I think kendrick really underestimating Drake. Like that one poster alluded to who spent time in jail, Drizzy got killas. Kendrick need to chill. And now that it's all but confirmed Drake conned his ass with fake insider info, I think this battle is over. Drake won. He made kendrick look like a fool. But like people have said, Twitter doesnt care cause they're all giant kendrick stans
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,703

Post#99 » by WuTang_OG » Mon May 6, 2024 2:49 am

haha drake had enough and sent this man to the sun
kendrick's score got erased.
this fake mole stuff was rumoured all over twitter once euphoria dropped. drake was always leading and
now put him in a bag
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,653

Post#100 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Mon May 6, 2024 3:54 am

d00lttle wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Drake addressed this in Push Ups. Weekend literally has nothing to do with TO anymore. I doubt he even visits. At least Drake always reps Toronto and visits often.

Word, I'm a huge Weeknd fan but it became obvious to me years ago. I mean it's not a huge deal; I don't expect anyone to have to display some kind of city pride/patriotism. But it always felt disingenuous whenever he performs in Toronto and says "I love you Toronto, yada yada". I respect Drake for going mainstream in the US while still repping Toronto because it's actually authentic.

Return to Toronto Raptors