ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,314

OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick 

Post#1 » by Tor_Raps » Sat May 4, 2024 7:30 pm

I know this is a bit off topic but the discussion does involve the Raptors Global Ambassador so it should be fine to discuss here. What are yall thoughts on this escalating like crazy yesterday?

DRAKE
https://youtu.be/iIT1vJScMM0?si=u9GYsPByJE0l5N8H

Vs

KENDRICK
https://youtu.be/Gff1KDXWKyo?si=zuBM8udKJHUsrUG8
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,903

Re: OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick 

Post#2 » by deeps6x » Sat May 4, 2024 7:41 pm

Don't give a crap. Move it to the General O/T board.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,686

Post#3 » by Bruin » Sat May 4, 2024 7:56 pm

It’s fun for the Rap game. I wish J Cole didn’t draw back and was in it still
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#4 » by Tor_Raps » Sat May 4, 2024 8:05 pm

deeps6x wrote:Don't give a crap. Move it to the General O/T board.

You don't gotta respond if you don't give a crap. There's a Leafs thread that some don't care about either. At least this man has direct connections to the Raptors lol.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#5 » by Tor_Raps » Sat May 4, 2024 8:07 pm

Bruin wrote:It’s fun for the Rap game. I wish J Cole didn’t draw back and was in it still

Seems like that was a smart move to avoid the stupidity. Just enjoy the rich and fame without having to "keep it street" when you really don't have to.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,673

Post#6 » by hype_2004 » Sat May 4, 2024 8:40 pm

Fukin multi millionaire children playing child's games what are they going to accomplish with these fake beef petty back and forth insults? Attention which will result in more record sales?
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,100

Post#7 » by ontnut » Sat May 4, 2024 9:00 pm

Nothing will actually come of this beef, they're just attention seeking.
Loyal_Canuck
Sophomore
And1: 237

Post#8 » by Loyal_Canuck » Sat May 4, 2024 9:04 pm

So ignorant about raps beefs that I was expecting drake vs Kendrick’s rd 2
Thaddy
Analyst
And1: 1,895

Post#9 » by Thaddy » Sat May 4, 2024 9:06 pm

This culture is stupid. It's obvious it leads to violence among youth. I work with at risk youth and the ones involved in drug dealing and risk taking behaviours listen to music from this genre. I put one in a confinement space and he told me, he's gonna put a hit out on me and send my head to my mother's house. My supervisor told me it's lyrics from a Drake song. Real story and there was no consequences.

When did Drake become "gangster"? He grew up in a middle class as a child actor? He has real gangsters in the background of his music videos. That screams of an adult making very stupid choices. Drake is rich and purposely creating a bond with the scumbags of society.

The Raptors should axe him from the stupid role they gave him in the first place. I'd rather the Raptors have no culture than that culture.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,057

Post#10 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat May 4, 2024 9:30 pm

ontnut wrote:Nothing will actually come of this beef, they're just attention seeking.

I don't think two of the biggest names in the music industry are "seeking" any attention, especially Drake.

With that being said, how can anyone possibly complaining?

We're being treated to a LEGENDARY battle between two of the greatest to ever do it.

We're witnessing history right now. Both Drake and Kendrick have been popping off. The fans are getting spoiled right now!
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
grimlock
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,511

Post#11 » by grimlock » Sat May 4, 2024 9:31 pm

Someone needs to post the obligatory Wale vs Matt video
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,456

Post#12 » by KL78192020 » Sat May 4, 2024 9:38 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
Bruin wrote:It’s fun for the Rap game. I wish J Cole didn’t draw back and was in it still

Seems like that was a smart move to avoid the stupidity. Just enjoy the rich and fame without having to "keep it street" when you really don't have to.

lol this is just entertainment, they're both winning, with all the attention clicks, and plays for the songs.
TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,835

Post#13 » by TheRealDeal » Sat May 4, 2024 9:51 pm

Kendrick did make a good point about Drake having a convicted sex trafficker on his payroll. Our team even had Baka perform at halftime during the NBA Finals. Not the best look
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,303

Post#14 » by raptorstime » Sat May 4, 2024 9:53 pm

It's fake and manufactured beef. Come on guys are you being serious right now... this is just a show.
JD143726
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,165

Post#15 » by JD143726 » Sat May 4, 2024 10:11 pm

Thaddy wrote:
When did Drake become "gangster"? He grew up in a middle class as a child actor? He has real gangsters in the background of his music videos. That screams of an adult making very stupid choices. Drake is rich and purposely creating a bond with the scumbags of society.

Let me tell you an odd little story about Drake and the police.

I'm going to say this without giving a ton of details. I was in a Canadian penitentiary mid-2010's. The pen was called Joyceville where everyone gets sent at first to an assessment unit. I had been there for a few weeks, one day, I get called to an office. Toronto police waiting for me, they are hitting me with new charges and needed to take me to court to deal with it. They were all plainclothes police.

So I'm sitting there with a plainclothes police guy. He's doing some paperwork on me before we leave. I guess he got to my address and he asks how long I lived there. I don't really answer and he's like 'yeah. Drake lives s up there.' and I just kind of shrug. He continues: "I spent a lot of time there...following that guy around' and his eyes got real narrow and he started kind of muttering to himself. Make that what you will.
RaptorReloaded
Veteran
And1: 970

Post#16 » by RaptorReloaded » Sat May 4, 2024 10:40 pm

JD143726 wrote:
Thaddy wrote:

I'm going to say this without giving a ton of details. I was in a Canadian penitentiary mid-2010's. The pen was called Joyceville where everyone gets sent at first to an assessment unit. I had been there for a few weeks, one day, I get called to an office. Toronto police waiting for me, they are hitting me with new charges and needed to take me to court to deal with it. They were all plainclothes police.

So I'm sitting there with a plainclothes police guy. He's doing some paperwork on me before we leave. I guess he got to my address and he asks how long I lived there. I don't really answer and he's like 'yeah. Drake lives s up there.' and I just kind of shrug. He continues: "I spent a lot of time there...following that guy around' and his eyes got real narrow and he started kind of muttering to himself. Make that what you will.

Pfff Nothin. A second hand account? As someone who's been through the court system I'd hope you know that means nothing.
JD143726
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,165

Post#17 » by JD143726 » Sat May 4, 2024 10:43 pm

RaptorReloaded wrote:
JD143726 wrote:
Thaddy wrote:

Pfff Nothin. A second hand account? As someone who's been through the court system I'd hope you know that means nothing.

I'm not saying it means anything. I just found it weird. I didn't even want that guy talking to me.
wegotthabeet
Analyst
And1: 1,972

Post#18 » by wegotthabeet » Sat May 4, 2024 11:31 pm

hype_2004 wrote:Fukin multi millionaire children playing child's games what are they going to accomplish with these fake beef petty back and forth insults? Attention which will result in more record sales?

the one good thing is that it results in more records being made. records that are pretty good and otherwise wouldn't exist.

it's fun. just like basketball, it's not meant t be taken seriously.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,057

Post#19 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat May 4, 2024 11:35 pm

raptorstime wrote:It's fake and manufactured beef. Come on guys are you being serious right now... this is just a show.

No complaints.

I'm enjoying the show.

A part of me also does believe this "beef" is plotted. Kendrick has said on numerous occasions that he respects Drake. This is all friendly fire - both guys respect each others talent and craft.

Kendrick is set to drop an album in May, so this is perfecting marketing as well.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,671

Post#20 » by Syd-TK3 » Sun May 5, 2024 12:30 am

Kendrick is literally beating Drake at his own game its crazy the way he seems to be one step ahead while dropping better bars

Return to Toronto Raptors