ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,317

Re: OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick 

Post#261 » by YogurtProducer » Tue May 7, 2024 7:18 pm

rocky_da_best wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Dalek wrote:Maybe I am old-fashioned about this, but it went into a character assassination in a hurry and was less about who is the supreme MC/rapper. Drake is the easiest target there is and Kendrick went by the Pusha T playbook going in on his personal life.

I guess he won the the battle because everyone is hating on Drake, but I honestly like Pushups and Family Matters better as diss tracks. They have better beats, great flow and funnier personal jabs at Kendrick. The video of Drake crushing Kendrick's minivan was amazing. The song was mean but normal on the spectrum of what to expect.

Instead, the winner is a guy who is riffing on pedophilia - doubling down on it. Kendrick is cringeworthy for going there. Especially in this society where people hunt down these types of people. Not only is Drake a rap battle loser but now he is a hunted man without any type of firm proof other than being a typical music celebrity surrounded by women.

/edit to be fair to Kendrick his early battle song had the New Ho King reference and the reference to Drake's Jamaican accent was pretty great.

I think the funny part from some people is calling Kendrick going there "cringeworthy" but for some reason the **** Drake is doing isn't...?

Heres an idea for Drake - dont wanna be labeled a pedo/weirdo? Stop texing kids and kissing teenagers on stage :lol:

My current view on this is that Kendrick throughout his entire career has been decently grounded. He does not just jump out and character assassinate people for no reason. The fact he is going so hard at Drake makes me think he has pretty good reason to do so. Some are saying that he is doing to hype a potential new album but you guys are acting like Kendrick isn't one of the biggest artists in the world already. He could do ZERO promo for an album and it would be #1 without even trying - he does not "need" this

So he's just a martyr, doing this out of the goodness of his own heart, trying to take down one evil man at a time? Miss me with that ****. As if guys like Metro, Future, Rick Ross, Weekend, etc. who aligned themselves with him are saints. :lol:

I guess we also forgot when Kendrick had the control verse that was out of nowhere, name dropping every big rapper at the time. This isn't new behaviour for him - he's just gotten more emboldened since then.

J. Cole, probably one of the squeakiest clean records in hip hop is aligned with Drake so Imma side with him on this one. That guy made a song about folding clothes for his wife and how he let nas down, and went to chase a dream playing professional ball in africa. Doubt he'd be hanging out with pedos lmao

The control verse? Bruh all that was was a call to guys to actually rap, and even back then he name dropped Drake in a track in which he said "I got love for you all". So obviously Drake has done some **** to have such a drastic change take place.

But either way - J.Cole also collaborates with Young Thug frequently who has been arrested countless times. Just because dudes hangout does not mean the guy they surround themselves with are squeaky clean.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,539

Post#262 » by bballsparkin » Tue May 7, 2024 7:37 pm

Dalek wrote:
This is why when I do listen to hip hop it is for fun vibes like Lil Yachty, not all this fake posturing stuff.

You know I roll with the strength of a lion upon the ground
When I pounce on the rhythm and prey upon ill sounds
Resonate from the T-dot, making the spot hot
For pigs who sweat like those kids from Welcome Back Kotter
I'm not selling my soul 'cause I'm an artist
Emcees waste time to be preceived as the hardest
The meek posess the earth, so stay modest
I treat the music flows like a goddess
Never bow, 'cause if you do then you get caught up in this game
Seekin' your own fame, try to fortify your name
The only name to fortify is that of the creator
Remember what happened to Darth Vader? Darkside

Eternal F/ K-os & Thrust Lyrics
https://www.lyricsmania.com/eternal_f_k-os_thrust_lyrics_da_grassroots.html

K-os with wise words.

edit: although maybe you made a joke that went way over my head. lol
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,351

Post#263 » by UnderdogRaptors » Tue May 7, 2024 7:38 pm

ThatClockWork wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:
ThatClockWork wrote:
Spoiler:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/nrjveNb25NI hard cope from the stans list lol. Your "God" got pressed and bowed out.

:lol: All jokes aside, Drake isn't finished as an artist. He does however need to leave Kendrick alone.

Easy drake w. Fabrications don't mean midget won :lol:

They not like us, they not like us, they not like us :lol:

That song is trash :lol:
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#264 » by YogurtProducer » Tue May 7, 2024 7:58 pm

UnderdogRaptors wrote:
ThatClockWork wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:Easy drake w. Fabrications don't mean midget won :lol:

They not like us, they not like us, they not like us :lol:

#1 in the world and has been played in MLB stadiums, and on the NBA broadcast last night. Tough look for Aubrey.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,751

Post#265 » by Fairview4Life » Tue May 7, 2024 8:21 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:
ThatClockWork wrote:They not like us, they not like us, they not like us :lol:

#1 in the world and has been played in MLB stadiums, and on the NBA broadcast last night. Tough look for Aubrey.

Airplay means the song is good now? How the turntables have turned.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#266 » by YogurtProducer » Tue May 7, 2024 8:32 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:That song is trash :lol:

For a rap battle? I would argue it is probably the only thing that matters :lol:

Either way - it is by far the best song of the bunch released. It is catchy as all hell, pretty good beat, good lyrical/vocal performance.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,351

Post#267 » by UnderdogRaptors » Tue May 7, 2024 8:33 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:
ThatClockWork wrote:They not like us, they not like us, they not like us :lol:

Still a garbage song. Family matters is the best song in all this
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,678

Post#268 » by sbsat » Tue May 7, 2024 8:56 pm

UnderdogRaptors wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

the not like us song slaps man come on!
rocky_da_best
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,869

Post#269 » by rocky_da_best » Tue May 7, 2024 8:59 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:I think the funny part from some people is calling Kendrick going there "cringeworthy" but for some reason the **** Drake is doing isn't...?

Heres an idea for Drake - dont wanna be labeled a pedo/weirdo? Stop texing kids and kissing teenagers on stage :lol:

My current view on this is that Kendrick throughout his entire career has been decently grounded. He does not just jump out and character assassinate people for no reason. The fact he is going so hard at Drake makes me think he has pretty good reason to do so. Some are saying that he is doing to hype a potential new album but you guys are acting like Kendrick isn't one of the biggest artists in the world already. He could do ZERO promo for an album and it would be #1 without even trying - he does not "need" this

So he's just a martyr, doing this out of the goodness of his own heart, trying to take down one evil man at a time? Miss me with that ****. As if guys like Metro, Future, Rick Ross, Weekend, etc. who aligned themselves with him are saints. :lol:

I guess we also forgot when Kendrick had the control verse that was out of nowhere, name dropping every big rapper at the time. This isn't new behaviour for him - he's just gotten more emboldened since then.

J. Cole, probably one of the squeakiest clean records in hip hop is aligned with Drake so Imma side with him on this one. That guy made a song about folding clothes for his wife and how he let nas down, and went to chase a dream playing professional ball in africa. Doubt he'd be hanging out with pedos lmao

The control verse? Bruh all that was was a call to guys to actually rap, and even back then he name dropped Drake in a track in which he said "I got love for you all". So obviously Drake has done some **** to have such a drastic change take place.

But either way - J.Cole also collaborates with Young Thug frequently who has been arrested countless times. Just because dudes hangout does not mean the guy they surround themselves with are squeaky clean.

You didn't really address my biggest point in all this. So Kendrick is a hip hop vigilante, trying to take down Drake? He has no ulterior motives or self-interests for going at the biggest hip hop/rnb artist in the world?
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#270 » by YogurtProducer » Tue May 7, 2024 9:05 pm

rocky_da_best wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:

You didn't really address my biggest point in all this. So Kendrick is a hip hop vigilante, trying to take down Drake? He has no ulterior motives or self-interests for going at the biggest hip hop/rnb artist in the world?

Kendrick is a dude who makes albums about his own demons, racial issues, religious stuff, (So the next time I talk about money, hoes, clothes, God and history all in the same sentence) etc. and suddenly you are wondering what is motivations is to oust a guy he obviously has some sort of information re: him as a pedo?

The guy creates music and for most of his catalogue has some sort of message with it - it really does not surprise me at all that the dude is using it to try and bring to like that Drake is a weirdo.

So sure- yeah I guess he has a "motive", but so does every other artist in the world :lol:
Mattatron
Starter
And1: 1,682

Post#271 » by Mattatron » Tue May 7, 2024 9:08 pm

UnderdogRaptors wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

That's your opinion. But in Battle Rap it's all about damage and rhymes not about catchy sounds with rnb singing ****. And Kendrick killed Aubrey.
rocky_da_best
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,869

Post#272 » by rocky_da_best » Tue May 7, 2024 9:15 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:The control verse? Bruh all that was was a call to guys to actually rap, and even back then he name dropped Drake in a track in which he said "I got love for you all". So obviously Drake has done some **** to have such a drastic change take place.

Kendrick is a dude who makes albums about his own demons, racial issues, religious stuff, (So the next time I talk about money, hoes, clothes, God and history all in the same sentence) etc. and suddenly you are wondering what is motivations is to oust a guy he obviously has some sort of information re: him as a pedo?

The guy creates music and for most of his catalogue has some sort of message with it - it really does not surprise me at all that the dude is using it to try and bring to like that Drake is a weirdo.

So sure- yeah I guess he has a "motive", but so does every other artist in the world :lol:

Dude, this whole thing started because of the collab album Drake did with Cole, and First Person Shooter. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Kendrick is bitter that the two of them only invited him to do one song instead of an entire album. Months later he hops on a track with Metro and Future and disses the BOTH of them. No mention whatsoever of Drake's supposed crazy pedo life. He only bothered mentioning all that several tracks later. I don't understand how you can look at this beef and say it's because Kendrick is trying to rid the earth of some monster. If it was, he wouldn't wait to be "sneak dissed" to do it.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#273 » by Fairview4Life » Tue May 7, 2024 9:18 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:#1 in the world and has been played in MLB stadiums, and on the NBA broadcast last night. Tough look for Aubrey.

For a rap battle? I would argue it is probably the only thing that matters :lol:

Either way - it is by far the best song of the bunch released. It is catchy as all hell, pretty good beat, good lyrical/vocal performance.

Personally I’d rather listen to Family Matters, with the middle cut out.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
CazOnReal
Pro Prospect
And1: 527

Post#274 » by CazOnReal » Tue May 7, 2024 9:21 pm

UnderdogRaptors wrote:
CazOnReal wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:Drakes bars are more disrespectful and cut deeper trust

I suppose self-inflicted wounds count as cutting deep.

Self inflicted how? Kenny not even denying what drake saying :nod:

See this is that media illiteracy that was mentioned earlier on full display.

He addressed this in Euphoria right at the opening and in Meet the Grahams' final verse but I guess it doesn't count because it wasn't spelled out in as simplistic/corny terms as it could possibly be expressed.

Kendrick: "Why should people believe you, you have a history of lying and here are the things you lied about"; listing a series of things that Drake has been proven to have lied about in the past such as his first kid that was first brought to light in a completely unrelated rap feud from a few years ago

Drake in his response: Lies about Kendrick being molested as a kid (The most charitable reading you can give this bar is he was misinterpreting "Mother I Sober" where Kendrick talked about his mother being violated and the generational trauma that it inflicted which, considering Kendrick called him a manipulator, is not much better) and lies about never "looking twice at no teenager" in an attempt to rebuke Kendrick calling him a pedophile while namedropping one of the teenagers he's alleged to have groomed (Millie Brown); Kendrick never mentioned Millie Brown by name nor alluded to them specifically. More significant, we literally have video of him kissing a then-17 year-old girl who he referred to as "curvaceous" after learning about her age and talked about her breasts before kissing them again (which as an aside, that's just weird to talk about a fan's body like that on stage regardless of their age. Like imagine if Adam LeVine was at a concert saying "that booty is thick" to one of the wine moms in the crow-actually you know what bad example given the leaked LeVine DMs.):

Brown has talked about Drake texting her when she was 14 and said DMs involved him giving her advice about boys:

Just like Lamar, all of the claims and rebuttals Drake has made rely on their credibility. The difference is that Drake lacks credibility given his history of lying. So him saying "I planted a mole, fake news" without receipts while lying on that same diss track only further discredits his reliability.
Fairview4Life wrote:Just to be clear, you believe Taylor Swift’s reputation was destroyed by Kanye West? Some of you guys live in a very insular world I think.

Just to be clear: Did you miss the point that severely that you needed it spelled out for you? If so, let me do just that: If there was a mole/false information being fed to Kendrick's camp, he could just show the receipts and we would be done with this. That's what Ye/Kim did.
Mattatron wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:#1 in the world and has been played in MLB stadiums, and on the NBA broadcast last night. Tough look for Aubrey.

That's your opinion. But in Battle Rap it's all about damage and rhymes not about catchy sounds with rnb singing ****. And Kendrick killed Aubrey.

The fact that you have clubs full of people singing "O-V-HO" and reacting to "Not Like Us" in droves is pretty devastating in of itself, irrespective of what one thinks of the song. Like that's some Fabian "sap them of their strength without directly attacking them" deviousness.
Just a few examples:

Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#275 » by Fairview4Life » Tue May 7, 2024 9:24 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:The control verse? Bruh all that was was a call to guys to actually rap, and even back then he name dropped Drake in a track in which he said "I got love for you all". So obviously Drake has done some **** to have such a drastic change take place.

You think Drake is a pedophile? Like actually believe that? And that Kendrick actually thinks that too and is…releasing battle raps because of this secret info he has? Come on bud. He thinks Drake is phony and doesn’t like that he sells lots of records. He’s not out here because he thinks he’s saving kids from Drakes clutches.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#276 » by Fairview4Life » Tue May 7, 2024 9:30 pm

CazOnReal wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:Just to be clear, you believe Taylor Swift’s reputation was destroyed by Kanye West? Some of you guys live in a very insular world I think.

Just to be clear: Did you miss the point that severely that you needed it spelled out for you? If so, let me do just that: If there was a mole/false information being fed to Kendrick's camp, he could just show the receipts and we would be done with this. That's what Ye/Kim did.

“Ye and Kim” released a heavily edited clip of a call that proved to be extremely misleading when the full 25 minute tape came out. They didn’t have receipts. And I would argue Taylor Swifts reputation and credibility is…slightly higher than Kanye West’s at the moment.
CazOnReal
Pro Prospect
And1: 527

Post#277 » by CazOnReal » Tue May 7, 2024 9:59 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
CazOnReal wrote:

“Ye and Kim” released a heavily edited clip of a call that proved to be extremely misleading when the full 25 minute tape came out. They didn’t have receipts. And I would argue Taylor Swifts reputation and credibility is…slightly higher than Kanye West’s at the moment.

And Drake has released nothing.

Really do not know why this is so hard for you to understand. If there's proof Drake set up Kendrick, he can show it instead of doing the R&B equivalent of "trust me bro".
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#278 » by Fairview4Life » Tue May 7, 2024 10:05 pm

CazOnReal wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
CazOnReal wrote:

And Drake has released nothing.

Really do not know why this is so hard for you to understand. If there's proof Drake set up Kendrick, he can show it instead of doing the R&B equivalent of "trust me bro".

I understand your point just fine. I am laughing at you thinking Kanye is credible but Taylor Swift isn’t. I have bad news about what the rest of the world thinks.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#279 » by YogurtProducer » Tue May 7, 2024 10:10 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:

You think Drake is a pedophile? Like actually believe that? And that Kendrick actually thinks that too and is…releasing battle raps because of this secret info he has? Come on bud. He thinks Drake is phony and doesn’t like that he sells lots of records. He’s not out here because he thinks he’s saving kids from Drakes clutches.

It is pretty silly to think Kendrick, a multi-millionaire, is going this hard at a dude because he sells a lot of records :lol:

If Kendricks claims were completely unfounded and not built in reality, SOMEONE would step up and defend the guy, no? Instead we have everyone piling on because the dude is a weirdo. Even if he is not a "pedophile" (which suggests small kids), he certainly uses his power/fame over top of some questionable girls. The fact the defense from drake fans has turned into "See! The teenagers were FINE with it so that makes it ok!" speaks volumes.

I would say no - just because some teenagers out there are fine with being groomed or felt up by adults does not make it ok for said adult to do it.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#280 » by YogurtProducer » Tue May 7, 2024 10:11 pm

Must say though - completely troubling how hard some of y'all are trying to defend Drakes actions with these girls.

Every Kendrick fan I have seen pretty much admits if he beat his wife he is a POS for it, but Drake fans are trying to explain away the pedophile claims. Nauseating.

Return to Toronto Raptors