ImageImageImageImageImage

Siakam vs OG east conference semi finals

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,840

Re: Siakam vs OG east conference semi finals 

Post#21 » by Basketball_Jones » Sun May 5, 2024 4:34 am

NinjaBro wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:Add a poll to see who the Raptor fans are cheering for here.

I think OG/Knicks would win out here simply because the Pacers gave us nothing for Siakam so there's still some hard feelings there lol.
I don't understand the pacers hate. No other team offered anything better than what they offered. If we really wanted to be mad, Siakam should take the brunt of the blame for tanking his own value by having his agent/family leak to Woj that he won't re-sign with anyone that traded for him.

We need to trade Siakam for AJ Griffen before it's too late! - PhilBlackson

Id rather have AJ Griffen
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,340

Post#22 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:35 am

Los_29 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
Pascal was 9-15 from the field in game 6. To be fair the Knicks shouldn’t be in the 2nd round either as Embiid was nowhere close to 100%.

Knicks in six.

Lol

We were missing Randle and Embiitch injured Mitch intentionally bc Mitch had him in jail... he's not a competitor I lost all respect for him

They also injured Bogs who is built for playoff ball

So I'm not really sure how someone who scored 50 points gets the injury excuse when we were missing a handful of players / dealing with injuries

Bogs is built for playoff basketball? :lol:

Embiid is a top 10 player. The offense runs through him. There is simply no comparison between Randle and Embiid. Knicks would much rather be without those guys than face an Embiid at 100%.

Yes Bogs is an experienced vet, he's a sniper. On a contender he's a great offensive piece

and having Randle means u can't double or triple Brunson so yes he is a huge loss

Mitch gave Embiid fits even when he was 100% healthy. They played dirty and still lost... we turned Wells Fargo into MSG so they had to buy 2,000 tickets just to keep Knicks fans out the building :lol: and we was still deep... so embarrassing
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#23 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:36 am

C_Money wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:
Embiid is always injured/not 100 percent this is basically him at his best.

Exactly.

I'm not even a Randle fan I wanted him gone for years now but u add him to the equation and we smack philly

Randle is one of if not THE worst playoff performer in NBA history but now that Brunsons is the clear #1 that takes immense pressure off Randle plus we have a much better team from top to bottom

You will miss Randle when you face the Celtics in the conference finals.

We missed him against philly of course we're gona miss him when we didn't have a replacement for him
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,716

Post#24 » by C_Money » Sun May 5, 2024 4:40 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
C_Money wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Exactly.

I'm not even a Randle fan I wanted him gone for years now but u add him to the equation and we smack philly

Randle is one of if not THE worst playoff performer in NBA history but now that Brunsons is the clear #1 that takes immense pressure off Randle plus we have a much better team from top to bottom

We missed him against philly of course we're gona miss him when we didn't have a replacement for him

Oh I thought you were talking sh*t about him.
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 42,003

Post#25 » by NinjaBro » Sun May 5, 2024 4:53 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:

I think OG/Knicks would win out here simply because the Pacers gave us nothing for Siakam so there's still some hard feelings there lol.
I don't understand the pacers hate. No other team offered anything better than what they offered. If we really wanted to be mad, Siakam should take the brunt of the blame for tanking his own value by having his agent/family leak to Woj that he won't re-sign with anyone that traded for him.

The real blame falls on Masai obviously for waiting as long as he did if he had no intentions agreeing on an extension with Siakam.

Siakam has every right to be a free agent and choose his next destination for the next several years of his life.
Masai and Bobby has been trying to trade Siakam for years. Even last year at the deadline it went right to the wire. It's not Masai's fault that the rest of the league weren't willing to give up a lot for him. The league knew what we all knew and that Siakam isn't that guy. They weren't going to gut their team or offered multiple blue chip assets for him.

Sure Siakam can choose to be a free agent and choose his destiny. When he leaked to the media about him not re-signing with any team, his trade value essentially went to zero. What he did was highly unprofessional. Play out your contract that you signed and then during the off season you can sign with whoever you want. I see no difference in this than FVV who went on Reddick's podcast and publicly aired his beef the coaching staff and front office on how he's being used when he was having a horrible year. Both highly unprofessional and selfish. Glad they are both gone.

KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#26 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:54 am

C_Money wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
C_Money wrote:

Oh I thought you were talking sh*t about him.

After Randle won MIP and we signed him to that contract he very quickly lost me as a fan of his... I don't like the way he plays, he's awful in the playoffs, his antics, always arguing w the refs... but Thibs compiles the hate bc he plays him too much... plays the entire 1st Q.. even when Obi was playing well he barely saw any minutes. Then the past off season they get rid of Obi and don't even have a single replacement on the roster
NinjaBro
RealGM

Post#27 » by NinjaBro » Sun May 5, 2024 5:00 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:

Id rather have AJ Griffen
No you don't. Griffin is out of the rotation for the lottery team Hawks. Nice try.

DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,139

Post#28 » by DelAbbot » Sun May 5, 2024 5:29 am

OG gonna clamp Siakam's overrated butt

Kiss that max goodbye
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,313

Post#29 » by Tor_Raps » Sun May 5, 2024 6:29 am

NinjaBro wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:I don't understand the pacers hate. No other team offered anything better than what they offered. If we really wanted to be mad, Siakam should take the brunt of the blame for tanking his own value by having his agent/family leak to Woj that he won't re-sign with anyone that traded for him.

The real blame falls on Masai obviously for waiting as long as he did if he had no intentions agreeing on an extension with Siakam.

Siakam has every right to be a free agent and choose his next destination for the next several years of his life.
Masai and Bobby has been trying to trade Siakam for years. Even last year at the deadline it went right to the wire. It's not Masai's fault that the rest of the league weren't willing to give up a lot for him. The league knew what we all knew and that Siakam isn't that guy. They weren't going to gut their team or offered multiple blue chip assets for him.

Sure Siakam can choose to be a free agent and choose his destiny. When he leaked to the media about him not re-signing with any team, his trade value essentially went to zero. What he did was highly unprofessional. Play out your contract that you signed and then during the off season you can sign with whoever you want. I see no difference in this than FVV who went on Reddick's podcast and publicly aired his beef the coaching staff and front office on how he's being used when he was having a horrible year. Both highly unprofessional and selfish. Glad they are both gone.

LOL what kind of homer take is this. Masai was looking to trade Siakam when he actually was a buyer who traded a lightly protected 1st rounder for an average starting Center on an expiring contract?

Did Masai also struggle to get anything for Lowry/Fred/Bruce Brown too? Maybe it's time to start looking at Masai whose value doesn't align with what the market is dictating.
NinjaBro
RealGM

Post#30 » by NinjaBro » Sun May 5, 2024 6:44 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

LOL what kind of homer take is this. Masai was looking to trade Siakam when he actually was a buyer who traded a lightly protected 1st rounder for an average starting Center on an expiring contract?

Did Masai also struggle to get anything for Lowry/Fred/Bruce Brown too? Maybe it's time to start looking at Masai whose value doesn't align with what the market is dictating.
Only a delusional homer would not see that Siakam is the sole person to blame for the whole fiasco. Masai was doing what every GM is expected to do and that is to try and get the most value for his players. You are the one who believes the player is never to be blamed for anything. The stuff I read on this forum is unbelievable smh.

Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,313

Post#31 » by Tor_Raps » Sun May 5, 2024 6:48 am

NinjaBro wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:Masai and Bobby has been trying to trade Siakam for years. Even last year at the deadline it went right to the wire. It's not Masai's fault that the rest of the league weren't willing to give up a lot for him. The league knew what we all knew and that Siakam isn't that guy. They weren't going to gut their team or offered multiple blue chip assets for him.

Only a delusional homer would not see that Siakam is the sole person to blame for the whole fiasco. Masai was doing what every GM is expected to do and that is to try and get the most value for his players. You are the one who believes the player is never to be blamed for anything. The stuff I read on this forum is unbelievable smh.

Jesus, I need to start using some of your quotes as my signature it seems lol.

And if it's Masai's job to get the most for his players then he's done a TERRIBLE job over the past several years. Maybe it's why we're currently in our position where we might not even get to keep our pick after the joke of a season we went through. I think our thoughts might be far too apart to come to any resolution lol.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,956

Post#32 » by Los_29 » Sun May 5, 2024 6:53 am

NinjaBro wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:Masai and Bobby has been trying to trade Siakam for years. Even last year at the deadline it went right to the wire. It's not Masai's fault that the rest of the league weren't willing to give up a lot for him. The league knew what we all knew and that Siakam isn't that guy. They weren't going to gut their team or offered multiple blue chip assets for him.

Masai basically apologized for how he treated Pascal. He was nearly in tears, that’s how bad he felt. Masai threw him under the bus and the team proceeded to lose a lot, by a lot after he was dealt. I’m sure this is something Masai will learn from because it’s most certainly not the way to treat players that played an integral part in us winning a championship.

Pascal wasn’t going to get us a big return especially after how badly it looked for Cleveland and Minnesota after they unloaded a boatload of picks and got bounced in the first round. Luckily the OG trade was a home run for us.
SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,820

Post#33 » by SaveTheHens » Sun May 5, 2024 12:02 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Just because Masai went with a 'try it out with this group' experiment doesn't give us all the info either though. Most GM's should generally play both sides of each situation, especially when caught in the middle of contendor and tanker. Very possible he inquired into the market on OG/Pascal/Fred, didn't like the pieces coming back and chose to pivot a different direction, get us a long term C while seeing if the group works together. Seems reasonable, even if risky, but every decision has its risk. Hard to know but there's been times before, namely when we almost traded Lowry to the Knicks, that Masai instead pivoted a different direction when he didn't get the value he wanted and things ended up working out pretty well. Not saying its the ideal result, but it's a big odds game and one positive is that Masai does have the bargaining chip of teams not knowing if he'll wait out another trade deadline if he doesn't get the value he wants.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,034

Post#34 » by WaltFrazier » Sun May 5, 2024 1:03 pm

It will be good when game 1 starts Monday night. So this thread can be about the series, and stop the debates about Masai, Pascal etc which have been done to death in multiple other threads.

This should be the game thread for this whole series since it holds more interest than the other playoffs.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
TorontoBarneys
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,263

Post#35 » by TorontoBarneys » Sun May 5, 2024 1:05 pm

Knicks win in 5 or 6.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,907

Post#36 » by lobosloboslobos » Sun May 5, 2024 1:36 pm

Los_29 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
Pascal was 9-15 from the field in game 6. To be fair the Knicks shouldn’t be in the 2nd round either as Embiid was nowhere close to 100%.

Knicks in six.

Lol

We were missing Randle and Embiitch injured Mitch intentionally bc Mitch had him in jail... he's not a competitor I lost all respect for him

So I'm not really sure how someone who scored 50 points gets the injury excuse when we were missing a handful of players / dealing with injuries

Embiid is a top 10 player. The offense runs through him. There is simply no comparison between Randle and Embiid. Knicks would much rather be without those guys than face an Embiid at 100%.

NOBODY is afraid of Embiid. yes he is very good but he is not a winner. period. you can make whatever excuses you want but the facts are the facts. he is the losingest MVP in history.

As for Pascal I think all the haters on this board are pathetic. all he did was play his ass off to the best of his ability every year he was here and help win a title. So he wasn't a superstar. So the f what? Because he isn't as good as you want him to be you're going to sh*t on him again and again? it's so lame. He also played his ass off for the pacers and guess what they won a series with him as their best player. tell me again who was their leader in points, rebounds and steals in that series?

I'm thrilled that OG and Pascal are doing so well, and that OG at least is getting the respect he deserves. Almost too bad to see them playing each other. It's a matchup i can't help thinking OG is bound to win. The Pacers need Tyrese to be the best player in a few games to have a chance.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,956

Post#37 » by Los_29 » Sun May 5, 2024 1:44 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Lol

NOBODY is afraid of Embiid. yes he is very good but he is not a winner. period. you can make whatever excuses you want but the facts are the facts. he is the losingest MVP in history.

As for Pascal I think all the haters on this board are pathetic. all he did was play his ass off to the best of his ability every year he was here and help win a title. So he wasn't a superstar. So the f what? Because he isn't as good as you want him to be you're going to sh*t on him again and again? it's so lame. He also played his ass off for the pacers and guess what they won a series with him as their best player. tell me again who was their leader in points, rebounds and steals in that series?

I'm thrilled that OG and Pascal are doing so well, and that OG at least is getting the respect he deserves. Almost too bad to see them playing each other. It's a matchup i can't help thinking OG is bound to win. The Pacers need Tyrese to be the best player in a few games to have a chance.

I’m surprised at how bad Haliburton has played. Indiana absolutely can’t win this series if Hali doesn’t play well. They need him big time.

I am happy to see OG and Pascal doing well too. Both deserve it.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,268

Post#38 » by Chandan » Sun May 5, 2024 5:52 pm

Knicks all the way. They traded OG in good faith and gave us 2 valuable pieces in return.
The Pacers on the other hand was a **** trade partner and fleeced us.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,034

Post#39 » by WaltFrazier » Sun May 5, 2024 6:03 pm

Los_29 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

Knicks in six.

Lol

Whether you like the phrase, built for playoff basketball or not, Bogs is a vet who went through several playoff runs with Utah and was an important shooter off the bench who was just finding his rhythm in NY before the playoffs started. It's a big loss. Randle like him or not is the team's #2 option scorer and would take pressure off Brunson. No one's comparing him to Embiid, but with a healthy Randle Bogs and Robinson I'd take the Knicks over Sixers even with healthy Embiid. That's opinion of course, can't be proven. But this was not healthy NYK vs injured Embiid - both teams were injury-hindered, maybe Knicks more so, Joel did have some big scoring games as it was, whereas Randle and Bogs weren't playing and Robinson missed a game.

Of course with both teams healthy they wouldn't have met first round in a 2-7 match. They would have finished 2-3 one way or the other.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Mr Funk
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,655

Post#40 » by Mr Funk » Sun May 5, 2024 6:42 pm

Los_29 wrote:Pascal was 9-15 from the field in game 6.

lobosloboslobos wrote:As for Pascal I think all the haters on this board are pathetic. all he did was play his ass off to the best of his ability every year he was here and help win a title. So he wasn't a superstar. So the f what? Because he isn't as good as you want him to be you're going to sh*t on him again and again? it's so lame. He also played his ass off for the pacers and guess what they won a series with him as their best player. tell me again who was their leader in points, rebounds and steals in that series?

He also faced nearly constant double teams following Game 2, but there will always be those who have to get their petty cheap shots in.

This Knicks team is so damn likeable: hardworking, elite role players and play finishers, who all know their roles and have completely bought in and have a sound work ethic. Brunson seems like a really good guy and I love watching him play. Thibs is a terrific coach and they kind of remind me of the old Noah/Deng/Jimmy/Rose Bulls era.

Return to Toronto Raptors