ImageImageImageImageImage

Siakam vs OG east conference semi finals

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,797

Re: Siakam vs OG east conference semi finals 

Post#41 » by Michael Jordan » Sun May 5, 2024 8:22 pm

Feels like Knicks will win in 5. I think Siakam will struggle against OG
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,840

Post#42 » by Basketball_Jones » Sun May 5, 2024 8:31 pm

Mr Funk wrote:
Los_29 wrote:Pascal was 9-15 from the field in game 6.

lobosloboslobos wrote:As for Pascal I think all the haters on this board are pathetic. all he did was play his ass off to the best of his ability every year he was here and help win a title. So he wasn't a superstar. So the f what? Because he isn't as good as you want him to be you're going to sh*t on him again and again? it's so lame. He also played his ass off for the pacers and guess what they won a series with him as their best player. tell me again who was their leader in points, rebounds and steals in that series?

He also faced nearly constant double teams following Game 2, but there will always be those who have to get their petty cheap shots in.

This Knicks team is so damn likeable: hardworking, elite role players and play finishers, who all know their roles and have completely bought in and have a sound work ethic. Brunson seems like a really good guy and I love watching him play. Thibs is a terrific coach and they kind of remind me of the old Noah/Deng/Jimmy/Rose Bulls era.

Love the Knicks team. Only guy that’s a bit of a prick is Randle. He almost got into a fight with Quickley earlier in the year.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,502

Post#43 » by Scase » Sun May 5, 2024 8:48 pm

Los_29 wrote:
Scase wrote:I fully expect it to be a crap series and the knicks demolish them personally. The pacers shouldnt even be in the second round, so I'm not expecting much. Siakam was outright bad the last 4 games of his series and the bucks didnt even have anyone to play good defence against him, so if its OG covering him, hes getting clamped.

Pascal was 9-15 from the field in game 6. To be fair the Knicks shouldn’t be in the 2nd round either as Embiid was nowhere close to 100%.

Knicks in six.

The knicks missed randle the entire series, the knicks were winning either way.
Props TZ!
causal_fan
Junior
And1: 338

Post#44 » by causal_fan » Sun May 5, 2024 10:08 pm

I'm enjoying all the teams that didn't want to give up assets for OG and/or Pascal watching from the sidelines while these two have really helped their teams advance.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,958

Post#45 » by Los_29 » Mon May 6, 2024 2:53 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Lol

We were missing Randle and Embiitch injured Mitch intentionally bc Mitch had him in jail... he's not a competitor I lost all respect for him

They also injured Bogs who is built for playoff ball

So I'm not really sure how someone who scored 50 points gets the injury excuse when we were missing a handful of players / dealing with injuries

Bogs is built for playoff basketball? :lol:

Embiid is a top 10 player. The offense runs through him. There is simply no comparison between Randle and Embiid. Knicks would much rather be without those guys than face an Embiid at 100%.

Whether you like the phrase, built for playoff basketball or not, Bogs is a vet who went through several playoff runs with Utah and was an important shooter off the bench who was just finding his rhythm in NY before the playoffs started. It's a big loss. Randle like him or not is the team's #2 option scorer and would take pressure off Brunson. No one's comparing him to Embiid, but with a healthy Randle Bogs and Robinson I'd take the Knicks over Sixers even with healthy Embiid. That's opinion of course, can't be proven. But this was not healthy NYK vs injured Embiid - both teams were injury-hindered, maybe Knicks more so, Joel did have some big scoring games as it was, whereas Randle and Bogs weren't playing and Robinson missed a game.

Of course with both teams healthy they wouldn't have met first round in a 2-7 match. They would have finished 2-3 one way or the other.

Sixers would’ve finished 2nd in the East had Embiid not been out. You’re right they wouldn’t have met in the 1st round.

Embiid did have some high scoring games but he was inefficient throughout the series and looked hobbled throughout. Knicks having those guys would’ve helped but a healthy MVP is more important even if he’s a fraudulent one.

Knicks would’ve beaten the Cavs, Magic and likely the Pacers if they faced them in the first round. But when all things are equal they aren’t good enough to beat the top teams if those teams are healthy. Even the series against the Sixers could’ve gone the other way.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,343

Post#46 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 6, 2024 3:04 am

Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

Embiid is a top 10 player. The offense runs through him. There is simply no comparison between Randle and Embiid. Knicks would much rather be without those guys than face an Embiid at 100%.

Whether you like the phrase, built for playoff basketball or not, Bogs is a vet who went through several playoff runs with Utah and was an important shooter off the bench who was just finding his rhythm in NY before the playoffs started. It's a big loss. Randle like him or not is the team's #2 option scorer and would take pressure off Brunson. No one's comparing him to Embiid, but with a healthy Randle Bogs and Robinson I'd take the Knicks over Sixers even with healthy Embiid. That's opinion of course, can't be proven. But this was not healthy NYK vs injured Embiid - both teams were injury-hindered, maybe Knicks more so, Joel did have some big scoring games as it was, whereas Randle and Bogs weren't playing and Robinson missed a game.

Of course with both teams healthy they wouldn't have met first round in a 2-7 match. They would have finished 2-3 one way or the other.

Sixers would’ve finished 2nd in the East had Embiid not been out. You’re right they wouldn’t have met in the 1st round.

Embiid did have some high scoring games but he was inefficient throughout the series and looked hobbled throughout. Knicks having those guys would’ve helped but a healthy MVP is more important even if he’s a fraudulent one.

Knicks would’ve beaten the Cavs, Magic and likely the Pacers if they faced them in the first round. But when all things are equal they aren’t good enough to beat the top teams if those teams are healthy. Even the series against the Sixers could’ve gone the other way.

Mitch has given Embiid fits dating back to his rookie season... Mitch had Embiitch in JAIL so he resulted in tryna take him out of the series. Guess what Mitch missed one game and came back and put him back in jail the next two

and saying Randle and Bogs wouldn't make a difference compared to a player that actually PLAYED is ridiculous, especially Randle
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,034

Post#47 » by WaltFrazier » Mon May 6, 2024 5:10 am

Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

You can state who would have beaten who as if those are facts rather than opinions if you like, but nothing is so certain. That's why they play the games.

The Knicks went on a great run for the month of January after they got OG. The Sixers and Bucks were slipping even before Embiid and Giannis got hurt. The Knicks had just got into 2nd place when Randle and OG went out, with the Cavs surging right behind them. My opinion is the Knicks could have remained 2nd if no one got hurt. But we'll never know.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 42,003

Post#48 » by NinjaBro » Mon May 6, 2024 5:40 am

causal_fan wrote:I'm enjoying all the teams that didn't want to give up assets for OG and/or Pascal watching from the sidelines while these two have really helped their teams advance.
Especially the warriors. Feels good man.

We need to trade Siakam for AJ Griffen before it's too late! - PhilBlackson
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,958

Post#49 » by Los_29 » Mon May 6, 2024 7:18 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

You can state who would have beaten who as if those are facts rather than opinions if you like, but nothing is so certain. That's why they play the games.

The Knicks went on a great run for the month of January after they got OG. The Sixers and Bucks were slipping even before Embiid and Giannis got hurt. The Knicks had just got into 2nd place when Randle and OG went out, with the Cavs surging right behind them. My opinion is the Knicks could have remained 2nd if no one got hurt. But we'll never know.

Walt, this is just wrong. The Sixers were 31-8 with Embiid this year. Bucks had their ups and downs but at the end of the day, Giannis and Dame is a formidable duo and Giannis has won a championship. Dame and Giannis being surrounded by guys like Portis, Brook and Middleton is a good team. A team that would be favoured against the Knicks.

Knicks wouldn't have been in 2nd had Embiid stayed healthy. They also wouldn't have had home-court.
TheAlchemist23
Rookie
And1: 1,568

Post#50 » by TheAlchemist23 » Mon May 6, 2024 8:44 am

RoyceDa59 wrote:Anyone else excited to tune into Siakam vs OG in the 2nd round?

Both these trades had significant impact on the Eastern conference playoffs, now we get to witness these two buddies face each other in a 7 game series.

Knicks in 6.

Rooting for maximum chaos when it doesn't involve my team. In this case = Pacers stomping the Knicks
rapluva
Analyst
And1: 941

Post#51 » by rapluva » Mon May 6, 2024 10:49 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
LOL what kind of homer take is this. Masai was looking to trade Siakam when he actually was a buyer who traded a lightly protected 1st rounder for an average starting Center on an expiring contract?

Did Masai also struggle to get anything for Lowry/Fred/Bruce Brown too? Maybe it's time to start looking at Masai whose value doesn't align with what the market is dictating.
Only a delusional homer would not see that Siakam is the sole person to blame for the whole fiasco. Masai was doing what every GM is expected to do and that is to try and get the most value for his players. You are the one who believes the player is never to be blamed for anything. The stuff I read on this forum is unbelievable smh.

We need to trade Siakam for AJ Griffen before it's too late! - PhilBlackson

Jesus, I need to start using some of your quotes as my signature it seems lol.

And if it's Masai's job to get the most for his players then he's done a TERRIBLE job over the past several years. Maybe it's why we're currently in our position where we might not even get to keep our pick after the joke of a season we went through. I think our thoughts might be far too apart to come to any resolution lol.

My 2 cents is that both Masai and Bobby make it a point to trade the respected Raptors ro a team that fits for them..I'm sure Raps could get more if Pascal was traded to let's say Atlanta..or wherever else he was rumored to go. I think these guys look at the interest of their player before the team... so I'm not sure if that is a correct approach..but it is what they do..
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,907

Post#52 » by Kingsway_fan » Mon May 6, 2024 11:17 am

Sad to see two favorite players on other teams.m esp when one was traded for a bag of chips because team didn't want to pay him... wil be interesting going forward what Masai does with that "saving"....
nestea
Veteran
And1: 1,786

Post#53 » by nestea » Mon May 6, 2024 12:15 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:I wish nothing but a freakin sweep on the Pacers for giving us trash for Siakam.

That trash could turn into gold
Im an Optomist, not an optometrist!
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,034

Post#54 » by WaltFrazier » Mon May 6, 2024 12:51 pm

Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

Walt, this is just wrong. The Sixers were 31-8 with Embiid this year. Bucks had their ups and downs but at the end of the day, Giannis and Dame is a formidable duo and Giannis has won a championship. Dame and Giannis being surrounded by guys like Portis, Brook and Middleton is a good team. A team that would be favoured against the Knicks.

Knicks wouldn't have been in 2nd had Embiid stayed healthy. They also wouldn't have had home-court.

Knicks were 14-2 in January since OG arrived until Randle and he went out. Wins over Minnesota, Sixers with Embiid, and Denver. Smallish sample sure, but they were not the same team as before the trade.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,317

Post#55 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 1:33 pm

Scase wrote:I fully expect it to be a crap series and the knicks demolish them personally. The pacers shouldnt even be in the second round, so I'm not expecting much. Siakam was outright bad the last 4 games of his series and the bucks didnt even have anyone to play good defence against him, so if its OG covering him, hes getting clamped.

“Outright bad” :lol:

This guy has no ability to subjective regarding Siakam. Dude he didn’t score 30+ but his team out up 120 in 3 of those games and Siakam played an efficient 2nd/3rd banana role and scored efficiently and gave em 17 assists to 2 turnovers and solid D.

Nice to see you’re at least consistent in your hate
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
plainballing
Head Coach
And1: 1,592

Post#56 » by plainballing » Mon May 6, 2024 1:59 pm

This.

Without OG and Siakam, both teams won't be playing each other in 2nd round (not with Randle down).

This will be the "Canadian" series.
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/lillehammer/Turbo_Zone_Little_Ozzy_Davis.jpg
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,271

Post#57 » by MiamiSPX » Mon May 6, 2024 7:53 pm

With everyone in the East healthy, the Pacers are definitely not here, and it's arguable if the Knicks are (i am quite aware Randle is missing, he has been comically bad the last 2 playoffs).

Having said that, I feel bad for what OG is about to do to Siakam. It won't be pretty. I think the Knicks have a shot at a sweep, 5 at the most.
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,258

Post#58 » by pingpongrac » Mon May 6, 2024 8:18 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:

This guy has no ability to subjective regarding Siakam. Dude he didn’t score 30+ but his team out up 120 in 3 of those games and Siakam played an efficient 2nd/3rd banana role and scored efficiently and gave em 17 assists to 2 turnovers and solid D.

I got a chuckle out of that too. Siakam wrecked the Bucks the first two games then he took a backseat while Milwaukee started to double him much more often which allowed guys like Turner and Nembhard to have some extra space and they stepped up. Indiana didn't need Siakam to take ~25 shots like he did in the first two games when he carried their offence for the most part.

On the series as a whole, Siakam put up 22/9/4 per game on 57 TS% with just 3 turnovers in ~230 total minutes. He was great overall and he'll probably put up similar numbers against the Knicks. His efficiency will likely take a bit of a hit because NYK is a much better defensive team, but Indiana will need to lean on him and Haliburton to continue to drive their high-powered offence.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,502

Post#59 » by Scase » Mon May 6, 2024 8:31 pm

pingpongrac wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

I got a chuckle out of that too. Siakam wrecked the Bucks the first two games then he took a backseat while Milwaukee started to double him much more often which allowed guys like Turner and Nembhard to have some extra space and they stepped up. Indiana didn't need Siakam to take ~25 shots like he did in the first two games when he carried their offence for the most part.

On the series as a whole, Siakam put up 22/9/4 per game on 57 TS% with just 3 turnovers in ~230 total minutes. He was great overall and he'll probably put up similar numbers against the Knicks. His efficiency will likely take a bit of a hit because NYK is a much better defensive team, but Indiana will need to lean on him and Haliburton to continue to drive their high-powered offence.

Yeah it's almost like 2 outlier games will throw off a small sample size or something. 57% TS% for a PF is bad, and if his efficiency takes a hit due to the knicks being much better then, yeah, he's not gonna have a good time.

Siakam averaged 15.3/7.3/4.3 on 46/14/38 48% TS% splits, in 37+ MPG. But yeah I'm the one being unrealistic lol. He had 2 hyper efficient and great games, followed by 3 terrible ones, and a solid one to wrap it up. If he was "taking a step back" to allow other players to have extra space, why did his rebounding and efficiency fall off a cliff?

He got doubled and his stats cratered, against a bucks team that was missing Dame and Giannis, but I'm the one who is unable to be subjective.
Props TZ!
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,317

Post#60 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 8:42 pm

Scase wrote:Yeah it's almost like 2 outlier games will throw off a small sample size or something.

Proceeds to use a 4-game sample size later in his post.

57% TS% for a PF is bad
Nope.

and if his efficiency takes a hit due to the knicks being much better then, yeah, he's not gonna have a good time.
ok?

Siakam averaged 15.3/7.3/4.3 on 46/14/38 48% TS% splits, in 37+ MPG. But yeah I'm the one being unrealistic lol. He had 2 hyper efficient and great games, followed by 3 terrible ones, and a solid one to wrap it up. If he was "taking a step back" to allow other players to have extra space, why did his rebounding and efficiency fall off a cliff?

Ummm so game 1 on 61TS% was "Hyper efficient" but game 6 63TS% was "solid".

He got doubled and his stats cratered, against a bucks team that was missing Dame and Giannis, but I'm the one who is unable to be subjective.

And the team continued to score 120+ points a game outside a bad game 5. The fact you cant comprehend that Siakam's stats went down as the attention shifted heavily towards him (leading to his teammates balling out) is just hate.

He went from shooting 4/8 from 3 in game 1 and 2, to 2/16 in game 3 thru 6. Overall only 25% but again, SMALL SAMPLE SIZE and no **** your efficiency goes down in games you dont hit 3's :lol:
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023

Return to Toronto Raptors