ImageImageImageImageImage

Siakam vs OG east conference semi finals

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

ciueli
Analyst
And1: 2,308

Re: Siakam vs OG east conference semi finals 

Post#81 » by ciueli » Tue May 7, 2024 5:03 pm

Indeed wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
Chandan wrote:
Makes you wonder how the Raptors who had both guys in addition to the fabled "championship calibre" Poeltl became such a disaster before the trades.

Let's be honest, they both probably wanted out to get better contracts/better contending situations.

Let's be honest with the same theory with Powell when he ended up with the same amount (with an extra year) as compare to Trent, who we meant to trade him because he is about to get paid.

It was two extra years, Powell still has two more seasons on the contract he signed the same offseason we signed Trent to his 3 year deal. It's obvious at this point the Powell for Trent trade was done primarily to avoid giving Powell the 5 year contract he wanted, Masai is very conservative with contract extension lengths. I think it was the DeMarre Carroll contract that sent him down this path given he had to use a future first to dump the last two years of the 4 year deal he gave him on Brooklyn, I don't think he's ever forgotten what a blunder of a free agency signing that turned out to be.
InfraRedshaw
Pro Prospect
And1: 761

Post#82 » by InfraRedshaw » Tue May 7, 2024 5:03 pm

am I crazy, but from watching last nights game, I think Hart is actually more impactful than OG on this Knicks team?

I know OG the better player, but how can you watch Hart play 48 mins balls to the wall and not see that?
Just 8* years ago Andrea Bargnani was my franchise player, you MF'ers can't rain on my parade
TorontoBarneys
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,268

Post#83 » by TorontoBarneys » Tue May 7, 2024 5:07 pm

InfraRedshaw wrote:am I crazy, but from watching last nights game, I think Hart is actually more impactful than OG on this Knicks team?

I know OG the better player, but how can you watch Hart play 48 mins balls to the wall and not see that?

Hart has been crazy good. I don't know where this is all coming from in regards to him. But he's been incredible.
InfraRedshaw
Pro Prospect
And1: 761

Post#84 » by InfraRedshaw » Tue May 7, 2024 5:23 pm

TorontoBarneys wrote:
InfraRedshaw wrote:am I crazy, but from watching last nights game, I think Hart is actually more impactful than OG on this Knicks team?

Hart has been crazy good. I don't know where this is all coming from in regards to him. But he's been incredible.

I've always liked him, especially for fantasy because hes a great rebounder as a guard/wing but bro just went super saiyan last night, 48 minutes and high energy 48 mins at that
Just 8* years ago Andrea Bargnani was my franchise player, you MF'ers can't rain on my parade
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,537

Post#85 » by bballsparkin » Tue May 7, 2024 5:32 pm

I thought Siakam played pretty well last game from what I saw. We know his limitations so no need to judge him too harshly. Looks to be a fun series.
binjumper
Veteran
And1: 3,719

Post#86 » by binjumper » Tue May 7, 2024 7:17 pm

Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:OG with two crucial steals, a dunk and a three in the fourth. One rebound short of a double double

Made some huge plays in crunch time. Played a big part down the stretch.

YogurtProducer wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:
What is a bad game to you? It seems like you are strictly basing Siakam's play on his scoring/efficiency and nothing else which is ridiculous considering he has never been one of the top 10 (or even 20) scorers in the league but has always been a guy that contributes in other ways. He's still getting on the glass and creating opportunities for his teammates either directly from passes or from the attention he is garnering while his defence has been good too. You are so hung up on his scoring and efficiency the last 5 games in particular, but you're failing to acknowledge that everything else is in line with his averages (which is actually pretty good for most others) while not turning the ball over at all. Ball control in the playoff is nearly just as important as efficiency and Siakam's 2.5 TOV% and 7.5 AST/TO ratio through 7 games is absolutely absurd for someone that is averaging 22 PPG with a 23 USG% in 38 MPG. That absolutely counts for something.

It really seems like you haven't been watching these games when you make comments like he was "basically matched performance-wise by TJ McConnell" on a night where McConnell was actually brilliant and singlehandedly picking apart New York's defence whenever he was on the floor while also pointing to New York's 3FG% as the real reason the Pacers lost and ignoring the late-game ref shenanigans that several other neutral parties have also been talking about. Indiana would have had an opportunity for a 3-on-1 in a tie game with less than 1 minute left when Nesmith deflected a pass with his hand, but it was whistled dead due to a kicked ball violation and New York retained possession then hit a three. And less than 40 seconds after that 5-point swing, Turner was called for an offensive foul where DiVincenzo embellished the contact on a screen that gets called maybe 10% of the time in the playoffs let alone on what would have been the final possession.

We both know what you are doing here is a waste of time.

Casuals like Scase would rather see 25ppg (and 6 turnovers) than 19ppg and 1 turnover.

I actually feel a bit bad. Guy has bashed Pascal all year only to see him advance to the 2nd round. The guy is playing with a bunch of inexperienced 22 year olds and they just played the Knicks super tough (arguably should’ve won) at MSG. This must be absolute torture. Pacers being eliminated can’t come soon enough for Scase.

Nice to see former Raptors thriving.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,072

Post#87 » by Indeed » Tue May 7, 2024 10:57 pm

ciueli wrote:
Indeed wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Let's be honest, they both probably wanted out to get better contracts/better contending situations.

Let's be honest with the same theory with Powell when he ended up with the same amount (with an extra year) as compare to Trent, who we meant to trade him because he is about to get paid.

It was two extra years, Powell still has two more seasons on the contract he signed the same offseason we signed Trent to his 3 year deal. It's obvious at this point the Powell for Trent trade was done primarily to avoid giving Powell the 5 year contract he wanted, Masai is very conservative with contract extension lengths. I think it was the DeMarre Carroll contract that sent him down this path given he had to use a future first to dump the last two years of the 4 year deal he gave him on Brooklyn, I don't think he's ever forgotten what a blunder of a free agency signing that turned out to be.

I disagree that the reason is against the 5 year contract, and so far he is out performing Trent for his 3 years contract, imo.
One reason we traded for Trent is for financial flexibility to re-sign Lowry, since Trent has a very low cap hold due to being a restricted free agent with a low salary. However, we never make use of that financial flexibility, and neither we re-signed Lowry. The sign and trade for Lowry didn't do good for us neither.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,044

Post#88 » by WaltFrazier » Wed May 8, 2024 1:14 am

Indeed wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
Chandan wrote:
Makes you wonder how the Raptors who had both guys in addition to the fabled "championship calibre" Poeltl became such a disaster before the trades.

Let's be honest, they both probably wanted out to get better contracts/better contending situations.

In hindsight Raps should have just kept Norm.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,964

Post#89 » by Los_29 » Wed May 8, 2024 4:46 am

binjumper wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:OG with two crucial steals, a dunk and a three in the fourth. One rebound short of a double double

Made some huge plays in crunch time. Played a big part down the stretch.

YogurtProducer wrote:We both know what you are doing here is a waste of time.

Casuals like Scase would rather see 25ppg (and 6 turnovers) than 19ppg and 1 turnover.

I actually feel a bit bad. Guy has bashed Pascal all year only to see him advance to the 2nd round. The guy is playing with a bunch of inexperienced 22 year olds and they just played the Knicks super tough (arguably should’ve won) at MSG. This must be absolute torture. Pacers being eliminated can’t come soon enough for Scase.

Nice to see former Raptors thriving.

Just shows that the pieces didn’t fit here. We had good players.

OG has been an important piece for NYK. Pascal has been Indy’s best player in the playoffs. Haliburton has been awful. Fred played a huge role in turning that Houston team around.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,456

Post#90 » by KL78192020 » Thu May 9, 2024 1:44 am

OG winning the game for the knicks. Pacers gotta max out Siakam though lol.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,552

Post#91 » by mtcan » Thu May 9, 2024 1:46 am

OG injured!!!!!
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#92 » by Mak » Thu May 9, 2024 1:56 am

Siakam needs to go to the Sixers. Way better chance to win and help us with the pick.
Appostis
Veteran
And1: 2,252

Post#93 » by Appostis » Thu May 9, 2024 2:08 am

OG...if only you could stay healthy..
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,847

Post#94 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu May 9, 2024 2:10 am

I see Thibs ran Ogugua into the ground
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,840

Post#95 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu May 9, 2024 2:28 am

OG out at least a game for sure he is Mr Glass. Hamstring is tuff too.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,907

Post#96 » by agkagk » Thu May 9, 2024 2:35 am

TorontoBarneys wrote:

Vague memories of him doing something similar 2 or 3 years ago….
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,907

Post#97 » by agkagk » Thu May 9, 2024 2:36 am

Mak wrote:Siakam needs to go to the Sixers. Way better chance to win and help us with the pick.

Hes the perfect 3rd banana if hes willing to take a step back on o and put more energy into the defensive side.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,621

Post#98 » by mdenny » Thu May 9, 2024 2:46 am

The OG not returning from injury fast thing might not apply during the playoffs.
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,375

Post#99 » by canada_dry » Thu May 9, 2024 2:54 am

Round 1 went to siakam

Round 2 went to OG even though he missed half the game lol. Thats how bad siakam was tonight.

I don't think they matchup again this series unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,603

Post#100 » by HangTime » Thu May 9, 2024 3:14 am

InfraRedshaw wrote:
TorontoBarneys wrote:

I've always liked him, especially for fantasy because hes a great rebounder as a guard/wing but bro just went super saiyan last night, 48 minutes and high energy 48 mins at that

That candy he eats before games has To be tested right?

Return to Toronto Raptors