ImageImageImageImageImage

OK, so now...Calderon or Ford

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

bling_singh
General Manager
And1: 13

Post#21 » by bling_singh » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:32 am

Taiyab_K wrote:Well, we spent all of December observing how Calderon would run this team. How do you think he compares to TJ running the team.

I personally like how Calderon runs the team, that's all.

You guys do KNOW, that Calderon and Ford will most likely not stay forever. Calderon really doesn't have much incentive to stay in TO after the bad blood between Colangelo and Garbajosa. Sure, lots of people have said I want to be a <insert team> for life...but we knew what happened with Morris last year.

Stop ignoring the issue.

If Garbo and Calderon are friends, Garbo will tell Jose to do what's right for Jose. not what's right for Garbo...and Jose says Toronto is right for him.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Jose and TJ can't coexist. In light of TJ's recent injury I guarantee you that everyone sees it in the Raptors best interests to keep them both. TJ is still top flight talent and Jose is brilliant as a backup who can start when needed....or vice versa.

If we come out of this committing as much to these two (more likely less) as Phoenix (middle size market) has to Nash and Barbosa (Marion and Amare aside) then we're set at that position.

edit - Bosh didn't demand a trade when we didn't go after Aldridge or Jarret Jack and last season showed the scary potential of our big two....Bargs is in his sophomore slump currently......they wouldn't have a nickname for it if this was a one off unique happening.

In the end players do what's right for them and their families. I'd listen to my wife about what's right for my family than listen to my best friend about how he feels wronged.
b0na f1de
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#22 » by b0na f1de » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:35 am

Taiyab_K wrote:Well, we spent all of December observing how Calderon would run this team. How do you think he compares to TJ running the team.

I personally like how Calderon runs the team, that's all.

You guys do KNOW, that Calderon and Ford will most likely not stay forever. Calderon really doesn't have much incentive to stay in TO after the bad blood between Colangelo and Garbajosa. Sure, lots of people have said I want to be a <insert team> for life...but we knew what happened with Morris last year.

Stop ignoring the issue.

lol stop ignoring the issue?

The issue has been dealt with here for the past **** year and a half.. We don't want to talk about it anymore.
Egg Nog
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,373

Post#23 » by Egg Nog » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:40 am

:banghead:
Kohanz
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 992

Post#24 » by Kohanz » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:44 am

A "This is my opinion on the Caldy/Ford situation" thread is not new thread material. It's completely played out and I'm getting sick and tired of seeing the same thing over and over again.

Return to Toronto Raptors