ImageImageImageImageImage

Will the ACC boo Al Horford?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,278

Post#41 » by Yuri Vaultin » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:07 pm

Shaazzam wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's cool and I totally respect that.

I on the other hand, as a fan, boo the other team simply because they are the other team. Except for the dudes that scare me, like Dirk. I tip toe quietly around him.

After the last time we faced the Cavs I won't even look at LeBron.
Consequence
Lead Assistant
And1: 254

Post#42 » by Consequence » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:10 pm

[quote="Shaazzam"][/quote]

Haha Dirk? Really?
atlsun
Senior
And1: 0

Post#43 » by atlsun » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:13 pm

jeffya2 wrote:I would love to see TJ show some leadership & go over & shake Horford's hand before the game. This would do wonders for our team, & show the rest of the NBA some class. If this happens there will be no boo's & we will be motivated for the win :clap:

that really would be playing with the sprit of the game. If Tj did that he would have my respect as a person not a basketball player. I see that some raptors have a difficulty finding the difference between the two.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,283

Post#44 » by Shaazzam » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:15 pm

atlsun
You are treading on thin ice. Play nice. -Shaazzam
Reignman
Banned User
And1: 391

Post#45 » by Reignman » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:15 pm

atlsun wrote:Raptor fans that want to boo Horford need to get a grip on life, or better yet get a life.

Yeah OK buddy. This is sports, not the ballet. His foul caused our starting pg to miss several weeks to date. We all know it wasn't intentional, but he should definately get booed. What do you think is going to happen? He's not going to go run and hide, if anything, I hope it throws his game off, cuz the guy is a baller.

Man, like Smiley says, some of you guys are real pansies.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by Shaazzam » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:17 pm

Consequence wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Haha Dirk? Really?

Yeah, I saw Dallas for the first time this year. And I was the loudest guy in my section in the first half, but in the second when got up by 20, I was terrified. I just kept seeing in my minds eye dagger 3 pointers right into my heart.
atlsun
Senior

Post#47 » by atlsun » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 pm

JN wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

People that can't separate life from professional sports, need to get a real grip on reality. And I'm referring to people like you.

I feel embarrassed and sorry for you.
:oops:
Consequence
Lead Assistant
And1: 254

Post#48 » by Consequence » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:22 pm

Shaazzam wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah, I saw Dallas for the first time this year. And I was the loudest guy in my section in the first half, but in the second when got up by 20, I was terrified. I just kept seeing in my minds eye dagger 3 pointers right into my heart.

Ah and then he proceeded to hit a whole bunch in Andrea's face. I see your point.
atlsun
Senior

Post#49 » by atlsun » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:22 pm

Shaazzam wrote:atlsun
You are treading on thin ice. Play nice. -Shaazzam

Some Raptor fans have come to our board and have said much worse things, anyway I'm done wasting my time.

see ya.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by Shaazzam » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:23 pm

No more personal attacks. From anyone. Understood people?
Indiana Jones
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,548
Location: Assistant Dean of Students, Marshall College, Bedford, Connecticut

Post#51 » by Indiana Jones » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:25 pm

i boo every opposing player, unless it's MJ...
disc0
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#52 » by disc0 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:28 pm

Booing at the game is a part of sporting life. It happens all the time, not just basketball, so don't make it seem like it's so out of line. This being a regular season game, the intensity would not be cranked up but he deserves a little reminder to play with his head.

It would be classes to have one of our bigger players, (humphries, joey) return the favour with a flagrant 2, then we'd just be playing enforcer hockey. Let the fans have their fun as long as it's not personal or physical attacks to the kid.
Raptors Dine Is Tea!
Sun Tzu
Sixth Man

Post#53 » by Sun Tzu » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:28 pm

Indiana Jones wrote:i boo every opposing player, unless it's MJ...

I too will always remember Mike James fondly.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by Shaazzam » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:29 pm

Sun Tzu wrote:
I too will always remember Mike James fondly.

Who?
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 1,987

Post#55 » by Blazing_royale » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:29 pm

wats wrong with Booing Al Horford or anyother opposing player? Looks like the league has gotten so soft that boo an opposing player thats playing on ur homecourt is a sin.
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
booyah_child
Sixth Man
And1: 818

Post#56 » by booyah_child » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:36 pm

jeffya2 wrote:I would love to see TJ show some leadership & go over & shake Horford's hand before the game. This would do wonders for our team, & show the rest of the NBA some class. If this happens there will be no boo's & we will be motivated for the win :clap:

Or it may backfire and more people will call this team "soft" :lol:
joeyt618
Rookie
And1: 569

Post#57 » by joeyt618 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:46 pm

Our own fans are starting to boo Bargnani for goodness sake, so I have no problem with our fans booing Horford. Is it a nice thing to do to a young rookie who made a reckless mistake? Not really... but that's the advantage of having our team play at home. The point is to create the most hostile environment as possible for the visiting team.

We're always criticizing our players for not being tough and standing up for their teammates, and yet, we want our fans to be nice and polite to the oppsoing team? Although this kind of behaviour from fans can be somewhat considered as abhorrent, this is why it's so intimidating for opposing teams to step into stadiums like Fenway or MSG - in the past anyway. Their fans are relentless.
jeffya2
Veteran
And1: 2,982

Post#58 » by jeffya2 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:47 pm

atlsun wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

that really would be playing with the sprit of the game. If Tj did that he would have my respect as a person not a basketball player. I see that some raptors have a difficulty finding the difference between the two.

TJ's already said that he knows it was accidental as he made a last second move away with the ball & has forgiven him

Sorry I just don't get it TJ is big enough to forgive but we fan's aren't

Respect of the player & respect of the game s/b the same
KRANG
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,319

Post#59 » by KRANG » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:48 pm

KRANG IS OUTRAGED !!!!!!

YOU PU**IES BETTER BOO THAT HORFORD FOOL !!!!!!

But seriously I can't believe what I'm reading right now. Anyone going to that game better boo the sh*t out of that guy. He hit TJ right in the head. Nowhere near the ball. Yes everyone is saying all that BS for the cameras how they didn't think it was intentional and how he's so sorry, but come on people. Wake Up. I hope Rasho lays this guy OUT !!!!

PS: You better BOO

PPS: Horford = BOOOOOOO
Courtesy of Turbo_Zone
bakafool
RealGM
And1: 4,651

Post#60 » by bakafool » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:53 pm

If I was there, I'd boo. Attempted manslaughter deserves at least some harmless booing.

It's funny that some posters complain that the Raps aren't macho enough to get in Horford's face. And now that the fans wanna do something like that they complain about it.
Noooo!!! Not Possible! Not Possible! - Comcast commentator after the shot by Mo Peterson.

Return to Toronto Raptors