ImageImageImageImageImage

RASHOOOOO LIBRE!!! - The Nesterovic Appreciation Movement

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#21 » by dacrusha » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:30 pm

mangos wrote:it just shows how pathetic we are inside that rasho gets all this praise after a few good games...best fix this for next year bryan!

Defensively, he's been horrible lately... West tore him up in the first qurter yesterday and we could never recover.
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
burn1down
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#22 » by burn1down » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Love comments like "Our teams struggles this year". So quickly we forget.

Having said that, last year there was a debate of who our glue guy was, AP or Garbs. I think AP is still right up there, but Rasho has really come up as a great model of consistency, a strong team defender, and great contributor when given the chance.
At this stage of his young career, i am very glad Bargs is learning from someone like Rasho as opposed to some super skilled player who can mail it in and still put up numbers
gei
Sixth Man
And1: 394

Post#23 » by gei » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:26 pm

This is just another example of our lowered expectations. Sure rasho is the best center we've had in a while, but that's because we're comparing him to guys like bargs and araujo who were pretty terrible.

Rasho has got to be one of the most frustrating, unathletic centers I have EVER seen. So many times TJ ford or someone will throw him a picture perfect pass right under the net and instead of going up strong and dunking it he'll go up soft for a layup and miss or get easily blocked.

He is the recipient of way too many easy passes that he misses. I don't know if he is lazy or he just really can't jump.

Anyway all his play of late shows me is that with a REAL center, we would be a much better team.
jordanstill#1
Junior
And1: 0

Post#24 » by jordanstill#1 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:15 pm

Rasho scores more shots, than he scores women, and hes a slav.
"Im like Pythagoreans Theorem, no one has an answer for my game."-Shaq
HighOctane
Lead Assistant
And1: 363

Post#25 » by HighOctane » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:17 pm

Can someone post a vid of that one handed slam Rasho was going to attempt from the free throw line?
PopAGat
Starter
And1: 472

Post#26 » by PopAGat » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:59 pm

Rashos finally being used. And hes showing he can contribute and be apart of out success.
Credits to TurboZone
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#27 » by Rasho Brezec » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:15 pm

HighOctane wrote:Can someone post a vid of that one handed slam Rasho was going to attempt from the free throw line?
This one?
A_wildstabatanything
Lead Assistant
And1: 52

Post#28 » by A_wildstabatanything » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:22 pm

He's scoring right now because other teams are leaving him open to help on Bosh or Ford. As long as teams continue to do this he's a solid option to have on the court, but let's not get carried away here. When he's actually defended he misses a lot of easy shots.

I've been watching him closely for the last few games and I was shocked to see how many offensive rebounds he gives up. He's actually way worse than Bargnani or at least he has been recently.
HighOctane
Lead Assistant
And1: 363

Post#29 » by HighOctane » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:27 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This one?

Thank you. The man is a demon.
Ian4
Starter
And1: 381

Post#30 » by Ian4 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:06 pm

I gotta admit im loving rasho and was screaming rasho for mvp at the game against ny at the acc the other day. "nestea" for the win.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,467

Post#31 » by Blame Rasho » Tue Apr 1, 2008 12:17 am

Rasho is awesome... even my sig is broken due to the awesomeness of him.
ILLuMiNAUGHTY
Lead Assistant
And1: 77

Post#32 » by ILLuMiNAUGHTY » Tue Apr 1, 2008 5:19 am

whoa... global mod name change... td is no longer the man?

A_wildstab, crusha, gei: C'mon, this is an appreciation thread.

Also note: numerous posters, Raptors staff, and players have mentioned that Rasho anchors the defense like no other player on the raps (insert "weighs down the team" joke here).

On the offensive end, I've noticed that he does a lot of the little things that Garbo did when he was on the court for us last year. Case in point: one of Bosh's dunks against the Pistons last week Wednesday was the direct result of Rasho's savvy. As Bosh went up for the slam, I thought had Rasheed was going to swat that ball back to half court as he was taking up prime real estate for a weak side help block. That was a negative captain, Rasho was there to seal him off very solidly and Bosh threw down the easy two. Sheedhead couldn't even contest it.

Take into consideration that he was a team plus minus leader last year as a majority starter, and is still on the plus side playing most of the year off the bench and as a replacement for Bosh when he was out with injury.

He has impressed me much this season and has been an undeniable positive for the team - we all should leave it at that at the very least.
Missin' you already. God speed, gentle giant.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#33 » by Nolan » Tue Apr 1, 2008 5:23 am

dacrusha wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Defensively, he's been horrible lately... West tore him up in the first qurter yesterday and we could never recover.

West was a huge mismatch for Rasho, really we don't have anyone cabable of stopping West.

Rasho's been playing great on both ends lately he's been hustling and its becoming contagious.

Keep it up Rasho.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#34 » by Nolan » Tue Apr 1, 2008 5:29 am

gei wrote:This is just another example of our lowered expectations. Sure rasho is the best center we've had in a while, but that's because we're comparing him to guys like bargs and araujo who were pretty terrible.

Rasho has got to be one of the most frustrating, unathletic centers I have EVER seen. So many times TJ ford or someone will throw him a picture perfect pass right under the net and instead of going up strong and dunking it he'll go up soft for a layup and miss or get easily blocked.

He is the recipient of way too many easy passes that he misses. I don't know if he is lazy or he just really can't jump.

Anyway all his play of late shows me is that with a REAL center, we would be a much better team.

Rasho is a REAL center. Rasho is not a athlete, he's a fundamentally sound player that gets it done.

I would really like to know what some people expect from this franchise, because this constant hate on every Raptor is really annoying.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
ILLuMiNAUGHTY
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by ILLuMiNAUGHTY » Tue Apr 1, 2008 5:33 am

Nolan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

West was a huge mismatch for Rasho, really we don't have anyone cabable of stopping West.

Rasho's been playing great on both ends lately he's been hustling and its becoming contagious.

Keep it up Rasho.

Neither do a lot of the teams in the league. West is a 20 PPG scorer on a team with Chris Paul and Peja. In 4 of his last 20 games he has scored 30+ points, 25+ in 8 games.

He also dropped 37 on 60% shooting against the best defense in the league matched up against Kevin Garnett within the past few weeks.

Games like that do happen when it comes to David West.
ILLuMiNAUGHTY
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by ILLuMiNAUGHTY » Thu Apr 3, 2008 8:30 am

Vs. Atlanta:

21 points on 9-13 shooting with 2 blocks.

Rasho brings the wicked.
The Letter V
Analyst
And1: 11

Post#37 » by The Letter V » Thu Apr 3, 2008 8:35 am

Rasho is playing unreal basketball right now. He's on a f'n tear. Emphasis on "f'n".
ILLuMiNAUGHTY
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by ILLuMiNAUGHTY » Thu Apr 3, 2008 2:04 pm

Oh yes, and a 3 pointer, too boot.

He probably does that better than Andrea, too.

(I refuse to use greeen font)
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,355

Post#39 » by djsunyc » Thu Apr 3, 2008 2:15 pm

looks like we know who the REAL gangsta pimp is on the team...
asdfgh
Lead Assistant
And1: 755

Post#40 » by asdfgh » Thu Apr 3, 2008 5:58 pm

He's my favorite player on your team by far. I wish the Knicks had him instead of Curry.

Return to Toronto Raptors