ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

jaymeister15
RealGM
And1: 1,072

Re: Is Chris Bosh a "nancy"? 

Post#21 » by jaymeister15 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 2:58 pm

Luv 4 da game wrote:
Marvin! wrote:thank god i figured out how to use the ignore list again...

There is a ignore list ? I am in dire need to know how it works, please do share.

Click on their name, and them add them as a "foe"
supersub15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#22 » by supersub15 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 3:23 pm

C. Bosh: Nancy, first class nancy. Doesn’t rebound well against big men, doesn’t finish around the rim (no jumping ability and small hands) and isn’t hitting his outside shot. I’m not sure how many times he is going to drop a perfect pass before Coach K goes with Boozer over Bosh. I hate Bosh and hate him even more because Chandler should be on the team, not him. To boot, he sucks on defense and makes terrible decisions on the pick and roll (consistently gets screened and then guards no one as his guy rolls to the basket forcing the other players to rotate, leaving someone open). The only positive thing I have to say about Bosh is that he hits his free throws, unlike the rest of the team. I’m telling you right now, if Bosh gets major minutes once the elimination games start, we will lose.

Let's see.

Doesn’t rebound well against big men.
Yes. Let's forget that he averaged 10 rpg in the NBA for 82 games and concentrate on 5 preliminary games.

Doesn’t finish around the rim (no jumping ability and small hands) and isn’t hitting his outside shot.
Bosh shot 0.800 in 5 those preliminary games. Still believe that blogger idiot?

I’m not sure how many times he is going to drop a perfect pass before Coach K goes with Boozer over Bosh.
I only watched highlights, so I can't comment on this. But given the antogonistic tone of the blog and the blatant lies, I'll classify this somewhere between "Exaggeration" and "Blatant lie".

To boot, he sucks on defense and makes terrible decisions on the pick and roll (consistently gets screened and then guards no one as his guy rolls to the basket forcing the other players to rotate, leaving someone open).
See above.

I’m telling you right now, if Bosh gets major minutes once the elimination games start, we will lose.
Bosh is a backup. Bosh averaged 13 minutes in 5 preliminary games. Not even sixth-man minutes. And a US team loss is going to be put on Bosh?

jaymeister, I know you love and adore Vince Carter. We've all moved on. I think it's time for you too. You're a good poster, but this is getting ridiculous. I can't believe that you are giving credence to an idiot Lakers blogger. Shame on you.
Guy Smiley
RealGM
And1: 491

Post#23 » by Guy Smiley » Sat Aug 9, 2008 3:27 pm

What does Vince Carter have to do with this?

Posters should address the points raised in a post rather than try and attack a poster and their perceived motives.
hoop_head
RealGM
And1: 2,235

Post#24 » by hoop_head » Sat Aug 9, 2008 3:39 pm

Here's what caught my eye:

I hate Bosh and hate him even more because Chandler should be on the team, not him.

This isn't worth out time boys, the blogger is on a witchhunt for Bosh.
supersub15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by supersub15 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 3:42 pm

Guy Smiley wrote:What does Vince Carter have to do with this?

Posters should address the points raised in a post rather than try and attack a poster and their perceived motives.

All points have been addressed.

I bring up the Vince Carter angle, because jaymeister defends Carter with all his might, whether he's right or wrong, but accepts a Lakers blogger's word without the slightest doubt.

I can guarantee you this, his answer would have been different, had the word "Bosh" been replaced with the word "Carter". And this is a 100% guarantee. You can take it to the bank.
Consequence
Lead Assistant
And1: 254

Post#26 » by Consequence » Sat Aug 9, 2008 3:48 pm

I think that Chandler should be on the team, but not at the expense of Bosh.
jaymeister15
RealGM

Post#27 » by jaymeister15 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 3:49 pm

supersub15 wrote:All points have been addressed.

I bring up the Vince Carter angle, because jaymeister defends Carter with all his might, whether he's right or wrong, but accepts a Lakers blogger's word without the slightest doubt.

I can guarantee you this, his answer would have been different, had the word "Bosh" been replaced with the word "Carter". And this is a 100% guarantee. You can take it to the bank.

And that is exactly my point.

I have a bias while watching Vince's performance, just like the majority of posters here have while watching Bosh.

Again, I didn't accept his words without the slightest doubt, I just said I would lean towards his critique rather than a lot of the Raptor fans on this board (the same ones who saw the Raptors as being on Boston's level last season, among other things).

Would you not take a Laker fans critique of Vince during a set of games over mine? Because no matter how hard I would try to be objective, the fact I have been a fan of Vince for years will mean there will be a bias in my assessment. That's what I'm saying with regards to the majority of posters here and Bosh's performance.
supersub15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by supersub15 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 3:55 pm

jaymeister15 wrote:And that is exactly my point.

I have a bias while watching Vince's performance, just like the majority of posters here have while watching Bosh.

Again, I didn't accept his words without the slightest doubt, I just said I would lean towards his critique rather than a lot of the Raptor fans on this board (the same ones who saw the Raptors as being on Boston's level last season, among other things).

Would you not take a Laker fans critique of Vince during a set of games over mine? Because no matter how hard I would try to be objective, the fact I have been a fan of Vince for years will mean there will be a bias in my assessment. That's what I'm saying with regards to the majority of posters here and Bosh's performance.

When said "critique" has the words "I hate Bosh" in it, you immediately throw it in the garbage. It's biased, wrong, and to top it all, is full of blatant lies. You decided to give it credence, because it's Bosh and not Carter.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,279

Post#29 » by Shaazzam » Sat Aug 9, 2008 3:56 pm

Bosh's hands can be suspect, but a lot of the passes that he has dropped were not of the "perfect" variety. They are low, hard and in traffic.

That being said, there have been a few that were complete flubs on his part.

His pick and roll defence has been decent, especially when it comes to showind and harrassing the guards. A few times he has been lost on his recovery, and it didn't look good, but that's going to happen when you aggressively attack the ball like he has.

He could be better at it, and he could hit the glass a little harder, but I'm not sure if anyone is tearing it up on the glass.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
jaymeister15
RealGM

Post#30 » by jaymeister15 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 4:01 pm

supersub15 wrote:
When said "critique" has the words "I hate Bosh" in it, you immediately throw it in the garbage. It's biased, wrong, and to top it all, is full of blatant lies. You decided to give it credence, because it's Bosh and not Carter.

And again, my interpretation was that he had the "I hate Bosh" comment based on watching Bosh's performance.

If he had been impressed with Bosh, then he would have wrote "I love Bosh".

(Again, just my interpretation).

And all I saw you contradict his points with were rebounding stats from last season, and observations from highlights (along with one stat that did disprove one of his comments),

In fact, just reading Shazzam's post (and it seems he has actually watched the games, not just the highlights), he appears to have a couple of the same observations, which is funny if they were all just "blatant lies"

Edit: Isn't you entirely dismissing the critique as hate-filled and full of blatant lies, when it soudns like you have just been watching highlights yourself, just as ridiculous as me claiming it is 100% fact? (Which I haven't)
ToffKobe
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#31 » by ToffKobe » Sat Aug 9, 2008 4:06 pm

This guys opinions suck. :roll:
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#32 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Aug 9, 2008 4:09 pm

What a great idea. I bet his blog received more hits today than ever.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,641

Post#33 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Aug 9, 2008 4:53 pm

jaymeister15 wrote:In fact, just reading Shazzam's post (and it seems he has actually watched the games, not just the highlights), he appears to have a couple of the same observations, which is funny if they were all just "blatant lies"

What a load of crap. Reread that random bloggers review, and then Shazzam's post. Nothing Shazzam wrote backs up what that Lakers fan said, at all. Bosh dropped a few good passes in 5 games according to Shazzam. The blogger turned that into "I’m not sure how many times he is going to drop a perfect pass before Coach K goes with Boozer over Bosh". Apparently the blogger thinks that should be a max of "a few". If that's the case there are a large number of team USA players who'd be riding the pine.

Shazzam writes: His pick and roll defence has been decent, especially when it comes to showing and harassing the guards. A few times he has been lost on his recovery, and it didn't look good, but that's going to happen when you aggressively attack the ball like he has." and you think that supports: "To boot, he sucks on defense and makes terrible decisions on the pick and roll (consistently gets screened and then guards no one as his guy rolls to the basket forcing the other players to rotate, leaving someone open)."

The blogger writes "doesn’t finish around the rim (no jumping ability and small hands) and isn’t hitting his outside shot." and SS points out he's shooting 80% from the floor. Is that the new math you kids are learning these days?

This review of Bosh's play is exactly what SS said. Fabrications and hyperbole.

Here's what he wrote: "I hate Bosh and hate him even more because Chandler should be on the team, not him." You choose to interpret that as him only hating Bosh's play on the US team. Of course you do. Because you play up the act like you're some sort of impartial and objective observer who is one of the few people on this board capable of disassociating themselves from the Raptors and providing an honest assessment. The fact is, in order to try and paint yourself with that brush, you end up bending so far in the other direction it's sad.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Hypz
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#34 » by Hypz » Sat Aug 9, 2008 4:57 pm

Wow, whoever wrote that needs to lay off the crack.
bakafool
RealGM
And1: 4,651

Post#35 » by bakafool » Sat Aug 9, 2008 4:59 pm

lol this guy is a nobody and his opinion doesn't matter.
Noooo!!! Not Possible! Not Possible! - Comcast commentator after the shot by Mo Peterson.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,429

Post#36 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:08 pm

This guy's opinions only matter if they talk positively about our players!
Kobe Bryant: “You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,641

Post#37 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:14 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:This guy's opinions only matter if they talk positively about our players!

Or, you know, he doesn't make easily refutable statement.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Silk Wilkes
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#38 » by Silk Wilkes » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:19 pm

Laker fans deserve no respect. The only reason they even like their own team is because of Kobe. If Kobe left the Lakers they'd follow him like sheep. The only reason they're hating on Chris is because they can't have him so they have to settle for an inferior Pau Gasol. If Chris was a Laker I'd bet anything that they'd be praising him even if he sucked. Take anything a person associated with the Lakers says with a s**tload of salt. Laker bloggers need to grow up.
A legendary basketball figure like Coach K was praising Chris for what he brings to the team. These Laker bloggers have absolutely no basketball knowledge and even less credibility.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#39 » by sh00n » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:20 pm

Oh, Lakers fans. . .
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
jaymeister15
RealGM

Post#40 » by jaymeister15 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 5:26 pm

Youngblood wrote:Laker fans deserve no respect. The only reason they even like their own team is because of Kobe. If Kobe left the Lakers they'd follow him like sheep. The only reason they're hating on Chris is because they can't have him so they have to settle for an inferior Pau Gasol. If Chris was a Laker I'd bet anything that they'd be praising him even if he sucked. Take anything a person associated with the Lakers says with a s**tload of salt. Laker bloggers need to grow up.
A legendary basketball figure like Coach K was praising Chris for what he brings to the team. These Laker bloggers have absolutely no basketball knowledge and even less credibility.

uhh Kobe is a Laker, and the author has several criticisms of his play in the article.

And it is a bit of a stretch to declare a whole fanbase has absolutely no knowledge of basketball based on one bloggers paragraph about Bosh's play in Olympic exhibition.

Return to Toronto Raptors