ImageImageImageImageImage

Black Jerseys revealed

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

DarthRaptor
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Black Jerseys revealed 

Post#81 » by DarthRaptor » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:56 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:
DarthRaptor wrote:Almost every person around the world dislikes China, but we at least have the decency and respect to not let you or any other Chinese people know.

Listen, what country do you pay your taxes too? Which country keeps a roof over your head and protects you when you sleep at night? Canada, so don't complain, you have it 100x better here than almost every other country of the planet.

Everyone around the world can hate China, but I personally feel they are superior to everyone else
. I'll have the decency and respect to not let everyone else know.

If you have the money, location is not a problem. Canada only keeps a roof over my head cause I paid for it.

Your right, lets murder all the defenseless Tibetians, not give a **** about 80% of the population, unless they work in the business district of Shanghai or Beijing, lets destroy the earth with massive amounts of pollution, lets force women to have an abortion if they have more than one child, lets promote slavery with child workers and men who make less than a dollar a day cleaning and making ammunition for the army, etc, etc.

"Superior", Superior at being douche bags maybe. If you don't like this country go, we don't want you here anyways.

EDIT: And for the record, unless your a lunatic, your not going to say no to the Toronto Raptors because 8 times a year you wear a maple leaf on the back of your sweater. You really take the cake for idiot of the month as far as I'm concerned.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,198

Post#82 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:56 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:
No, but the poster i quoted did. I never said i was superior, i said the nation of China is.

But wouldn't the people from a superior country also themselves have to be superior simply because they were lucky enough to be born there?
Spalding
Junior

Post#83 » by Spalding » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:57 pm

I'm liking the jerseys, they're refreshing, about time we had another alternate..
plus, i'm sure the red will be a much more darker shade on the player authentics..
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,559

Post#84 » by TheRaptor! » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:58 pm

DarthRaptor wrote:
TheRaptor! wrote:
DarthRaptor wrote:Almost every person around the world dislikes China, but we at least have the decency and respect to not let you or any other Chinese people know.

Listen, what country do you pay your taxes too? Which country keeps a roof over your head and protects you when you sleep at night? Canada, so don't complain, you have it 100x better here than almost every other country of the planet.

Everyone around the world can hate China, but I personally feel they are superior to everyone else
. I'll have the decency and respect to not let everyone else know.

If you have the money, location is not a problem. Canada only keeps a roof over my head cause I paid for it.

Your right, lets murder all the defenseless Tibetians, not give a **** about 80% of the population, unless they work in the business district of Shanghai or Beijing, lets destroy the earth with massive amounts of pollution, lets force women to have an abortion if they have more than one child, lets promote slavery with child workers and men who make less than a dollar a day cleaning and making ammunition for the army, etc, etc.

"Superior", Superior at being douche bags maybe. If you don't like this country go, we don't want you here anyways.

This post is more immature then anything I have ever said in my life. I don't even know where to start. You might not want me here, but I want the money here.

But wouldn't the people from a superior country also themselves have to be superior simply because they were lucky enough to be born there?

I was not born in China.
DarthRaptor
Banned User

Post#85 » by DarthRaptor » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:58 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:
This post is more immature then anything I have ever said in my life. I don't even know where to start. You might not want me here, but I want the money here.

The truth hurts, you know it, I know and every citizen on the planet knows it.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,716

Post#86 » by C_Money » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:59 pm

I'm not liking that maple leaf either. They should take it off.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#87 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:00 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:
You're lucky this forum is full of Canadians, what you just t yped is no different from what I originally typed. You just switched China with Canada.

Now you are threatening people for having the same stance you did but only for the country you are from? That sounds pretty hypocritical to me.

If anything you're lucky Canada as a country has provided you a place to work and live even though you have to be surrounded by people that are not as superior as you.
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#88 » by Lord Eder » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:01 pm

YogiStewart wrote:
stro wrote:I LOVE it. I'll admit I was a little worried about the whole "TOR" Idea, and I really really disliked that TOR photoshop one. But this is perfect. Exactly what I figured they would do with a black jersey.

Can't wait to pick one of these up

p.s. lmao @ "red and black don't go together"

first, those black Bulls jerseys looked silly. never liked them.
second, the shade of red the Raps use (i.e. maple leaf red) looks stupid with the black. the players might as well wear a red lipstick while they wear those jerseys. it would finish the look quite well. too bad Delfino's no longer here.

and you say "exactly what I figured they would do with a black jersey." its black. what else can you do with black? you don't really have shades of black (that would be grey or charcoal).

personally, i'd rather see something that incorporated the gold they have in their jerseys, or to come up with a blue and white design similar to Toronto's port flag.

I'm sorry but red and black is far from stupid. They are like the easiest matching colours. I understand that you don't like red with black, that's fine, but honestly, to say that red doesn't go with black and that red with black is stupid, is just head scratching.

Well, there were serveral photoshops out there, different designs, no red on the sides for example. So when I say this is what I expected I mean, same jersey design as the primary jersey with red on the sides and silver chevrons. I'm sure lots of people expected it to be like this too.

What gold?

Blue and white would be interesting, but the team colours are red, black, white and silver so I don't see why they'd do that.

Can anyone tell if it's silver or white text? I really hope it's white. Don't like the idea of silver text.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#89 » by sh00n » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:08 pm

Hank_Scorpio wrote:Well that kinda sucks. I was really hoping for more of a black white and silver look.

Because every photoshop and screen we saw from Live showed us having black, white and silver. :roll:

It's the Toronto Raptors, not Spurs.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
TheRaptor!
General Manager

Post#90 » by TheRaptor! » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:10 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:
TheRaptor! wrote:
You're lucky this forum is full of Canadians, what you just t yped is no different from what I originally typed. You just switched China with Canada.

Now you are threatening people for having the same stance you did but only for the country you are from? That sounds pretty hypocritical to me.

If anything you're lucky Canada as a country has provided you a place to work and live even though you have to be surrounded by people that are not as superior as you.

I am not threatening no one, I said hes lucky this thread of full of Canadians or else he would get the same treatment as me from you Canadians, how is that a threat?

I am not "lucky" that Canada provided me ****, my education gave me my job opportunities and I pay more tax then the average Canadian. Canada is lucky for having someone like me working here and contributing to the society, unlike others who sit behind a computer screen flaming some guy for not bein proud to be Canadian.

Depending on your definition of SUPERIOR, if having money = superior then I sure as hell am more superior then you. Don't stuff words in my mouth. All i said was I AM NOT PROUD TO BE CANADIAN.
RockTHECasbah
Lead Assistant
And1: 10

Post#91 » by RockTHECasbah » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:14 pm

So you hate the metric system and the winters?
Know anyone who is disabled? has an addiction?
HandyTax - Your Canadian Disability Tax Credit Consultants
http://www.handytax.ca
Salted Meat
Starter
And1: 1,572

Post#92 » by Salted Meat » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:14 pm

Here we go, how did you even jump to the conclusion that my parents moved here? I came to Canada alone, my parents don't even speak english, I only came here because I was sent here to work from my company. There was nothing wrong with my original post, what is wrong about not feeling proud of Canada, quote me all you **** want, I don't see whats wrong with that comment. I only edited it cause its full of Canadians here and to prevent the comment of one dude out of millions from offending you.
I still don't see what you are mad about.

Me: I am not proud to be Canadian, so **** what.
Everyone else: Why you hating on my country?

One even went as far as saying everyone hated China. I never used the word hate, I said I am not **** proud to be "canadian"

I think you have to understand why people are getting upset... although you never used the word "hate" you said you had no pride in being Canadian. ...which, to an extent, is a fair comment since you are not Canadian... now, i can't speak to some of my fellow Raptors fans who aren't as eloquent or are perhaps venting their frustrations by attacking your country of origin... what can I say... some people aren't the best at presenting an argument, but here's why i'm upset...

First off, I think it's great that you love China. Petty nationalism and flag-waving aside, i think it's important to appreciate the country that bore you, and the community that raised you, and gave you opportunity.... it shows respect to your ancestors, your land, your community, and the world around you.

However...

When you purposefully deride a country in which you currently reside, a country that is currently providing you with opportunities, especially ones you wouldn't otherwise have in your home country, then it shows a lack of respect and appreciation for the community that is presenting these opportunities to you. What behooves me is that in doing so, you're actually going against many tenants of your own Chinese culture, which you seem to hold in high reverence- respect for the world around you, for those who came before you, and for the community that keeps you. Add to that the fact that Canada has done much for the Chinese people, and is currently the largest residence for Chinese people outside of China.

I apologize if some people's comments made you feel hurt, but it's hard to acquiesce the integrity of a person who comes to a country, cares nothing for it, and yet takes from it and shows no respect for it. As a person with pride for his own country, and for his own people, would that not irk you if someone were to do that in China? Would you not feel disrespected?

How could you possibly expect less from us?

*edited for clarity
Kosta
RealGM
And1: 2

Post#93 » by Kosta » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:14 pm

I don't mind the red lettering, that looks nice, but the red on the sides it overload, not liking that at all. They should have kept the sides black with the rest of the jersey, no need for that extra red. And I'm getting kind of tired with Canada red dominating the jersey theme...The Maples Leafs are as Canadian as you get and they have blue and white! I'd kill for blue and white with the Raptors...
RockTHECasbah
Lead Assistant
And1: 10

Post#94 » by RockTHECasbah » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:17 pm

And your double negative implies that you are threatening someone.
Know anyone who is disabled? has an addiction?
HandyTax - Your Canadian Disability Tax Credit Consultants
http://www.handytax.ca
JJWong17
Analyst
And1: 476

Post#95 » by JJWong17 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:21 pm

This definitely went to a weird place.
Dustin Poirier, 2021: How'd you like the clavicle?
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,716

Post#96 » by C_Money » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:22 pm

He said he's not proud of Canada probably because he's only been here for a short time. If one of you guys moved to China you wouldn't be proud to be Chinese so I think thats what he's getting at.
TheRaptor!
General Manager

Post#97 » by TheRaptor! » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:29 pm

Salted Meat wrote:
Here we go, how did you even jump to the conclusion that my parents moved here? I came to Canada alone, my parents don't even speak english, I only came here because I was sent here to work from my company. There was nothing wrong with my original post, what is wrong about not feeling proud of Canada, quote me all you **** want, I don't see whats wrong with that comment. I only edited it cause its full of Canadians here and to prevent the comment of one dude out of millions from offending you.
I still don't see what you are mad about.

Me: I am not proud to be Canadian, so **** what.
Everyone else: Why you hating on my country?

One even went as far as saying everyone hated China. I never used the word hate, I said I am not **** proud to be "canadian"

I think you have to understand why people are getting upset... although you never used the word "hate" you said you had no pride in being Canadian. ...which, to an extent, is a fair comment since you are not Canadian... now, i can't speak to some of my fellow Raptors fans who aren't as eloquent or are perhaps venting their frustrations by attacking your country of origin... what can I say... some people aren't the best at presenting an argument, but here's why i'm upset...

First off, I think it's great that you love China. Petty nationalism and flag-waving aside, i think it's important to appreciate the country that bore you, and the community that raised you, and gave you opportunity.... it shows respect to your ancestors, your land, your community, and the world around you.

However...

When you purposefully deride a country in which you currently reside, a country that is currently providing you with opportunities, especially ones you wouldn't otherwise have in your home country, then it shows a lack of respect and appreciation for the community that is presenting these opportunities to you. What behooves me is that in doing so, you're actually going against many tenants of your own Chinese culture, which you seem to hold in high reverence- respect for the world around you, for those who came before you, and for the community that keeps you. Add to that the fact that Canada has done much for the Chinese people, and is currently the largest residence for Chinese people outside of China.

I apologize if some people's comments made you feel hurt, but it's hard to acquiesce the integrity of a person who comes to a country, cares nothing for it, and yet takes from it and shows no respect for it. As a person with pride for his own country, and for his own people, would that not irk you if someone were to do that in China? Would you not feel disrespected?

How could you possibly expect less from us?

*edited for clarity

Respects for the maturity. #1 no comments made me feel hurt, its a message board, I could care less. #2 I never really said anything negative about Canada, simply I am not proud to be Canadian and my pride is being Chinese, not Canadian.

Then i got flamed for not liking Canada..I will not go back and forth anymore. I made my point, everyone else made theirs.
jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Post#98 » by jonny three time » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:31 pm

The dumbest part of it all is that "The Raptor" actually didn't think it was a big deal to say what he did. Give your head a shake man and figure it out, you go to any forum of any team from any country then proceed to say you don't like the flag and aren't proud to be a "insert country here" and see what their reactions are.

I feel sorry for whatever company hired you if you have that kind of unawareness and complete lack of foresight as to what the reactions to your comments would be. Just plain dumb.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:36 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:
I am not threatening no one, I said hes lucky this thread of full of Canadians or else he would get the same treatment as me from you Canadians, how is that a threat?

I am not "lucky" that Canada provided me ****, my education gave me my job opportunities and I pay more tax then the average Canadian. Canada is lucky for having someone like me working here and contributing to the society, unlike others who sit behind a computer screen flaming some guy for not bein proud to be Canadian.

Depending on your definition of SUPERIOR, if having money = superior then I sure as hell am more superior then you. Don't stuff words in my mouth. All i said was I AM NOT PROUD TO BE CANADIAN.

So now you are more superior than me simply because I sit on RealGM and flame things I don't like? Did you not just do the exact same thing by flaming Canada? You're arguments seem to have you going around in circles.

As for you having a better job or making more money, you clearly have no idea who I am or what I do, but even if you make more a year that certainly doesn't make you better than me. Considering I'm not a ignorant child you can't see all the opportunities this country has given me I would actually consider myself a better worldly and respectful person. Which means a lot more to me than money.

I think you have a lot of growing up to do.
TheRaptor!
General Manager

Post#100 » by TheRaptor! » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:37 pm

jonny three time wrote:The dumbest part of it all is that "The Raptor" actually didn't think it was a big deal to say what he did. Give your head a shake man and figure it out, you go to any forum of any team from any country then proceed to say you don't like the flag and aren't proud to be a "insert country here" and see what their reactions are.

I feel sorry for whatever company hired you if you have that kind of unawareness and complete lack of foresight as to what the reactions to your comments would be. Just plain dumb.

I know i said I will not go back and forth and this will be my final comment.

My original comment was for the flag on the back of the jersey, I cannot just say I dislike it without any reasons, and I stated my reason.

It really ain't a big deal to say what I said, I expected more mature responses (ie: the guy who was more proud to be Canadian then his own nationality)

You don't have to worry about whatever company hired me, b/c even if i got fired today, I can probably support 3 families with the same luxury I have today.

LittleOzzy wrote:So now you are more superior than me simply because I sit on RealGM and flame things I don't like? Did you not just do the exact same thing by flaming Canada? You're arguments seem to have you going around in circles.

As for you having a better job or making more money, you clearly have no idea who I am or what I do, but even if you make more a year that certainly doesn't make you better than me. Considering I'm not a ignorant child you can't see all the opportunities this country has given me I would actually consider myself a better worldly and respectful person. Which means a lot more to me than money.

I think you have a lot of growing up to do.

When is not being proud of a country flaming? I wish i was a child, maybe I can communicate with you guys better. You too, have no idea who I am or what I do.

I am very respectful, all i said was I AM NOT PROUD TO BE CANADIAN.

Return to Toronto Raptors