ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Inside Scoop- Smitch and roster update

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

TerryTate
Analyst
And1: 1,451

Re: Raptors Inside Scoop- Smitch and roster update 

Post#101 » by TerryTate » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:21 pm

I would like to see personally....

Kapono for Mopete
Parker, Adams & Hump for Wallace

Calderon/Ukic/Soloman
Wallace/Peterson/Moon
Peterson/Moon
Bosh/Bargnani
JO/Bargnani
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 78

Post#102 » by Maritimer » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:24 pm

I'll go on record and say that I still don't think Marbury is a good idea. If it happens and it works, I certainly won't complain though -- it'll show why BC is a GM and I'm not (though I am more dashing than he).
On LeBron not committing fouls:
Marvin! wrote:He also doesn't poo... his body transforms food into flower seeds, which he then sends to poor inner city neighborhoods and distributes free of charge. Let us all give thanks and praise him!
kingr
Head Coach
And1: 2,732

Post#103 » by kingr » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:27 pm

Maritimer wrote:
raptorgenius7 wrote: And yes this is the same inside source who told me about the TJ ford for JO trade and Bonner for Rasho waay before it happen.

(June 21, 2006) -- The Toronto Raptors announced Wednesday they have acquired centre Rasho Nesterovic and cash considerations from the San Antonio Spurs in exchange for forwards Eric Williams and Matt Bonner, and a 2009 second-round draft pick.

raptorgenius7
Sophomore

I'll believe that the mods have confirmed you have a source, but the above information does have me a little confused....

LOL@ that.
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,564

Post#104 » by s e n s i » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:30 pm

Maritimer wrote:
raptorgenius7 wrote: And yes this is the same inside source who told me about the TJ ford for JO trade and Bonner for Rasho waay before it happen.

(June 21, 2006) -- The Toronto Raptors announced Wednesday they have acquired centre Rasho Nesterovic and cash considerations from the San Antonio Spurs in exchange for forwards Eric Williams and Matt Bonner, and a 2009 second-round draft pick.

raptorgenius7
Sophomore

I'll believe that the mods have confirmed you have a source, but the above information does have me a little confused....

Thanks. As much as I want to believe him myself, something is telling me not to. If anything ever falls through, I'll be the first to man up and apologize for doubting his sources.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
garbage time
Starter
And1: 1

Post#105 » by garbage time » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:35 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:I swear this thread was locked for a second and my post did not go through.

Its obvious that Smitch is on the hot seat, he will be fired VERY soon if things don't get better, we need a scapegoat. I don't care what doug smith is trying to say to cover up or whoever, its obvious what happened.

That wallce trade would have been awsome.

Calderon/ Marbury
Parker/ Marbury
Wallace/ Moon
Bosh/ Bargnani
O'neal/ Bargnani

LOL, Blowbury will not come off the bench
ibtl
from24ft
Banned User
And1: 2
Location: doing funnels and the kozak dance at the company picnic

Post#106 » by from24ft » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:39 pm

Sometimes the same posters post here using different aliases... so it still could be legit.

...the Marburry info kind makes me feel that he may have some inside information, how many long time posters would add that info to their posts? Most people would want to dress up their info not add marbs into the fry. It seems to me even the poster is a little puzzled by that gem.
biblast
RealGM
And1: 4,799

Post#107 » by biblast » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:42 pm

You know sometimes I wonder what exactly do people want on this board ?
What's the problem of acquiring Marbury ? Are you guys happy with Solomon ?
I mean I just don't get the Marbury bashing ! It's obvious that we are hurting at the 2 and at the wing.
Is Marbury our saviour ? No. But if he's waived and available at a relatively cheap price, why not ?
It can only get better from here. People have a short memory. Say all you want about him & his attitude but this is a guy who can still create his own shot and score 20 pts in a big hurry. In fact he's done that quite often against the Raps then again, who hasn't. Anyway, I think he would b an upgrade. Of course, he comes with his baggage but sometimes, players need a different scene & a different coach. Plus if BC were to sign him, it won't be more than 2 yrs contract I'd assume so it's not a huge risk. I think having him can only make this team better.

Now on to the Gerard Wallace talk. I'd have been shocked had the Bobcats agreed to Hump/Kapono trade ! Are you kidding me ? That would be a steal. My only problem with Wallace is his salary. As far as injury goes, yes he is prone to injuries but so is J.O. But we need a winger so bad and I seriously believe if BC were to acquire him without breaking our nucleous (CB4, Bargs, Caldy & J.O), he'd be a genious. I'm not so sure about the salary implications though. So much has been made about the summer of 2010 with Le Bron's class (incl. CB4, Wade) Free Agency frenzy but I'm sure BC will figure it out. One thing is for sure, this team needs help now at the wing and at the 2.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,517
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#108 » by SharoneWright » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:44 pm

The OP has definitely come through in the past. No hype just very realistic scenarios which only adds to his cred. Actually, I've thought before that posters exactly like raptorgenius7 are what sets RealGM apart from so many other sources.

So thanks rg7 for sharing some of your info. BC and upper management certainly can't be pleased at this stage and I'm sure there are many options/moves on the table.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,746

Post#109 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:44 pm

biblast™ wrote:Is Marbury our saviour ? No. But if he's waived and available at a relatively cheap price, why not ?

It will cost the Raps at least $6 million to get him. Hardly cheap. For a career loser who's been mildly crazy over the past few years.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#110 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:44 pm

SharoneWright wrote:The OP has definitely come through in the past. No hype just very realistic scenarios which only adds to his cred. Actually, I've thought before that posters exactly like raptorgenius7 are what sets RealGM apart from so many other sources.

So thanks rg7 for sharing some of your info. BC and upper management certainly can't be pleased at this stage and I'm sure there are many options/moves on the table.

Link?
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
TerryTate
Analyst
And1: 1,451

Post#111 » by TerryTate » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:47 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
SharoneWright wrote:The OP has definitely come through in the past. No hype just very realistic scenarios which only adds to his cred. Actually, I've thought before that posters exactly like raptorgenius7 are what sets RealGM apart from so many other sources.

Link?

There is some past confirmations earlier in the thread
underdog33
Lead Assistant
And1: 355

Post#112 » by underdog33 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:47 pm

I can see marbury fixing the roko/solomon issue, but he's not a fix for the 2 guard. If we do grab him, you will most certainly see a move following it to grab a SG. I can't possibly see marbury trying to handle the VC,J-Rich, type players
O'neal and Moon 4 Life
Harold_and_Kumar
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,656

Post#113 » by Harold_and_Kumar » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:49 pm

It would be funny if Joey and some other Raps read this and decided to blow the game purposely.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#114 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:51 pm

seraphim1982 wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:

Link?

There is some past confirmations earlier in the thread

Not that I can see. Shak23 said he predicted the JO and TJ trade before it happened. I wish there was a working search function, because I'd actually like to see that thread. The only other confirmation was rapsgenius7 backing himself up.
from24ft
Banned User

Post#115 » by from24ft » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:53 pm

underdog33 wrote:I can see marbury fixing the roko/solomon issue, but he's not a fix for the 2 guard. If we do grab him, you will most certainly see a move following it to grab a SG. I can't possibly see marbury trying to handle the VC,J-Rich, type players

Lets imagine that we do grab him for a minimum contract. The nice thing is that if he doesn't work out you can easil walk away from him. So trying Marbs for a few games is not such a crazy idea.

Sometimes these wierd moves end up working out better than expected.
biblast
RealGM
And1: 4,799

Post#116 » by biblast » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:54 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
biblast™ wrote:Is Marbury our saviour ? No. But if he's waived and available at a relatively cheap price, why not ?

It will cost the Raps at least $6 million to get him. Hardly cheap. For a career loser who's been mildly crazy over the past few years.

$6Mil is an assumption....You may or may not be right. I was thinking roughly in the $4 Mil range or less. Considering that a lot of scrubs are making that much, I don't think it's outrageous.
The question is our cap situation and the ramifications. Do I think we should spend $6Mil on him and go over the cap ? NO. But if there is way to do it without hurting our cap too much, it's worth a 2nd look. If this rumour is true, that tells me that BC has already tought about the above and somehow hopes that there could be a way of pulling it off. It's just Marbury. I'm holding my breathe, nor should anyone. We shall see.
08HEMI
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#117 » by 08HEMI » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:55 pm

INSIDE SCOOP

I know something about smitch but im not allowed to tell you, just watch closely in over the next few months!

:-?
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,564

Post#118 » by s e n s i » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:56 pm

biblast™ wrote:You know sometimes I wonder what exactly do people want on this board ?
What's the problem of acquiring Marbury ? Are you guys happy with Solomon ?
I mean I just don't get the Marbury bashing ! It's obvious that we are hurting at the 2 and at the wing.
Is Marbury our saviour ? No. But if he's waived and available at a relatively cheap price, why not ?
It can only get better from here. People have a short memory. Say all you want about him & his attitude but this is a guy who can still create his own shot and score 20 pts in a big hurry. In fact he's done that quite often against the Raps then again, who hasn't. Anyway, I think he would b an upgrade. Of course, he comes with his baggage but sometimes, players need a different scene & a different coach. Plus if BC were to sign him, it won't be more than 2 yrs contract I'd assume so it's not a huge risk. I think having him can only make this team better.

As history demonstrates, Stephon Marbury has the biggest cancer effect in the entire league. Any team he's been on has gotten worse, and then actually got better when he left.

-Total increase in wins the first season after Marbury left his old team - +49.
-The total decrease in wins in the first season after Marbury joined his new team - -31.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
from24ft
Banned User

Post#119 » by from24ft » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:02 pm

biblast™ wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:

$6Mil is an assumption....You may or may not be right. I was thinking roughly in the $4 Mil range or less. Considering that a lot of scrubs are making that much, I don't think it's outrageous.
The question is our cap situation and the ramifications. Do I think we should spend $6Mil on him and go over the cap ? NO. But if there is way to do it without hurting our cap too much, it's worth a 2nd look. If this rumour is true, that tells me that BC has already tought about the above and somehow hopes that there could be a way of pulling it off. It's just Marbury. I'm holding my breathe, nor should anyone. We shall see.

There are other ways of persuasion. Marbury obviously cares about his rep around the league. A top tier team will not take him for fear of him ruining what they already have. A team like the Raptors just may take such a risk. Skill wise, he has everything we need. Head wise, we are all hoping he hits his head on the way out of town.

Bryan can sell him on the potential of the team with him, the 20k fans, the ability to get back at a team in our division. If the bobcats want to pay him 6 mill they can, let him go there. How many good teams is he going to find under the cap?
alpha
Starter
And1: 179

Post#120 » by alpha » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:11 pm

I'm not sure why some of you are buying into this? Someone is close to someone who is close to the Raptor mascot?

Return to Toronto Raptors