ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Inside Scoop- Smitch and roster update

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

raptorforlife88
Veteran
And1: 945

Re: Raptors Inside Scoop- Smitch and roster update 

Post#21 » by raptorforlife88 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:04 am

So if the thread was locked and unlocked does this mean that the mods have verified his claim?
galeon110
Analyst
And1: 629

Post#22 » by galeon110 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:06 am

What do you mean by pay real close attention to tomorrow's game? Does it have something to do with the game plan or some new idea that BC has or do you mean the result of the game?
Tomato
Lead Assistant
And1: 14

Post#23 » by Tomato » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:08 am

galeon110 wrote:What do you mean by pay real close attention to tomorrow's game? Does it have something to do with the game plan or some new idea that BC has or do you mean the result of the game?

I'm guessing it has something to do with gameplan or lineups.
by Shoon.
Shak23
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#24 » by Shak23 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:09 am

I believe this guy. He predicted the Ford for JO trade during the draft.
Brezec = Euro Oakley
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#25 » by EventHorizon » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:09 am

galeon110 wrote:What do you mean by pay real close attention to tomorrow's game? Does it have something to do with the game plan or some new idea that BC has or do you mean the result of the game?

I would guess that the result of tomorrow's game is directly related to Smitch's occupational status.

This is the only reasonable thing to "beg" not to be leaked. But than the vote of confidence from BC??? Maybe just to feed the media.
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,552

Post#26 » by TheRaptor! » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:10 am

raptorforlife88 wrote:So if the thread was locked and unlocked does this mean that the mods have verified his claim?

Yea, this guy has some credibility so I believe him.
jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Post#27 » by jonny three time » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:11 am

Shak23 wrote:I believe this guy. He predicted the Ford for JO trade during the draft.

Well, considering the rest of us knew days before the draft, I'm not really impressed.
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,560

Post#28 » by s e n s i » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:11 am

I don't believe anything this OP posts. He's the same guy who made a thread telling everyone that a trade would happen the next day, and not to question him about it. And then he made a thread the other day saying that Smitch was getting fired. Just my opinion/perspective.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,552

Post#29 » by TheRaptor! » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:13 am

jonny three time wrote:
Shak23 wrote:I believe this guy. He predicted the Ford for JO trade during the draft.

Well, considering the rest of us knew days before the draft, I'm not really impressed.

.........If you don't like what he has to say or question his credibility evena fter the mods verified it then don't post.

This guy is sharing some inside info that he found out, he has absolutely nothing to gain from this, why would he lie? I appreciate these kinda things, its fun.
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#30 » by EventHorizon » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:15 am

Some people give false information just for **** and giggles.
nizaam
Sixth Man
And1: 415

Post#31 » by nizaam » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:16 am

Parasight wrote:
raptorforlife88 wrote:If this is true so much for the claim that Colangelo only wants character guys.

I never considered Marbury to be a bad guy. He's a little flamboyant and overly-expressive. But he's no cancer. The guy is the face of a brand that purposely sells affordable basketball shoes for kids who can't afford to buy Jordan's. I always liked Marbury, as a person and even as a player in his Phoenix years. I do have to question though, if we sign him wouldn't that put us in the tax? I wouldn't sign him if that's the price we have to pay.

He refused to play in a game! thats not a character guy to me.
WingPlaya
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#32 » by WingPlaya » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:16 am

My guess is BC told Smitch to let JGraham play some minutes at the SG spot to lighten up Parkers load. That or maybe let some of the guys play through the fouls if they are doing well...
Who knows maybe he stole a playbook from one of his dads old teams and thought now was the right time to pass it onto his head coach... so many possibilities!
I'll be watching eagerly, somethings gotta shape up thats for sure.
we should sign AI so we can have a rapping raptor
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#33 » by COY0607 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:18 am

hasnt BC already worked with Marbury before with the Suns too. From what I remember they didnt really have a tough time with him their. Marbury would definitely an asset, and if he can show some composure, he may even become a good trade asset.
I also get the feeling, as weird as it sounds, Marbury is SMITCH type guy.
Southward1
General Manager
And1: 2,411

Post#34 » by Southward1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:18 am

This reminds me, who was the poster who said he knew some information about Matt Bonner going to San Antonio? That stuff was crazy.
nizaam
Sixth Man
And1: 415

Post#35 » by nizaam » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:20 am

Tomato wrote:

I'm guessing it has something to do with gameplan or lineups.

or iz just made up and if anything is changed slightly, he'll say that's what he heard from his source. Not saying you're source is fake, but a lot of people come here and say that something is going to happen in a vague way and any minor change is what they claim was their knowledge. If true, i hope they reconsider on the original gerald wallace deal.
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#36 » by COY0607 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:24 am

nizaam wrote:
Parasight wrote:
raptorforlife88 wrote:If this is true so much for the claim that Colangelo only wants character guys.

I never considered Marbury to be a bad guy. He's a little flamboyant and overly-expressive. But he's no cancer. The guy is the face of a brand that purposely sells affordable basketball shoes for kids who can't afford to buy Jordan's. I always liked Marbury, as a person and even as a player in his Phoenix years. I do have to question though, if we sign him wouldn't that put us in the tax? I wouldn't sign him if that's the price we have to pay.

He refused to play in a game! thats not a character guy to me.

D'antoni claimed he refused to play, but Marbury said they never had that conversation.
I dont think hes a great character guy either, but he a great talent, and this team needs that at the guard position right now. also i think he can be kept in control by guys like bosh/oneal
WingPlaya
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#37 » by WingPlaya » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:26 am

Also like him or not Marbury has some skills and I think he'd fit in quite well on our roster. I know he's known for tryin to score a little too much but atleast he can create his own shot and he's definitely the kind of player I want on my team in the fourth quarter where the D tightens up (unless its ours) and it becomes more man to man coverage. He's not that bad at D either, just short...

Also his career assist per game ratio is close to 8, and our system is made for stat-stuffer point guards.
So whether he gives us energy off the bench, immediate perimeter scoring and penetration or fourth quarter onions, he's ok in my books.

Bring Starbury, we tried class and it didn't work.
we should sign AI so we can have a rapping raptor
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,197

Post#38 » by gerrit4 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:27 am

Maybe the motivation would make him a great scorer again. Not sure though.

Did Sam ever play with Marbury in Sota?
BeNicePlz
Analyst
And1: 13

Post#39 » by BeNicePlz » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:29 am

Juicy.
inrapscity
General Manager
And1: 62

Post#40 » by inrapscity » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:30 am

it's too bad we couldn't get Wallace for Kapono+Hump. marbury would be interesting. break some ankles, give some swagger and further make us one of the worst defensive teams out there.

Return to Toronto Raptors