ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Inside Scoop- Smitch and roster update

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

WD-40
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Raptors Inside Scoop- Smitch and roster update 

Post#221 » by WD-40 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:27 am

Dennis P wrote:
Alfred wrote:
Dennis P wrote:
actually I wasn't even talking to you but no surprise to see you jump in. Adam Morrison stinks... teams look to attack him whenever he's on the court. He hasn't been the same since he was crying on the basketball court.

Keep that soft loser far, FAR away from my soft Raps PLEASE!!!

We trade the DREGS of our team (and an arguably SOFTER player in Kapono) for Gerald Wallace and Morrison and we get WORSE? What is wrong with you?

EDIT:

Honestly, Joey Graham, Solomon, Kapono and Hassan Adams are not worth Gerald Wallace. Release Morrison for all I care, but if you think that we're getting worse with THAT trade, you should stop talking about basketball.

Obviously attention to detail is not your forte. Adam Morrison is what I was referring when I said gross that's why I put his name in BOLD

I think the trade was a ripoff. And the main acquistion was Wallace. Adam Morrison is a throw in. He could prove ok but it doesn't really matter.

If I was a Cats fan, I would have laughed at the first offer, and said a big FU to the second.

edit: although I have no idea how bad GW's injury concerns are. If BC could pull off any of the suggested offers, I would assume GW's injury concerns are severe.
WD-40
Banned User

Post#222 » by WD-40 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:42 am

raptorgenius7 wrote:kapono wasn't originally on the market because BC still believes in Kapono especially after the playoff series vs magic. But after he offered kapono/hump for wallace a few GMs came in with low ball offers for kapono. A few GM's had also made legit offers for Bargz but BC truly believes in his project and feels like a failure if he gives him up, others in the organization believe that BC may have passed on a legit offer for Bargz but obviously BC thinks otherwise. My source didnt tell me exactly what the offer was, i dont think he knows himself. My source did tell me though that BC is seriously evaluating coaching staff and you can expect to see him in attendance at almost all of the games during the west coast trip. BC is also pushing for Kapono to get some more looks I'm not clear if he had made it clear to sam though, but its something he wants to see. Also guys im sorry I cant reply as often, I am very busy with exams coming up and stuff but I'm trying my best to reply as fast as possible.

Hey RPG7,

I'm not knocking ya. Cause for all I know you may be legit. Big Brother left this thread open afterall. I'm thinking you should give your source a name. Reading "My source" is suspect. Call him Bob I'd say.
rise of raptors
Bench Warmer

Post#223 » by rise of raptors » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:56 am

raptorgenius7 wrote:kapono wasn't originally on the market because BC still believes in Kapono especially after the playoff series vs magic. But after he offered kapono/hump for wallace a few GMs came in with low ball offers for kapono. A few GM's had also made legit offers for Bargz but BC truly believes in his project and feels like a failure if he gives him up, others in the organization believe that BC may have passed on a legit offer for Bargz but obviously BC thinks otherwise. My source didnt tell me exactly what the offer was, i dont think he knows himself. My source did tell me though that BC is seriously evaluating coaching staff and you can expect to see him in attendance at almost all of the games during the west coast trip. BC is also pushing for Kapono to get some more looks I'm not clear if he had made it clear to sam though, but its something he wants to see. Also guys im sorry I cant reply as often, I am very busy with exams coming up and stuff but I'm trying my best to reply as fast as possible.

Definitley not something I wanted to hear...it would suck if BC's pride made him pass up a legit offer for Bargs that would improve the team. Now everyone wants to know what the offer was and who in management liked it. Let the speculation begin?
tylrrr
Assistant Coach
And1: 29

Post#224 » by tylrrr » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:14 am

Lebron James for Andrea Bargnani
load management
Analyst
And1: 1,871

Post#225 » by load management » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:24 am

Are you just regurgitating the majority's opinion on certain issues with our team and stating them as facts?
**** the Tony Brothers
durka
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#226 » by durka » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:37 am

SOONI wrote:

Are you just regurgitating the majority's opinion on certain issues with our team and stating them as facts?

Or maybe there's so many damn opinions on this board that some of them are bound to be right?

Honestly, I whole-heartedly agree with keeping Bargs because his values only going up first of all, and secondly if the risk of losing Bosh is really as large as the talking heads are saying having Bargs as a backup plan really isn't that terrible. From what I'm seeing this season, he has a chance to be a special player. He isn't a one dimensional jump shooter anymore. He's versatile, having played 3 positions throughout his time here, he's turning into a really good defender and we all know that he can end up being a great offensive player. Do you people really want to give up on him now? If he can keep stepping his game up on defense, that makes JO very expendable which means we can get that oh so coveted wing player.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,299

Post#227 » by ItsDanger » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:46 am

Watching Wallace limp around in this game, I want no part of him.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
tylrrr
Assistant Coach
And1: 29

Post#228 » by tylrrr » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:18 am

Yeah, I mean he did well enough offensively but he was just exploiting us in transition. He showed me absolutely nothing defensively and he repeatedly fell onto the ground for no apparent reason. For a guy with a major history of concussions to be wiping out and flopping face first to the ground after Hump blocks his shot (and doesnt even come near to body-contact) is alarming.
durka
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#229 » by durka » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:29 am

tylrrr wrote:Yeah, I mean he did well enough offensively but he was just exploiting us in transition. He showed me absolutely nothing defensively and he repeatedly fell onto the ground for no apparent reason. For a guy with a major history of concussions to be wiping out and flopping face first to the ground after Hump blocks his shot (and doesnt even come near to body-contact) is alarming.

Maybe he's so scared of contact that he avoids it at all costs? Was anyone else sort of worried when he got that elbow in the face? Not that it really matters for us or anything, just the guys history. Personally, I don't feel like Wallace is that peice and I wouldn't give up anything other then the contracts that we have that go past 2010 for us. I would add in a future first rounder though.
Dogbert
Banned User

Post#230 » by Dogbert » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:25 am

tylrrr wrote:Yeah, I mean he did well enough offensively but he was just exploiting us in transition. He showed me absolutely nothing defensively and he repeatedly fell onto the ground for no apparent reason. For a guy with a major history of concussions to be wiping out and flopping face first to the ground after Hump blocks his shot (and doesnt even come near to body-contact) is alarming.

I would not take on Wallace's contract. He's an injury risk, and he wouldn't improve this team enough for it to be a contending one.
kcthekid
Starter
And1: 3

Post#231 » by kcthekid » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:45 pm

get it done bc
Shak23
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#232 » by Shak23 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:15 pm

the inside scoop was

andrea bargnani for darko milicic
Brezec = Euro Oakley
NH
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#233 » by NH » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:36 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:

Interesting stuff. I wonder what that offer for Bargnani was? And who was it in the organization that felt that BC made the mistake of passing on the offer? Wayne Embry, perhaps?

If BC is getting legit offers but is holding onto Bargs because he 'believes' in his prject, that is not a good sign of a good GM. Time to cut his losses and get the best value out of a guy who is teasing ppl with promise again. Bargnani will never be a value for the #1 spot he got picked it. Will he be a serviceable player? YES but a star? NO. If we can get J Rich for Bargnani, please BC just let him go. Joe Dumars did with Darko and it wasn't that painful.
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#234 » by MikeM » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:44 pm

NH wrote:If BC is getting legit offers but is holding onto Bargs because he 'believes' in his prject, that is not a good sign of a good GM. Time to cut his losses and get the best value out of a guy who is teasing ppl with promise again. Bargnani will never be a value for the #1 spot he got picked it. Will he be a serviceable player? YES but a star? NO. If we can get J Rich for Bargnani, please BC just let him go. Joe Dumars did with Darko and it wasn't that painful.

J Rich is garbage man. "Cut your losses", lol.
bane_dd
Banned User

Post#235 » by bane_dd » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:59 pm

NH wrote:If BC is getting legit offers but is holding onto Bargs because he 'believes' in his prject, that is not a good sign of a good GM. Time to cut his losses and get the best value out of a guy who is teasing ppl with promise again. Bargnani will never be a value for the #1 spot he got picked it. Will he be a serviceable player? YES but a star? NO. If we can get J Rich for Bargnani, please BC just let him go. Joe Dumars did with Darko and it wasn't that painful.

Andrea Bargnani is not Darko Milicic. If you think they are at all similar, you need to stop watching basketball right now.

And I'm tired of people clinging onto this #1 pick notion. So what he was a #1 pick? That bears no relevance to his quality of play and just as it was said prior to that draft, there was no surefire superstar available. The only player from the 06 draft that is presently better than Bargnani is Roy and he is not exactly a superstar either. Andrew Bogut, Kwame Brown, Michael Olowokandi and Kenyon Martin were all #1 picks.

Please tell me how you know that Bargnani will not be a star in this league? Did your crystal ball tell you that?
08HEMI
Banned User

Post#236 » by 08HEMI » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:03 pm

bane_dd wrote:
Andrea Bargnani is not Darko Milicic. If you think they are at all similar, you need to stop watching basketball right now.

:lol:
Dennis P
Banned User

Post#237 » by Dennis P » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:03 pm

bane_dd wrote:

And I'm tired of people clinging onto this #1 pick notion. So what he was a #1 pick? That bears no relevance to his quality of play and just as it was said prior to that draft, there was no surefire superstar available. The only player from the 06 draft that is presently better than Bargnani is Roy and he is not exactly a superstar either. Andrew Bogut, Kwame Brown, Michael Olowokandi and Kenyon Martin were all #1 picks.

Please tell me how you know that Bargnani will not be a star in this league? Did your crystal ball tell you that?

I don't think it takes a genius to figure out he won't be a star in this league. A bonafide NBAer? yes but Star hell no.
bane_dd
Banned User

Post#238 » by bane_dd » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:09 pm

Dennis P wrote:I don't think it takes a genius to figure out he won't be a star in this league. A bonafide NBAer? yes but Star hell no.

How can you be so sure? He certainly has the tools to be one and at 23 he is far from being a finished product yet.

Another issue with his development is the inability of his teammates/coach to recognize and exploit mismatches with the guy. At one point last night, he had DJ Augustin pinned down low on a switch and Jose failed to get him the ball. This happens at least a couple of times a night where he will have a mismatch in the post and they won't get him the ball.
kcthekid
Starter
And1: 3

Post#239 » by kcthekid » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:10 pm

Dennis P wrote:
bane_dd wrote:

I don't think it takes a genius to figure out he won't be a star in this league. A bonafide NBAer? yes but Star hell no.

JO struggled early on in portland
hedo stuggled early on in SA

its too early to tell on bargs
but if he plays defensively like last night
and offesnively firing on all cylinders he could be a star
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#240 » by MikeM » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:39 pm

While we're talking about Charlotte...

O'Neal for Wallace and Richardson works in the trade checker... if they're looking to shed salary.

Return to Toronto Raptors