ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Inside Scoop- Smitch and roster update

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Re: Raptors Inside Scoop- Smitch and roster update 

Post#61 » by 5DOM » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:49 am

yea i really appreciate what you are doing here raptorgenius.
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,560

Post#62 » by s e n s i » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:49 am

raptorgenius7 wrote:Hey let me just get a couple things straight, I despise people who come on this board and make up crap. I'm not the type to do so, all I'm doing is sharing "inside" information from what I've been told... if the information doesnt come to reality, am i to be blamed? Im just telling you guys what I've been told i have no control if it falls through or not. I did post a thread couple days ago about sam mitchell being fired because an insider had told me that an eastern conference coach will be fired the next morning and he said he was pretty sure it was sam, but it turned out to be eddie jordan. And yes this is the same inside source who told me about the TJ ford for JO trade and Bonner for Rasho waay before it happen. So guys, Im not here to tease anyone, i've been around realgm for years and admire the passion that you guys have for the raptors as I am a die hard raptors fan myself, all I'm doing is trying my best to keep everyone updated about who we love the most, the toronto Raptors. And guys I will answer any questions you guys have but I must keep it brief, I cant give out too many info. And for the people who wanna see sam mitchell out of town, just pray to god we lose tomorrow against the Bobcats.

It's not that I don't entirely believe you. It's just threads like the one below make things harder to believe.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=851627
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,688

Post#63 » by C_Money » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:51 am

What exactly do you want us to pay attention to in the Bobcats game?
Tomato
Lead Assistant
And1: 14

Post#64 » by Tomato » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:52 am

C_Money wrote:What exactly do you want us to pay attention to in the Bobcats game?

And for the people who wanna see sam mitchell out of town, just pray to god we lose tomorrow against the Bobcats.
by Shoon.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,888

Post#65 » by Zeno » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:52 am

Wow, just wow. Before the last post about praying for a loss to get Smitch out of town, I thought maybe BC gave an assistant offensive play calling duties or something like that. I was expecting to see Smitch not in the huddle tomorrow.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
stopnpop
Bench Warmer
And1: 18

Post#66 » by stopnpop » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:53 am

I have long hated on Marbury as a teammate/ person...but he is a very capable bball player...if he would accept a role as a sg, back up pg...who is the 4-5th option when our lineup is healthy...he would be great...and he will play with an edge, which we need....I think the meeting was about playing hump and kapono more to showcase them for a trade..maybe even showcasing joey..thats my guess atleast...lets hope they win tomorrow...i cant take more of the ridiculous threads ballboys and ignorant posters keep starting
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,552

Post#67 » by TheRaptor! » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:56 am

raptorgenius7 wrote:Hey let me just get a couple things straight, I despise people who come on this board and make up crap. I'm not the type to do so, all I'm doing is sharing "inside" information from what I've been told... if the information doesnt come to reality, am i to be blamed? Im just telling you guys what I've been told i have no control if it falls through or not. I did post a thread couple days ago about sam mitchell being fired because an insider had told me that an eastern conference coach will be fired the next morning and he said he was pretty sure it was sam, but it turned out to be eddie jordan. And yes this is the same inside source who told me about the TJ ford for JO trade and Bonner for Rasho waay before it happen. So guys, Im not here to tease anyone, i've been around realgm for years and admire the passion that you guys have for the raptors as I am a die hard raptors fan myself, all I'm doing is trying my best to keep everyone updated about who we love the most, the toronto Raptors. And guys I will answer any questions you guys have but I must keep it brief, I cant give out too many info. And for the people who wanna see sam mitchell out of town, just pray to god we lose tomorrow against the Bobcats.

That makes sense, you are forgiven! :wink:

I appreciate these things man, I don't know about the others though. Just because a deal did not go through, it does not mean BC never tried to make it happen.

Is the Bobcats trade still goin on? Or is it dead?
Is BC in any way interested in bringing VC back?
rise of raptors
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#68 » by rise of raptors » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:03 am

Definitely appreciate what your bringing us raptorgenius7. Some deals fall through the last minute, so its not anybody's fault. Who would've guessed that the Bobcats were smart enough to come up with a counter-offer for Bargnani, and BC did the right thing by hanging up. Jason Richardson needs to be included in any conversation that has Bargs going to the Cats.

Malbury would be a good addition if he signs for the minimum. We desperately need somebody at the wings that actually gives. At least we know that BC isn't sitting on his hands and is actually trying to get something done.
RaptorReloaded
Veteran
And1: 970

Post#69 » by RaptorReloaded » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:10 am

Thanks for the news raptorsgenius7! Even if nothing falls through it's comfortable knowing that our GM is out there looking at situations to improve the team. That and I really like the thought of adding marbury. I have a feeling he's gonna blow-up if he gets bought out and Toronto seams like an ideal situation to come into. A playoff team with a great group of guys that want to win and desperately need help at the wing and back up pg position. There are so many minutes avaliable that it's a great oppertunity to show to the league that he's still got it. Plus we would'nt have to trade anything! Sign me up!

Is BC in any way interested in bringing VC back?

And thank you TheRaptor for asking the real question that needs to be answered.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#70 » by Hendrix » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:09 am

Is it just me or does it sound weird that they were seriously considering crap for G-Wall, then they decided to ask for our biggest asset too. Wouldn't that be kind of like, "hmmm, well I think we'll trade Gasol for Kwame, and scraps, but on second though you better throw in Kobe too".
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
from24ft
Banned User
And1: 2
Location: doing funnels and the kozak dance at the company picnic

Post#71 » by from24ft » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:25 am

If you are correct, than I presume the converstation with Sam and Bryan went along the lines of:

"Ultimately, Sam, our mutual responsibility are wins. Regardless what we do, we must produce some wins. Even if the roster has holes, we still have to win with what we have, if that means I need to make changes, thats what I will do. This is not about whether I like you or you like me, or wether you are a good coach or I am a good GM, we need to BOTH make the correct decisions that will get us those wins. Get us a win coach."
Dogbert
Banned User

Post#72 » by Dogbert » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:59 am

I'd be up for a Stephon Marbury acquisition. He's still a very talented guard and would make this team more...interesting.
tylrrr
Assistant Coach
And1: 29

Post#73 » by tylrrr » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:13 am

from24ft wrote:If you are correct, than I presume the converstation with Sam and Bryan went along the lines of:

"Ultimately, Sam, our mutual responsibility are wins. Regardless what we do, we must produce some wins. Even if the roster has holes, we still have to win with what we have, if that means I need to make changes, thats what I will do. This is not about whether I like you or you like me, or wether you are a good coach or I am a good GM, we need to BOTH make the correct decisions that will get us those wins. Get us a win coach."

awwwwww :cry: :cry:
DKwan416
Junior
And1: 2

Post#74 » by DKwan416 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:32 am

why are we throwing around speculations still? the OP basically spelled it out for us:

Lose against the Bobcats = Mitchell fired.
Win against the Bobcats = Mitchell fired later.
SuigintouEV
General Manager
And1: 1,555

Post#75 » by SuigintouEV » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:52 am

I think the differences i'll be looking at are

1) Minute distribution
2) Bargnani Post Ups
3) Game Pace - maybe 100 shots
4) How much we showcase Hump and Kapono and make bargs a scrub in the game against the 'cats
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#76 » by Death Knight » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:35 am

chocolateSens1 wrote:It's not that I don't entirely believe you. It's just threads like the one below make things harder to believe.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=851627

It actually makes sense, since in this thread he said:

raptorgenius7 wrote:Hey guys, as some of you know I'm pretty close to someone that works in the raptors organization and he was able to tell me some inside information. First let me start off about the wing situation, according to my source, The Raptors were close in a deal that would of sent gerald wallace our ways and Kapono and hump going to charlotte(about 2 weeks ago), bobcats were seriously considering pulling the trigger........

If the Bobcats were seriously considering that deal 2 weeks ago, then the thread you linked to absolutely makes sense.

And for those people that keep saying it doesn't make sense for the Bobcats to acquire Kapono because they already have Matt Carroll and Adam Morrison.............just remember this, Kapono is the BEST at what he does, which is shooting the 3 ball. Both Carroll and Morrison are good, but Kapono is the best! It just a damn shame that Kapono is being underutilized by the team and specifically it's coaching staff.

And if you think about our defense, we have been complaining about it for 4+ years, and who has been the coach for the Raptors for those 4+ years? Sam Mitchell! Previous years to that, I never recalled myself complaining so much about their defense. For the past several seasons watching this team, I constantly see the same problems on the defensive end. It's never a new problem, it has always been the same problems. I totally agree with what Brian Heaney said on the fan590, when he said the Raptors have no defensive structure/system whatsoever. Incompetent coaching staff and it's failure to implement a decent defensive system and actually enforce it upon the team to do it.

You may argue that the Raptor teams prior to Sam Mitchell had better individual 1 on 1 defenders, which made it easier on the coaches. But I would argue that a system changes a lot of things. Guys like Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton were never known as good defensive players until they joined up in Detroit and played under a good defensive system that worked.

I am praying to God that a firing or some kind of trade indeed happens. You don't have to wait for the trade deadline to make a move. It's not too early in the season to fired people or start making trades as evident by what has been going on with other teams around the association. Remember, nothing can ever be too early, it can only be too late.
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#77 » by Death Knight » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:41 am

SuigintouEV wrote:I think the differences i'll be looking at are

1) Minute distribution
2) Bargnani Post Ups
4) How much we showcase Hump and Kapono and make bargs a scrub in the game against the 'cats

And if it all works out well, the trade for Wallace is made right on the spot. In which case, Hump and Kapono will travel with the Bobcats immediately following the game. Wallace may have to travel along with them back to Charlotte to get his stuff and bring it over here to Toronto. :D
rise of raptors
Bench Warmer

Post#78 » by rise of raptors » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:51 pm

Death Knight wrote:
SuigintouEV wrote:I think the differences i'll be looking at are

1) Minute distribution
2) Bargnani Post Ups

And if it all works out well, the trade for Wallace is made right on the spot. In which case, Hump and Kapono will travel with the Bobcats immediately following the game. Wallace may have to travel along with them back to Charlotte to get his stuff and bring it over here to Toronto. :D

It would be great if Moon contains Wallace to single-digit scoring again. Then the Cats will get frustrated and give...I mean trade him to us!
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#79 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:22 pm

im not sure what this means but someone in this thread mentioned showcasing, Kapono and Hump and holding wallace to single digits and this is what Doug Smith had to say

Honestly, this is what we saw in the practice gym when were summoned in to chat yesterday.

Sam, Alex English, Mike Evans and Jay Triano at the whiteboard drawing up plays with a fifth guy hovering on the edge of the session.

That guy? Jason Kapono.

I have no idea what it all means but it can’t be bad, can it?

So i guess you were right, they seem to be drawing up alot of plays just for Kapono so maybe what the OP said has some truth in it. Does that wallace trade still have legs? im not sure only the OP could answer that hopefully it does. A deal of Kapono+Hump+1st for Wallace and this is our lineup:

Calderon/Roko/Solomon
Parker/Marbury/Adams
Wallace/Moon
Bosh/Graham
JO/Bargnani

Marbury is a career 20 and 8 guy and id love to have him he would be able to give Calderon some rest to rest up his hamstring/ankle and be 100%. I hope this all works out tomorrow and to the OP does this trade have legs still and have you heard anything about a GSW trade? or any other one for that matter
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
RomaniaLuvTR
Head Coach
And1: 1,029

Post#80 » by RomaniaLuvTR » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:23 pm

onions17 wrote:raptorgenius- i can only speak for myself, but any info you decide to post is appreciated. obviously not every rumour is going to end up happening, that's why they're called rumours.

10x a lot for the inside man,god plsssssssss let the bobcats beat us,i want so bad sam to be fired.......

Return to Toronto Raptors