ImageImageImageImageImage

Bosh: Happiness outweighs money

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

supersub15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Bosh: Happiness outweighs money 

Post#1 » by supersub15 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:02 pm

read more here

The Raptors will have the home-court advantage to guarantee him more money than any other team, but Bosh said feelings will outweigh finances.

"I think happiness is key," Bosh said. "Being comfortable. That has a lot to do with happiness."

Come on Colangelo, do some magic. One more year...
TheMainEvent
Analyst
And1: 1,814

Re: Bosh: Happiness outweighs money 

Post#2 » by TheMainEvent » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:03 pm

As much as I believe him...

... everybody pretty much says that.
Good Lord, the little stoner's got a point.
TheMainEvent on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:03 pm wrote:I say the Raptors win the championship in 2019.
youngLion
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#3 » by youngLion » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:04 pm

supersub15 wrote:read more here

The Raptors will have the home-court advantage to guarantee him more money than any other team, but Bosh said feelings will outweigh finances.

"I think happiness is key," Bosh said. "Being comfortable. That has a lot to do with happiness."

Come on Colangelo, do some magic. One more year...

Up until this year I would have said that Bosh seems happy in Toronto, but his attitude lately seems to reflect a change of opinion. Where do you come out on Bosh's decision in 2010 SS? Do you think he'll stick around or he's as good as gone?
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#4 » by J-Roc » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:04 pm

Can someone confirm for me please....can we offer CB more money in 2010 than anyone else? Same with Lebron and the Cavs?

If so, there is no doubt in my mind he'll stay.
booyah_child
Sixth Man
And1: 818

Post#5 » by booyah_child » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:05 pm

I'd be comfortable and happy sleeping on a bed of money...
ansoncarter
Head Coach
And1: 367

Post#6 » by ansoncarter » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:12 pm

can't he make up the lost money with some U.S. sponsor anyways?

does Bosh even promote anything up here? or have any kind of deals? only raptor I've seen promote anything is Sam Mitchell with that car commercial lol
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#7 » by J Dilla » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:12 pm

LOL these athletes are bullshitters. Boozer is not happy with 12 million, 12 frickin million. Some athletes are insulted by multi million offers.

It's all about the benjamins.
wtcantfw
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,578

Post#8 » by wtcantfw » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:14 pm

He likes it there, the "or-gone-eye-zation" (as the Canadian-born Triano pronounces it) does its best to accommodate him

I didn't know Canadians "pro-nounced" things so weird.
youngLion
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#9 » by youngLion » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:14 pm

J-Roc wrote:Can someone confirm for me please....can we offer CB more money in 2010 than anyone else? Same with Lebron and the Cavs?

Yeah the team with their Bird rights can offer an extra year, which means about 18mill or so with Bosh.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,144

Post#10 » by C Court » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:14 pm

J-Roc wrote:Can someone confirm for me please....can we offer CB more money in 2010 than anyone else? Same with Lebron and the Cavs?

YES.

The rough numbers are:

Raptors offer: Six years @ $136 million

Everyone else's offer: Five years @ $100 million

Bosh will not walk away from $36 million in GUARANTEED money of which $28 million is paid in the sixth year when CB4 is 32 years old. Plus, these max numbers are higher than what will likley be available in the new 2011 CBA.

Now, if Chris is unhappy in 2010 he may ask for a sign and trade or ask for a trade in 2011 - but, I have no doubt that he's taking the money and re-signing in Toronto.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#11 » by 5DOM » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:15 pm

LAWL. this is a terrible news.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,381

Post#12 » by nate33 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:15 pm

Anybody can offer Bosh the max salary in the first season. The difference is that Toronto can offer 10.5% raises each year whereas everyone else can only offer 8% raises. That only amounts to a difference of about $4M over 5 years.

The other difference is that Toronto can offer a 6-year contract when everyone else can only offer 5. I'm not sure how much that helps though. If Bosh signs a 5-year deal, he'll be a free agent when he is 31. If he signs a 6-year deal, he'll be a free agent when he is 32. He might prefer to sign a shorter contract so that he is still in his prime when it's time to sign a new contract again.
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#13 » by J-Roc » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:15 pm

I don't think CB can survive in this town. He thinks we boo him because he's not giving effort. People boo when the Raps are not playing proper ball. ie. when they're jacking up J's early in the shot clock instead of going inside with the two bigs.

But somehow CB has taken it that we're booing his effort. That's like if your girl thinks you think she's fat. There's no way you'll ever be able to convince her that's not what you meant. And the more you try to explain, the more your foot goes into your mouth.
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#14 » by J-Roc » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:18 pm

Centre Court wrote:

YES.

The rough numbers are:

Bosh will not walk away from $36 million in GUARANTEED money of which $28 million is paid in the sixth year when CB4 is 32 years old. Plus, these max numbers are higher than what will likley be available in the new 2011 CBA.

Now, if Chris is unhappy in 2010 he may ask for a sign and trade or ask for a trade in 2011 - but, I have no doubt that he's taking the money and re-signing in Toronto.

Thanks for the breakdown guys. This completely seals the deal. It makes business sense to sign the deal that gives you the most guaranteed money. Then, if you really want to go somewhere, you just demand a trade. It's not like it's never been done before.
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#15 » by J-Roc » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:20 pm

Now with this understanding of how much more the Raps can offer CB in guaranteed money, what would Lebron do? Perhaps for him the opportunity would be there to get serious endorsements as a Knick. Of course, not if the economy is still in the tank.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,144

Post#16 » by C Court » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:23 pm

CB4 will not pull a T-Mac. If he chooses to leave, that's fine. But the Raptors will get something of value in return.

The concern over re-signing Bosh is that when he's 31 yrs old his salary is $26 million and when he's 32 yrs old his salary is $28.8 million. I'm not sure what the right answer is, but long term this contract could be a negative if CB's play declines when he's over 30.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
supersub15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#17 » by supersub15 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:23 pm

youngLion wrote:Up until this year I would have said that Bosh seems happy in Toronto, but his attitude lately seems to reflect a change of opinion. Where do you come out on Bosh's decision in 2010 SS? Do you think he'll stick around or he's as good as gone?

I see 2010 the same way as the year Orlando snagged T-Mac. If you remember that year, the big fish were Duncan, Grant Hill and T-Mac. Except that in 2010, the big fish are: Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade, Lebron James, Dirk Nowitzki, Carlos Boozer, Joe Johnson, Michael Redd, and many more. There are going to be a ton of teams with cap space to sign 1 or 2 of these stars, but whereas other teams are on the upswing (Atlanta, Cleveland, Utah, New York, etc.), the Raptors are on the downswing. If you keep the same roster, while preserving the cap space, Bosh is gone after 2 years of misery. If you satisfy him now, by pulling off some trades that sacrify the cap space in 2010, we'll be better, but not Cleveland or Boston better (i.e. not championship material).

If you're Colangelo, what do you do? You tried bringing in a sidekick (O'Neal) and sacrifying the bench, and it hasn't worked. How do you appease Bosh? He painted himself into a corner. Let's see him get out of it.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#18 » by 5DOM » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:28 pm

i just hope BC does whatever is best for the team.
if that means rebuilding without bosh, i'd be happy with bosh gone.
underdog33
Lead Assistant
And1: 355

Post#19 » by underdog33 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:29 pm

Centre Court wrote:

YES.

The rough numbers are:

But the point Chris is getting across is if he's unhappy in toronto, it doesn't matter how much money we throw at him, he'll take a paycut to leave
O'neal and Moon 4 Life
gcsw
Starter
And1: 74

Post#20 » by gcsw » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:45 pm

Well he pretty much confirms that he will be leaving in 2010 which should come as no surprise. He doesn't care if Toronto can give him more money than anyone.

Return to Toronto Raptors