ImageImageImageImageImage

Bosh: Happiness outweighs money

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

youngLion
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Re: Bosh: Happiness outweighs money 

Post#46 » by youngLion » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:28 pm

supersub15 wrote:
Centre Court wrote:You're right. Bosh is most likely to demand a sign & trade or re-sign with Toronto and then six months later he'll demand a trade like Vince did. I just don't see that CB will flat out walk.

CC, you're hung up on the wording. Sign-and-trade is basically walking away from the Raptors.

But it's not just a semantic difference, Bosh could walk away for nothing but at least with an S&T the team gets some compensation.
ansoncarter
Head Coach
And1: 367

Post#47 » by ansoncarter » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:32 pm

Centre Court wrote:
All of LeBron's endorsement deals pay him $25 million and he's #1 in the NBA. All of Kobe's endorsement deals pay him $10 million (and he's #2) including his big market status and NBA rings. So how do you expect Bosh to earn $24 million in endorsements when he's not even on the level of Kobe and definitely not LeBron? KG won a ring and his deals total around $5 million.

Mega endorsement deals are reserved for the mega stars like Tiger, MJ and LeBron and not the Chris Bosh's, Garnet's or Duncan's.

thats per year though right? Bosh would have 6 years of extra endorsement money

if those guys can get 100 and 200mil contracts can't bosh get a measly 24?
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Post#48 » by dagger » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:01 pm

supersub15 wrote:
Centre Court wrote:You're right. Bosh is most likely to demand a sign & trade or re-sign with Toronto and then six months later he'll demand a trade like Vince did. I just don't see that CB will flat out walk.

CC, you're hung up on the wording. Sign-and-trade is basically walking away from the Raptors.

Sign and trade is rarely ideal, but tends to take two forms. Where the team losing the player doesn't have to take back any salary because the player's new team has sufficient cap space for the new six-year contract, the sign and trade is a courtesy to the player's agent and all the team losing the player gets is a draft pick.

However, if the new team either doesn't have the cap space or wishes to make more cap space to sign more free agents, it has to send back some real talent and/or meaningful draft picks to induce the other team to take on a contract or two.

If Bosh and Lebron both want to go to NYC, I don't know if the Knicks will be able to absorb $36 million in starting salaries. As things stand, they will get draft picks to sign this June and next, and unless they get rid of every other useful player, they will be hard-pressed to sign both LBJ and CB for full max contracts. They will have to move Fat Eddy, or not sign draft picks, or let useful young talents like Lee and Chandler go without taking back salary. So it may cost them dearly to move Fat Eddy. That's the only way they can avoid having a roster of two fantastic players and 12 minimum wage scrubs. If LBJ's choice is NY with Bosh and 12 minimum wage scrubs, I bet he realizes life is better in Cleveland.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,885

Post#49 » by Tacoma » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:01 pm

ansoncarter wrote:thats per year though right? Bosh would have 6 years of extra endorsement money

if those guys can get 100 and 200mil contracts can't bosh get a measly 24?

That's what I was talking about above when I used $6MM as an estimate, 6 x $1MM more in endorsements. As well, I think it's unreasonable to assume that Bosh will make zero money in year 6 (which the $36MM difference implies) if he doesn't take the max with the Raptors. At 32 years old in yr 6, he still as a few good years left and still in his peak. Thus it's not a stretch that he make $20MM in yr 6 under a new contract. Thus CC's $36MM advantage suddenly becomes $10MM, which for someone who has already made over $200MM before he's 32 years old, or over $300MM when is career is over, $10MM is not at all a high price to pay for "happiness".

And, as said before, Bosh has in fact "walked away" from GUARANTEED money before with his current contract.
chrome381
Starter
And1: 0

Post#50 » by chrome381 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:05 pm

J Dilla wrote:LOL these athletes are ****. Boozer is not happy with 12 million, 12 frickin million. Some athletes are insulted by multi million offers.

It's all about the benjamins.

but boozers a greedy **** but knowing the way bosh is i believe him but man boozer has a history of betraying and backstabbing teams when he feel like it, think back to 2003 when he had a deal pretty much done with the cavs and just bolts to jazz in one day cus of the extra two cents in salary he would get and now he wants to leave Utah for more money.
cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 423

Post#51 » by cdel00 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:10 pm

All that extra coin is more than enough for Bosh to start his internet empire with when he's done balling.
cb4_admin
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#52 » by cb4_admin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:13 pm

If he does walk away, the Raptors do an immediate sign and trade so they get something in return.

Let's say he wants to go to New York, well colangelo signs him for 6 years 136 million and sends him to the knicks in return for a matching contract or a few similar, think eddy curry + jerome james + al harrington (lololol).

This works for Bosh because he gets the most guaranteed money, and for BC because he gets players in return.

This IS how it will work, If the boshter decides to make a move..
itbobby007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,827

Post#53 » by itbobby007 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:16 pm

cb4_admin wrote:If he does walk away, the Raptors do an immediate sign and trade so they get something in return.

Let's say he wants to go to New York, well colangelo signs him for 6 years 136 million and sends him to the knicks in return for a matching contract or a few similar, think eddy curry + jerome james + al harrington (lololol).

This works for Bosh because he gets the most guaranteed money, and for BC because he gets players in return.

This IS how it will work, If the boshter decides to make a move..

Can you please ask him not too. Thanks in advance!
ansoncarter
Head Coach

Post#54 » by ansoncarter » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:19 pm

s/t would be disgusting. Rather just trade him today if he hasn't made any indication to BC beyond "I want to be happy and chase rainbows"
knickerbocker2k2
General Manager
And1: 4,455

Post#55 » by knickerbocker2k2 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:27 pm

Why would we sign & trade? 2010 has alot of good players (not just superstars), and with $20M we can sign couple of quality players. If Bosh bolts, we are better off not taking useless contracts in return. If the team has capspace, then why would we not play hardball? If we want Bosh back, he will comeback. Simple as that. No player will walkway from nearly $30M guranteed. Nobody knows what will happen 5 years from now. One knee injury and Bosh can become Mcdyess playing for MLE contract. Especially somebody who relies on his quickness. There is tonnes of players (Mcydess, Webber, Rasheed, JO, etc) who took huge paycut at the end of their contracts. With that extra year (which can be player option), he can either take his money if he can get that in the market or he can opt out (Like Baron Davis) and take another 4-5 year contract to end his career. This is huge INCENTIVE.

The question really is if we want Bosh back making $25M. That is alot of money to be tying down to one player.
cb4_admin
Sophomore

Post#56 » by cb4_admin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:32 pm

No problem. If your not willing to spend 25m tied down, I'm sure someone else will.

Oh by the way, hows that 21 million dollar jermaine o neal contract working out for you? He's got a year left right? ahh thats right....
There There
Veteran
And1: 201

Post#57 » by There There » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:35 pm

Sign and trade won't happen.

If Bosh decides he wants to return, then the team welcomes him back. If Bosh decides he wants to go elsewhere, then we say our goodbyes and wish each other luck and the team moves on.

Unless BC gets the impression at some point this season or off season that CB is leaning towards leaving; then you start looking at the Knicks and Blazers and see if either wants the leverage of having CB under contract prior to 2010 and if so, then they need to offer something useful in return.

I'm more than confident BC will not saddle this franchise with a handful of useless contracts because CB wants to go elsewhere and get the maximum amount of money he can at the same time. Doesn't work that way.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#58 » by J-Roc » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:39 pm

I love this guy cb4_admin. I know it's you CB!!

JO is a good example of a big, who at 30yrs old, is considered washed up and nowhere near worth the dollar he makes. We're getting the best possible out of him now, and that means a guy with hardly any hops and who always looks on the edge of an injury.

Does CB want to give up $36M in the hope he'll still be considered a star at that age? If JO were a free agent right now, how much would he command?
cb4_admin
Sophomore

Post#59 » by cb4_admin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:40 pm

He doesn't have to get useless contracts, he can OBVIOUSLY get good peices, I just used those as an example as the Knicks dont have anyone now. Raptors may have a hard time signing a big name, lot of players like to avoid Canada unfortunatly.
tke_mark
Starter
And1: 5

Post#60 » by tke_mark » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:40 pm

Blah blah blah blah

If Bosh is worth the max, we will offer it to him. He'll likely take an extension next fall.

Please name the players who have turned down Max Contract extensions:

Kobe Bryant (who eventually signed with his original team)
Tim Duncan (who eventually signed with his original team)

That is all
ansoncarter
Head Coach

Post#61 » by ansoncarter » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:41 pm

cb4_admin wrote:No problem. If your not willing to spend 25m tied down, I'm sure someone else will.

Oh by the way, hows that 21 million dollar jermaine o neal contract working out for you? He's got a year left right? ahh thats right....

you run chris's website right?

what does trying to piss off his fanbase accomplish
cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 423

Post#62 » by cdel00 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:43 pm

cb4_admin wrote:No problem. If your not willing to spend 25m tied down, I'm sure someone else will.

Hadi, come now are you really displaying a professional attitude and demeanor with posts like the last few you have pecked out?

IMO, you and people 'like you' are the problem that plagues the Superstars of our generation. You cling on like parasites to a rising star while tarnishing their image that they worked their whole life to build. Please for the sake of your 'host' (Bosh) start conducting yourself with class and dignity.

Thank you and sorry for calling you like this but I simply felt compelled to respond instead of simply ignoring your juvenile posts.

There is a direct link between your posts and the boos in the ACC, you are sabotaging Chris now I COMMAND YOU to stop it!

For the rest of the readers simply ignore this clown he in no way shape or form represents Bosh who I know would be very pissed at the way this clown is representing him.
There There
Veteran
And1: 201

Post#63 » by There There » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:47 pm

cb4_admin wrote:He doesn't have to get useless contracts, he can OBVIOUSLY get good peices, I just used those as an example as the Knicks dont have anyone now. Raptors may have a hard time signing a big name, lot of players like to avoid Canada unfortunatly.

But that's the inherent issue with sign and trade and why it won't happen; any team that CB wants to sign with is not going to offer anything much more than just contracts they don't want; it's not in their interest to offer much value when CB can just sign there as he's unrestricted.

You might get one player of value included, but it would also be padded with useless contracts.

And the fact that players are less inclined to come to Canada shouldn't worry anyone here; players will go where the offer's are; and if you build a winning team, it's that much more incentive. You worry about building a winner, not who does or doesn't want to come to Canada.
Buyaka
Assistant Coach
And1: 420

Post#64 » by Buyaka » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:48 pm

If BC gets any of this talk in the off season, it's time to pull the trigger and recover some assets. Otherwise we will have a situation of either McGrady or Vince. BTW, Bron is staying in Cleveland. He will get all the endorsements from there while winning a few rings for his hometown.
cb4_admin
Sophomore

Post#65 » by cb4_admin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:51 pm

LOL I am cb4_admin. My opinions are that of a fan and do NOT represent the views of Chris Bosh.

RealGM is not Bosh's fanbase, It's much larger then a few threads on the internet.

I simply responded to a poster who said Bosh is not worth 25m per year of cap space, but how is J.O at 30 worth 42m over the next 2 years. It's a FACT, im not speaking with emotion. So before you get all rattled, READ what I wrote.

cdel00 wrote:

Hadi, come now are you really displaying a professional attitude and demeanor with posts like the last few you have pecked out?

IMO, you and people 'like you' are the problem that plagues the Superstars of our generation. You cling on like parasites to a rising star while tarnishing their image that they worked their whole life to build. Please for the sake of your 'host' (Bosh) start conducting yourself with class and dignity.

Thank you and sorry for calling you like this but I simply felt compelled to respond instead of simply ignoring your juvenile posts.

There is a direct link between your posts and the boos in the ACC, you are sabotaging Chris now I COMMAND YOU to stop it!

For the rest of the readers simply ignore this clown he in no way shape or form represents Bosh who I know would be very pissed at the way this clown is representing him.

Return to Toronto Raptors