ImageImageImageImageImage

Rank Bargs in the East

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Re: Rank Bargs in the East 

Post#41 » by Avenger » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:35 pm

SevereMagic wrote:
SuigintouEV wrote:1 Bargs
2 Dwight

though right now dwight is on a winning team so he gets all the attention. If bargs had rashard, hedo, and jameer the magic would be undefeated.

WOW I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING - THANK YOU!

dumb**** magic fans can't detect sarcasm, big surprise!
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#42 » by Avenger » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:38 pm

MEDIC wrote:Based on most people's interpretation of a "bust" on here, I would definitely say that for a #1 pick, Bogut has been a Bust. I get the feeling that anything less than 20/10 for a 1st pick big man is definitely considered a bust by most people on this board.

Sammy D. has had seasons where he has put up as good numbers as Bogut & he is far from a # 1 pick.

If I were a betting man, I would put large sums of money towards Bargs having a much better career than Bogut by the time they both retire.

I actually find it interesting that people lay off Bogut. He is a solid big man............maybe a good career if he was picked between 10th & 20th in the draft. Remember....he was a 1st pick too. Maybe people lay off because he is a "supposed" tough guy center....I find it odd...

its not just the fact that Bogut hasn't impressed all that much, they passed on an MVP candidate named Chris Paul, one of the best players of the decade. We passed on Roy, i love Brandon but he's nowhere near as good as CP3 and throw in all those knee injuries BRoy has, the bucks lost a lot by drafting CP3 compared to us
trick
Head Coach
And1: 905

Post#43 » by trick » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:59 pm

Horford, Okafor and Bogut have had more good games than Bargnani and yet some are ranking them lower...bah...

in any case, i think this is as good a thread to mention this, but Horford is the nba's next "most underrated player".
#Raptors are 7-1. In 6 of the past 10 seasons, a team that has started a season 7-1 has gone on to win an NBA championship.

— Sportsnet Ticker (@SportsnetTicker) November 12, 2014
trick
Head Coach
And1: 905

Post#44 » by trick » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:03 am

mapko81 wrote:Bargnani is more naturally talented than all of those guys except for Rasheed (who is getting up in years). Question is, do you want a talented, soft European playing with Bosh, or a tough rebounder and intimidator like Horford, Bogut or Okafor (or one can only dream Dwight Howard)? I like Bargnani, but its hard to build a winner out of two softies (Bosh and Bargs).

I think JO's play has proven that Bosh is better paired with that so-called "soft European" you mentioned. Bosh plays better with having teammates not clogging up the lane for him on the defensive end.
#Raptors are 7-1. In 6 of the past 10 seasons, a team that has started a season 7-1 has gone on to win an NBA championship.

— Sportsnet Ticker (@SportsnetTicker) November 12, 2014
Kakapato
Bench Warmer
And1: 20

Post#45 » by Kakapato » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:07 am

I was watching Sheed's stats in the last games..
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/rasheed_w ... index.html

Look how many 3p attempts. Wow!!
Duncanfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#46 » by Duncanfan » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:13 am

lol.. 5-6 good games and people are suddenly ranking him? Way to jump the gun fellas!

Remember, 6 games ago, Bargz was probably a bottom 3 centre in the east, and now suddenly, guys here are ranking him ahead of Bogut and Okafor? Delusions FTW!
sl64
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#47 » by sl64 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:45 am

^ Everyone knows that 6 games ago was Bargs NBA debut and that he's had nothing but success so far in his career. I think YOU'RE the delusional one!

Here are my rankings

1. Bargnani
[huge dropoff]
2. Howard
3. Sheed
4. Big Z
5. Bogut
Here's the thing about Chris Bosh ... If Joey Graham had longer arms, he'd be just as effective at PF." --SuigintouEV
D22
Banned User

Post#48 » by D22 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:56 am

lol if he keeps playing like he is right now shooting 60% from 3 haha.. he's top 3. how can he not be?

I'll give him top 5 right now, if he pulls his testiest closer
together for a few more boards and starts to hover around
10. He's top 3 no doubt. Big Z -- would tie him with bargs of now.
appel
Banned User

Post#49 » by appel » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:10 pm

CalderonFTW wrote:Rank him amongst other East Centers...Of course at the level he has been playing and assuming he can keep this up.

Mine is something like this...

Howard
Big Z
Sheed
Bogut
Bargs
Emeka (more of a PF)
Sammy D.
Horford
JO

You can believe or not

Just read on a italian forum (!!!)

A old user ( supposed expert ) told "Bargnani can't start in 80% of NBA's team" :roll:
Somebody ask why not in Miami .. "No, in Miami he can't" (i wanna know who can't start in Miami )

The better answer was on Milwaukee
"He can't start in Milwaukee, in Milwaukee the starter is Villanueva"

Well, very supposed expert, he do'nt know that Villanueva isn't a starter actually...

Well, we have some idiot in Italy too

Return to Toronto Raptors