ImageImageImageImageImage

O'Neal-Miami trade Rumour (Disappointing Update Pg8)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

NBA48mins
Pro Prospect
And1: 792

Re: O'Neal to Miami trade Rumour thread 

Post#61 » by NBA48mins » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:53 am

damnit i want this trade.....!
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,198

Re: O'Neal to Miami trade Rumour thread (JO Interview page 4) 

Post#62 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:08 am

Thanks for posting the interview.
beno
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: O'Neal to Miami trade Rumour (JO Interview page 4) 

Post#63 » by beno » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:57 am

Yea were not gonna get anything concrete from Colangelo :(
I hate his poker face =_="
-------------
i won't be surprised if something comes out of the blue.
Ill
RealGM
And1: 1,275

Post#64 » by Ill » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:03 am

no matter what happens, I think JO has been extremely professional throughout this, even in this interview, he's nothing but class...it's a real shame that it hasn't been able to work out :(
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,198

Post#65 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:47 pm

Ill wrote:no matter what happens, I think JO has been extremely professional throughout this, even in this interview, he's nothing but class...it's a real shame that it hasn't been able to work out :(

Very true, he's been classy from the start.

Pity the boo-birds at the ACC won't remember this.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#66 » by YogiStewart » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:14 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:
Ill wrote:no matter what happens, I think JO has been extremely professional throughout this, even in this interview, he's nothing but class...it's a real shame that it hasn't been able to work out :(

Very true, he's been classy from the start.

Pity the boo-birds at the ACC won't remember this.

sometimes classy just doesn't cut it.

i'll remember his injuries and how he didn't really contribute to the team's success. not necessarily a knock against him, but it was a knock against the JO experiment.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#67 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:36 pm

One of the hardest things for fans (and journalists, for that matter) to understand during the trade deadline frenzy is what an NBA executive means when he says a certain player is not on the block. Part of the drama stems from the high number of times we've seen a player traded within hours of his team's GM saying he wouldn't be traded. It's almost like the kiss of death, it seems. If you hear your GM say you're not on the block you would do well to pack a bag or two just in case.

Found that today on hoopsworld just for all these BC saying no deals till deadline and Riley saying deal is not close
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
turner10
Pro Prospect
And1: 59

Post#68 » by turner10 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:39 pm

ya i thot the deal would be made official today..we'll see if JO plays tomorrow since he says he is going to be playing
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#69 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:41 pm

me too but im assuming their is uncertainty on rileys part with JO's Knee. He says hes 100% playing tomorrow so maybe after tomorrows game, if marion sits out again theres a good chance the deal happens. They may just sit marion out to make sure he doesnt get injured while watching JO play
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
turner10
Pro Prospect

Post#70 » by turner10 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:45 pm

they can't really do that tho can they..if they are both being discussed in a deal then both the players have to sit out dont they? I duno i hope I wake up tomorro to see that the deal is completed aha but ya if Jermaine isn't playing tomorro night then obviously he is going to be traded i think..and if marion sits too.
Condi Rice
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#71 » by Condi Rice » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:46 pm

JO sounding like its a done deal when he proves he can play. YAY
[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Post#72 » by [SJJ] » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:46 pm

I know i'm pathetic... but dammit get this deal done already, its killing me...
turner10
Pro Prospect

Post#73 » by turner10 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:48 pm

its killin me too dude aha..its just really weird that they both sat out sunday night..i thot for sure there would be a completed deal by now..
KG1585
Head Coach
And1: 248

Post#74 » by KG1585 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:48 pm

If nothing happens tomorrow, I guess we will know that the O'neal and Marion injuries are legit.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#75 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:49 pm

im not sure how it works but i think it can work if JO plays and marion sits out with another "groin strain" THe deal could be consummated thursday i believe. Im not sure how it works though someone else would be better off explaining it
turner10
Pro Prospect

Post#76 » by turner10 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:50 pm

ya maybe dude..not sure
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#77 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:58 pm

yeah turner10, my best guess is the deal is agreed to principal but might take a few days to finally happen my best guess is thursday or friday. The heat dont play till saturday after tomorrow so it would make sense for JO to play to games (wensday, friday) before he is traded but it will leave the raptors against the bulls without Jo but with calderon which i think we come out with the win. Miami on saturday would play the magic with Howard playing he would eat up anthony so im assuming by then the deal will be done to have JO ready for that game. They play boston tomorrow without perkins so i think they will be ok during that game. My thinking is they let JO get the rust off by playing a couple games then hes ready for against the magic, its pretty smart on the heats part. I dont think we need JO for the bulls i know we lost last time but add Jose's offense it might be good. Also factor in if that deal is announced during the day it might energize the toronto team
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#78 » by J-Roc » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:05 am

It's funny how a couple of the most articulate NBAers came straight from highschool. JO is one. Kobe is another. Even T-Mac is decent in interviews,
turner10
Pro Prospect

Post#79 » by turner10 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:09 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:yeah turner10, my best guess is the deal is agreed to principal but might take a few days to finally happen my best guess is thursday or friday. The heat dont play till saturday after tomorrow so it would make sense for JO to play to games (wensday, friday) before he is traded but it will leave the raptors against the bulls without Jo but with calderon which i think we come out with the win. Miami on saturday would play the magic with Howard playing he would eat up anthony so im assuming by then the deal will be done to have JO ready for that game. They play boston tomorrow without perkins so i think they will be ok during that game. My thinking is they let JO get the rust off by playing a couple games then hes ready for against the magic, its pretty smart on the heats part. I dont think we need JO for the bulls i know we lost last time but add Jose's offense it might be good. Also factor in if that deal is announced during the day it might energize the toronto team

ya solid theory man aha...we will see tomorro..JO says he is definately going to be playing and if he doesn't then i expect a trade soon..but Riley did say he wants to see JO play and prove he is healthy before pullin the trigger so its all up in the air.
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#80 » by miamiballer » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:29 am

take it for what its worth, but eric pincus of hoopsworld in a chat said that the raptors told hoopsworld that they werent trading JO this season

i do hope the trade goes through though

my guess is that the deal gets consummated in a week to 2 weeks after riley feels comfortable w/ JO

Return to Toronto Raptors