ImageImageImageImageImage

SAS: CB4 told BC he's not re-signing, BC refutes pg 34

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Koosh
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Bosh told Colangelo he's not re-signing 

Post#101 » by Koosh » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:47 am

I would do that in a second but I don't see Portland doing it. I would do Bosh for Aldridge and Fernandez alone.
KSR
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#102 » by KSR » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:50 am

Koosh wrote:You think that's a bad trade for us?

Ofcourse its a bad trade. I dont think Marion would fit in our system, and the guy is an expiring contract, and he might not re-sign, and you never know what u get with Beasley, this guy is a rookie and has played decent this season, but when i watch him play he doesnt look like a superstar talent to me, not to mention he's a tweener. When your trading a guy like Bosh you gota get a good young talented player or two in return or atleast a couple of draft picks. This is not JO we're trading, its Bosh.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 756

Post#103 » by Hold That » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:51 am

Bulls would give you our entire team but Rose.

Bosh for Gordon,Deng,Tyrus, and Noah
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#104 » by Volcano » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:53 am

Koosh wrote:Bosh and Kapono for Marion and Beasley should work. I dunno if the heat would do this but if they want to have Wade and Bosh on the same team (which could be a deadly combo) they'd have to give us more than just Marion. This would be a pretty sweet deal for us too.

Trading for Marion should be considered as trading for an expiring. So it's almost like Bosh for Beasley..I'd ask for draft picks in return
Tri_N
Banned User

Post#105 » by Tri_N » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:54 am

Bosh and fillers for Gordon, Deng, Hinrich, Tyrus, and Noah.
jot
Starter

Post#106 » by jot » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:57 am

quite frankly, Bosh hasn't been all that impressive. his defense is below average, and cannot take over 4th quarters. he lack toughness, and his leadership this year has been abysmal and that may in fact be
an understatement.
as long as he give us 3-4 teams to trade him to we may indeed count this as a blessing in disguise.
after his youtube forway, his head has clearly over inflated. over rated, over paid and over stayed his welcome.
Bargnani plays bigger, probably would like to sign long term and will improve going forward.

mr. sam smith, thanks for the news, its good news.

get er' done BC!!!
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#107 » by Volcano » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:57 am

Tri_N wrote:Bosh and fillers for Gordon, Deng, Hinrich, Tyrus, and Noah.

fillers being Kapono, Humphries and Soloman
Koosh
Banned User

Post#108 » by Koosh » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:58 am

Volcano wrote:
Koosh wrote:Bosh and Kapono for Marion and Beasley should work. I dunno if the heat would do this but if they want to have Wade and Bosh on the same team (which could be a deadly combo) they'd have to give us more than just Marion. This would be a pretty sweet deal for us too.

Trading for Marion should be considered as trading for an expiring. So it's almost like Bosh for Beasley..I'd ask for draft picks in return

Bosh and Beasley's contracts don't match so I was thinking throwing in Kapono for Marion and of course picks would have to come back as well. This way we get rid of Kapono's contract, we get a draft pick and we have cap space this summer assuming Marion doesn't resign. We'd still have JO's contract to move too.
Tri_N
Banned User

Post#109 » by Tri_N » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:59 am

Volcano wrote:
Tri_N wrote:Bosh and fillers for Gordon, Deng, Hinrich, Tyrus, and Noah.

fillers being Kapono, Humphries and Soloman

Done deal. You call up your GM and I will try to hunt down Paxson.
ballboy_forever
Freshman

Post#110 » by ballboy_forever » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:59 am

Bosh and Kapono

for

Beasley, Marion and Cook

would work well and be good value.

Good young nucleus of Calderon, Cook, Beasley and Bargnani. And why wouldn't Miami trade Beasley if he plays the same position as Bosh.

Another possibility:

Toronto Trades:

Bosh, JO and Kapono

New York Trades:

Lee, Harrington, Gallinari and Marbury (bought out).
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#111 » by bullzman23 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:00 am

AOC wrote:[

Like Jason Kidd?

Revisionist history. Stephon Marbury was considered pretty damn good value back then.

And Bulls fans, stop embarrassing yourselves. Why are you offering Gordon when you know that he has to approve any offer, which he won't since he'll lose his bird rights. You guys are too big of fans to make that mistake.
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
Koosh
Banned User

Post#112 » by Koosh » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:01 am

Amare and Barbosa for Bosh and Kapono.

These trades all seem possible so why is it such a bad idea to trade Bosh again?
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#113 » by Mustard_Tiger » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:04 am

Poohdini wrote:Bulls would give you our entire team but Rose.

Bosh for Gordon,Deng,Tyrus, and Noah

So we can replace our mediocre players with your mediocre players? I think the Raptors will pass on that.
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,197

Post#114 » by gerrit4 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:06 am

If this is true, I think it's a classy move on Bosh's part (not as classy as staying but pretty good).
Dayne
Sophomore

Post#115 » by Dayne » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:13 am

I'd actually approve of a Beasely, Marion, and 1st round pick trade for Bosh and Kapono IF Bosh had no intention of resigning.

I'd keep JO around in that case as a hybrid center/PF. A front court of Bargs, Beasely, and JO would be decent. But the more important thing is we would have lots cap space this summer and even more in 2010.
RaZA
Freshman

Post#116 » by RaZA » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:13 am

I don't understand why people on this board is underestimating Beasley so much. He only turned 20 a few weeks ago, was drafted #2 overall (arguably could've been #1) and putting up around 13 and 6 off the bench for Miami. His stats are better compared to Bosh's first season and is projected to be a 20+ pt and 10rb player in a few years. If you could get Marion+Beasely and possibly some draft picks for Bosh then you take the deal and run. If Bosh doesn't want to be here then trade him outta town. After watching Bosh this season it is pretty clear that we are not going to win with him and something needs to be done. It's time for a major shake up and hopefully BC does a trade of this magnitude.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#117 » by sh00n » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:17 am

Man, Miami has nothing to offer for Bosh besides Wade. Nothing.

Only way I trade Bosh is if Rose, OJ, or a sick package from a contender comes back our way.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
inrapscity
General Manager
And1: 62

Post#118 » by inrapscity » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:20 am

wow. though i hate how bosh has been playing SAS is a douche. you don't say **** like this. bosh better come out and straighten this out coz it's f'ed up. SAS should get fined for this.
orangutooth
Sixth Man
And1: 101

Post#119 » by orangutooth » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:20 am

dallas and miami are the two teams he listed.

beasley + a 1st round pick + marion for bosh and kapono is a very fair deal and i'd do it. i don't really like beasley much but basically you get the first overall pick in last years draft, no bad contracts and another first round pick. that's not a bad deal for a guy who could end up just netting 0 return whatsoever.

you also have to realize that the best idea is to trade bosh to a team where he might stay. that team would gain an advantage in signing bosh in 2010. if miami got bosh now they would have a definite advantage over new york in 2010 since they could just pay both bosh and wade the max rather than have bosh and wade take 30 million less to go to new york, especially if the players' whole reason for going to ny is to play with another superstar.

you'd also think dallas is another place where bosh would want to stay.

if i had to think up a dallas trade... yeah dallas really has nobody worthwhile. their roster is far too old. they'd have to be willing to give up 3 or 4 first round picks to even get the discussion started and i think they gave up a bunch of those in order to give away devin harris...
Sam wasn't the solution, but he wasn't the problem either
- Harry Palmer
AOC
Junior
And1: 8

Post#120 » by AOC » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:21 am

bullzman23 wrote:
AOC wrote:[

Like Jason Kidd?

Revisionist history. Stephon Marbury was considered pretty damn good value back then.

Everything is revisionist history. Marbury was good, but he wasn't Jason Kidd good. If Marbury was that good Colangelo wouldn't have had to pawn him off a few seasons later, and he was only able to do that because Isiah still had a job as GM.

Return to Toronto Raptors