ImageImageImageImageImage

SAS: CB4 told BC he's not re-signing, BC refutes pg 34

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

RaZA
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Bosh told Colangelo he's not re-signing 

Post#121 » by RaZA » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:21 am

sh00n wrote:Man, Miami has nothing to offer for Bosh besides Wade. Nothing.

Only way I trade Bosh is if Rose, OJ, or a sick package from a contender comes back our way.

Have you ever seen Beasley play in college or in the NBA? This kids gonna be just as good as Bosh in a couple of years. If BC trades Bosh he's going to be looking for some young players to build around anyways.
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#122 » by microfib4thewin » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:22 am

Most of the demands here are highly unrealistic. Teams aren't going to trade their allstar/young studs away to make the value equal. You never trade stars away unless you have to, and by then you can never hope to get similar value.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,509

Post#123 » by dagger » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:22 am

Only way I trade Bosh is if Rose, OJ, or a sick package from a contender comes back our way.

Sorry, bud, I've been through the Damon and McGrady and Vince sagas, and if you think some sick package is coming, you're going to be very disappointed. And Beasley has a chance to be a really good player. After a slow start, he's starting to click in double doubles the past couple of weeks and he's beginning to get at least an inkling of understanding about defence.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
dagger
RealGM

Post#124 » by dagger » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:23 am

microfib4thewin wrote:Most of the demands here are highly unrealistic. Teams aren't going to trade their allstar/young studs away to make the value equal. You never trade stars away unless you have to, and by then you can never hope to get similar value.

Generally, you won't get a fully formed star, but you can aspire to a top prospect. Remember SAR for Gasol when Pau was third overall pick? That's the kind of deal that is likely, plus cap relief.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#125 » by Wade2k6 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:24 am

When players demand trades or tell their GMs that they aren't going to resign (like reports are saying) the players value significantly drops. The Raps aren't going to get Rose for Bosh. I would seriously doubt that either team would trade their young rookies for Bosh..
orangutooth
Sixth Man
And1: 101

Post#126 » by orangutooth » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:25 am

is it still possible that beasley could play the 3 in the nba or did that experiment already fail?
Sam wasn't the solution, but he wasn't the problem either
- Harry Palmer
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#127 » by sh00n » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:25 am

dagger wrote:

Sorry, bud, I've been through the Damon and McGrady and Vince sagas, and if you think some sick package is coming, you're going to be very disappointed. And Beasley has a chance to be a really good player. After a slow start, he's starting to click in double doubles the past couple of weeks and he's beginning to get at least an inkling of understanding about defence.

I'd love Beasley, but I wouldn't give Bosh alone for him.

If we think Bosh doesn't care some times, I'd love to see this forum if we had Beasley. Kid needs to grow up before he can do serious damage in the league. Until then he'll be Carmelo lite on offense with better rebounding.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
orangutooth
Sixth Man
And1: 101

Post#128 » by orangutooth » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:27 am

i don't really think you can trade bosh to a loser team and get any kind of value. why would teams like memphis and sacramento trade for bosh when they could lose him in a couple years?

i think if you are looking to get fair value for bosh you have to look at winning teams. you either want to look at teams whose status might be raised to contender if they add bosh or teams where bosh might possibly want to stay.
Sam wasn't the solution, but he wasn't the problem either
- Harry Palmer
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#129 » by microfib4thewin » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:28 am

sh00n wrote:
dagger wrote:

I'd love Beasley, but I wouldn't give Bosh alone for him.

If we think Bosh doesn't care some times, I'd love to see this forum if we had Beasley. Kid needs to grow up before he can do serious damage in the league. Until then he'll be Carmelo lite on offense with better rebounding.

The difference is, if the trade does go down, then they're officially rebuilding. No one would yell at any players because they have no expectation.
Koosh
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#130 » by Koosh » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:28 am

Do you think Dallas would trade Dirk for Bosh?
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#131 » by bullzman23 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:29 am

AOC wrote:
bullzman23 wrote:
AOC wrote:[

Like Jason Kidd?

Revisionist history. Stephon Marbury was considered pretty damn good value back then.

Everything is revisionist history. Marbury was good, but he wasn't Jason Kidd good. If Marbury was that good Colangelo wouldn't have had to pawn him off a few seasons later, and he was only able to do that because Isiah still had a job as GM.

But that completely destroys the point you were trying to make. You were trying to argue that Colangelo couldn't get much for Kidd...well, Marbury was a young all-star point guard that seemed destined for great success. What Marbury became in the end is completely irrelevant here.

Also, the Knicks trade wasn't even considered good by most people at the time. NY media and people around the NBA were giving Isiah all the credit for acquiring Marbury for expiring contracts. BC was the one who was smart enough to know that he needed capspace to retool, and he converted that money into a two time MVP, who btw was a guy that most people at the time thought was severely overpaid.
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
Wade2k6
RealGM

Post#132 » by Wade2k6 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:30 am

orangutooth wrote:is it still possible that beasley could play the 3 in the nba or did that experiment already fail?

He hasn't played SF all year. He is a PF.
Cyrus
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 3,487

Post#133 » by Cyrus » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:32 am

dagger wrote:

Beasely, is undersized, not really a 4, and definitely not a 3. While young, and nice, he's nice like Bargs, not something that can be really something, if you know what i mean. When you look at his draft class, they'll be 4-5 players better than with ease, if not already...
dagger
RealGM

Post#134 » by dagger » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:34 am

Wade2k6 wrote: I would seriously doubt that either team would trade their young rookies for Bosh..

There you are flat out wrong.

Here's why. We all know a lot of teams will have cap space in 2010. We also know that at the end of the day, teams aren't going to let their top stars go just like that. History shows that most stars don't switch teams. So, if you are Miami, do you not make a rich offer and risk getting nobody to play up front with D-Wade? If you can beat out New York, Detroit, Cleveland, Dallas and possibly others who want Bosh, you do it, otherwise your cap space might get you a couple of middle of the road free agents while Bosh joins LBJ in New York and wins five championships. That's what's going to go through Pat Riley's head. A version of that is going to run through Donnie Walsh's head. What if he can get Bosh FIRST!. How much more likely does that make LBJ's signing with the Knicks?

Because Bosh is the most likely to move, there is a competition for him. Any time you have three or four teams thinking Bosh is the missing link to a title with James, or Wade, or Dirk, or Johnson, or Yao, you have to get in there because if he's not your missing link, and he becomes another team's missing link, you could end up having missed the deal of century.
Lockdown
RealGM
And1: 1,499

Post#135 » by Lockdown » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:35 am

Koosh wrote:Do you think Dallas would trade Dirk for Bosh?

Do you think Colangelo would?
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 586

Post#136 » by timdunkit » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:42 am

orangutooth wrote:i don't really think you can trade bosh to a loser team and get any kind of value. why would teams like memphis and sacramento trade for bosh when they could lose him in a couple years?

i think if you are looking to get fair value for bosh you have to look at winning teams. you either want to look at teams whose status might be raised to contender if they add bosh or teams where bosh might possibly want to stay.

Portland is my best bet considering they will start with a package of Aldridge and either Rudy or Bayless ...Aldridge might be CB4 lite but heck we get more pieces and some young guns ... Then we can trade JO for expirings (Marbury or Shawn Marion) and Jose for draft picks or a young pg who might be unproven (like Mike Conely? can he play defense? or well has the potential). You can then try to draft a SG or SF or make a run at Marvin Williams (young guy has potential) or save the capspace till next year in 2010 and try to add someone to your core.

This would work because the contract extention Aldridge would get in 2010 would be around 10-11 mill whereas CB4 in 2010 would have a cap hold of 19 mill ... replacing Jose with a cheaper option would also free up some cap room and so yea its possible ....
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#137 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:42 am

This is terrible news if true - but Marion & Beasley for Bosh & Kapono is probably the best deal that Toronto could get from Miami
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
traps#10
Head Coach
And1: 8,364

Post#138 » by traps#10 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:43 am

kinda funny that Steven A. Smith would announce the Bosh rumor right after a Raptors lost...

BTW, does anyone know what other rumors Steven A. Smith said in the past that did not pan out?
ilikecb4
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#139 » by ilikecb4 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:43 am

I think Bosh is really fed up having to play with **** wing players who can't do anything

Kaponos, Parkers, Jamarios, Joeys, etc.

I honestly don't think he wants to play with Bargniani either

so if we can trade Bargniani for a good wing, unload JO for somethign like Marion

and have a good young team maybe

Honestly, we have legit starters on this roster

Jose, Bosh and JO. The rest of the players are bench players.
Wade2k6
RealGM

Post#140 » by Wade2k6 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 1:45 am

dagger wrote:
Wade2k6 wrote: I would seriously doubt that either team would trade their young rookies for Bosh..

There you are flat out wrong.

Here's why. We all know a lot of teams will have cap space in 2010. We also know that at the end of the day, teams aren't going to let their top stars go just like that. History shows that most stars don't switch teams. So, if you are Miami, do you not make a rich offer and risk getting nobody to play up front with D-Wade? If you can beat out New York, Detroit, Cleveland, Dallas and possibly others who want Bosh, you do it, otherwise your cap space might get you a couple of middle of the road free agents while Bosh joins LBJ in New York and wins five championships. That's what's going to go through Pat Riley's head. A version of that is going to run through Donnie Walsh's head. What if he can get Bosh FIRST!. How much more likely does that make LBJ's signing with the Knicks?

Because Bosh is the most likely to move, there is a competition for him. Any time you have three or four teams thinking Bosh is the missing link to a title with James, or Wade, or Dirk, or Johnson, or Yao, you have to get in there because if he's not your missing link, and he becomes another team's missing link, you could end up having missed the deal of century.

In a scenario (like Memphis, Chicago which i was referring to) where a team is not in a win-now mode and are looking to stockpile young talent, they usually aren't going to trade their young talent. In Memphis case, I don't see Bosh re-signing there, and that would be a big concern for Memphis' GM if TOR offered Bosh for Mayo. Same with Chicago, Chicago is in a position where they have the most important position in the game filled for the next 10+ years, they aren't going to give that up easily.

I agree with a team like MIA to a point. Not only does Beas play the same spot as Bosh (which Bosh would cover the spot Beasley played) but he is still young as well. He would be a great fit with Wade, and he would give Wade another reason to stay (and Wade would give Bosh a reason to stay in MIA). They would be a great 1-2 combo, and if they still had capspace in 2010 (not sure about the cap situation if they traded for and re-signed Bosh+Wade), could really become contenders with a mid-top tier SF or C.

Return to Toronto Raptors