ImageImageImageImageImage

SAS: CB4 told BC he's not re-signing, BC refutes pg 34

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Boner Champ
Bench Warmer
And1: 8

Re: Stephen A. Smith?? 

Post#21 » by Boner Champ » Sun Feb 1, 2009 8:28 pm

Fast_Feets wrote:Beasly is garbage. He is a 4 that does not have the athleticism to play the position. He is more of a smooth player and in college just used his size to bully his way around.

If bosh needs to go. send him out west. I wouldn't leave him in the East. AT least he won't have an easy path to the playoffs with the heavy competition in the West.

I would say if the raps could trade for OJ Mayo and Gay from the Griz it would be pretty good.

You would have

Calderon
Mayo
Gay
Bargs
JO

Bosh is smart. We know that he is going to evaluate everything. I just don't think he is worth the amount of money that Wade, Lebron will get. And if the raps do give him that amount of money the team will be out of resources to fill a team and be left with nothing in the mold of the KG Wolves.

Why do Memphis trades always come up here? Do you think the Grizz would really trade for Bosh and lose him in two years? If they were to keep able to keep him, don't you think that the notoriously cheap franchise would rather keep players on their rookie contracts longer?

That's why trading partners are probably limited not only to teams with young talent but also those markets that can benefit from him long-term like Miami, Chicago, etc...
Jounster
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Jounster » Sun Feb 1, 2009 8:29 pm

miami has nothing to give thtas good value for bosh, because obviously they wont give up wade,

and no, beasley and a mid-late 1st rounder doesnt even come close to cutting it
brownballer
Junior
And1: 1

Post#23 » by brownballer » Sun Feb 1, 2009 8:31 pm

TdotRaps09 wrote:He was just on ESPN news and they were talking about trade rumors with the deadline coming up. First guy he says is Bosh and that he "has already informed toronto that he has no intention of resigning." He also said that its Bosh and not JO that the heat are really after. I thought this was interesting considering this is the first ive heard anything like this.

and Charlie V was the worst pick ever
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#24 » by Phenomenologist » Sun Feb 1, 2009 8:36 pm

basketball royalty wrote:No chance. If its Bosh the Heat don't have enough to get a deal done. Hopefully, he will be traded for Amare.

That would be awful. Seriously. Amare is a much worse individual player then Bosh is; specifically, he's a mediocre ball-handler who's not adept at creating his own shot. Yes, he's money rolling to the basket and even money-er finishing, plus he's a very good midrange shooter off of pick and pops. But, in terms of actually generating his own offense, he's pretty pedestrian. Factor in that he's 2 years older, has had microfracture surgery, that he's an even less inspired defender then Bosh, and that he's the owner of a highly questionable attitude, and I couldn't think of a worse fit. Calderon and Amare would be an awful combo, and that trade would be totally non-sensical.

The only Bosh trade I could see being beneficial to us is a deal involving Portland (with Oden, Rudy F, etc.). Otherwise, we're better off trying to sign and trade him in the 2010 offseason (or sooner; what are the rules surrounding extending a guy and then trading him?)
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#25 » by dagger » Sun Feb 1, 2009 8:39 pm

Jounster wrote:miami has nothing to give thtas good value for bosh, because obviously they wont give up wade,

I think you have to understand that he is a depressed value to some degree because if you trade him to a place where he wouldn't want to re-sign, you'll get little. And so you are only dealing with a handful of teams and they are unlikely to give you 100% value.

What we consider fair is not what the Raptors are going to be offered.

I think Beasley and a first might have to do if we also used the trade to move Kapono for cap space. In other words, the trade would be Bosh+Kapono for Beasley+Marion+1st. That would give us about $16 million in cap space. Trade JON for cap space, and we could have a lot of flexibility to do trades or add free agents.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
dirtybird
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#26 » by dirtybird » Sun Feb 1, 2009 8:39 pm

TdotRaps09 wrote:He was just on ESPN news and they were talking about trade rumors with the deadline coming up. First guy he says is Bosh and that he "has already informed toronto that he has no intention of resigning." He also said that its Bosh and not JO that the heat are really after. I thought this was interesting considering this is the first ive heard anything like this. Any thoughts?

Why would Bosh resign? He's only 24. The guy has a lot of ball left to play.
RapsVC15
RealGM
And1: 424

Post#27 » by RapsVC15 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 8:44 pm

If we're ever going to trade Bosh (which is highly, highly unlikely) I'd rather trade him for a legitimate 5 allowing Andrea to move to his natural 4 spot.
Local_NG_Idiot
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#28 » by Local_NG_Idiot » Sun Feb 1, 2009 8:46 pm

dagger wrote:
Jounster wrote:miami has nothing to give thtas good value for bosh, because obviously they wont give up wade,

I think you have to understand that he is a depressed value to some degree because if you trade him to a place where he wouldn't want to re-sign, you'll get little. And so you are only dealing with a handful of teams and they are unlikely to give you 100% value.

I don't think it's BC's style to give up an all-star player of Bosh's caliber for potential and hope. His previous years he's always done the asset for asset type deals and if he is put in a situation where he has to move Bosh, I don't see it for a rookie tweener and a mid-first.

I actually think Washington is a team that would look to aquire Bosh and put him beside Arenas while attempting to dump Jamison in return. Not sure what peices BC would ask for in return for such a deal, but it might make sense.

Another team would be Utah, where you would look at aquiring Boozer, a young wing and NYK 2010 1st for Bosh, which puts Utah back in the hunt right now.
Boner Champ
Bench Warmer

Post#29 » by Boner Champ » Sun Feb 1, 2009 8:49 pm

TJ11 wrote:If we're ever going to trade Bosh (which is highly, highly unlikely) I'd rather trade him for a legitimate 5 allowing Andrea to move to his natural 4 spot.

The trade I'd like to see the most is Bosh for Oden & Lafrentz. Really hard to see if both teams would bite on this kind of deal where their true value (esp. Oden's) is difficult to determine, but with Roy and Bosh, Portland could make a serious push this year, especially if Bynum is out for a while.
cram
Head Coach
And1: 1,699

Post#30 » by cram » Sun Feb 1, 2009 8:51 pm

Bosh for Oden and Rudy (portland COULD resign him).
JO for Szerbiak, or Marbury (for cap space)

Calderon
Rudy
Marion
Bargs
Oden

And hopefully a great pick
Boner Champ
Bench Warmer

Post#31 » by Boner Champ » Sun Feb 1, 2009 8:51 pm

Local_NG_Idiot wrote:
dagger wrote:

I don't think it's BC's style to give up an all-star player of Bosh's caliber for potential and hope. His previous years he's always done the asset for asset type deals and if he is put in a situation where he has to move Bosh, I don't see it for a rookie tweener and a mid-first.

I actually think Washington is a team that would look to aquire Bosh and put him beside Arenas while attempting to dump Jamison in return. Not sure what peices BC would ask for in return for such a deal, but it might make sense.

Another team would be Utah, where you would look at aquiring Boozer, a young wing and NYK 2010 1st for Bosh, which puts Utah back in the hunt right now.

For Millsap, maybe, as he could probably be re-signed this offseason for a reasonable deal and grow together with Bargnani, but Boozer would probably just bolt in the offseason for Detroit, Miami or whoever else and is just a downgrade from Bosh anyway.
gangstaff
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#32 » by gangstaff » Sun Feb 1, 2009 8:56 pm

SAS is a moron. I don't believe anything Raps related coming out of his mouth.

Having said that, trading our best player for crap and building around Bargs whose string of best games doesn't even equal Bosh's career averages is pretty (Please Use More Appropriate Word).
Mr. Perfect
Analyst
And1: 1,275

Post#33 » by Mr. Perfect » Sun Feb 1, 2009 8:59 pm

TJ11 wrote:If we're ever going to trade Bosh (which is highly, highly unlikely) I'd rather trade him for a legitimate 5 allowing Andrea to move to his natural 4 spot.

Exactly. If LA or Portland calls with offers of Bynum or Oden then I'd start listening.
Local_NG_Idiot
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#34 » by Local_NG_Idiot » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:10 pm

Stalker wrote:For Millsap, maybe, as he could probably be re-signed this offseason for a reasonable deal and grow together with Bargnani, but Boozer would probably just bolt in the offseason for Detroit, Miami or whoever else and is just a downgrade from Bosh anyway.

Millsap doesn't carry the salary to make it work. Boozer is not a downgrade from Bosh. He is a completely different type of big man. He is a TRUE bruiser, post defender and rebounder. If you are going to have Bargs on the floor, you need a Boozer type big to compliment him.

If he walks then you have capspace this summer to go after whatever FAs you were going to if Marion walked as well, BUT, you still have an athletic wing (Brewer, CJ Miles...) and NYK 2010 first in the deal. So Bosh turns into capspace for an FA this summer (if Boozer doesn't re-up), a defensive athletic wing, and a high 2010 unprotected draft pick.

I don't know if Utah would give up that much for Bosh, but that's what I'd be asking for.
Silver Bullet
General Manager

Post#35 » by Silver Bullet » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:13 pm

Fast_Feets wrote:Beasly is garbage. He is a 4 that does not have the athleticism to play the position. He is more of a smooth player and in college just used his size to bully his way around.

If bosh needs to go. send him out west. I wouldn't leave him in the East. AT least he won't have an easy path to the playoffs with the heavy competition in the West.

I would say if the raps could trade for OJ Mayo and Gay from the Griz it would be pretty good.

You would have

Calderon
Mayo
Gay
Bargs
JO

Bosh is smart. We know that he is going to evaluate everything. I just don't think he is worth the amount of money that Wade, Lebron will get. And if the raps do give him that amount of money the team will be out of resources to fill a team and be left with nothing in the mold of the KG Wolves.

You are insane if you think Memphis would give up both Mayo and Gay for Bosh.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#36 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:15 pm

If he made that Statement on ESPN, BC is forced to respond. This is not a statement about the future, it's a statement that this happened. SAS, if this is not true, brings a lot of heat on ESPN. If BC does not respond to it, which really hurts his leverage, I would then think it might be true, and BC jsut does not want any attention to be paid to it.

There are lots of Good Bosh trace scenario's, I'm not worried if he goes East or West. I think we'd get more through a team like Portland, Miami, or New York, who feel they have a chance to resign him.
Silver Bullet
General Manager

Post#37 » by Silver Bullet » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:16 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:

Exactly. If LA or Portland calls with offers of Bynum or Oden then I'd start listening.

Well, they won't.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,528
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#38 » by will » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:17 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:

:lol: You wish buddy.

The Blazers and Lakers wouldn't do that.
Natural11
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#39 » by Natural11 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:18 pm

Trade Bargs, not Bosh.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,561

Post#40 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:18 pm

Smith is a moron. The only player Miami could give us is Wade in a deal for Bosh.

Return to Toronto Raptors