ImageImageImageImageImage

SAS: CB4 told BC he's not re-signing, BC refutes pg 34

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Fast_Feets
Starter
And1: 359

Re: Stephen A. Smith?? 

Post#41 » by Fast_Feets » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:18 pm

BTW has anyone confirmed that comment by SAS or have a recording of it?
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,556

Post#42 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:19 pm

Fast_Feets wrote:BTW has anyone confirmed that comment by SAS or have a recording of it?

Who cares? It's just as stupid even if it is confirmed.
Fast_Feets
Starter

Post#43 » by Fast_Feets » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:26 pm

The issue is, even if the guy is garbage he is reporting it as "FACT" if it was just a rumor or a suggestion on his part then it would be nothing to think about.

IF Bosh has indeed handed in his resignations then there should be interesting scenarios the rabid fans on realgm can think about.

I do think bosh is a great player. One issue i have with him is that for a guy who gets the ball so much is his lack of passing skills.

Perhaps its a due in part to a lack of cutters, the system (not opening up plays for shooters) and player mindset but it doesn't happen enough. It doesn't feel like he gets his teammates going enough and just puts up the stats as per usual 20/10 but then what?
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#44 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:32 pm

I predict a Pheonix deal
KingstonRaptors
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#45 » by KingstonRaptors » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:33 pm

Fast_Feets wrote:Beasly is garbage. He is a 4 that does not have the athleticism to play the position. He is more of a smooth player and in college just used his size to bully his way around.

If bosh needs to go. send him out west. I wouldn't leave him in the East. AT least he won't have an easy path to the playoffs with the heavy competition in the West.

I would say if the raps could trade for OJ Mayo and Gay from the Griz it would be pretty good.

You would have

Calderon
Mayo
Gay
Bargs
JO

Bosh is smart. We know that he is going to evaluate everything. I just don't think he is worth the amount of money that Wade, Lebron will get. And if the raps do give him that amount of money the team will be out of resources to fill a team and be left with nothing in the mold of the KG Wolves.

Why the F would Memphis do that? Trade away two corner stones of your franchise for one?
Credit to triplemke23 for the sig.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM

Post#46 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:35 pm

Fast_Feets wrote:The issue is, even if the guy is garbage he is reporting it as "FACT" if it was just a rumor or a suggestion on his part then it would be nothing to think about.

IF Bosh has indeed handed in his resignations then there should be interesting scenarios the rabid fans on realgm can think about.

I do think bosh is a great player. One issue i have with him is that for a guy who gets the ball so much is his lack of passing skills.

Perhaps its a due in part to a lack of cutters, the system (not opening up plays for shooters) and player mindset but it doesn't happen enough. It doesn't feel like he gets his teammates going enough and just puts up the stats as per usual 20/10 but then what?

CB has earned to have a say where he goes, so if he goes it won't be memphis.
RapsVC15
RealGM
And1: 424

Post#47 » by RapsVC15 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:36 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:
TJ11 wrote:If we're ever going to trade Bosh (which is highly, highly unlikely) I'd rather trade him for a legitimate 5 allowing Andrea to move to his natural 4 spot.

Exactly. If LA or Portland calls with offers of Bynum or Oden then I'd start listening.

There's no way we're getting Bynum or Oden for Bosh imo.

The guys I'd go after are Okafor and Biedrins.

Maybe a Okafor/Wallace for Bosh/whatever deal would work?

Or maybe a Beans/Belli for Bosh trade might work for both teams.

..this is considering what the OP has said is true.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#48 » by Yosemite Dan » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:36 pm

Let's hope for the 1st time in Smith's life he's right. The time is now to get the maximum amount back for Bosh. Waiting any longer will only get you less and even the biggest idiot in the room (ie BC) can see the raps and Bosh just ain't gonna work. Time for both sides to move on.

This team will be worse next year and the year after looks like more of the same. By then trading Bosh, who will be making a gazillion dollars, is gonna be alot more difficult than people think.
Fast_Feets
Starter

Post#49 » by Fast_Feets » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:37 pm

Wishful thinking with Mayo and Gay :D its all good ppl.

I don't think he should have a "say". He is under contract and once you start talking about moving players there shouldn't be any loyalties. Perhaps if you can help a player out in a better situation if it doesn't hurt your side (win-win) then its not bad. But if you can make more with team A instead of Team B but bosh wants team B well...thats how things go.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,267

Post#50 » by djsunyc » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:38 pm

if the raps are gonna trade bosh, it needs to be for a combo of players like jefferson + foye.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#51 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:42 pm

djsunyc wrote:if the raps are gonna trade bosh, it needs to be for a combo of players like jefferson + foye.

That would be robbery.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM

Post#52 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:42 pm

Yosemite Dan wrote:Let's hope for the 1st time in Smith's life he's right. The time is now to get the maximum amount back for Bosh. Waiting any longer will only get you less and even the biggest idiot in the room (ie BC) can see the raps and Bosh just ain't gonna work. Time for both sides to move on.

This team will be worse next year and the year after looks like more of the same. By then trading Bosh, who will be making a gazillion dollars, is gonna be alot more difficult than people think.

Bur we need to get on it, if it gets out it may hurt BC's position like it dd with VC. CB's has to keep his rep of being a great guy to have and to build around.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#53 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:44 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:
Yosemite Dan wrote:Let's hope for the 1st time in Smith's life he's right. The time is now to get the maximum amount back for Bosh. Waiting any longer will only get you less and even the biggest idiot in the room (ie BC) can see the raps and Bosh just ain't gonna work. Time for both sides to move on.

Bur we need to get on it, if it gets out it may hurt BC's position like it dd with VC. CB's has to keep his rep of being a great guy to have and to build around.

We could've had great return for VC, Babcock was just a moron.
Gruel
Senior
And1: 0

Post#54 » by Gruel » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:45 pm

Maybe there was something behind the Bosh and Parker for Amare and Barbosa rumour..
ghuytro
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#55 » by ghuytro » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:45 pm

KingstonRaptors wrote:
Fast_Feets wrote:Beasly is garbage. He is a 4 that does not have the athleticism to play the position. He is more of a smooth player and in college just used his size to bully his way around.

If bosh needs to go. send him out west. I wouldn't leave him in the East. AT least he won't have an easy path to the playoffs with the heavy competition in the West.

I would say if the raps could trade for OJ Mayo and Gay from the Griz it would be pretty good.

You would have

Calderon
Mayo
Gay
Bargs
JO

Bosh is smart. We know that he is going to evaluate everything. I just don't think he is worth the amount of money that Wade, Lebron will get. And if the raps do give him that amount of money the team will be out of resources to fill a team and be left with nothing in the mold of the KG Wolves.

Why the F would Memphis do that? Trade away two corner stones of your franchise for one?

Bosh is a max-money, franchise player, superstar who is only 24 years old and getting better every year who will lead whatever team he plays on to the promised land.

Didn't you get the memo (in case his on court play has confused the above point).

Why wouldn't any team be willing to give up whatever it takes to acquire a player like that?
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#56 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:46 pm

Gruel wrote:Maybe there was something behind the Bosh and Parker for Amare and Barbosa rumour..

Wow, that would be awesome, we could trade Bosh for someone who plays exactly like him. That would solve everything.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#57 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:47 pm

ghuytro wrote:
KingstonRaptors wrote:

You would have

Calderon
Mayo
Gay
Bargs
JO

Bosh is a max-money, franchise player, superstar who is only 24 years old and getting better every year who will lead whatever team he plays on to the promised land.

Didn't you get the memo (in case his on court play has confused the above point).

Why wouldn't any team be willing to give up whatever it takes to acquire a player like that?

Because Gay and Mayo could both become better players?
[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Post#58 » by [SJJ] » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:47 pm

CHEESE DOODLES!!!
ghuytro
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#59 » by ghuytro » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:50 pm

UssjTrunks wrote:
ghuytro wrote:
KingstonRaptors wrote:Why the F would Memphis do that? Trade away two corner stones of your franchise for one?

Because Gay and Mayo could both become better players?

Bingo!!

And our beloved franchise is considering giving Bosh max money in 2010. :(
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#60 » by Yosemite Dan » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:51 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:

Actually i don't see it happening, that's why I hope Smith is right. I think BC may be a little gun shy right now after the few bad moves he's made since his 1st year. Begging and pleading for Bosh to stay and re-sign is the safe thing to do because Bosh is the most popular player with fans and that will appease them by giving him the max and brainwash fans into thinking re-signing Bosh was an accomplishement. Bosh is gonna re-sign, trust me. He's not gonna turn down that extra cash and being thought of as the star of the team. He can privately demand a trade a year after he signs so he's in a no lose situation and the Raps are in a no-win situation as a result. Vince and Tmac with the Magic did it and Kobe almost did it. Doesn't matter if Stern doesn't approve of it, it's still gonna happen. It seems being paid and being thought of as a perennial all star is more important to Bosh than winning. He's very self centred but since he's not an **** it gets overlooked.

The right thing to do is trade Bosh now. The safe thing to do is keep him and re-sign him. After the mess of the last 2 years BC will probably do the safe thing.

Return to Toronto Raptors