ImageImageImageImageImage

SAS: CB4 told BC he's not re-signing, BC refutes pg 34

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,740

Re: BC: Bosh comments not true. 

Post#501 » by Fairview4Life » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:38 pm

And by "basketball Gods", he means the guy he hired to inject him with bird flu.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,355

Post#502 » by djsunyc » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:39 pm

SAS in bed with the flu...LOL.
Vandal Savage
Suspended
And1: 1,123

Post#503 » by Vandal Savage » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:40 pm

is this good or bad
now we cant make up fantasy trades for bosh
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,564

Post#504 » by s e n s i » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:41 pm

Tell'em off BC! Tell'em to go eat his stinkin' cheese doodles!
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,343

Post#505 » by Shaazzam » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:41 pm

SAS now has SARS.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Bosh told Colangelo he's not re-signing 

Post#506 » by Leto » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:42 pm

Bulls fan here. I'm not here to offer a trade from a Chicago perspetive because I'm not sure who I'd want to trade for him, atm. One thing I was thinking is that at least, if this rumour is true, you know in advance and can try and make a trade etc. There are a couple teams that might make a good trading partner and I think Phoenix is probably the best one. Amare and the Suns don't seem to be on the same page and he's been complaining, too. Maybe you send Bosh for Amare. Thats about as fair a value as you're likely to get and it's plausable. The same article talks about Amare possibly being traded, too.

Your mistake was trading TJ and Rasho + a pick for JO. TJ and Rasho were solid contributors off the bench or starting. Now, you have JO who usually can't get up off the bench without a wheelchair. Since then, the Raps havn't been able to fill the hole from those two guys leaving and because of that you're losing more. Hence, Bosh wants out.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,740

Post#507 » by Fairview4Life » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:42 pm

Shaazzam wrote:SAS now has SARS.

Or whatever disease you get when you wake up next to a rotting horse head.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
ImissJordan
General Manager
And1: 968

Post#508 » by ImissJordan » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:43 pm

LOL

Boy, is Stephen A. Smith a royal dipsh*t.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,343

Post#509 » by Shaazzam » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:43 pm

Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
EZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#510 » by EZ » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:43 pm

Regardless of what SAS said, I don't believe Bosh will remain a Raptor after 2010. If we're not winning, he's going to bounce...and thus far, as shown by our record...He's as good as gone.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,355

Post#511 » by djsunyc » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:44 pm

/thread.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#512 » by Morris_Shatford » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:44 pm

I fully believe that after Sunday's game, Bosh went to BC and said I have had enough.
Shades of the Patrick Roy situation with Montreal many years ago.

While I would normally be the first one to say that while I am disappointed in Bosh and that we will never get anywhere near fair market value for him, the reality is that if he cannot handle expectations then I am not sure how he expects to play in Dallas or New York.

Bosh has been very good and "the leader" on teams that have exceeded or just missed expectations, this is the first real season where we have just been a total disappointment with no real excuse for how poorly this team has played, and Bosh has cracked twice.

Regardless of if you agree with the fans booing or not, I walked out of the ACC in the third quarter on Friday and Sunday, not because we were being hammered but because we were being hammered and no one aside from Joey Graham seemed to come out with any fire or any shame.

I could understand if Bosh had put up 25/10 and the rest of the team had dragged its butts for those two games, but he gave up along with the rest of his team and honestly I am not sure if that is a good quality in the guy you want to lead you to a championship.

Bosh was the one who came out and said he felt he could be MVP, and he is the one who has not met those expectations.

If he wants to lead a franchise he needs to be the guy who sets the example, the fact that Joey Graham has been the definition of "hustle" over two brutal loses speaks volumes about the lack of leadership in our locker room.

If he truly wants to leave because he can't handle fans booing him after putting up two terrible performances on two terrible efforts then I can't imagine that he will evolve into that leader who will step up for us when we need that win, or when we need someone to call out his team in the locker room at the half.

If he doesn't want to stay, then I wish him the best of luck in Dallas, Miami or New York because if he thinks our fans expectations and demands of our franchise are unrealistic he is in for quite the surprise when he goes into a city where their basketball team has a legacy behind them and expectations every season.
emfive
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#513 » by emfive » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:44 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:And by "basketball Gods", he means the guy he hired to inject him with bird flu.

It think it was an inherent form of the chicken flu.
ITdude
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#514 » by ITdude » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:45 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:And by "basketball Gods", he means the guy he hired to inject him with bird flu.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,698

Post#515 » by DG88 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:45 pm

SAS with the flu a likely story, piss off SAS you're a no good fool who just rambles and yells just to make something out of nothing. I still don't why he's getting paid by ESPN to spit out garbage....oh wait I forgot that's what ESPN is good for.
h00pst1r
Starter
And1: 1

Post#516 » by h00pst1r » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:46 pm

Well, we weren't expecting BC to come out and actually say, "yeah, SAS is right, Bosh wants out...any takers?? I'll take a couple vets past their prime and a couple mid-first rounders".

I like how BC is responding to this immediately. Gm's must hate a guy like SAS.
yk24 wrote:Moon bit on CBs pump fake.
Mad Balla 15
RealGM
And1: 1,930

Post#517 » by Mad Balla 15 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:46 pm

EZ wrote:Regardless of what SAS said, I don't believe Bosh will remain a Raptor after 2010. If we're not winning, he's going to bounce...and thus far, as shown by our record...He's as good as gone.

Exactly. Bosh hasn't gone to Colangelo yet and said it straight out that he's going to leave but if this team doesn't improve all the signs point to him leaving. So either improve the team or if they want to rebuild (which I doubt they do), trade Bosh at his highest value.
Luv 4 da game
Assistant Coach
And1: 275

Post#518 » by Luv 4 da game » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:46 pm

Well the cheese doodle clown deserves it ... hope we don't have to hear from him till the offseason.
I Breathe Raptors Basketball
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,380

Post#519 » by Courtside » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:47 pm

contract wrote:The NBA needs to allow the designation of "franchise players" like the NFL does. Otherwise some markets will always be swimming upstream. If you are willing to max a player, he should not be able to leave.

That can be both good and bad. The problem is that Bosh is not worth a max deal worth $130~ million and by using the "designated player" stipulation to cling to a player, you are handcuffed into overpaying. The NFL can afford this rule more than the NBA can since the payroll is split over many more players than the 15 that can occupy an NBA roster.

The Raptors already have the leverage to overpay - since FAs can get more to stay with their current team (ie: Chris could only get $100 mil from any other team) - which is why he's much more likely to either want a trade to a team that will pay him the $130 mil or to stay around long enough to get his $130 mil deal and then try to leave afterwards.

If he wants to leave, that is. I don't truly believe the report exactly as SAS worded it. What I do believe, though, is that CB will want his $130 mil but that he is not worth it - and should be dealt for that reason. The Raptors need to make the deal for the good of the roster and not for the good of the player.

As for other players who have forced their way out... Stoudamire, McCgrady, Carter... hindsight has shown us that ll these players are also not worthy of the "franchise player" designation. They haven't won jack even by moving to better teams. I concede that a TMac-Carter duo likely would have been special, but for how long, considering both became injury prone? And how far would they really go without the proper roster around them?

You build as far as you can with certain pieces as long as they A) fit B) win C) stay healthy and D) accept fair contracts. CB4 is so-so on points A and B and because of this, point D is the reason the team should move in a different direction. Not because Chris wants to leave, but because the Raptors recognize they won't win with him making $20+ million per season. Period.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#520 » by Morris_Shatford » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:47 pm

If BC came out today and said that Bosh had in fact come to him to let him know that he would not re-sign with the team a season and a half from now it would been chaos.

Chris Bosh would be the story in every city the Raps showed up to, "where is he going" it would provide such a terrible distraction over the balance of the season that I just don't see BC coming out and saying anything other then what he did say simply because of the situation it would cause.

Return to Toronto Raptors