ImageImageImageImageImage

SAS: CB4 told BC he's not re-signing, BC refutes pg 34

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Re: BC: Bosh comments not true. 

Post#521 » by jonny three time » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:47 pm

So, if this BS by SAS isn't worth an email clusterfu%& with the full power of Raptors nation then I don't know what is.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#522 » by J-Roc » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:48 pm

Thank you. Thank you. I was expecting a legit response from BC today and I got it.

I also expect a response from CB today. Let's see if CB's response is as solid as BC's. BC's response is the response of a guy who actually never heard from CB or his agent that CB wants out.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,343

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Bosh told Colangelo he's not re-signing 

Post#523 » by Shaazzam » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:49 pm

cosmostein wrote:I fully believe that after Sunday's game, Bosh went to BC and said I have had enough.
Shades of the Patrick Roy situation with Montreal many years ago.

While I would normally be the first one to say that while I am disappointed in Bosh and that we will never get anywhere near fair market value for him, the reality is that if he cannot handle expectations then I am not sure how he expects to play in Dallas or New York.

Bosh has been very good and "the leader" on teams that have exceeded or just missed expectations, this is the first real season where he have just been a total disappointment with no real excuse for how poorly this team has played, and Bosh has cracked twice.

Regardless of if you agree with the fans booing or not, I walked out of the ACC in the third quarter on Friday and Sunday, not because we were being hammered but because we were being hammered and no one aside from Joey Graham seemed to come out with any fire or any shame.

I could understand if Bosh had put up 25/10 and the rest of the team had dragged its butts for those two games, but he gave us along with the rest of his team and honestly I am not sure if that is a good quality in the guy you want to lead you to a championship.

Bosh was the one who came out and said he felt he could be MVP, and he is the one who has not met those expectations.

If he wants to lead a franchise he needs to be the guy who sets the example, the fact that Joey Graham has been the definition of "hustle" over two brutal loses speaks volumes about the lack of leadership in our locker room.

If he truly wants to leave because he can't handle fans booing him after putting up two terrible performances then I can't imagine that he will evolve into that leader who will step up for us when we need that win, or when we need someone to call out his team in the locker room at the half.

If he doesn't want to stay, then I wish him the best of luck in Dallas, Miami or New York because if he thinks our fans expectations and demands of our franchise are unrealistic he is in for quite the surprise when he goes into a city where their basketball team has a legacy behind them and expectations every season.

That's a very good post.

The only think I would point out is that for NY and MIA, he would be leaving to play with other great players and Dallas is home. (With a possible Kidd and/or Dirk playing there as well.)
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,698

Post#524 » by DG88 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:51 pm

cosmostein wrote:If BC came out today and said that Bosh had in fact come to him to let him know that he would not re-sign with the team a season and a half from now it would been chaos.

Chris Bosh would be the story in every city the Raps showed up to, "where is he going" it would provide such a terrible distraction over the balance of the season that I just don't see BC coming out and saying anything other then what he did say simply because of the situation it would cause.

So are you saying that you believe in what SAS said about Bosh telling BC that he's not resigning? :-?
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 586

Post#525 » by timdunkit » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:53 pm

cosmostein wrote:If BC came out today and said that Bosh had in fact come to him to let him know that he would not re-sign with the team a season and a half from now it would been chaos.

Chris Bosh would be the story in every city the Raps showed up to, "where is he going" it would provide such a terrible distraction over the balance of the season that I just don't see BC coming out and saying anything other then what he did say simply because of the situation it would cause.

Sorry not even Jalen Rose stoop that low .... Jalen would get real news from bosh way beffore SAS ... I mean SAS is the first to report this ....
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,517
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#526 » by SharoneWright » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:53 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
Shaazzam wrote:SAS now has SARS.

Or whatever disease you get when you wake up next to a rotting horse head.

perfect.

"Mr. Corleone is a man who insists on hearing bad news immediately"
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#527 » by Komodo » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:53 pm

Agreed. I don't think anyone really knows what goes on behind closed doors.
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,071

Post#528 » by carlosey » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:54 pm

Hahahah SAS with the flu. What a chicken. Major ownage by BC. :D
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#529 » by J-Roc » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:54 pm

Should we close this thread now that BC has denied it?
anj
Bench Warmer
And1: 911

Post#530 » by anj » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:56 pm

smokescreen
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,071

Post#531 » by carlosey » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:56 pm

Hahahah SAS with the flu. What a chicken. Major ownage by BC. :D
timdunkit
RealGM

Post#532 » by timdunkit » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:56 pm

komodo19 wrote:

Agreed. I don't think anyone really knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Yes but out of all the people SAS is the one to come out with the news? I mean reporters like David Aldridge and Jalen Rose have been saying he is leaving TO in 2010 to pair wiht whomever in NYK but non of them had said "HE WANTS OUT" .... SAS doesn't even watch raptors basketball ... I would be even surprised if he ever came to canada ...
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#533 » by J-Roc » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:56 pm

Is this good news?? I've been thinking lately of all the ways we could rebuild this team by trading CB now. I mean, couldn't we trade CB for like Rudy Gay and whatever else?? Stick Gay with Bargnani and Calderon and isn't that a legit team?? Maybe Bosh for Granger? These are typically untradeable players, but we're talking about Chris Bosh now.

Trading JO or AB wouldn't get you one of those guys.
ShowMeTheMoney
Senior
And1: 0

Post#534 » by ShowMeTheMoney » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:57 pm

Agreed...does everyone remember when Carter's trade demand became public, what it did. It decreased his value. Colangelo would never admit, that Bosh or his agent came to him. Never.
timdunkit
RealGM

Post#535 » by timdunkit » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:57 pm

SAS got owned by BC and the flu

/close thread
power works
Sixth Man
And1: 241

Post#536 » by power works » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:58 pm

I've e-mailed him to talk about it but he's in bed with the flu. Maybe the basketball Gods have something to do with that. I don't know where that story came from.”

:rofl2:

GO BC!

GO BOSH!

GO RAPTORS!

:rocking:
miruss2001
Lead Assistant
And1: 335

Post#537 » by miruss2001 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:58 pm

Tap your heels together and repeat after me Dorothy: "This is the best roster I've ever assembled... This is the best roster I've ever assembled... "

I don't give a crap about his dismissal of this rumor, the fact is his team is the second to worst in the east and that is unacceptable.

Trading Bosh or anyone else can't be off the table.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,509

Post#538 » by dagger » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:59 pm

As opposed to the distractions this team seems to be under already?

But I know what you mean.

Then again, it doesn't matter of Bosh says nothing but talk about the weather with BC. The conversation that counts is the one BC has with Bosh's agent.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,343

Post#539 » by Shaazzam » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:00 pm

ShowMeTheMoney wrote:

Agreed...does everyone remember when Carter's trade demand became public, what it did. It decreased his value. Colangelo would never admit, that Bosh or his agent came to him. Never.

And that's exactly why a guy like SAS can get away with saying what he does.

Because when it gets refuted, it is easily viewed as "Of course they are going to say it's not true, it hurts them if the admit the "truth.""
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,380

Post#540 » by Courtside » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:02 pm

J-Roc wrote:Thank you. Thank you. I was expecting a legit response from BC today and I got it.

What you got today was the correct response. Any other response from BC would have been to the detriment of the team. I'm not saying it's true or untrue - just that there was nothing else possible for BC to say.

J-Roc wrote:I also expect a response from CB today. Let's see if CB's response is as solid as BC's. BC's response is the response of a guy who actually never heard from CB or his agent that CB wants out.

What you'll get from CB is an equally similar "correct" response. He won't say it as clearly and people will read all sorts of things into his body language, etc - but the response will more or less be the one he's supposed to give.

As I said before - I don't believe the report as SAS delivered it. But BC himself has conceded he's had many discussions about trades and always listens. When Elliot Friedman asked if Bosh was on the table BC's reply was that he's not looking at that option, but he's had the discussion and replied "that deal is there whenever we want it".

This is likely SAS being duped into making public what some other GM would like to happen, and while BC's answer regarding a discussion directly with Bosh about re-signing is likely true, I don't doubt for one minute they are both continually feeling out the situation and that BC might have a sense of CB's inclination anyways - without that conversation. I also believe that BC will make his decisions regardless of what CB might actually want down the road.

Return to Toronto Raptors