ImageImageImageImageImage

SAS: CB4 told BC he's not re-signing, BC refutes pg 34

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Re: BC: Bosh comments not true. 

Post#541 » by J-Roc » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:02 pm

The part of SAS's comment that gets lost is his assertion that CB is in the Miami talks. That sounds completely untrue since Miami has nothing we'd want (except Wade). But still, it was the Miami comment that took SAS's statement about CB to another level.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,698

Post#542 » by DG88 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:03 pm

anj wrote:smokescreen

Someone needs to make a smokescreen smiley be pure lulz
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 586

Post#543 » by timdunkit » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:04 pm

Guys, Shaazzam ain't saying its not possible but rather the odds that a reporter who doesn't like raptors, doesn't watch the raptors, even feuded with CB4 and bosh doesn't like him, would be the one to get the inside info on CB4? If BC wanted to keep this all quiet, how could SAS out of all the reporters get this kind of info? Heck how many times do we hear legit rumours coming from BC ... This idea hasn't even been mentioned by the media yet ......
totallyr
Assistant Coach
And1: 111

Post#544 » by totallyr » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:04 pm

Flu my a$$, can't face BC and own up to his made up crap.
To all our soldiers serving overseas, be safe and come home soon
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,698

Post#545 » by DG88 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:05 pm

J-Roc wrote:The part of SAS's comment that gets lost is his assertion that CB is in the Miami talks. That sounds completely untrue since Miami has nothing we'd want (except Wade). But still, it was the Miami comment that took SAS's statement about CB to another level.

You also have to factor in that since Bosh is a 4 time allstar who wants to leave his team shouldn't have that been first of all the first thing that SAS should have talked about instead of the knicks schedule. Also it would have been highlighted on ESPN NBA webpage so this story just seems bogus to me.
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,380

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Bosh told Colangelo he's not re-signing 

Post#546 » by Courtside » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:06 pm

J-Roc wrote:Should we close this thread now that BC has denied it?

No. The report still happened, but the BC reply thread should probably be merged with this one and the title changed to "SAS claims Bosh will not re-sign, Colangelo refutes pg 34"
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,509

Post#547 » by dagger » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:07 pm

For all I know, BC told SAS to say what he did. If I wanted to create a market for Bosh, I'd plant the rumor to stir up offers. To get the most for Bosh, you have to stir up teams that will really want him in 2010 and don't want to be shut out if no other big name free agents change teams. Locking him in now by trade would make all kinds of sense for those teams, but if you want to play teams off against each other you need to create a bit of a feeding frenzy. so Bosh isn't on the market, but you can bet there are GMs sending unsolicited offers, and BC might even let one of those offers leak.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
timdunkit
RealGM

Post#548 » by timdunkit » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:10 pm

dagger wrote:For all I know, BC told SAS to say what he did. If I wanted to create a market for Bosh, I'd plant the rumor to stir up offers. To get the most for Bosh, you have to stir up teams that will really want him in 2010 and don't want to be shut out if no other big name free agents change teams. Locking him in now by trade would make all kinds of sense for those teams, but if you want to play teams off against each other you need to create a bit of a feeding frenzy. so Bosh isn't on the market, but you can bet there are GMs sending unsolicited offers, and BC might even let one of those offers leak.

In that case, SAS should have sourced somebody like "a teams executive or scout" or whatever ... And if that was BC plan the it should have been a "toronto executive" or whatever ....
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,380

Post#549 » by Courtside » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:12 pm

dagger wrote:For all I know, BC told SAS to say what he did. If I wanted to create a market for Bosh, I'd plant the rumor to stir up offers. To get the most for Bosh, you have to stir up teams that will really want him in 2010 and don't want to be shut out if no other big name free agents change teams. Locking him in now by trade would make all kinds of sense for those teams, but if you want to play teams off against each other you need to create a bit of a feeding frenzy. so Bosh isn't on the market, but you can bet there are GMs sending unsolicited offers, and BC might even let one of those offers leak.

This was another thought of mine also. Perhaps both teams had exploratory discussions with Toronto and both were waiting for the Raptors to get even worse, etc... This is one way to create a bidding war where the market was previously cautious. Both Miami and Dallas would like him, but aren't sure what to give. The fact that it's public means other teams will likely try to get in on the mix and all offers become more substantial. If a good offer doesn't materialize then he isn't dealt and it's brushed off as "we never really had Chris on the market, people".

I doubt BC would say it directly to SAS - that's what agents are for - but the possibility is real.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,509

Post#550 » by dagger » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:15 pm

timdunkit wrote:In that case, SAS should have sourced somebody like "a teams executive or scout" or whatever ... And if that was BC plan the it should have been a "toronto executive" or whatever ....

Are you kidding me? You hide your source in this situation, you don't make it clear that it was one of two or three people.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
timdunkit
RealGM

Post#551 » by timdunkit » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:16 pm

dagger wrote:
timdunkit wrote:In that case, SAS should have sourced somebody like "a teams executive or scout" or whatever ... And if that was BC plan the it should have been a "toronto executive" or whatever ....

Are you kidding me? You hide your source in this situation, you don't make it clear that it was one of two or three people.

well you could atleast give a general idea from where you are hearing these talks ...
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,517
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#552 » by SharoneWright » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:20 pm

It would destroy my whole perception of high level basketball management if BC would use a goof like SAS to till the soil for him....

Yet I totally agree that if this is true, it in no way drives down CB's value. CB esentially becomes the best "available" piece out there and teams can go a little manic with trying to "push themselves over the top" as the playoffs loom. When the free agent market is thin, players like AJ Burnett, Jeff Finger, and Jerome James get overpayed. When there are limited players on the trade market, clever GM's should likewise be able to reap the rewards of a bidding war.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#553 » by J-Roc » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:22 pm

Why are we trying to figure out how this info got to SAS from BC or CB? CB's agent more than likely would have passed the word on.
HighOctane
Lead Assistant
And1: 363

Post#554 » by HighOctane » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:23 pm

BC's integrity is still intact and so is his head. He's not trading Bosh, and he's going to create a winning environment around him.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,517
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#555 » by SharoneWright » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:24 pm

HighOctane wrote:BC's integrity is still intact and so is his head. He's not trading Bosh, and he's going to create a winning environment around him.

What empirical evidence can you show me?
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,343

Post#556 » by Shaazzam » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:25 pm

That's awesome. I never thought of that.

We all know BC is media savvy.

But that speaks to how little any of the chatter really means. We can believe/disbelieve any of the comments unless they come from CB4 directly.

And we're still booing the last cat to do that. LOL
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
inrapscity
General Manager
And1: 62

Post#557 » by inrapscity » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:25 pm

exactly what i expected but SAS down with flu and BC with "basketball gods" talk makes it a great story.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,343

Post#558 » by Shaazzam » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:28 pm

Courtside wrote:
J-Roc wrote:Should we close this thread now that BC has denied it?

No. The report still happened, but the BC reply thread should probably be merged with this one and the title changed to "SAS claims Bosh will not re-sign, Colangelo refutes pg 34"

Haven't got there yet....
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Trilogy
RealGM
And1: 3,584

Post#559 » by Trilogy » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:29 pm

I guess to go along with dagger's theory could be the fact that Bryan would leak such a story to soften the blow of trading him.

As of before this report, if he traded Bosh, he probably would have gotten heavy criticism unless the package coming back was of obvious quality.

You put the idea of it people's heads & if something does happen, at least their not in total shock.

As much as I hate it, PR is a pretty important thing when it comes to trades.

I still think it's probably false, but I wouldn't be shocked it it wasn't.
torontoaces04
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#560 » by torontoaces04 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:29 pm

or this thread could just be locked?? ;)

Return to Toronto Raptors