ImageImageImageImageImage

SAS: CB4 told BC he's not re-signing, BC refutes pg 34

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,844

Re: BC: Bosh comments not true. 

Post#561 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:30 pm

Maybe, Chris Bosh's agent is perpetuating the rumour, and SAS's source could in fact be Henry Thomas, Bosh's agent. I'm pretty sure that Bosh's agent is monitoring the situation, and might be trying to see if Toronto is serious about keeping Bosh. If Henry Thomas can push a trade to a team that can sign Bosh in 2010, specifically a more dynamic market like Miami for example, wouldn't his agent doing Bosh a favor? That way the team that gets him, can sign him to max money and give an extra year, just like we can...if Bosh is satisfied by the end of next year.

That's another twist to this rumour.
from24ft
Banned User
And1: 2
Location: doing funnels and the kozak dance at the company picnic

Post#562 » by from24ft » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:31 pm

Highly unlikely Bryan created this rumour. This has the potential to derail a franchise, you don't play with these things.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,343

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Bosh told Colangelo he's not re-signing 

Post#563 » by Shaazzam » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:31 pm

I'm touched by all the concern about managing threads.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,517
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#564 » by SharoneWright » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:32 pm

Shaazzam wrote:
dagger wrote:For all I know, BC told SAS to say what he did. If I wanted to create a market for Bosh, I'd plant the rumor to stir up offers. To get the most for Bosh, you have to stir up teams that will really want him in 2010 and don't want to be shut out if no other big name free agents change teams. Locking him in now by trade would make all kinds of sense for those teams, but if you want to play teams off against each other you need to create a bit of a feeding frenzy. so Bosh isn't on the market, but you can bet there are GMs sending unsolicited offers, and BC might even let one of those offers leak.

That's awesome. I never thought of that.

We all know BC is media savvy.

But that speaks to how little any of the chatter really means. We can believe/disbelieve any of the comments unless they come from CB4 directly.

And we're still booing the last cat to do that. LOL

I still don't believe it because I perceive BC and SAS at such different levels....... but SAS does have the only thing necessary for such a gameplan - a large/national platform.

This strategy would not only cause a bidding war (possibly), but would also grease the rails for BC personally, give him some cover, for moving the franchise player and fan favourite. If BC has made the cold calculation that CB is the guy to be moved, he needed to do something to massage/passify the emotions of the average Raptorhead in the Sprite Zone. Getting the word out like this thru SAS squarely focuses any fan-outrage on CB and leaves BC as the beleagured GM who does his best to plug the holes in the dam of having to run a franchise in the intolerable position of playing its home games in Canada.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#565 » by J-Roc » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:32 pm

BC has no control over what gets out in the media. As soon as BC calls a GM and mentions CB is available, word is out. There's no harm in word getting out about CB wanting out. CB is the kind of player that every team will want to bid on.
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#566 » by COY0607 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:32 pm

**** stephen a smith.......bosh is a raptor for life
MagnusPinus
Analyst
And1: 148

Post#567 » by MagnusPinus » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:34 pm

Damn BC, swallow your pride and destroy this time. U failed, the quicker u realize it, the better u can fix this
GuyverADL wrote:
The only thing Curry will raise from the start of the season is his cholesterol.
People do not understand Curry's reason for wanting to be a ballerina. He wanted to be able to contort his body to be able to fit in the fridge.
RealGood
Pro Prospect
And1: 14

Post#568 » by RealGood » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:34 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:And by "basketball Gods", he means the guy he hired to inject him with bird flu.

LOL :lol:
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,549

Post#569 » by Tha Cynic » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:35 pm

J-Roc wrote:Is this good news?? I've been thinking lately of all the ways we could rebuild this team by trading CB now. I mean, couldn't we trade CB for like Rudy Gay and whatever else?? Stick Gay with Bargnani and Calderon and isn't that a legit team?? Maybe Bosh for Granger? These are typically untradeable players, but we're talking about Chris Bosh now.

Trading JO or AB wouldn't get you one of those guys.

Why are you under the impression that trading away our best player and keeping the rest of the team will make this team better? If the team wants to trade Bosh, fine. But if they go that route, they should be blowing the whole team up, not replacing Bosh with a worse player and keeping the same team. Trading Bosh means 4 or 5 more years of rebuilding. I can accept that, but not the half-assed rebuliding strategy some on this forum want to do.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,343

Re: SAS: CB4 told BC he's not re-signing, BC refutes pg 34 

Post#570 » by Shaazzam » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:36 pm

merged threads
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Paperclip
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#571 » by Paperclip » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:42 pm

I am so surprised SAS is full of crap......not.
Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Post#572 » by Dr Octagon » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:44 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
J-Roc wrote:Is this good news?? I've been thinking lately of all the ways we could rebuild this team by trading CB now. I mean, couldn't we trade CB for like Rudy Gay and whatever else?? Stick Gay with Bargnani and Calderon and isn't that a legit team?? Maybe Bosh for Granger? These are typically untradeable players, but we're talking about Chris Bosh now.

Trading JO or AB wouldn't get you one of those guys.

Why are you under the impression that trading away our best player and keeping the rest of the team will make this team better? If the team wants to trade Bosh, fine. But if they go that route, they should be blowing the whole team up, not replacing Bosh with a worse player and keeping the same team. Trading Bosh means 4 or 5 more years of rebuilding. I can accept that, but not the half-assed rebuliding strategy some on this forum want to do.

Because if we traded Bosh for someone like Gay + others, we would fit a need at the wing with someone who'll be an allstar for years to come.

I'm not saying trading Bosh for draft pick makes us better, but if we get a legit all-star/superstar caliber player, especially at SG or SF, if improves us.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,549

Post#573 » by Tha Cynic » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:45 pm

dagger wrote:For all I know, BC told SAS to say what he did. If I wanted to create a market for Bosh, I'd plant the rumor to stir up offers. To get the most for Bosh, you have to stir up teams that will really want him in 2010 and don't want to be shut out if no other big name free agents change teams. Locking him in now by trade would make all kinds of sense for those teams, but if you want to play teams off against each other you need to create a bit of a feeding frenzy. so Bosh isn't on the market, but you can bet there are GMs sending unsolicited offers, and BC might even let one of those offers leak.

So first he would lie to SAS so he would come out and make those comments in public and then he comes out and pretty much calls SAS a liar? Yea, that makes a lot of sense.

If there is anything we have learned in his few years here, its that BC is a straight shooter.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Hypz
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#574 » by Hypz » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:46 pm

If it was denied, lock this before the 12 year olds on this board go emo.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#575 » by rsavaj » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:46 pm

If this was BC's "plan", then it was a stupid one, b/c announcing that he's going to bounce publicly LOWERS Bosh's value.
Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Post#576 » by Dr Octagon » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:49 pm

What is BC to say??

"Yea, Bosh and I spoke, and he said he's not resigning, and I should look to trade him ASAP."

If BC says that, what does it do to CB's value?

Some of you need to think for a moment, before calling BC a God, because he denied something.
theocratic_n'_nature
Pro Prospect
And1: 372

Post#577 » by theocratic_n'_nature » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:51 pm

It could go the other way: Other teams, sensing the strained relationship b/n Bosh and the fanbase, sends out this bogus info through SAS to rile up the T.O. fans (who are already being vocal of their criticisms of Bosh, calling for trades, etc.) and further drive the wedge and widening the rift b/n player and fans (as they become more vocal in their displeasure of Bosh) and therefore running Bosh out of town due to the hostility.
I say that it's other teams because I rather like thinking of SAS as a brainless puppet, and quite frankly I refuse to think SAS is smart enough to come up with such a coup.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,517
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#578 » by SharoneWright » Mon Feb 2, 2009 5:58 pm

PeterJ wrote:What is BC to say??

"Yea, Bosh and I spoke, and he said he's not resigning, and I should look to trade him ASAP."

If BC says that, what does it do to CB's value?

I disagree. I good GM should be able to get good value for a high quality asset under most any circumstance. At this level of negotiation with millions of dollars involved, the smart people entrusted with these decisions are not playing poker, they are negotiating.

Besides, the market for CB is based on the fact that there is only 1 of him, and potentially multiple bidders. If the Hope Diamond is desired by many people, an auction is the way to drive the best price. No one is going to offer as much in a quiet private deal as compared to an auction where the owner has already announced his intent to sell. Competing offers, publically known, or done in private, are the key.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#579 » by Mustard_Tiger » Mon Feb 2, 2009 6:01 pm

Yes, we all figured Stephen A was talking out of his ass like he usually does, but this is only delaying the inevitable. Bosh apologists...he has no future here past 2010.
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#580 » by Mustard_Tiger » Mon Feb 2, 2009 6:02 pm

rsavaj wrote:If this was BC's "plan", then it was a stupid one, b/c announcing that he's going to bounce publicly LOWERS Bosh's value.

Agreed.

And the last person he would tell (if he was going to plan something like this) would be Stephen A Smith... :lol:

Return to Toronto Raptors