ImageImageImageImageImage

SAS: CB4 told BC he's not re-signing, BC refutes pg 34

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

zab_tabak01
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: SAS: CB4 told BC he's not re-signing, BC refutes pg 34 

Post#581 » by zab_tabak01 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 6:04 pm

your telling me bosh is going to leave and sign for less money elsewhere??????

give me a break. not happening. he will resign.
James_Raptors
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#582 » by James_Raptors » Mon Feb 2, 2009 6:06 pm

The reality is, we don't know the truth and whether SAS was bs'ing or not. It's out there now and even if it's fake, it hurts the Raptors to some degree. The team already looked mentality drained on the court and even though the players go through trade rumors all the time, I can't imagine this rumor will help their play in any way.
08-14-'21:
(re: Scottie Barnes)
-Top 3 Raptors of all-time, 5+ ASG, Min 1 All-NBA 1st /2nd,Min 3 All-Def 1st or 2nd team,between years 2-3 in the running for best current player on our roster,best Raptor on the team, multiple years in a row

RIP Hater
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,223

Post#583 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Mon Feb 2, 2009 6:06 pm

It's also possible that another GM, such as Riley leaked this 'rumor' especially considering Miami gets a special mention by SAS.
The perception created around the league would be that Bosh is looking to bolt and that BC is desperate to put a winning team around him. This lowers JO's value in any trade as teams would be looking to take advantage. Even now we have Raptor fans saying that BC's just posturing by denying these rumours.
I think that Riley's having his own trade troubles as well. He wants both Marion and Banks gone so that he can prepare for 2010. Except that no one wants Banks. I even wonder how close the Toronto and Miami trades were and where they are now.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
Vorticity
Head Coach
And1: 4,918

Re: BC: Bosh comments not true. 

Post#584 » by Vorticity » Mon Feb 2, 2009 6:12 pm

HighOctane wrote:BC's integrity is still intact and so is his head. He's not trading Bosh, and he's going to create a winning environment around him.

And what makes you qualified to make such a statement. :roll:
You don't know anything more than all the other people making speculations here.
nobody knows what exactly is happening behind the scenes, so let's not pretend we're Miss Cleo.
Zona Zoo wrote:
spudwebb wrote:OKC has one black guy in the crowd

Russell Westbrook?

sig by http://www.turbozone.ca
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Re: BC: Bosh comments not true. 

Post#585 » by J-Roc » Mon Feb 2, 2009 6:16 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
J-Roc wrote:Is this good news?? I've been thinking lately of all the ways we could rebuild this team by trading CB now. I mean, couldn't we trade CB for like Rudy Gay and whatever else?? Stick Gay with Bargnani and Calderon and isn't that a legit team?? Maybe Bosh for Granger? These are typically untradeable players, but we're talking about Chris Bosh now.

Trading JO or AB wouldn't get you one of those guys.

Why are you under the impression that trading away our best player and keeping the rest of the team will make this team better? If the team wants to trade Bosh, fine. But if they go that route, they should be blowing the whole team up, not replacing Bosh with a worse player and keeping the same team. Trading Bosh means 4 or 5 more years of rebuilding. I can accept that, but not the half-assed rebuliding strategy some on this forum want to do.

I don't think I've ever given the "trade Bosh" idea any serious thought until the last 12hrs or so. It just seems to me that we know you need a star wing player to win with. That is an absolute must. We also know these guys don't grow on trees and we know that the draft is a crapshoot. So normally, there's no way to just go get a guy.

But what is Bosh's value?? I mean, is he considered so highly around the league that a team would give up a young, star wing player??? It seems insane to think Memphis would ever give up Gay, or Indiana would give up Granger, or perhaps Iguodala from Philly. But if you dangle Chris Bosh, don't those teams need to listen??

And I'm talking about that wing player, plus salary cap filler, plus a pick or two. Isn't Bosh worth that much? And if you play that star player....let's say Granger, with Andrea, JO and Jose, wouldn't this team be better than they are now??
notic101
Lead Assistant
And1: 48

Post#586 » by notic101 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 6:18 pm

Whether there's truth behind this rumour or not, SAS did his job.

Sport reporters are practically billboards. His name was probably mentioned over 400 times (two more in my post) in this thread alone. So you know next time he says something, the same people who are perturbed by his alleged "inside scoop" will be quick to read/acknowledge his material in the future.

ITO pwnage:

BC > SAS > Raps Fans
ilovegoats
Junior
And1: 0

Post#587 » by ilovegoats » Mon Feb 2, 2009 6:21 pm

We need to get rid of Bosh ^pure and simple. He's becoming a cancer with his play on the court. Our supposed franchise and leader is no franchise and even less of a leader. He's detrimental to the success of our team.

With that being said, bring back Mike James. He's a character.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,877

Post#588 » by Duffman100 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 6:22 pm

The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,150

Post#589 » by The Duke » Mon Feb 2, 2009 6:28 pm