ImageImageImageImageImage

SAS: CB4 told BC he's not re-signing, BC refutes pg 34

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

will
RealGM
And1: 49,526
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Re: Stephen A. Smith?? 

Post#61 » by will » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:51 pm

[SJJ] wrote:CHEESE DOODLES!!!

Those hecklers at the NBA draft in New York are :lol:

"YOU ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT MAN ALIVE!"
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#62 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:58 pm

this thread title should be changed to refer to what Smith said.

of course, mods would probably lock it then.
Morena R
Analyst
And1: 1
Location: Born in Santo Dominigo,Dominican Rep, But I Go To School In Toronto

Post#63 » by Morena R » Sun Feb 1, 2009 9:59 pm

who honestly listens to the dude,he sounds like an *** crack
Fast_Feets
Starter
And1: 359

Post#64 » by Fast_Feets » Sun Feb 1, 2009 10:06 pm

yea he is a numbnut but as a journalist he is privy to inside info from "sources" etc. They may be flawed or real but the fun thing is there is something to talk about b/c as of right now. I don't think i'll watch another raps game for the rest of the year.
Kush
Veteran
And1: 4

Post#65 » by Kush » Sun Feb 1, 2009 10:14 pm

I would rather trade Bosh for Oj Mayo + Memphis 2009 1 round top 2 protected..
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#66 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sun Feb 1, 2009 10:39 pm

I doubt SAS would have gotten that info from Bosh, who he said looks like Manute Bol with short dreads....I would have said Lisa Leslie, with a larger adams apple, and more reliant on the 16 footer.
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#67 » by miamiballer » Sun Feb 1, 2009 10:43 pm

this, my friends, would be truly amazing
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,777

Post#68 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:03 pm

I can think of three teams as of NOW, who make some sense as far as trading Bosh.

Miami (Chris Bosh + Jason Kapono for Michael Beasley, Shawn Marion, Daequan Cook, 1 or 2 first rd. draft pick (s))
Pheonix (Chris Bosh + Jason Kapono for Amar'e Stoudemire, Leandro Barbosa, Alando Tucker 1st rd. pick(s))
Utah (Chris Bosh + Anthony Parker for Ronnie Brewer, Carlos Boozer, Kosta Koufus or Paul Millsap (though he is an RFA) 1st rd. pick(s))

All three of these teams are winning, and could use Bosh to catapult them to legitimate contention. I also think that these teams have what BC might look for in trading Bosh, maybe w/ Miami being the exception.

Salaries seem to match, but I'm not sure.

I don't think teams that are as bad as ours will trade w/ us, knowing that Bosh may leave after next year. I think teams that are near contention are worth talking IF we are to trade Bosh, which I don't think BC will do. He's probably going to just trade Jermaine O'Neal and try to get rid of Jason Kapono's contract. Still, it gives us something to discuss.
Fast_Feets
Starter

Post#69 » by Fast_Feets » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:15 pm

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,556

Post#70 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:17 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:I can think of three teams as of NOW, who make some sense as far as trading Bosh.

Miami (Chris Bosh + Jason Kapono for Michael Beasley, Shawn Marion, Daequan Cook, 1 or 2 first rd. draft pick (s))
Pheonix (Chris Bosh + Jason Kapono for Amar'e Stoudemire, Leandro Barbosa, Alando Tucker 1st rd. pick(s))
Utah (Chris Bosh + Anthony Parker for Ronnie Brewer, Carlos Boozer, Kosta Koufus or Paul Millsap (though he is an RFA) 1st rd. pick(s))

All three of these teams are winning, and could use Bosh to catapult them to legitimate contention. I also think that these teams have what BC might look for in trading Bosh, maybe w/ Miami being the exception.

Salaries seem to match, but I'm not sure.

I don't think teams that are as bad as ours will trade w/ us, knowing that Bosh may leave after next year. I think teams that are near contention are worth talking IF we are to trade Bosh, which I don't think BC will do. He's probably going to just trade Jermaine O'Neal and try to get rid of Jason Kapono's contract. Still, it gives us something to discuss.

#1 would be dumb for Toronto, they could get more IMO.

#2 Replaces Bosh with the equally incompetent Amare (who will also demand a max contract in 2010 BTW), so there is no point in it .

#3 Utah will not be giving up MIlsap, and unless he's involved I think Toronto passes on any deal with them.
Fast_Feets
Starter

Post#71 » by Fast_Feets » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:18 pm

can somone throw the link into the first post? it would make alot more sense if people can see the video for themselves.

Its at the 2:00 Minute mark btw
jay632
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Bosh told Colangelo he's not re-signing 

Post#72 » by jay632 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:40 pm

heh... if this happens, it would be the laughing stock of the league, first we lose carter for nothing, now bosh for nothing?
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#73 » by Mustard_Tiger » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:44 pm

It wouldn't be for nothing if you made a good trade.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,556

Post#74 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:47 pm

jay632 wrote:heh... if this happens, it would be the laughing stock of the league, first we lose carter for nothing, now bosh for nothing?

We lost Carter for nothing because Babcock was a moron. If BC's good at anything, it's selling his players. Not that guys like Carter and Bosh need to be sold well to get traded.
Darrick Martin
Starter
And1: 3

Post#75 » by Darrick Martin » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:47 pm

jay632 wrote:heh... if this happens, it would be the laughing stock of the league, first we lose carter for nothing, now bosh for nothing?

wait.. since when did this organization have any ounce of credibility? the freaking local market doesn't even have access to the games on TV.. LOL
“On paper, in terms of just pure talent, I would say, yes, this is the best team we’ve had,” - Bryan Colangelo (Sep 29, 2008)
RN06
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#76 » by RN06 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:48 pm

This is just non-sense. Stephen A. Smith has absolutely no proof at all that Bosh told Colangelo he isn't going to re-sign and what would Miami want to give up? Miami isn’t going to give up Dwyane Wade or Michael Beasley.
Koosh
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#77 » by Koosh » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:49 pm

SAS is a douche but he's probably right. Do any of you honestly think that Bosh is going to resign with us? If so... wanna make a bet?
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,777

Post#78 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:51 pm

If BC is even serious about trading Bosh, I think it'll happen during draft night, where the Raps can get a high draft choice + in addition to some quality players back for Bosh. Say a team like Sacramento, for example, or Washington. Chicago could also be in the mix, if they lose more games which I think they will.
AOC
Junior
And1: 8

Post#79 » by AOC » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:54 pm

UssjTrunks wrote:

We lost Carter for nothing because Babcock was a moron. If BC's good at anything, it's selling players.

Like Jason Kidd?
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#80 » by Mustard_Tiger » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:54 pm

RN06 wrote:This is just non-sense. Stephen A. Smith has absolutely no proof at all that Bosh told Colangelo he isn't going to re-sign and what would Miami want to give up? Miami isn’t going to give up Dwyane Wade or Michael Beasley.

Why wouldn't the Heat give up Beasley for Bosh?

Return to Toronto Raptors