ImageImageImageImageImage

SAS: CB4 told BC he's not re-signing, BC refutes pg 34

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,648

Re: Stephen A. Smith: Bosh told Colangelo he's not re-signing 

Post#81 » by Fairview4Life » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:55 pm

AOC wrote:
UssjTrunks wrote:
jay632 wrote:heh... if this happens, it would be the laughing stock of the league, first we lose carter for nothing, now bosh for nothing?

We lost Carter for nothing because Babcock was a moron. If BC's good at anything, it's selling players.

Like Jason Kidd?

Did Bosh beat his girlfriend?
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Koosh
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#82 » by Koosh » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:58 pm

Sacramento would be a good team to trade with.

Bosh for Kevin Martin + Hawes + 1st would be sweet.
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,582

Post#83 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:59 pm

Like I said in the Boo-ing thread, I'd love to trade Bosh for Al Jefferson. He and Bargnani would compliment each other perfectly, and big Al has the kind of post-up game which might actually be effective in big games; unlike Bosh's pump-fake, jimmy-leg, my-stroke-is-nervous garbage.

But Chris Bosh would never say anything like that to BC right now, because it's just not smart. You don't burn a bridge before you cross it (without injury). He's not a smart player, but he's a fairly smart guy. And nobody with any credibility talks to SAS.
Dayne
Sophomore

Post#84 » by Dayne » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:02 am

The only way another team would give us a reasonable return for Bosh would be if they had a very good chance of resigning him . Which means that the only teams that we could trade him to and expect a decent return are already playoff contenders or teams that will have lots of cap space in 2010 (i.e. New York, Miami, Detroit, Cleveland).

Of course, all of this doesn't matter right now because I don't believe Steve A Smith. He doesn't know what he is talking about.
Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#85 » by Knicksfan1 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:02 am

Anyone who believes Stephen A. should check their brains, just my 2 cents.
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
ImissJordan
General Manager
And1: 968

Post#86 » by ImissJordan » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:05 am

As long as Colangelo gets to keep his darling Bargnani, all is well.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,267

Post#87 » by djsunyc » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:07 am

thesciencedroppa wrote:Like I said in the Boo-ing thread, I'd love to trade Bosh for Al Jefferson. He and Bargnani would compliment each other perfectly, and big Al has the kind of post-up game which might actually be effective in big games; unlike Bosh's pump-fake, jimmy-leg, my-stroke-is-nervous garbage.

But Chris Bosh would never say anything like that to BC right now, because it's just not smart. You don't burn a bridge before you cross it (without injury). He's not a smart player, but he's a fairly smart guy. And nobody with any credibility talks to SAS.

bosh is a no-lose proposition. he will get max money wherever he decides to go. so if he really told colangelo he wanted out, he's actually doing toronto a solid. this gives us enough time to move him and get something of worth in return.
AOC
Junior
And1: 8

Post#88 » by AOC » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:08 am

Fairview4Life wrote:
AOC wrote:
UssjTrunks wrote:We lost Carter for nothing because Babcock was a moron. If BC's good at anything, it's selling players.

Like Jason Kidd?

Did Bosh beat his girlfriend?

I don't know, but it shouldn't really matter.

Babcock was forced to trade Carter and got a crappy return. BC was forced to trade Kidd and got a crappy return. If he is forced to trade Bosh, the same thing could happen; not a knock on his GM skills.

I have been leaning slightly towards trading Bosh, especially if he gives indications that he isn't returning, but it will probably be tough to get good return back for reasons stated in this thread (i.e. the team that trades for him would need assurances the he will sign an extension). It would help if teams get desperate like they did last year after the Gasol trade set off a chain reaction of panic.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,510

Post#89 » by Brinbe » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:10 am

Koosh wrote:Sacramento would be a good team to trade with.

Damn, this could be a great deal depending on high their pick is and if Hawes can develop into a good to great center. Only hole to deal with would be the SF spot, which could be dealt with through the draft. I like.
MacDaddy
RealGM
And1: 428

Post#90 » by MacDaddy » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:16 am

AOC wrote:
I don't know, but it shouldn't really matter.

Babcock was forced to trade Carter and got a crappy return. BC was forced to trade Kidd and got a crappy return.

Neither of them was forced to trade those players, they just did.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,267

Post#91 » by djsunyc » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:18 am

Koosh wrote:Sacramento would be a good team to trade with.

kevin martin has yet to prove he can stay healthy. plus all his #'s are down across the board this year.

hawes? if people rip bargs + bosh for being soft, hawes ain't gonna help any in that department.
Prop
Veteran
And1: 34

Post#92 » by Prop » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:19 am

i not hating on the guy...i love bosh and would hate to see him go but why do people keep saying "OMGZ...bosh is only 24 and is going to keep getting every year!!!!!!!!!!"

uh...no he isn't. he's been essentially the same exact player for a couple of years now and his ceiling probably isn't much higher than where he's at now.
James_Raptors
RealGM
And1: 10,804

Post#93 » by James_Raptors » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:24 am

I don't know if Stephen A. Smith is right about this story or if he's just selling smoke but I do feel as though this Raptor team needs a new identity and a large shake-up (not just an O'Neal trade).
Like others have said, if Bosh even hints that he won't re-sign with us or that he might want a trade, you do your job as a GM and work your butt off to try and find the best deal. But even if we keep Bosh, and he re-signs, and even retires a Raptor, I am not confident that we can win with him unless we revamp our lineup quite a bit, focusing more on defense, better interior play, getting a slasher, etc. This weak poor chucking team with no defense has no shot at being anything more than a treadmill team at best.
08-14-'21:
(re: Scottie Barnes)
-Top 3 Raptors of all-time, 5+ ASG, Min 1 All-NBA 1st /2nd,Min 3 All-Def 1st or 2nd team,between years 2-3 in the running for best current player on our roster,best Raptor on the team, multiple years in a row

RIP Hater
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,777

Post#94 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:32 am

Also, it could explain why Bosh has been so shaky the past couple of games. He just doesn't look like he cares anymore, so something's obviously up.

If we trade Bosh, you gotta trade some of the other big, long contracts on this team as well. Like Jason Kapono, JO, and even Calderon. Colangelo's got to come up with a sound direction to take this team...what identity does he want this team to have? Hopefully, it's not the current jumpshooting, if we make 'em we win, if we shoot under 50% we lose.
Koosh
Banned User

Post#95 » by Koosh » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:35 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Also, it could explain why Bosh has been so shaky the past couple of games. He just doesn't look like he cares anymore, so something's obviously up.

If we trade Bosh, you gotta trade some of the other big, long contracts on this team as well. Like Jason Kapono, JO, and even Calderon. Colangelo's got to come up with a sound direction to take this team...what identity does he want this team to have? Hopefully, it's not the current jumpshooting, if we make 'em we win, if we shoot under 50% we lose.

Bosh and Kapono for Marion and Beasley should work. I dunno if the heat would do this but if they want to have Wade and Bosh on the same team (which could be a deadly combo) they'd have to give us more than just Marion. This would be a pretty sweet deal for us too.
KSR
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#96 » by KSR » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:43 am

Koosh wrote:
Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Also, it could explain why Bosh has been so shaky the past couple of games. He just doesn't look like he cares anymore, so something's obviously up.

Bosh and Kapono for Marion and Beasley should work. I dunno if the heat would do this but if they want to have Wade and Bosh on the same team (which could be a deadly combo) they'd have to give us more than just Marion. This would be a pretty sweet deal for us too.

Marion and Beasley? eww what are u smoking dude
B_Unit
Sophomore

Post#97 » by B_Unit » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:44 am

if bosh isn't resigning, im glad he told colangelo now. at least it gives him a year plus to get a deal done. could be worse (like what T-Mac did)
Koosh
Banned User

Post#98 » by Koosh » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:44 am

You think that's a bad trade for us?
beno
Sixth Man

Post#99 » by beno » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:45 am

SAS isn't credible. Look at his career, he's been trying to get attention for years.
rapsrealm
Assistant Coach
And1: 424

Post#100 » by rapsrealm » Mon Feb 2, 2009 12:45 am

I think there could be some truth to this. I think ever since Mitchell got canned Bosh hasn't been himself...he's had a few subpar games where he only scores 12-14 points and hasn't been getting that many boards either. I think Bosh may think Mitchell was let go just to take the heat off of Colangelo for some questionable personnel changes.

I think they really need to trade Bosh not only to get the best value but also to reconfigure this team in a more balanced way.

Here's a deal I think should go down:

Raps trade:
Bosh
Parker

Portland trades:
LaFrentz (80% being paid by insurance so not a big deal and we get an expiring)
Aldridge (a player similar to Bosh who is a budding star)
Fernandez (a cheap acquisition who has potential to be a solid starter/6th man)
Webster (injured this year but has shown signs he can really fill it up)

Portland has a deadly team with Oden/Bosh/Roy

Toronto could keep JO for the rest of the season and trade him either during the summer or next year.

Return to Toronto Raptors