ImageImageImageImageImage

So... anyone watch the MSG feed?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

[]D [] [V] []D
Pro Prospect
And1: 94

So... anyone watch the MSG feed? 

Post#1 » by []D [] [V] []D » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:11 pm

They kept talking about Bosh not being worthy of the talk of him being an elite player in 2010. That he plays like he's invisible and that they don't want him on the Knicks. He needs to wash his hair. They were pretty rough on him, but they weren't wrong.

I dont know if this deserves its own thread, but what I do know is that I did in fact make one.
"Pimpin aint easy! I'm just hella good, so I make it look easy!'' - Jesus Christ
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Re: So... anyone watch the MSG feed? 

Post#2 » by J-Roc » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:12 pm

Dammit, we need teams to be fooled by him into this offseason, to get something good back for him.
RaptorHead
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by RaptorHead » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:14 pm

[]D[][]V[][]D wrote:They kept talking about Bosh not being worthy of the talk of him being an elite player in 2010. That he plays like he's invisible and that they don't want him on the Knicks. He needs to wash his hair. They were pretty rough on him, but they weren't wrong.

I dont know if this deserves its own thread, but what I do know is that I did in fact make one.

They said he needs to wash his hair? :lol:
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Post#5 » by Spicy P » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:14 pm

I did. Gus Johnson was the other guy I think and he kept asking why Bosh was such a highly coveted player and that he is just a really good player and not a max player. Frazier was somewhat defending Bosh by saying he was hurt and getting doubled or tripled everytime he touches the ball.
[]D [] [V] []D
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by []D [] [V] []D » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:15 pm

®ated wrote:Gus Johnson is a tard...i'm forced to watch MSG being in the tri-state area...and Gus Johnson just infuriates me, cuz he's like a level 72 Tommy Heinshon..

Whoa... I dont know about that, I seriously would not watch the game if there was a commentator THAT bad, I HATE Tommy.
"Pimpin aint easy! I'm just hella good, so I make it look easy!'' - Jesus Christ
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,978

Post#8 » by MEDIC » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:19 pm

Speaking of NY. djsunyc came down for this game. Maybe he is providing some good luck. Looks like we are going to have to delay his flight back to NYC until the end of the season!

Very good timing for someone to come into town to see what the ACC is like when the team is winning. Glad it went so well for him.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
[]D [] [V] []D
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by []D [] [V] []D » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:21 pm

RaptorHead wrote:
[]D[][]V[][]D wrote:They kept talking about Bosh not being worthy of the talk of him being an elite player in 2010. That he plays like he's invisible and that they don't want him on the Knicks. He needs to wash his hair. They were pretty rough on him, but they weren't wrong.

They said he needs to wash his hair? :lol:

Well... To be honest, I dont want to be honest so... Yes, yes they did.
scirocco53
Senior
And1: 164

Post#10 » by scirocco53 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:57 pm

Even though I am a homer, do we really believe that Bosh is at the top of any list of the free agents in 2010.

He is 3rd at best.

The biggest issue the Raptors have is that we are calling a really good player our franchise player, and are looking for pieces to fill in around him. Probably because short of drafting another Carter or McGrady, we will never get a true #1 guy here.

I think of Bosh like I do of Pierce. A good player that needs 2 all stars to win. When we traded for JO, we got an older star, and have now replaced him with Marion.

I would take many other players over Bosh, and I like Bosh very much.
"Release the hounds"
EH15
General Manager
And1: 6,945

Post#11 » by EH15 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:00 pm

How can you watch when Walt Frazier's talking? One of the worst voices on TV. Right after Austin Carr.
Yungstar
Senior
And1: 157

Post#12 » by Yungstar » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:05 pm

Anyone currently watching the ABC halftime show? They were showing the Knicks/Raps highlights, and Stuart Scott asked "Andrea Bargnani... why dont we talk about him much?" as the clips hows him knocking a 3 down, and you could hear Jon Barry in the background, almost under his breathe say "because he's in Toronto...."

What is with this douche?
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#13 » by Volcano » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:07 pm

I thought Bosh played pretty good D in the first half..and I liked his role on offense, even if he missed a few easy buckets. I agree that Bosh shouldn't be taken as an elite player, but rather a 2nd or 3rd star.
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#14 » by Assassin_1 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:08 pm

E-H-1-5 wrote:How can you watch when Walt Frazier's talking? One of the worst voices on TV. Right after Austin Carr.

I''m very good at toning people out how do you think I watch Raptors basketball and tone Leo out?
ZeriousLy
Lead Assistant
And1: 775

Post#15 » by ZeriousLy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Yungstar wrote:Anyone currently watching the ABC halftime show? They were showing the Knicks/Raps highlights, and Stuart Scott asked "Andrea Bargnani... why dont we talk about him much?" as the clips hows him knocking a 3 down, and you could hear Jon Barry in the background, almost under his breathe say "because he's in Toronto...."

Lol haha John Saunders should punch him in the face.
Kohanz
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 992

Post#16 » by Kohanz » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:18 pm

Yungstar wrote:Anyone currently watching the ABC halftime show? They were showing the Knicks/Raps highlights, and Stuart Scott asked "Andrea Bargnani... why dont we talk about him much?" as the clips hows him knocking a 3 down, and you could hear Jon Barry in the background, almost under his breathe say "because he's in Toronto...."

Does the truth hurt?
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,216

Post#17 » by LLJ » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:22 pm

Kohanz wrote:

Does the truth hurt?

Yes. :(

That said, we've never been an elite team so we've never seen what it would be like if we were to be taken seriously.
cutthroat
Senior
And1: 0

Post#18 » by cutthroat » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pm

obviously they haven't factored in that hes coming back from an injury than hes not 100% yet,and now that they have Marion, he is not the only scoring option,shared by Andrea Marion,even Parker,the raptors are trying to play uptempo,which is not Boshes bread and butter,but easily can be,he is athletic enough to flourish an any fast pace team,still young.and it was immature, rude and disrespectful to make that comment about Boshes hair,that's was a personal comment a cheap shot keep the cheap shots to boshes game not his physical looks.
danny-callahan
Head Coach
And1: 84

Post#19 » by danny-callahan » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:29 pm

Yeah I noticed that. What if Andrea was averaging 26 a game? Would he get the same coverage as a player on a winning team? Probably not, and if thats what Barry meant by being in Toronto I completely understand.
My problem is if he meant that Toronto is less than a real franchise because its not in the States, and thus he doesnt care about Andrea's numbers. Its no secret that major NBA stations have a huge bias against Toronto in terms of coverage, but if Jon Barry acutally vocalized that its not only unprofessional but completely idiodic.
[]D [] [V] []D
Pro Prospect

Post#20 » by []D [] [V] []D » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:36 pm

I'm sure its because Toronto sucks, the team... I'm sure they would say the same if it was someone in Memphis or Oklahoma. The Hornets get attention now because they got an MVP player or else it would be the same deal there. Sacramento is back to being a loser town so you dont hear about Kevin Martin as much but maybe its just me, I dont watch no ESPN or basketball stuff, I just tune to watch the Raptors and RealGM.

By the way, I find Clyde to be hilarious, the way he tries to sound so smart... I just wait in anticipation for him to bust out a new word or for the play by play guy to start laughing at him for speaking... Which reminds me of the episode of Friends when Joey Graham, oops Triviany, uses the Thesaurus on every word so he could sound smart.

Return to Toronto Raptors