ImageImageImageImageImage

Chris Bosh breaks own record

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Re: Chris Bosh breaks own record 

Post#141 » by Death Knight » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:50 am

lol........Here comes CreaM.

Bosh for president!
KING01
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#142 » by KING01 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:40 am

Reading the stupidness in this thread, just makes me realize that Bosh needs to stay.

I could careless that he shoots jumpshots or does not drive much.

I realize that Bosh needs to get payed, and stay in Toronto. I would definetly hate this team if Bosh goes. The fans ran TJ out of town, now they want to run the Best Player out of town.

"Stats" prove that Bosh Attacks the basket at the same pace as other big men, yet when stats are used the Fanboys on the team claim stats don't mean nothing. All I can say is that this team would be so crappy without bosh that It would be hard to cheer or go to games.

Peace
Singh is King
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#143 » by Singh is King » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:43 am

I don't see what the big deals even if all bosh did was shoot jumpshots. He shoots jumpshots at a high rate, i think his efg% is 0.494 or somehting, and alot of those are contested, it does not matter how you score, all that matters is efficiency
Blue Jays Forum Where all the cool people post
I-AM-A-BEAST
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#144 » by I-AM-A-BEAST » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:51 am

SuigintouEV wrote:bosh is very good at attacking the rim and getting the call, but those scenarios only happen 1 on 1, against mediocre and bad defenders.

Against good defenders like varejao and KG, bosh does settle for jumpers a lot more, and he tends not to make them either. But that's not the issue:

the issue is that against defenses locked in on him, he as a slashing big man is not someone who can drive and kick... which is what the best outside-in offenses are all about. Nor is he a high post passer a la webber. Passing is his flaw offensively. And he's not a post-scorer either, where the pass can be made more methodically. Finally he doesn't have much of a pull up jumper, IE if he's driving to the rim, whereas a guard will be able to recognize a shot blocker and pull up (arenas, wade and kobe are especially good at this), bosh will keep going and often gets stripped or blocked or misses badly. The problem isn't that he doesn' t have a guard skillset, no one expects a big man to have a guard skillset. It's that he's got a guard's game without a guard's skillset. See also: Corey Maggette. If bosh is going to shoot the jumper, he likes to shoot it before he makes his move, it's just not in his game to shoot the jumper after freezing his man, at most he'll rely on his jab steps. FINALLY, CB4 is dependant on getting bail-out calls when he messes up.

As for toughness: Bosh's lack of toughness is more apparent when he fails to box out his man and his man gets an open rebound. He's consistently been a bad rebounder, funny enough our best rebounding year with him came when he was averaging like 8 or 9 a game, IE when he wasn't expected to be our primary source of rebounding (it was a true team effort in 06/07).

Actually, you couldn't be more wrong. His best rebounding season was in 06/07 when he averaged 10.7 a game. And make no mistake, he was definitely expected to be our primary source of rebounding that year because our second and third best rebounders were Garbo and Rasho at 4.9 and 4.5 a game respectively.

I'm sorry, but calling Bosh a consistently bad rebounder is just silly IMO.
kirbs
Banned User

Post#145 » by kirbs » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:24 pm

"How did Bosh set a new Raptor record last night by getting nine trips to the line that gave him 599 for the season? That eclipses his own record of 590, set in 2006-07."

Ummm....maybe because he hasn't been "injured" as much this season? His FTA/game is down for the 2nd straight season.
Ramen Monster
Pro Prospect

Post#146 » by Ramen Monster » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:41 pm

Death Knight wrote:Let me use Ukic as an example. When he takes a stupid shot and doesn't make the right decision to pass the ball in the first possession, more often than not he is scared to do it again in the second possession. In his second possession, he gives it up quickly because he doesn't want to make the same mistaken again or is trying to correct or make up for it by doing the right thing the second time around.

Well, Bosh takes a stupid shot in the first possession.............then in the second possession he finally does the right thing to get to the free throw line. But the damage and mistaken has already been made/done in the first possession. Getting to the free throw line the second time around doesn't mean as much as getting there in the first possession.

Ugh.
chsh22
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#147 » by chsh22 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:44 pm

While I'm not a fan of criticizing Bosh's game, people do need to realize that Bosh *does* get fouled shooting jumpers, possibly more than anyone else in the league.

I think this is a case of stats vs watching games.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:If you were going to give the raps board an enema, you'd stick the tube in this thread.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#148 » by whysoserious » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Death Knight wrote:
Except there are actually others who see the same things I see. There must be some validity to it don't you think?

Not just the fans, but even the commentators and analysis bring up the topic about Bosh going or not going to the basket or trying to get to the free throw line AT CERTAIN TIMES OF THE GAME.

And I don't think my Roko Ukic analogy is all that bad. When he does something stupid like take a stupid shot, he won't dare try it the 2nd possession down the court again. At least not several possessions afterwards when maybe people have forgotten about it already. With Bosh, he messes up the first time, and then second time around he does the right thing, but often than not it's too late because the first mistake has already made its negative impact.

Wait, so some agree with you and that validates your point, what about the people that agree with the opposite view point, what does that mean?
Reignman
Banned User
And1: 391

Post#149 » by Reignman » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:31 pm

Hating on Bosh is an effort in futility. If anything, hate on the garbage that surrounds him, like the PG that can't create or defend, or the Center that can't rebound or play any help defense or the wing rotation that can't create their own shot or the.........

You get the point. I still believe in building around your best player and Bosh is THAT guy. We ain't getting a better player than him in a trade and if we did get a high pick, we'd be fortunate for that player to turn out as good as Bosh. Give Bosh a star wing and defense at the other positions along with a great 6th man and decent bench and he'll easily prove his worth.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#150 » by The_Hater » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Reignman wrote:Hating on Bosh is an effort in futility. If anything, hate on the garbage that surrounds him, like the PG that can't create or defend, or the Center that can't rebound or play any help defense or the wing rotation that can't create their own shot or the.........

You get the point. I still believe in building around your best player and Bosh is THAT guy. We ain't getting a better player than him in a trade and if we did get a high pick, we'd be fortunate for that player to turn out as good as Bosh. Give Bosh a star wing and defense at the other positions along with a great 6th man and decent bench and he'll easily prove his worth.

This is it in a nutshell.

Whenever a team starts losing, the star player generally takes the major part of the blame and fans ingore all the incompetence surrounding him that makes it difficult to compete. That happens time and time again.

The wise solution is to add more star talent around your current star, but impatient fans generalize that the solution is to dump the star player for a bunch of lesser talents in your typical 3 nickles for a dollar giveaway. But last time I checked, teams without star players don't compete for titles. And whichever team lands Bosh in a Pau Gasol type of deal will be thanking their lucky stars. Basically it's much wiser to be on the the Lakers end of those Pau Gasol type deals, not the Grizzlies end. But don't tell the Bosh critics that.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
whysoserious
RealGM

Post#151 » by whysoserious » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:38 pm

Wasn't it just a couple of years ago, people were clamouring that Pierce couldn't lead a team and that KG couldn't lead a team and Allen was showing signs of age. Now put the three of them together and they all look infinitely better. It's not Bosh's fault he's been surrounded by a less than stellar supporting case and barely any other major weapons.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#152 » by J-Roc » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:45 pm

whysoserious wrote:Wasn't it just a couple of years ago, people were clamouring that Pierce couldn't lead a team and that KG couldn't lead a team and Allen was showing signs of age. Now put the three of them together and they all look infinitely better. It's not Bosh's fault he's been surrounded by a less than stellar supporting case and barely any other major weapons.

Are you expecting this team to go into the lux tax?
isyed
Starter
And1: 313

Post#153 » by isyed » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:55 pm

Can we just mark both J-Roc and Death Knight as Bosh haters and ignore anything they have to say. It seems so pointless since all they do is hate hate and more hate. Can't we just pile up all the crap like Mustard Tiger and these two and burn them like the pile of crap they really are?

This would make this board a lot more insightful by removing these guys, only on Bosh related topics.
whysoserious
RealGM

Post#154 » by whysoserious » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:02 pm

J-Roc wrote:
whysoserious wrote:Wasn't it just a couple of years ago, people were clamouring that Pierce couldn't lead a team and that KG couldn't lead a team and Allen was showing signs of age. Now put the three of them together and they all look infinitely better. It's not Bosh's fault he's been surrounded by a less than stellar supporting case and barely any other major weapons.

Yes, under the right circumstances. But your post did nothing to address what I stated. People were complaining about Pierce and Garnett not being franchise players and that they couldn't win but suddenly they're together and everyone's saying 'oh, they always had it in them'.

Bosh is by no means perfect, he has flaws in his game and needs to improve on certain things, but u guys are casting him aside like he's trash and the fact is he's never even had a legit second option to play with.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#155 » by J-Roc » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:14 pm

whysoserious wrote:
J-Roc wrote:

Yes, under the right circumstances. But your post did nothing to address what I stated. People were complaining about Pierce and Garnett not being franchise players and that they couldn't win but suddenly they're together and everyone's saying 'oh, they always had it in them'.

Bosh is by no means perfect, he has flaws in his game and needs to improve on certain things, but u guys are casting him aside like he's trash and the fact is he's never even had a legit second option to play with.

I think there's a reason the big three on Boston are not considered in the same manner as Kobe and Lebron and Wade. It's understood that KG, Pierce and Allen needed to play as part of a "big three" to win. It worked. But it was a luxury tax gamble. NBA Experts like Chuck Swirsky weren't even convinced the Celtics would be all that good because he doubted if they could share the ball, or if there was depth....yet they were already in lux tax territory.

It did work out. But it's only a system certain rich teams can consider.

As for Bosh, he IS a very good player. You can quote me on that. But unless we're going into the lux tax, we've run out of time with him. If we make him a max player, there won't be enough room to build around him. BC should have built around him these last couple of years, and he was on track (seemingly) two years ago. But not anymore. For Bosh to work out here, he'd have to be willing to hang in for a few more bad years while we let some bad contracts run out. And wait for us to get some picks that usually take a good two or three years to pan out. That's reality, folks.

Return to Toronto Raptors