ImageImageImageImageImage

Chris Bosh breaks own record

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

ansoncarter
Head Coach
And1: 367

Re: Chris Bosh breaks own record 

Post#21 » by ansoncarter » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:02 pm

Yuri Vaultin wrote: Like it or not folks, this is the flopping era in basketball and add to that the fact that Bosh is entitled to get his "star calls" then you have a recipe for him to be top 5 in free throws attempted and fouls drawn.

'thats' not even close to the recipe
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,284

Post#22 » by Yuri Vaultin » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:06 pm

ansoncarter wrote:
I'm not knocking chris

lol yes you are
you just called him the worst alltime for offensive flopping. And said he looks like someone shot him from the rafters.

Even though he almost never hits the deck. Ever. This board sucks

Nope. Reading comprehension is key. I'm saying he is the BEST offensive flopper for POWER FORWARDS of all time. The key with flopping isn't necessarily faking contact, but emphasizing any and all contact with zeal to ensure a whistle is blown. He does that very well.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
Judas Priest
Junior
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Judas Priest » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:14 pm

Yuri Vaultin wrote:The key with flopping isn't necessarily faking contact, but emphasizing any and all contact with zeal to ensure a whistle is blown. He does that very well.

:roll:

Can you hear what you're saying?
New Joey is Born!
Pchu
Lead Assistant
And1: 230

Post#24 » by Pchu » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 pm

I don't mind Bosh taking jumpers. It makes him tougher to defender; if he just drives in every play then he will get a lot of offensive fouls and such. And it's not like he is a guard where he can use some dribbling skills to create openings. He is a PF who can get to the rim with 1 or 2 dribbles, anything more than that would expose him completely.

To stop him, it's to give him an open jumper and take away the drive. Hope that he miss. Orlando did that this year.
supersub15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#25 » by supersub15 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:19 pm

ansoncarter wrote:there's probably a stat for this somewhere
hopefully someone's bored enough to look it up

http://www.82games.com/0809/FGSORT17.HTM
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,767

Post#26 » by ForeverTFC » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:37 pm

supersub15 wrote:
ansoncarter wrote:there's probably a stat for this somewhere
hopefully someone's bored enough to look it up

http://www.82games.com/0809/FGSORT17.HTM

I think everyone should take a look at that page. It will clear up a lot.

I could see some people saying he shoots too many jumpshots. 60% of his attempts are two pointers. But he is in the same league as Nowitzki(74%), Mcdyess(74%),Garnett (71%),Brand (70%), West (68%), Gooden (65%), Aldridge (63%), Ilgauskas (60%), Dunacan (57%). Maybe we don't realize that these two pointers ARE a power forwards game.

Going inside 35% of his attempts he is in the same area as Ilgauskas (35%), Lebron James (36%), Aldridge (34%), Duncan (42%) and Stoudemire (45%).

Lets add that other than a coupel of these guys, no one gets the consisten double team like CB4 which clogs the lane for him.

He is in the top 20 with 77 dunks in the season, 7th in the league with 53 and 1s and and top 20 in getting fouled. Other then Stoudemire, no one in his percenentage group of going inside gets fouled at his rate, showing how tough is it for him in there.

Maybe some of the criticism is unwarranted?
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#27 » by J-Roc » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:39 pm

You guys will just never get it. Would Dwight Howard be satisfied if he was #5 in the league in rebounds? No, because he has the skillset to be #1. And he knows that if he's not #1 in that stat, then he's not being as effect as he should be for his team.

As long as Chris Bosh - the only big man in the league who can actually drive - is satisfied being mainly a jumpshooter, and not #1 in knocking other bigs out of the game with foul trouble (same applies to Bargnani), this team is going nowhere.

More importantly, Bosh absolutely needs to add some real low post moves to his game if he wants to continue drawing fouls. Right now, he solely relies on his quickness advantage over other plodding bigs. His first step. That WILL go. If he wants to be a jumpshooter, then fine, he needs to hit his shots as well as Dirk. Otherwise, he needs to get more inside moves goin and he needs to practice his bank shots.
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#28 » by dacrusha » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:42 pm

The hate for Bosh here runs deep.

If he doesn't get calls and go to the line, it's because he's a soft jump shooter.

If he's top 5 in the league at getting calls and going to the line, it's because he's a flopper.

This board is a disgrace.
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
STA 13
Lead Assistant
And1: 361

Post#29 » by STA 13 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:45 pm

This is probably the only fanbase that would turn such an impressive stat/accomplishment into a negative. haha
itbobby007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,827

Post#30 » by itbobby007 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:45 pm

STA 13 wrote:This is probably the only fanbase that would turn such an impressive stat/accomplishment into a negative. haha

Agreed.
ZeriousLy
Lead Assistant
And1: 775

Post#31 » by ZeriousLy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:45 pm

People think slashing to the basket constantly is good, well it's not you, have to keep the defense honest by mixing up your game or else they will just flood the lane and that will result in a turnover.

Why hate on Bosh taking jumpers anyways, I am pretty sure he makes them at least 55% of the time.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,342

Post#32 » by Shaazzam » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:51 pm

J-Roc wrote:You guys will just never get it. Would Dwight Howard be satisfied if he was #5 in the league in rebounds? No, because he has the skillset to be #1. And he knows that if he's not #1 in that stat, then he's not being as effect as he should be for his team.

As long as Chris Bosh - the only big man in the league who can actually drive - is satisfied being mainly a jumpshooter, and not #1 in knocking other bigs out of the game with foul trouble (same applies to Bargnani), this team is going nowhere.

More importantly, Bosh absolutely needs to add some real low post moves to his game if he wants to continue drawing fouls. Right now, he solely relies on his quickness advantage over other plodding bigs. His first step. That WILL go. If he wants to be a jumpshooter, then fine, he needs to hit his shots as well as Dirk. Otherwise, he needs to get more inside moves goin and he needs to practice his bank shots.

You're right. I don't get how your use of hyperbole helps you make a point. What's the point of having versatile bigs if there is only one on the whole L that can drive? Thanks for clearing that up for me.

And I guess you've never seen his baby hook.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#33 » by dacrusha » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:52 pm

itbobby007 wrote:
STA 13 wrote:This is probably the only fanbase that would turn such an impressive stat/accomplishment into a negative. haha

Agreed.

If Bosh led the league in scoring, you can still bet that there would be more threads on this board criticizing his defense than praising his offensive accomplishments.
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
supersub15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#34 » by supersub15 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:53 pm

ZeriousLy wrote:People think slashing to the basket constantly is good, well it's not you, have to keep the defense honest by mixing up your game or else they will just flood the lane and that will result in a turnover.

Why hate on Bosh taking jumpers anyways, I am pretty sure he makes them at least 55% of the time.

People see the same player 82 games a year and his flaws become magnified. Allen Iverson had a TS% of .496 in his fourth year. But you wouldn't know it from the way people were idiolizing him on this board. It's a sad part of sports. But more so here in Toronto.
ZeriousLy
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by ZeriousLy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:53 pm

Shaazzam wrote:
J-Roc wrote:You guys will just never get it. Would Dwight Howard be satisfied if he was #5 in the league in rebounds? No, because he has the skillset to be #1. And he knows that if he's not #1 in that stat, then he's not being as effect as he should be for his team.

You're right. I don't get how your use of hyperbole helps you make a point. What's the point of having versatile bigs if there is only one on the whole L that can drive? Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Yeah, he's really improved on his low block scoring.
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#36 » by J-Roc » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:57 pm

Shaazzam wrote:

The baby hook is nice. It's a money move which could actually draw fouls legitimately in the future, when he slows down. Here's hoping he works on it more. He just needs to get an up and under going if the defender plays his left hand. But it's all dependent on deep position.

CB disappointed me this year because he showed no improvement in his game. The baby hook should have become a regular move for him since Game 1. A move we see a few times every game. Kind of like his drive and reverse-spin move from a year or two ago. The majority of his game this year was the same old.

And the only stat you need to look at is 31 - 49.
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#37 » by J-Roc » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:58 pm

dacrusha wrote:
itbobby007 wrote:

Agreed.

If Bosh led the league in scoring, you can still bet that there would be more threads on this board criticizing his defense than praising his offensive accomplishments.

If the team was 31 - 49, yes.

It boggles my mind that fans are more interested in individual stats than a winning team. The winning team is for us, the fans. Individual stats are for contract negotiations for the player.
ZeriousLy
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by ZeriousLy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:00 pm

J-Roc wrote:
Shaazzam wrote:

The baby hook is nice. It's a money move which could actually draw fouls legitimately in the future, when he slows down. Here's hoping he works on it more. He just needs to get an up and under going if the defender plays his left hand. But it's all dependent on deep position.

CB disappointed me this year because he showed no improvement in his game. The baby hook should have become a regular move for him since Game 1. A move we see a few times every game. Kind of like his drive and reverse-spin move from a year or two ago. The majority of his game this year was the same old.

LOL!!!
rdtx2005
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#39 » by rdtx2005 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:04 pm

5DOM wrote:
Good point, but he can do something other than taking a contested jump shot. I know it's an unfair comparison to Chris (because he has inferior supporting cast), but TD manages to stay very effective while not scoring. Besides, if taking a contested jump shot was our plan, we have better midrange shooters than him.

these two go hand in hand.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,342

Post#40 » by Shaazzam » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:09 pm

J-Roc wrote:
Shaazzam wrote:

So it's because CB4 didn't improve any part of his game that we are 31-49?

Damn you Chris Bosh, damn you for not being able to carry poorly coached, disjointed, talent lacking, injured team. :roll:

There are a hell of a lot more problems with this team being a contender than CB4 not having a Dream Shake.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone

Return to Toronto Raptors