ImageImageImageImageImage

Chris Bosh breaks own record

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Ramen Monster
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: Chris Bosh breaks own record 

Post#41 » by Ramen Monster » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:11 pm

J-Roc wrote:
Shaazzam wrote:
And I guess you've never seen his baby hook.

The baby hook is nice. It's a money move which could actually draw fouls legitimately in the future, when he slows down. Here's hoping he works on it more. He just needs to get an up and under going if the defender plays his left hand. But it's all dependent on deep position.

CB disappointed me this year because he showed no improvement in his game. The baby hook should have become a regular move for him since Game 1. A move we see a few times every game. Kind of like his drive and reverse-spin move from a year or two ago. The majority of his game this year was the same old.

And the only stat you need to look at is 31 - 49.

Sometimes good players are on bad teams?
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,284

Post#42 » by Yuri Vaultin » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:12 pm

Shaazzam wrote:So it's because CB4 didn't improve any part of his game that we are 31-49?

Damn you Chris Bosh, damn you for not being able to carry poorly coached, disjointed, talent lacking, injured team. :roll:

There are a hell of a lot more problems with this team being a contender than CB4 not having a Dream Shake.

Like a lack of a starting quality 2 or/and 3 for the majority of the season... Jose injured. The list goes on. But this rant is for another thread altogether...
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#43 » by dacrusha » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:13 pm

J-Roc wrote:
If the team was 31 - 49, yes.

It boggles my mind that fans are more interested in individual stats than a winning team. The winning team is for us, the fans. Individual stats are for contract negotiations for the player.

In that case, you must think that every good player on Indiana, Charlotte, New Jersey, Milwaukee, New York, Washington, GS, Minnesota, OKC, LAC and Sacramento is useless and should be on the trading block.
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#44 » by Headliner » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:17 pm

If bosh had a slashing 2 who got to the line, his FT's would drop.
We have no one capable of getting to the line, they have to give them to someone, so they give them to him.
chargerxthirty
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#45 » by chargerxthirty » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:20 pm

Rupaul had 600 attempts in 1987
Romaniano
Banned User
And1: 611

Bosh...enough is enough (Rant thread) 

Post#46 » by Romaniano » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:27 pm

Listen guys, the problem on this team is not Bosh. It's the surrounding cast, they are probably the worst in the NBA -- even the thunder is better. Stop putting the blame on him, he bangs, goes to the stripe, blocks shots... hes a damn 20/10 player which will be top 2 PF in the league within 3 years after Duncan and KG retire. You people need to email BC and tell him WTF is up with Banks, and old Marion who's knees are deteriorating by the game, and moreover, wtf is up with UKIC (plays like a woman go to the damn WNBA or workout your skinny frame kid -- you're getting payid to play a sport, wtf do you do the other 10 hours in a day you're not playing a game?) Let's not get started on overusing poor AP, and J-KILLa.... what a joke more like JK joke of the f*cking NBA. How'd this guy even get drafted?

Only players I respect and want on this team are

Caldy, Bosh and Pops/AP. Everybody else get the f*ck out or throw them away, I highly doubt anyone even wants this trash.

// end rant.

Please add your rants to this thread.
Romaniano
Banned User
And1: 611

Re: Bosh...enough is enough (Rant thread) 

Post#47 » by Romaniano » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:28 pm

Romaniano wrote:Listen guys, the problem on this team is not Bosh. It's the surrounding cast, they are probably the worst in the NBA -- even the thunder is better. Stop putting the blame on him, he bangs, goes to the stripe, blocks shots... hes a damn 20/10 player which will be top 2 PF in the league within 3 years after Duncan and KG retire. You people need to email BC and tell him WTF is up with Banks, and old Marion who's knees are deteriorating by the game, and moreover, wtf is up with UKIC (plays like a woman go to the damn WNBA or workout your skinny frame kid -- you're getting paid to play a sport, wtf do you do the other 10 hours in a day you're not playing a game?) Let's not get started on overusing poor AP, and J-KILLa.... what a joke more like JK joke of the f*cking NBA. How'd this guy even get drafted?

Only players I respect and want on this team are

Caldy, Bosh and Pops/AP. Everybody else get the f*ck out or throw them away, I highly doubt anyone even wants this trash.

// end rant.

Please add your rants to this thread.
Calderon
Banned User
And1: 199

Post#48 » by Calderon » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:30 pm

Instead of keeping a grip on the ball, following through his defenders arms, and finishing strong at the basket he throws the ball up in the air, flails his arms, grunts, and gets the foul call.
Rapsfan4life
Rookie
And1: 56

Post#49 » by Rapsfan4life » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:30 pm

I'd agree Bosh is treated way to un fairly in this forum, the guy is a perienall 20/10 guy. It isn't his fault we are 31-49. People also need to stop hating on him if he makes a bad move in late game situations, he is not a go to guy, he is a second option on a championship caliber team. We need a much better suporting cast next to him.

But IMO this thread is not needed :(
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#50 » by basketball royalty » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:37 pm

I am sick and tired about hearing Bosh's supporting cast is crap! We have a solid core moving forward in Bosh, Bargs, Jose and Marion! We finally got rid of our bonehead coach the SMitch and while Triano is not the savior at least he will follow through with what is right for the franchise, because you can't have your GM thinking thinks one way and the coach going the other!
Also, I like Pops but stop making him look like baby KG when the guy shoots 36%, if we resign him and I hope we will, I don't think he should be making major dollars or be handed a major role on the team! He has got to do more to earn that! Give me Joey over Pops anytime!
Also, not a fan of Ukic, the dude has got to learn to give up the rock! I am mos def not against shipping him off in a trade and have liked what I've seen out of Douby in 10 days more than what I've seen of Roko over the entire season!
Let old man AP go back to Europe and cash in a large contract and lets bring back Delfino and pretend like this season never happened!

//end rant
props to Turbozone for the sig
Vandal Savage
Suspended
And1: 1,123

Post#51 » by Vandal Savage » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:37 pm

So are you going to give him 133 million.
Calderon
Banned User

Post#52 » by Calderon » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:38 pm

Bosh has had ONE 20/10 season in his entire career. Hardly perennial. Just saying.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,771

Post#53 » by ForeverTFC » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:40 pm

Calderon wrote:Instead of keeping a grip on the ball, following through his defenders arms, and finishing strong at the basket he throws the ball up in the air, flails his arms, grunts, and gets the foul call.

There are numbers in this thread that show he is one of the best in the league at finishing an And 1. How about the guy is double teamed half the time going up?

I have many criticisms of Bosh's game, but how he gets to the free throw line is not one of them. Its a baseless arguement bashing a player just for the sake of doing it. All the numbers go agaisnt you in this one.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,546

Post#54 » by Tha Cynic » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:40 pm

It's always the same posters. This is becoming more comedic than anything else. :lol:

It is fun sitting back and waiting for some of these posters to post.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,771

Post#55 » by ForeverTFC » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:42 pm

umaga2020 wrote:So are you going to give him 133 million.

That is a totally different argument. If we pick up a stud in the draft, and Andrea keeps improving, then no he is not worth that money.

If everything stays the same, relative to this teams needs, yes he is worth 133 million.
Reignman
Banned User
And1: 391

Post#56 » by Reignman » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:45 pm

I'm a Bosh fan so I might have some bias to my post, but I think Bosh just needs to work on 3 things:

1. Aggressiveness on D
2. Quicker decision-making with the ball on offense
3. Passing

If he can improve on those things in the next couple of years, he'll easily be worth that max deal coming his way (which he'll most likely get regardless).
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,546

Post#57 » by Tha Cynic » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:45 pm

J-Roc wrote:If the team was 31 - 49, yes.

It boggles my mind that fans are more interested in individual stats than a winning team. The winning team is for us, the fans. Individual stats are for contract negotiations for the player.

It boggles my mind that some fans are still ignorant to the fact that this is a team game. I could bring up the Garnett situation, but then again, that won't accomplish much to those who have tunnel vision. Keep it up, though. :clap:
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#58 » by J-Roc » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:48 pm

Shaazzam wrote:So it's because CB4 didn't improve any part of his game that we are 31-49?

Damn you Chris Bosh, damn you for not being able to carry poorly coached, disjointed, talent lacking, injured team. :roll:

There are a hell of a lot more problems with this team being a contender than CB4 not having a Dream Shake.

No one in any board has ever put ALL the blame on any ONE player. I know I didn't. Maybe you're the kind of guy who gives all credit to one player when a team does well. You wouldn't be the only one. If this team was better next year because of coaching or depth or whatever....and yet if CB put up the exact same numbers, you all would hype Bosh as the reason the team is good.
Eating a Book
General Manager
And1: 2,340

Post#59 » by Eating a Book » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:49 pm

tha-prince wrote:
umaga2020 wrote:So are you going to give him 133 million.

That is a totally different argument. If we pick up a stud in the draft, and Andrea keeps improving, then no he is not worth that money.

If everything stays the same, relative to this teams needs, yes he is worth 133 million.

I hate that whole "relative" line of thinking. Why would everything else staying the same make Bosh worth 133mil? I didn't realize there was some amazing status quo here this season that we had to keep up.
@terriblejazz
Calderon
Banned User

Post#60 » by Calderon » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:49 pm

tha-prince wrote:
Calderon wrote:Instead of keeping a grip on the ball, following through his defenders arms, and finishing strong at the basket he throws the ball up in the air, flails his arms, grunts, and gets the foul call.

There are numbers in this thread that show he is one of the best in the league at finishing an And 1. How about the guy is double teamed half the time going up?

I have many criticisms of Bosh's game, but how he gets to the free throw line is not one of them. Its a baseless arguement bashing a player just for the sake of doing it. All the numbers go agaisnt you in this one.

I see stats from 04-05 and 05-06 showing he can convert but in case you forgot we are in 08-09.

Return to Toronto Raptors