ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Countdown: Blake Griffin

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

chsh22
Analyst
And1: 1

Re: Draft Countdown: Blake Griffin 

Post#81 » by chsh22 » Sat May 9, 2009 12:00 am

UssjTrunks wrote:I can see Griffin being better than Bosh. Bosh/Griffin just wouldn't work.

It's great you think that. Why though? What do you see about a Bosh/Griffin combo as likely to fail?
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:If you were going to give the raps board an enema, you'd stick the tube in this thread.
ZeriousLy
Lead Assistant
And1: 775

Post#82 » by ZeriousLy » Sat May 9, 2009 1:11 am

HA! wrote:
chocolateSensi wrote:
That is very debatable.

Al Jeff has some of the best footwork and the softest touch among big men in the game. I think that qualifies under finesse. He just so happens to be built like a tank. The combination of those finesse qualities and his size is what makes him so tough to guard.

Really depends on what you define as finesse though. Eddy Curry has a soft touch but I doubt that anyone defines his game as finesse. It doesn't make a difference whether Al Jefferson is built like a tank or not. He operates strictly in the low post and always has. ZeriousLy was referring to the new age face-up big man that can play in the high post (ex Bargnani, Bosh, Dirk, etc).

Not only those players, but also Duncan and Garnett, players who can do both face up as well as work with their backs to the basket.

Amare is not a good example because I do not put him in the elite PF list, since his game relies on mostly pick and rolls. Once he becomes a better iso player then I'd put him there, but until then he's just another big that relies on players to create shots for him.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#83 » by sh00n » Sat May 9, 2009 1:45 am

Jouissance wrote:If by some miracle we land Griffin, I really think we need to trade him. At the very least he nets you a high-quality good SG to pair with Marion. In a perfect world, he lands a SG and the #2 pick (Rubio). In any case, whether Bosh signs an extension or not, the pick has to be leveraged into a swing.

I'd rather trade Bosh for a SG (Stevenson, maybe) and the 2nd pick if we somehow landed Blake. Obviously fillers would be thrown in to make it work. Then use our cap space to go at Artest, buy another pick for T-Will/Tyreke, trade Hump for a mid-late 1st for a chance at Teague or Holliday. Move Jose and JK to the Clips for Camby and Ricky Davis (expiring). Hope that Phoenix lets Nash go and we bring him over on cheap. Bring Rasho back for cheap.

Nash/Rubio/Roko
Stevenson/Teague
Artest/T-Will/Davis
Griffin/Pops
Bargs/Camby/Rasho

Sigh. It's nice to dream.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,153

Post#84 » by LiSTWithLani » Sat May 9, 2009 4:59 pm

All of you who's trade the #1 pick are C-razy!

He and Bargnani complement each other so well, not to mention his age, work ethic and demeanor all being an asset for him to improve in the future. Heck, look how much he improved this past calendar year.

Ideally I'd send Bosh to Washington for Caron Butler and pick #2 on a resigned and re-upped contract. Perhaps we send them Ukic and Jawai too, or POB whomever they prefer. They can add a bad salary still too: E Thomas perhaps?

Griffin/ Thomas/ O'Bryant
Bargnani/ Bonsu/ Humphries
Butler/ Graham
Delfino/ Parker
Calderon/ Rubio/ Banks

We can still S&T Marion for a legit SG or resign him ourselves and slide Butler into SG.

Not to mention, we could still use the MLE to pick up another athletic big man in the mold of Varejao, Birdman, Millsap, Lee, Boozer or Rasheed.

Why don't we say that we sign and trade Marion for a S&T Birdman and Kleiza.

That would allow us to still use the MLE on another solid wing: Barnes is an option I've heard several times, but typically I'd look for a younger player, Ariza perhaps?

not a bad team at alll

Return to Toronto Raptors