ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Countdown: James Harden

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

tylrrr
Assistant Coach
And1: 29

Re: Draft Countdown: James Harden 

Post#81 » by tylrrr » Mon May 18, 2009 11:02 pm

I guess I haven't seen him enough and will happily stand corrected. But he is a terrible defender, I'm pretty sure of that.
Rebel INS
Sixth Man
And1: 736

Re: James Harden Work Out 

Post#82 » by Rebel INS » Mon May 18, 2009 11:03 pm

I'm not as concerned about his athleticism as most people

what I am concerned is rumors of poor conditioning, work ethic and competitive drive

I've heard more than one account of him being lazy. I don't know how valid those rumors are but if there's truth to them then I'd pass if theres anyone else on the board worth taking. You can succeed (or at least be mediocre) in the nba if you're athletically limited or somewhat lazy but you can't be both (see Adam Morrison).

I'm assuming 'caliper test' colangelo is gonna do his due diligence on that front.
tylrrr
Assistant Coach

Post#83 » by tylrrr » Mon May 18, 2009 11:08 pm

He looks like he's lost a lot of weight.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Re: Draft Countdown: James Harden 

Post#84 » by Kabookalu » Mon May 18, 2009 11:09 pm

He's improved somewhat but at best he's an average defender imo. His ability to score and create his own shot is pretty underrated but what makes his game so different from Harden's is that Harden does a lot more playmaking and passing.
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,729

Post#85 » by I_Like_Dirt » Mon May 18, 2009 11:11 pm

C_Money wrote:I was really disapointed with him in the tournament. He was the man on that team and he seemed pretty comfortable just standing around watching his teammates brick shots. Didn't demand the ball or anything.

He played smart in the tournament, though. The opposition basically crowded him and dared the rest of his teammates to beat them at 4 on 2 or 4 on 3 and his teammates really let him down. Opponents won't be able to crowd him nearly so easily in the NBA with more room and better teammates and with 3-second rule he's going to be able to take advantage of that additional space and cause all sorts of problems for opposing teams in the paint. Teams that pass up on him are going to regret it.
Bucket! Bucket!
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#86 » by Kabookalu » Mon May 18, 2009 11:17 pm

Rebel INS wrote:I'm not as concerned about his athleticism as most people

what I am concerned is rumors of poor conditioning, work ethic and competitive drive

I've heard more than one account of him being lazy. I don't know how valid those rumors are but if there's truth to them then I'd pass if theres anyone else on the board worth taking. You can succeed (or at least be mediocre) in the nba if you're athletically limited or somewhat lazy but you can't be both (see Adam Morrison).

I'm assuming 'caliper test' colangelo is gonna do his due diligence on that front.

I hope those rumours aren't true. Some of my friends went to his high school who graduated the same year as him and when they talk about Harden, they usually talk about how hard he has worked to get where he's at, though that doesn't exactly mean he's a hard worker in general.

If they are true I bet they're overblown. The man goes to ASU, it's rated to have the best looking college girls in the entire country. Some people are quick to label players slackers when they see them having an ounce of fun. Just because he's not in the gym 24/7 doesn't mean he's lazy.
tylrrr
Assistant Coach

Post#87 » by tylrrr » Mon May 18, 2009 11:36 pm

Everything I've read has said the exact opposite of what INS posted.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#88 » by Undefeated » Mon May 18, 2009 11:54 pm

Damn, I thought his stock was going to drop in the upcoming combine seeing as scouts wouldn’t be too impressed with his workouts, but he proved me wrong in that pre-draft workout. Let’s just hope God will be on our side tomorrow…
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Kid Canada
Sixth Man
And1: 104

Post#89 » by Kid Canada » Mon May 18, 2009 11:56 pm

I would take him second in the draft. He is going to be an allstar and is the type of player who will make others around him better.
just23
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#90 » by just23 » Mon May 18, 2009 11:56 pm

He's still the best shooting guard in this draft.
If we got the third pick he's the guy to take.
Although, given his average athleticism I wouldn't want Jose anymore. I think this guy is a decent playmaker and would be better off playing beside a more athletic combo guard who can defend the other teams star wing.
He's a damn good scorer no question.
london sonic
Pro Prospect

Post#91 » by london sonic » Tue May 19, 2009 12:11 am

As a TFKAS fan and now Thunder I have been following Hardens interest among many teams.I see him doing great things on any team that drafts him.If you guys get him he will be a great addition but feel you would need OKC to be picking 1st,2nd,3rd or drop below you guys to have a chance of drafting him.This guy fits Prestis requirements a old school type team player who does everything well.Cant see OKC passing him if Griffin,Rubio or Thabeet are taken.Despite all the talk of how he didnt show up in the tourney hes a guaranteed top 4 pick mark my words.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#92 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue May 19, 2009 12:42 am

london sonic wrote:As a TFKAS fan and now Thunder I have been following Hardens interest among many teams.I see him doing great things on any team that drafts him.If you guys get him he will be a great addition but feel you would need OKC to be picking 1st,2nd,3rd or drop below you guys to have a chance of drafting him.This guy fits Prestis requirements a old school type team player who does everything well.Cant see OKC passing him if Griffin,Rubio or Thabeet are taken.Despite all the talk of how he didnt show up in the tourney hes a guaranteed top 4 pick mark my words.

I think OKC takes Griffin, Rubio, Thabeet and then Harden so if you stay at #3 im not threatened by that because ever since the Chandler deal was rescinded the need for a defensive C became more apparent. If im BC i do everything to try and get this guy even if its taking a horrible contract. Assuming nothing changes a lot of teams dont have a need for a SG such as Clippers, Kings, Wolves, Memphis and Warriors (have a ton of guards but could take Harden). This also isnt counting a gm picking BPA and trading him or something like that but i think hes a realistic option.

Kings/Wizards: Griffin/Rubio
Thunder: Thabeet
Clippers: Jennings (Gordon at future SG)
Wolves: Evans (play PG alongside Foye)
Memphis: Have mayo take Hill need a PF
Warriors: Harden
Knicks: Curry promise to take him
Raptors: Derozan

Now if im Memphis or a team ahead of the raptors ill use them as an example but i would do a deal like this.

Roko
Banks
Derozan/Hill

for

Jaric
Harden

We take a horrible contract in Jaric and Memphis gets a backup PG + fill their need, they save money this year as well to go after a FA. Raptors get their 2 guard i think theres a good chance we can move up with a simple Roko+Cash+9th for Filler+Harden.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#93 » by Kabookalu » Tue May 19, 2009 1:00 am

london sonic wrote:As a TFKAS fan and now Thunder I have been following Hardens interest among many teams.I see him doing great things on any team that drafts him.If you guys get him he will be a great addition but feel you would need OKC to be picking 1st,2nd,3rd or drop below you guys to have a chance of drafting him.This guy fits Prestis requirements a old school type team player who does everything well.Cant see OKC passing him if Griffin,Rubio or Thabeet are taken.Despite all the talk of how he didnt show up in the tourney hes a guaranteed top 4 pick mark my words.

OKC is the team I'm scared of in the lottery. Aside from Thabeet and Griffin, Harden would be perfect on the Thunder roster. The Thunder already have enough firepower with Green, Durant, and Westbrook, having a guy like Harden who is a great spot up shooter and a good playmaker and passer to help deliver the ball alongside Westbrook would be perfect. Though if we don't get a top 3 pick, I hope that at least OKC does because imo they would pick Thabeet over Harden, and I somehow hope that he slips to us.
chrome381
Starter

Post#94 » by chrome381 » Tue May 19, 2009 1:13 am

C_Money wrote:I was really disapointed with him in the tournament. He was the man on that team and he seemed pretty comfortable just standing around watching his teammates brick shots. Didn't demand the ball or anything.

People where down on Eric Gordon too including me but look how he turned out, he proved all the haters wrong
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#95 » by Undefeated » Tue May 19, 2009 1:28 am

Choker wrote:OKC is the team I'm scared of in the lottery. Aside from Thabeet and Griffin, Harden would be perfect on the Thunder roster. The Thunder already have enough firepower with Green, Durant, and Westbrook, having a guy like Harden who is a great spot up shooter and a good playmaker and passer to help deliver the ball alongside Westbrook would be perfect. Though if we don't get a top 3 pick, I hope that at least OKC does because imo they would pick Thabeet over Harden, and I somehow hope that he slips to us.

Damn, if OKC has a core of Westbrook, Harden, Durant and Green, their future is going to be very bright... I don't know about you guys, but isn't Durant more effective at SG? Putting Harden at the 2 will decrease Durant's touches in addition too; he can't defend the 3 at all. I know he played the 3 this year, but he had Thabo on his side that would guard the 3 for him who also doesn’t take away his touches.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#96 » by Kabookalu » Tue May 19, 2009 1:45 am

Undefeated wrote:Damn, if OKC has a core of Westbrook, Harden, Durant and Green, their future is going to be very bright... I don't know about you guys, but isn't Durant more effective at SG? Putting Harden at the 2 will decrease Durant's touches in addition too; he can't defend the 3 at all. I know he played the 3 this year, but he had Thabo on his side that would guard the 3 for him who also doesn’t take away his touches.

Nah Durant is a lot more effective as a 3 instead of a 2. His stats virtually go up in every single category, here's the split:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/424 ... t2CwKLPaB4

And if you thought Durant couldn't guard 3's, it's even worse against 2's. I think eventually though, unless they draft Griffin, the Thunder will have Durant playing 4 when he eventually puts on more mass.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,449

James Harden Workout (Kings) 

Post#97 » by KF10 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Quite alot of TO fans are fans of Harden. Just yesterday Harden dined with Petrie and workout with the Kings. Here are the videos:

James Harden Workout:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf5ye0Fc ... re=channel

James Harden Interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrhYjZCMXgs

Geoff Petrie's opinion of Harden and Tyreke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlhHPYlS ... re=channel

EDIT: Fixed links.
vi3t
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,359

Re: James Harden Workout (Kings) 

Post#98 » by vi3t » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:03 pm

link isn't workin for me
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,713

Post#99 » by C_Money » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:04 pm

The kings have all their workouts on youtube. Its about time we start doing that too.
LyNx
Veteran
And1: 122

Post#100 » by LyNx » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:16 pm

vi3t wrote:link isn't workin for me

HARDEN INTERVIEW
PETRIE INTERVIEW
HARDEN WORKOUT

PS - Petrie interview is a waste of time. Says nothing at all other than Harden had some respiratory issues a few days prior but went anyways and is fine now.

Return to Toronto Raptors