ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Countdown: Brandon Jennings

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

LyNx
Veteran
And1: 122

Re: Jennings vs Flynn today in Oakland 

Post#81 » by LyNx » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Sid the Squid wrote:Here's a post-workout B Jennings interview

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/06/11/bran ... un-a-team/

Thx much. Same kind of stuff Jennings has been saying for the past while. Wants to seen as the pass-first pure point.

Good to hear he gave Flynn a run for his money though. Jennings being taken ahead of us would be great.
KING01
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#82 » by KING01 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Jennings is the Player I wanted so I will continue to hope that he Drops to our pick.

Peace
KING01
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Draft Countdown: Brandon Jennings 

Post#83 » by KING01 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:06 pm

Like I said in the other thread, Jennings was always the player I wanted. We may have a very good chance of drafting him because he is not talked about in the top 10.

Trax416

Nice post

Peace
sleezy101
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#84 » by sleezy101 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:11 pm

chocolateSensi wrote:Thanks.

Brandon Jennings has, unfortunately, been completely written off on this board. I would be ecstatic if he fell to 9 and we landed a talent like him.

+1 For me its between Jennings and Derozan and lately i have been warming up to Jennings more!
OBI
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#85 » by OBI » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:55 pm

If Brandon Jennings is at #9 Raps would be stupid not to take him this guy is pure raw talent and the 2nd best player in the draft after Blake Griffin. When he was in high school putting up 35ppg he was projected as a number 1 pick overall he could have gone number in 2008 if that no high school players rule was not there, that would change everything, he would have gone to the Portland Trailblazers as the number one pick and Greg oden would be a super sonic and Ray allen and Rechard lewis would have not left seattle. All Im sayin is that Brandon jennings if he lands at 9 Raps have to take him. which ever team gets him is lucky.
OhMyBosh
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,206

Post#86 » by OhMyBosh » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:13 pm

OBI wrote:If Brandon Jennings is at #9 Raps would be stupid not to take him this guy is pure raw talent and the 2nd best player in the draft after Blake Griffin. When he was in high school putting up 35ppg he was projected as a number 1 pick overall he could have gone number in 2008 if that no high school players rule was not there, that would change everything, he would have gone to the Portland Trailblazers as the number one pick and Greg oden would be a super sonic and Ray allen and Rechard lewis would have not left seattle. All Im sayin is that Brandon jennings if he lands at 9 Raps have to take him. which ever team gets him is lucky.

He is not the 2nd best player in the draft. His game has major flaws. I definitely see his potential, but he is unable to run any type of set offense. He can't bail out his team either since his shot is inconsistent. He excels on breaks because there aren't many players as fast as him.

I wouldn't be upset if we got him at 9, but don't expect him to be a franchise player.
supersub15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#87 » by supersub15 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:46 pm

In New Jersey, after avoiding the Nets for weeks, Brandon Jennings is expected to join a group for a workout Saturday. The Star-Ledger reports the reason for the about-face is, as one scout said, that Jennings is "sliding like a five-year-old in the park." More evidence of a fall for Jennings comes from Phoenix, where The Arizona Republic reports Jennings will work out for the Suns, who hold the 14th pick.
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 78

Post#88 » by Maritimer » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:49 pm

I think Jennings is in Phoenix today...
On LeBron not committing fouls:
Marvin! wrote:He also doesn't poo... his body transforms food into flower seeds, which he then sends to poor inner city neighborhoods and distributes free of charge. Let us all give thanks and praise him!
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,183

Post#89 » by Zeno » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:43 am

Just curious, did Jennings even have work-out with the Raptors? I don't recall.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#90 » by 5DOM » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:58 am

I'd be really really really surprised if we pick Jennings.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#91 » by basketball royalty » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:59 am

Maybe he will be taken by MIN now. I know Rick Kamla is a fan of that idea.
props to Turbozone for the sig
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,183

Post#92 » by Zeno » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:14 am

5DOM wrote:I'd be really really really surprised if we pick Jennings.

Why hasn't he worked out for the Raptors though? It's not like he thinks he's going top 5 for sure cause his workouts have been all over the map. There isn't another player that the Raptors have a shot of taking at 9 that they haven't had in, is there. Did he suck it up that much when they went over and scouted him in Italy? Couldn't have been too bad, GS was on the same trip and had him in. If he had a shot of going higher and BC wasn't interested, wouldn't he at least mention him as a possibility? BC is instead acting like he's not even in the draft.

If Jennings is the pick, I'll never follow the draft again. I won't read a thing about it, just turn on my TV the day of and see who they select. Why waste the time if the smoke is that thick?
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
ReggieSlater
Starter
And1: 873

Post#93 » by ReggieSlater » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:40 pm

I've been thinking about Jennings a lot lately and I think he's the pick. Why hasn't BC talked about Brandon Jennings at all? He's projected to be picked around where we're picking and he's talked about just about every other player. Since he was in Italy and was likely watched very closely by a lot of BC and Gherardini's friends I'm sure they have a really good scouting report on him, probably better then anyone else in the draft. So, assuming they know everything about the kid that means BC not talking about him at all means one of two things a) he stinks and BC knows it, in which case you would think he would make an excellent decoy (considering the Italian ties) or b) he's his pick from the get go and he's hoping he slips to him. I'm so convinced all this DeRozan/Flynn stuff is all smokescreen. BC just talks about the player that is getting the most press as the guy he's interested just to help their stock. I'm convinced Brandon Jennings is our guy.
supersub15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#94 » by supersub15 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:42 pm

ReggieSlater wrote:I've been thinking about Jennings a lot lately and I think he's the pick. Why hasn't BC talked about Brandon Jennings at all? He's projected to be picked around where we're picking and he's talked about just about every other player. Since he was in Italy and was likely watched very closely by a lot of BC and Gherardini's friends I'm sure they have a really good scouting report on him, probably better then anyone else in the draft. So, assuming they know everything about the kid that means BC not talking about him at all means one of two things a) he stinks and BC knows it, in which case you would think he would make an excellent decoy (considering the Italian ties) or b) he's his pick from the get go and he's hoping he slips to him. I'm so convinced all this DeRozan/Flynn stuff is all smokescreen. BC just talks about the player that is getting the most press as the guy he's interested just to help their stock. I'm convinced Brandon Jennings is our guy.

Jennings is Stephon Marbury 2. He's uncoachable. Even during the drills in Minnesota, he wouldn't follow the instructions of the coaching staff. And that's when he's actually looking for an employer.
ansoncarter
Head Coach
And1: 367

Post#95 » by ansoncarter » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:45 pm

Zeno wrote:
5DOM wrote:I'd be really really really surprised if we pick Jennings.

Why hasn't he worked out for the Raptors though?

doesn't want to play in canada?
he's an immature kid so he likely wants nothing to do with a city he doesn't think equates with...whichever mindless nonsense he envisions as success
ReggieSlater
Starter
And1: 873

Post#96 » by ReggieSlater » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:48 pm

ansoncarter wrote:doesn't want to play in canada?

That, to me, is the one logical reason we haven't heard anything about him (aside from him being BCs guy).

Has anyone heard anything about him not wanting to play for the Raps?
doogie88
Junior
And1: 71

Post#97 » by doogie88 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:12 am

bump
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#98 » by 99 Problems » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:13 am

supersub15 wrote:
ReggieSlater wrote:I've been thinking about Jennings a lot lately and I think he's the pick. Why hasn't BC talked about Brandon Jennings at all? He's projected to be picked around where we're picking and he's talked about just about every other player. Since he was in Italy and was likely watched very closely by a lot of BC and Gherardini's friends I'm sure they have a really good scouting report on him, probably better then anyone else in the draft. So, assuming they know everything about the kid that means BC not talking about him at all means one of two things a) he stinks and BC knows it, in which case you would think he would make an excellent decoy (considering the Italian ties) or b) he's his pick from the get go and he's hoping he slips to him. I'm so convinced all this DeRozan/Flynn stuff is all smokescreen. BC just talks about the player that is getting the most press as the guy he's interested just to help their stock. I'm convinced Brandon Jennings is our guy.

Jennings is Stephon Marbury 2. He's uncoachable. Even during the drills in Minnesota, he wouldn't follow the instructions of the coaching staff. And that's when he's actually looking for an employer.

:o
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,323

Post#99 » by brownbobcat » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:31 pm

Thanks for bumping this with zero additional contribution, guys. Don't forget to scour for some threads about the 1996 draft and how Marcus Camby was the right choice over Kobe.
AcesFull
Junior
And1: 6

Post#100 » by AcesFull » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:14 pm

The bump should have included that Jennings is the youngest player to score 50+ points, breaking LeBron's record.

If we had picked him, while Bosh is on our team and on the floor, there's no way he would get anywhere near 50 points because of the way our offense goes through Bosh 75% of the time. Like DeRozen, he would be the 5th option on offense. On the Buck's team, with no Redd, it's easy to understand how they would let the rookie take 34 shots.

Return to Toronto Raptors