ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Countdown: Stephen Curry

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Ill Mago
Rookie
And1: 1

Re: Draft Countdown: Stephen Curry 

Post#41 » by Ill Mago » Tue Jun 2, 2009 9:39 pm

JN wrote:
Spragga wrote:Would teams be able to double us if we put Bosh/Bargs/Kapono/Curry/Jose on the floor? That would be a pretty efficient offensive group. We would have to play hella zone though.

The Good Ol BC vision... that failed.

a) Bargs and Bosh both play face up to the basket, which inherently closes out alot of passing lanes for outside shots, making defending the outside shot immensely easier for the defence

b) An overly conservative point guard who does not penetrate enough to make the defence collapse, and create passing lanes for outside shooters.

The Way that our core plays the game of basketball is not conducive to creating an excessive number of clean looks from the outside.

excellent post
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#42 » by 5DOM » Tue Jun 2, 2009 9:41 pm

supersub15 wrote:At this point, would anyone be upset if we picked Curry? If Evans and Harden are gone, I think I'd be ok with Curry.

Me too. Evans are Harden are at another level for me.
LyNx
Veteran
And1: 122

Post#43 » by LyNx » Tue Jun 2, 2009 9:56 pm

JN wrote:
Spragga wrote:Would teams be able to double us if we put Bosh/Bargs/Kapono/Curry/Jose on the floor? That would be a pretty efficient offensive group. We would have to play hella zone though.

The Good Ol BC vision... that failed.

a) Bargs and Bosh both play face up to the basket, which inherently closes out alot of passing lanes for outside shots, making defending the outside shot immensely easier for the defence

b) An overly conservative point guard who does not penetrate enough to make the defence collapse, and create passing lanes for outside shooters.

The Way that our core plays the game of basketball is not conducive to creating an excessive number of clean looks from the outside.

Proof is in the finals.

Inside Player: Gasol, Bynum, Howard
Shot Creators: Kobe, Odom, Turkoglu, Skip (to a lesser extent)
3-Point Shooters: Vujacic, Fischer, Ariza, Lewis, and everyone else but Howard

Everyone has potent inside players, good shot creators/penetrators, and excellent 3-point shooters who aren't really their best players.

Creates problems when your best players are the ones who are most effective when open, as opposed to most effective creating for themselves and others.
Wally West
Starter
And1: 329

Portland Interested in Stephon Curry? 

Post#44 » by Wally West » Tue Jun 2, 2009 9:59 pm

I think it was a week ago or so when I posted up a trade idea that may actually come true that Raptors could give up their 9th pick to Portland for Jerryd Bayless and their 24th pick if our guy at 9 wasn't available. This rumour may actually come true and may actually be discussed coming draft night. Thoughts??
Want: Trae Young, Michael Porter Jr., DeAndre Ayton, Jaren Jackson Jr, Marvin Bagley III, Mohamad Bamba, Shai Gilgeous- Alexander, Elie Okobo, Jevon Carter
Silk Wilkes
Banned User
And1: 10

Re: Portland Interested in Stephon Curry? 

Post#45 » by Silk Wilkes » Tue Jun 2, 2009 10:03 pm

Rumour? Cause you suggested it? Anyways, It's a decent deal. Jerryd Bayless is a mentally tough, scoring guard. I think he could be as good as Ben Gordon if he works hard. I don't know who'll be available at 24 but I'd consider it as a Raps fan.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,713

Post#46 » by C_Money » Tue Jun 2, 2009 10:03 pm

LOL does Potland ever keep a draft pick? Anybody that gets drafted by the Blazers has no idea where they're going.
[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Post#47 » by [SJJ] » Tue Jun 2, 2009 10:12 pm

Damn, Curry is becoming a hotter commodity every passing hour...
zigzagzig
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#48 » by zigzagzig » Tue Jun 2, 2009 10:14 pm

Curry might not even last to 9

so no.
AKA SOUTHEASY
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,509

Post#49 » by dagger » Tue Jun 2, 2009 10:14 pm

blackflash234 wrote:I think it was a week ago or so when I posted up a trade idea that may actually come true that Raptors could give up their 9th pick to Portland for Jerryd Bayless and their 24th pick if our guy at 9 wasn't available. This rumour may actually come true and may actually be discussed coming draft night. Thoughts??

What rumor? You pulled it out of your arse.

First, Curry seems unlikely to fall to #9.

Second, Bayless doesn't fit our biggest need. Period.

Finally, riddle me this Batman: If Portland believes Curry is a better point guard than Bayless, why do we want Bayless and not Curry? If we''re coming out of the draft with a point guard, I want the better one and don't give a flying fadoo about the 24th in this shiatty draft.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Trilogy
RealGM
And1: 3,584

Post#50 » by Trilogy » Tue Jun 2, 2009 10:18 pm

Curry would actually be a really good fit next to Roy.

Pritchard's forte is the draft, so I wouldn't be shocked if he made a push for him.
Wally West
Starter
And1: 329

Post#51 » by Wally West » Tue Jun 2, 2009 10:20 pm

dagger wrote:
blackflash234 wrote:I think it was a week ago or so when I posted up a trade idea that may actually come true that Raptors could give up their 9th pick to Portland for Jerryd Bayless and their 24th pick if our guy at 9 wasn't available. This rumour may actually come true and may actually be discussed coming draft night. Thoughts??

What rumor? You pulled it out of your arse.

First, Curry seems unlikely to fall to #9.

Second, Bayless doesn't fit our biggest need. Period.

Finally, riddle me this Batman: If Portland believes Curry is a better point guard than Bayless, why do we want Bayless and not Curry? If we''re coming out of the draft with a point guard, I want the better one and don't give a flying fadoo about the 24th in this shiatty draft.

Bayless is an undersized shooting guard. He can create his own shot and defend as well as penatrate into the lane. This "Dagger" guy would fail as an NBA GM just mark it on the wall. You have to take deals like this into consideration.. even if I made it up or someone else made it up. It make sense. Raptors need a 2 guard that can score and defend. If our guy isn't available at 9, we consider a deal like this.
Want: Trae Young, Michael Porter Jr., DeAndre Ayton, Jaren Jackson Jr, Marvin Bagley III, Mohamad Bamba, Shai Gilgeous- Alexander, Elie Okobo, Jevon Carter
vi3t
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,359

Post#52 » by vi3t » Tue Jun 2, 2009 10:21 pm

Jerryd Bayless + 24th pick for our 9th pick?? Portland would laugh
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,948

Post#53 » by JN » Tue Jun 2, 2009 10:27 pm

vi3t wrote:Jerryd Bayless + 24th pick for our 9th pick?? Portland would laugh

POrtland management would consider it ... even if they said no. What is certain is that Portland fans would laugh and then continue there bukkake party over there team picture.
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,729

Post#54 » by I_Like_Dirt » Tue Jun 2, 2009 10:31 pm

blackflash234 wrote:Bayless is an undersized shooting guard. He can create his own shot and defend as well as penatrate into the lane.

Uhhh... what exactly do you know about Stephen Curry?...
Bucket! Bucket!
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,738

Post#55 » by Fairview4Life » Tue Jun 2, 2009 10:36 pm

Jared Bayless is extremely limited, which is one of the many reasons he did not play on a team desperate for a PG. He has potential, but this isn't the Blazer board. We don't need to make him something he isn't at this point.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
notic101
Lead Assistant
And1: 48

Post#56 » by notic101 » Tue Jun 2, 2009 11:12 pm

I'm impressed with his bench though, for a small dude, his own weight 10 times is pretty good. Especially for someone who plays bball all the time, it's hard to find that in a player people are claiming is athletically inept.
lemondrop
Banned User

Post#57 » by lemondrop » Tue Jun 2, 2009 11:21 pm

I think he is gonna be one hell of a scorer in the NBA, im not sure he can guard alot of the NBA's SG's though, prolly have trouble with true PG's as well but he will be productive in the NBA imo.

I stil have visions of him just destroying everyone during last years march madness, one of the most impressive offensive performances ive ever watched in college I think. Maybe the rucus diehard Curry fans I was watching the games with in NC had somthin to do with me getting so pumped though lol.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,573

Post#58 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Jun 2, 2009 11:22 pm

Curry won't be there at 9
rapsrealm
Assistant Coach
And1: 424

NY like Hill at 8, Curry at 9? 

Post#59 » by rapsrealm » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:01 pm

It seems that Hill has made an impression in NY and reports are saying that they may go after Hill at 8 even if Curry is on the board. Bryan Colangelo also confirmed that NY is enamored with Jordan HIll as well and it seems that David Lee is on the trading block.

So if Curry is on the board at 9 do the Raptors take him?
lemondrop
Banned User

Re: NY like Hill at 8, Curry at 9? 

Post#60 » by lemondrop » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:02 pm

I would

Return to Toronto Raptors