ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Countdown: Earl Clark

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,820

Re: Draft Countdown: Earl Clark 

Post#41 » by Raps in 4 » Thu May 14, 2009 7:52 pm

I don't like this guy. I think he'll be a very average NBA player. I could be wrong though.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,820

Post#42 » by Raps in 4 » Thu May 14, 2009 7:53 pm

Jay_Rizzles27 wrote:I like this kid, if de Rozen not on the boards or Jennings, or Evens id take Clark

I don't see how it's possible that all of them will be gone by 9.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,578

Post#43 » by Dr Positivity » Thu May 14, 2009 8:17 pm

_venom_ wrote:
Dr Mufasa wrote:Clark definitely reminds me of Charlie Villaneuva. With that said, with the 9th pick in this draft you definitely take that. Especially with the chance of his effort/ethic being higher than Charlie's, who's one of the more naturally talented players in the league

Charlie Villanueva with better defense and a better first step...

I don't know why Clark is being projected out as a PF in the NBA. He has the skills of a pure SF and his post game is not good. Sure he'd have a quickness advantage at PF much like Bosh but he is too good of a ball handler, creator, and midrange jumpshooter to be a PF in the NBA.

If that was true, it'd mean he's a better prospect than Griffin. We'll see, I think there's a good chance he gets drafted in the top 6 or 7 regardless of his ability
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#44 » by 5DOM » Thu May 14, 2009 8:20 pm

Didn't Thorpe say Clark is going to be a 4 in this league?
Fats Elmore
Senior
And1: 46

Post#45 » by Fats Elmore » Thu May 14, 2009 8:23 pm

5DOM wrote:Didn't Thorpe say Clark is going to be a 4 in this league?

ya he was asked and said 4 4 4
mapko81
Sixth Man
And1: 18

Post#46 » by mapko81 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:36 pm

I think he is a 3.

And I know I would be totally depressed if we even considered Terrance Williams with the 9th pick in the draft. Don't make the mistake of falling for try-hard seniors who are difference makers in college but don't have NBA game. T-Will will never be a starter in this league. Earl Clark has the potential to be more than that. Taking T-Will over Clark is like taking Hansbrough over Jordan Hill.
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#47 » by Anatomize » Thu May 14, 2009 9:44 pm

mapko81 wrote:I think he is a 3.

And I know I would be totally depressed if we even considered Terrance Williams with the 9th pick in the draft. Don't make the mistake of falling for try-hard seniors who are difference makers in college but don't have NBA game. T-Will will never be a starter in this league. Earl Clark has the potential to be more than that. Taking T-Will over Clark is like taking Hansbrough over Jordan Hill.

1. It's Terrence

2. They're the same age genius

3. Who are you to judge whether he'll be a difference maker in the NBA?
ansoncarter
Head Coach
And1: 367

Post#48 » by ansoncarter » Thu May 14, 2009 9:49 pm

be pretty happy drafting him as a 3 but if he's trying to be a mismatch bigman, thats the last thing we need

how come nobody talks about Ty Lawson? he sounds exactly like a BC kind of player, especially with the updated shooting stats from synergySports
Anatomize
General Manager

Post#49 » by Anatomize » Thu May 14, 2009 9:51 pm

ansoncarter wrote:be pretty happy drafting him as a 3 but if he's trying to be a mismatch bigman, thats the last thing we need

how come nobody talks about Ty Lawson? he sounds exactly like a BC kind of player, especially with the updated shooting stats from synergySports

And people still hate Gerald Henderson, but he would be a very good player as well.

To me, the same as RJ.
mapko81
Sixth Man
And1: 18

Post#50 » by mapko81 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:52 pm

No, they are not the same age.
I could care less about the first name spelling of a soon-to-be NBA scrub who will be out of the league after his rookie contract.
And I have as much right to make these judgments as anyone in this thread. Difference is my opinions are actually supported by most NBA scouts. TerrAnce Williams is not on anyone's list of lottery picks for a reason.
Anatomize
General Manager

Post#51 » by Anatomize » Thu May 14, 2009 10:04 pm

mapko81 wrote:No, they are not the same age.
I could care less about the first name spelling of a soon-to-be NBA scrub who will be out of the league after his rookie contract.
And I have as much right to make these judgments as anyone in this thread. Difference is my opinions are actually supported by most NBA scouts. TerrAnce Williams is not on anyone's list of lottery picks for a reason.

Terrence Williams = 21 years old soon to be 22.. whoop tee doo

Earl Clark = 21 years old

None of your poor judgments are supported by NBA scouts, in fact, I havent read one piece saying Terrence Williams is going to be a bust.

He would be valuable with a 2nd pick seeing as there are higher upside guys slotted in at 9.

There aren't many good SGs in this draft as it is.

Bust?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTxdRI57 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dZECq9sd-M
_venom_
Assistant Coach
And1: 100

Post#52 » by _venom_ » Thu May 14, 2009 11:49 pm

Anatomize wrote:
mapko81 wrote:No, they are not the same age.

Terrence Williams = 21 years old soon to be 22.. whoop tee doo

Earl Clark = 21 years old

None of your poor judgments are supported by NBA scouts, in fact, I havent read one piece saying Terrence Williams is going to be a bust.

He would be valuable with a 2nd pick seeing as there are higher upside guys slotted in at 9.

There aren't many good SGs in this draft as it is.

Bust?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTxdRI57 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dZECq9sd-M

So because TWill can dunk that means that he will be a good NBA player? Clark has many more skills that could make him a valuable NBA player.
KING01
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#53 » by KING01 » Fri May 15, 2009 12:09 am

The only way I take Clark, is if Derozen or Jennings is already picked.

Peace
deuce18
Ballboy
And1: 0

Austin Daye / Earl Clark 

Post#54 » by deuce18 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:46 pm

It has long been rumoured that management has interest in austin daye because of his length and size at the SF position.

Why have their not been rumours about interest in Clark with a mid to late round pick?

they both are about the same height play the same position, but Clark seems to have a more NBA ready frame/body.

Does anyone know enough about these two players to tell me why Daye would stand out above Clark?
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,726

Re: Austin Daye / Earl Clark 

Post#55 » by DG88 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:50 pm

deuce18 wrote:It has long been rumoured that management has interest in austin daye because of his length and size at the SF position.

Why have their not been rumours about interest in Clark with a mid to late round pick?

they both are about the same height play the same position, but Clark seems to have a more NBA ready frame/body.

Does anyone know enough about these two players to tell me why Daye would stand out above Clark?

The problem with Clark is his mental toughness. During our workout he did well but seemed to coast for parts of the workouts. He never went hard for the whole thing, which is concerning. Daye has the tools to be a great player at the small forward position it's just that he isn't that physically strong.
deuce18
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#56 » by deuce18 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:51 pm

DG88 wrote:
deuce18 wrote:It has long been rumoured that management has interest in austin daye because of his length and size at the SF position.

The problem with Clark is his mental toughness. During our workout he did well but seemed to coast for parts of the workouts. He never went hard for the whole thing, which is concerning. Daye has the tools to be a great player at the small forward position it's just that he isn't that physically strong.

are you aware if daye has been brought into work out and if so how did he do?
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#57 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:58 pm

I'm under the impression Clark won't be available past the lottery or like the Nets, Bobcats, or Pacers for that matter.

He's as skilled as Daye and about 1000 times more athletic. There's no contest between them
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#58 » by 5DOM » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:09 pm

Why did it get bumped? Was there some kind of a news?
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#59 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:13 pm

Someone made a "Austin Daye/Earl Clark" thread and that was merged into this one
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,726

Post#60 » by DG88 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:02 pm

deuce18 wrote:
DG88 wrote:

are you aware if daye has been brought into work out and if so how did he do?

Yes he was brought in on June 10th the same day as Clark and Ty Lawson.
Here's an interview done by hoopsaddict:
http://www.hoopsaddict.com/2009/06/10/e ... stin-daye/
RaptorsHQ was down there and have made there comments about Daye in his workout
Last but not least we have Gonzaga’s Austin Daye. Now Daye is probably the one player that most confuses so-called talent evaluators and scouting gurus. It’s a good thing he’s only testing the Draft waters because he didn’t impress at all, similar to some of the other reports that have been circulating from these sessions. As a legit 6’10”, he has the height and quickness to take post guys off the dribble, but I didn’t see much of that. He has length to be good defender on the low block, but I didn’t see much of that either. In fact I didn’t see much of the skill set that had Daye pegged as a lottery pick when he declared for the Draft. Daye looked like he forced shots particularly to avoid contact of any kind, even fading out near the arc against Lawson at one point. His shooting drills looked decent but he looked a little run down.

Many are saying that Daye would be better off going back to school for another year to not only work on his game, but also to bulk up a little even at the wing. He looked routinely overpowered in the one-on-one drills against the bigs, and he looked like he was exerting too much energy just to get his shot off. Daye, who in this interview with Hoopsaddict's Ryan McNeill compared himself to Rashard Lewis, gave the impression of being a sixth man in a stickman ball game and he looks to have some major work to do if he expects to play in the D-League let alone the Big League.

http://www.hooplife.ca/raptorshq/viewHQ ... php?id=720

Return to Toronto Raptors