ImageImageImageImageImage

Ric Bucher: "Chris Bosh will be traded this summer."

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

The Chucker
Banned User
And1: 9

Re: Ric Bucher: "Chris Bosh will be traded this summer." 

Post#21 » by The Chucker » Thu May 14, 2009 10:42 pm

thegame10 wrote:anybody with a basketball iq knows that u should trade bosh if he rejects an extension.

monta ellis
andrin b
pick
anthony randolph

for
jose
cb4

Lol. I don't think Nellie would want Jose since he can't play the run-n-gun for beans.
rapsrealm
Assistant Coach
And1: 424

Post#22 » by rapsrealm » Thu May 14, 2009 10:43 pm

TiKusDom wrote:
Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
I think that's fair. I think it would be best to wait a lil' bit, and see what takes place in the market with other guys like Amare Stoudemire and David West, but if we want to get draft picks, trading Bosh near the draft is the best way to go IMO.

I definitely would not mind taking GSW 7th pick+ Marco + one of Andris or Monta ellis and possibly AR ( the GMs can battle it out ). I think this draft's top 10 is going to have some really nice gems. Most people knock how bad this draft is, but there are some really nice studs to be had. Rebuilding with a 7th pick + 9th pick + Marco + Monta or Andris is one helluva nice young athletic way to reboot this franchise.

I think AR has to be put in this deal and I think BC will be adamant about that. Perhaps the Raps swap Biedrins with Ellis or possibly take a bad contract. The only way I see BC not taking Anthony Randolph is if he has a side deal where he can get something of value with the two picks.

It seems though when you listen to their new GM (the press conference is on their site) they plan on keeping the pick but not sure.
israeli_jordan
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#23 » by israeli_jordan » Thu May 14, 2009 10:43 pm

BC has already indicated that if a trade is done, we're getting some serious value back in return and that it wont be made out of desperation or for the sake of making a trade.

I don't see the GSW deal going through- i mean sure it includes some interesting role players, but you're essentially trading away a perennial all-star, dominant pf of this generation with STILL a lot of upside for a bunch of young unproven role players? I DOUBT THAT happens.

If a deal does go down, expect at the very least a name like Rudy Gay, Jeff Green, Greg Oden etc...

stop settling for these low ball offers that ESPN speculates. BC will not let that happen.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,782

Post#24 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu May 14, 2009 10:44 pm

[quote="Griff83"]Oh #7 is GStates

Jennings/Derozan

:)[/quote]

Hey, that would be sweet. Did you see that combo in action at the 2008 McDonald's game? That combo would be Vince Carter/T-Mac part II.
Carlos Rogers
Banned User

Post#25 » by Carlos Rogers » Thu May 14, 2009 10:45 pm

Chris Bosh sucks im suprised so many teams would want him. Hes one of the most
Overrated players in the league and couldn't even make any of the all NBA teams....

Ive never seen an athlete from the Ages of 21-25 not get any better and stay the same
Statistically without any improvement....

Add to the fact that he never shows up in Big games or against the Big teams in the league...

Should be a No Brainer for BC..... Resign him and were going nowhere
TiKusDom
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#26 » by TiKusDom » Thu May 14, 2009 10:47 pm

A combo of Jennings / DeRozan would be one hell of an exciting duo to build a franchise around.
Morena R
Analyst
And1: 1
Location: Born in Santo Dominigo,Dominican Rep, But I Go To School In Toronto

Post#27 » by Morena R » Thu May 14, 2009 10:48 pm

I said it before and I will say it again.

I won't believe it, until I see it.

Peace
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#28 » by Anatomize » Thu May 14, 2009 10:48 pm

Carlos Rogers wrote:Chris Bosh sucks im suprised so many teams would want him. Hes one of the most
Overrated players in the league and couldn't even make any of the all NBA teams....

Ive never seen an athlete from the Ages of 21-25 not get any better and stay the same

Add to the fact that he never shows up in Big games or against the Big teams in the league...

Hopefully, your brain rots from various unknown substances, and then you can stop posting here.

what do you consider overrated?

good luck finding another 20/10 PF in our future.

You do realize how many players are in the NBA?

You do realize how many of those PFs average 20/10? Only 2.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#29 » by dagger » Thu May 14, 2009 10:50 pm

israeli_jordan wrote:BC has already indicated that if a trade is done, we're getting some serious value back in return and that it wont be made out of desperation or for the sake of making a trade.

I don't see the GSW deal going through- i mean sure it includes some interesting role players, but you're essentially trading away a perennial all-star, dominant pf of this generation with STILL a lot of upside for a bunch of young unproven role players? I DOUBT THAT happens.

If a deal does go down, expect at the very least a name like Rudy Gay, Jeff Green, Greg Oden etc...

stop settling for these low ball offers that ESPN speculates. BC will not let that happen.

Most teams are not stupid enough to give up a top young player for a one-year rental of bosh. I don't know why this is so hard for some people to understand. GSW might be an exception, because it has a lot of young players, and Don Nelson is just coaching for another year or two and doesn't give a rat's rear about the long term. But the general managers in places like Portland and OKC are not idiots. They are not going to give up a player they have identified as a future franchise pillar for Bosh - who is a perennial all-star but not a clearcut superstar. His perennial all-star status owes more to the fact that he gets named as a reserve. He's a great ballplayer but don't equate his talent with true greatness.

We will get a nice young piece and if we are lucky, we will get rid of some salary for the summer of 2010. If we are really lucky, we might expand our current $10 million in cap space for 2009 by enough to scrap the idea of re-signing our turd wings and go after one really good free agent or take back a high salary player who can really play.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
israeli_jordan
Banned User

Post#30 » by israeli_jordan » Thu May 14, 2009 10:50 pm

Carlos Rogers wrote:Chris Bosh sucks im suprised so many teams would want him. Hes one of the most

You're delusional.

He was on the second team two years ago. Last year he was out for a month. This year he regressed because of a changed role at the start of the season.

If CB4 gets traded, the notion of him being overrated or not bring an all-star will be squashed because I can ASSURE you that what we get in return will be HIGH QUALITY and not some BS role players+picks garbage.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,782

Post#31 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu May 14, 2009 10:50 pm

dagger wrote:
mappiah19 wrote:If Raps make a deal with GSW, I want Stephen Jackson in return along with other players. Raptors clearly need veteran leadership on this team.

If we trade Bosh we don't need veteran leadership. We need the best value back.

Everyone here is making a mistake: They are trying to figure out the very best single-team trade involving players only. But if we trade Bosh and don't get a player of equal value back - we need the best combination of young players, picks, cap space etc to do an accelerated rebuild. Not a rebuild from the ground up, but something which can get us to a good place in 2-3 years. (Which may be how long it takes with any scenario, even one with Bosh).

We might get a player who doesn't fit perfectly, but will hold his value until a later trade.

If Babcock had traded Vince for two picks and not had to take back Zo and Eric and Aaron Williams, it would have been a better deal because the players we got back had virtually no value. Stephen Jackson, in a year or two, is not likely to be good trade material because of his age and contract extension. But even if we take back a younger player who doesn't fit our style of play, he will always have good trade value in a year or two.

Great post, Dagger. I think that's the best way to go. But the thing is, I'm looking, and there's three teams that have a boat load of cap space: Memphis, Oklahoma City, and Detroit. There's some teams that have marginal cap space--I think Sacramento, Portland (if they ETO Blake), and there was another team that I can't remember right now. Personally, I'd like to deal with the Thunder, not sure if they would though. I know Detroit would. Kevin Pritchard might try to do something bold, and pair Bosh up w/ Roy, and subsequently deal Aldridge...so the options are somewhat limited in that scenario.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#32 » by Alfred » Thu May 14, 2009 10:52 pm

The Notic wrote:bucher and wojnarowski have said the same thing now. that's about as official as it gets as far as rumours go.

Yes, these two are quite reliable.
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#33 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Thu May 14, 2009 10:52 pm

dagger wrote:
mappiah19 wrote:If Raps make a deal with GSW, I want Stephen Jackson in return along with other players. Raptors clearly need veteran leadership on this team.

Everyone here is making a mistake: They are trying to figure out the very best single-team trade involving players only. But if we trade Bosh and don't get a player of equal value back - we need the best combination of young players, picks, cap space etc to do an accelerated rebuild. Not a rebuild from the ground up, but something which can get us to a good place in 2-3 years. (Which may be how long it takes with any scenario, even one with Bosh).

We might get a player who doesn't fit perfectly, but will hold his value until a later trade.

If Babcock had traded Vince for two picks and not had to take back Zo and Eric and Aaron Williams, it would have been a better deal because the players we got back had virtually no value. Stephen Jackson, in a year or two, is not likely to be good trade material because of his age and contract extension. But even if we take back a younger player who doesn't fit our style of play, he will always have good trade value in a year or two.

You're a pretty brilliant poster in all non-Bargnani jock riding threads

I think Dagger hit it perfectly - if you trade Bosh above all else you can't hamstring the payroll. At worst case you have to use this as your 1 chance to do a salary reset and stock the roster (even if it's "talent" spots 4-14) with cheap young assets.

No 30 year old star or 30 year old role players making 5-14 mill. We can commit salary to a guy but he has to be young.

I'd rather go with Dagger's described reset button and just gut the payroll and load up on picks and talent Portland/Ok City style.

Also to the OP - Bucher didn't make a blanked 100% statement that the trade will happen this summer, he's far too smart for that. But he sure hinted it is going to happen .... was a good reality check for me on the commute home. Kudos to 640 for getting Bucher on .... when was the last time the Fan590 put a legit US NBA guy with PrimeTime?
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,670

Post#34 » by Fairview4Life » Thu May 14, 2009 10:54 pm

Ah ****. **** **** ****.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
TiKusDom
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#35 » by TiKusDom » Thu May 14, 2009 10:55 pm

dagger wrote:

Yeah I agree there, I just want youth, cap space, and picks and I am happy. I want to build for the future not win now, this team no way in hell is winning now against the likes of Lebron and Howard . We need to get young studs that in 2-3 years have the potential to dominate, not win now fixes that ain't gonna work . Just thinking of Rob Babcocks trade and how far it set us back makes me want to vomit .
Morena R
Analyst
And1: 1
Location: Born in Santo Dominigo,Dominican Rep, But I Go To School In Toronto

Post#36 » by Morena R » Thu May 14, 2009 10:57 pm

Am I the only person that still believes he's staying?
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#37 » by dagger » Thu May 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
dagger wrote:

Great post, Dagger. I think that's the best way to go. But the thing is, I'm looking, and there's three teams that have a boat load of cap space: Memphis, Oklahoma City, and Detroit. There's some teams that have marginal cap space--I think Sacramento, Portland (if they ETO Blake), and there was another team that I can't remember right now. Personally, I'd like to deal with the Thunder, not sure if they would though. I know Detroit would. Kevin Pritchard might try to do something bold, and pair Bosh up w/ Roy, and subsequently deal Aldridge...so the options are somewhat limited in that scenario.

The Thunder would be a good trade partner but they would have to believe Bosh would stay. I'm sure we could get their pick (assuming it's not #1 after the lottery; Griffin is a hometown boy). And they could eat much of Bosh's salary and probably throw Green into the deal. Green, high draft pick and $10-12 million in additional cap space for, say trying to sign Marvin Williams or Paul Millsap, might be a nice package.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#38 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:00 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:Ah ****. **** **** ****.

I dont i just dont get how they know this, they talk to bosh personally and he has stated to them hes going to leave and the raptors are going to trade him? I just dont see how these guys are reliable that one from yahoo has been wrong plenty of times his 2007 most likely trades NONE happened remember his rumor of Juan Dixon for Pietrus was all but done? Didnt happen i just dont believe these people how do they know these things if bosh stated it wouldnt doug smith or a writer for us have knowledge of it?
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
rdtx2005
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#39 » by rdtx2005 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:01 pm

watch Bosh sign an extension and screw everyone over lol
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,514

Post#40 » by Brinbe » Thu May 14, 2009 11:01 pm

Meh... If Bosh wants to go (even with the money we're offering, which I assume is max money) then fine, let him leave. Good riddance. I'm a fan of the Toronto Raptors, not the Toronto Bosh's. Damon left, T-Mac left, VC left and we survived. If Bosh leaves, oh well, we'll survive yet again.

So go get that GS deal BC... Grab any of Beans+Randolph+Belli+their #7+Wright?+Azubuike? (or whatever it ends up being) and I'm fine. They get to build around Ellis+Bosh+SJax+Maggs and Nellie can go nuts with that. We keep our pick (perhaps package 7+9 and move up for a top 3 pick) and we add some young talent.

Return to Toronto Raptors