ImageImageImageImageImage

Ric Bucher: "Chris Bosh will be traded this summer."

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,781

Re: Ric Bucher: "Chris Bosh will be traded this summer." 

Post#41 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu May 14, 2009 11:02 pm

dagger wrote:
The Thunder would be a good trade partner but they would have to believe Bosh would stay. I'm sure we could get their pick (assuming it's not #1 after the lottery; Griffin is a hometown boy). And they could eat much of Bosh's salary and probably throw Green into the deal. Green, high draft pick and $10-12 million in additional cap space for, say trying to sign Marvin Williams or Paul Millsap, might be a nice package.

Yup. I agree with pretty much everything you said.
Carlos Rogers
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#42 » by Carlos Rogers » Thu May 14, 2009 11:03 pm

Anatomize wrote:
Carlos Rogers wrote:Chris Bosh sucks im suprised so many teams would want him. Hes one of the most
Overrated players in the league and couldn't even make any of the all NBA teams....

Ive never seen an athlete from the Ages of 21-25 not get any better and stay the same
Statistically without any improvement....

Add to the fact that he never shows up in Big games or against the Big teams in the league...

Should be a No Brainer for BC..... Resign him and were going nowhere

Hopefully, your brain rots from various unknown substances, and then you can stop posting here.

what do you consider overrated?

good luck finding another 20/10 PF in our future.

You do realize how many players are in the NBA?

You do realize how many of those PFs average 20/10? Only 2.

Thats why we don't listen to Sheep like you... Obviously your brain washed by facts of the Toronto Media or what Jack and Leo tell you....

Bosh is not a Batman im not even sure hes a Robin.... He can average 20/10 every
stinking year but if he gets shutdown by the likes of Mikki Moore in the playoffs this team will go nowhere.

Bottom line is Bosh doesn't want to stay and the fact is whether you Bosh fan boys like it or not
he is not a warrior and chokes in big games.... Will be better off without him and
getting a juicy package for him.....

I guess the old saying is true "The Truth Hurts"
Kreamy
RealGM
And1: 2,097

Post#43 » by Kreamy » Thu May 14, 2009 11:03 pm

Any deal with the Warriors should revolve around Randolph and their pick. As long as we don't get Maggette or Jackson back then it's all good.
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,599

Post#44 » by AbC? » Thu May 14, 2009 11:05 pm

This team will be so garbage w.o Bosh...

:(
TiKusDom
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#45 » by TiKusDom » Thu May 14, 2009 11:07 pm

Carlos Rogers wrote:

Thats why we don't listen to Sheep like you... Obviously your brain washed by facts of the Toronto Media or what Jack and Leo tell you....

Bosh is not a Batman im not even sure hes a Robin.... He can average 20/10 every
stinking year but if he gets shutdown by the likes of Mikki Moore in the playoffs this team will go nowhere.

Bottom line is Bosh doesn't want to stay and the fact is whether you Bosh fan boys like it or not
he is not a warrior and chokes in big games.... Will be better off without him and

stop taking crazy pills 24 year old 4 time all -star PFs Olympic champions dont grow on trees. No one expects PFs to be clutch, if you know anything about the game even the best PFs in the game Duncan and Garnett are not clutch players. They are surrounded by clutch guards and that's why they win. Clutch shooting and penetration is left to the guards, the PFs are there to shoulder the burden through the game while guards finish it off. 20-10 PF 24 year old 4 time all star is nothing to scoff at.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#46 » by dagger » Thu May 14, 2009 11:09 pm

TiKusDom wrote:
Yeah I agree there, I just want youth, cap space, and picks and I am happy. I want to build for the future not win now, this team no way in hell is winning now against the likes of Lebron and Howard . We need to get young studs that in 2-3 years have the potential to dominate, not win now fixes that ain't gonna work . Just thinking of Rob Babcocks trade and how far it set us back makes me want to vomit .

I don't agree. I'm not talking about sucking terribly to get the first or second overall pick. I don't know if any trade for Bosh - even the most optimistic - can bring that back. Is Rudy Gay sure to dominate? Jeff Green?

I don't think there will be a Lebron or Dwight type prospect in any trade because aside from Durant, how many guys are there in the league who you can say, "in two or three years, he will dominate".

Lots of those guys might become the next Danny Granger. But Granger's team didn't make the playoffs.

And you can't aim for first overall pick, because most teams that do end up drafting 3rd, 4th or 5th.

I'm advocating a restock with picks and younger guys and/or cap space so that BC could consider further trades, now or in a year's time when we have a whack of guys who will be entering the final year of their contract. Or take back picks and guys who have like two years left, so we have even more cap space in the summer of 2011.

But I am against trying to hold out for the miracle draft pick that turns into the game's next big thing. It's great if we get such a guy - although I don't see a scorer like that in this draft except maybe DeRozan (who is extremely raw), maybe not even in the next draft.

But BC is a trader. He's not afraid to take 95 cents on the dollar if he gets the guy he wants. He's not afraid of being criticized for a trade, and with the exception of Bargnani, wouldn't IMO hesitate to trade a guy he drafted or traded for - just like he did TJ Ford. So I think a guy like him does well when he has lots of assets to work with, even if some of them don't fit the obvious need or style we're looking for.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
TiKusDom
Banned User

Post#47 » by TiKusDom » Thu May 14, 2009 11:09 pm

Kreamy wrote:Any deal with the Warriors should revolve around Randolph and their pick. As long as don't get Maggette or Jackson back then it's all good.

If the deal on the table is Biedrins + Marco + AR + Pick obviously you take it

If the deal on the table is Marco + Biedrins + Pick+ Turiaf you take it

If the deal is Marco + Biedrins + 7th lottery pick + filler not named AR, then you have to seriously consider that. That is a great building block of 4 young very nice players for the future. We can probably land a player with the 7th pick who makes as much of an impact as AR. Going forward with Beans+ Marco + 7th pick + 9th pick + ( buke or turiaf ) is still one hell of a nice looking future.
israeli_jordan
Banned User

Post#48 » by israeli_jordan » Thu May 14, 2009 11:11 pm

AbC? wrote:This team will be so garbage w.o Bosh...

yeah, if we get back belinelli and biedrins etc, then for sure.

but if we're getting back a rudy gay, jeff green or greg oden/jared bayless, i think people will get over it fast.

im a biiiiiiiiig fan of what chris bosh has done for the raptors, but if we can make a move that will put us in a position to be succesful for the longer term with less uncertainty, then im all for it.

if there's one player that i think actually needs to get traded for improvement, it's jose calderon because both bosh and bargs have showed that they're capable of producing at a high level. jc has not-- i'm not saying that he HAS to go, but if I had to pick a player of the core that should be removed, i'd say numero ocho, but i digress.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,514

Post#49 » by Brinbe » Thu May 14, 2009 11:15 pm

israeli_jordan wrote:
AbC? wrote:This team will be so garbage w.o Bosh...

yeah, if we get back belinelli and biedrins etc, then for sure.

but if we're getting back a rudy gay, jeff green or greg oden/jared bayless, i think people will get over it fast.

im a biiiiiiiiig fan of what chris bosh has done for the raptors, but if we can make a move that will put us in a position to be succesful for the longer term with less uncertainty, then im all for it.

if there's one player that i think actually needs to get traded for improvement, it's jose calderon because both bosh and bargs have showed that they're capable of producing at a high level. jc has not-- i'm not saying that he HAS to go, but if I had to pick a player of the core that should be removed, i'd say numero ocho, but i digress.

The time to trade Jose was last summer when his value was at its peak... After his gimpy performances this year, I think he's been exposed a bit.
TiKusDom
Banned User

Post#50 » by TiKusDom » Thu May 14, 2009 11:16 pm

dagger wrote:
I don't agree. I'm not talking about sucking terribly to get the first or second overall pick. I don't know if any trade for Bosh - even the most optimistic - can bring that back. Is Rudy Gay sure to dominate? Jeff Green?

I don't think there will be a Lebron or Dwight type prospect in any trade because aside from Durant, how many guys are there in the league who you can say, "in two or three years, he will dominate".

Lots of those guys might become the next Danny Granger. But Granger's team didn't make the playoffs.

And you can't aim for first overall pick, because most teams that do end up drafting 3rd, 4th or 5th.

I'm advocating a restock with picks and younger guys and/or cap space so that BC could consider further trades, now or in a year's time when we have a whack of guys who will be entering the final year of their contract. Or take back picks and guys who have like two years left, so we have even more cap space in the summer of 2011.

But I am against trying to hold out for the miracle draft pick that turns into the game's next big thing. It's great if we get such a guy - although I don't see a scorer like that in this draft except maybe DeRozan (who is extremely raw), maybe not even in the next draft.

But BC is a trader. He's not afraid to take 95 cents on the dollar if he gets the guy he wants. He's not afraid of being criticized for a trade, and with the exception of Bargnani, wouldn't IMO hesitate to trade a guy he drafted or traded for - just like he did TJ Ford. So I think a guy like him does well when he has lots of assets to work with, even if some of them don't fit the obvious need or style we're looking for.

I am not talking about sucking terribly either, I just want boatloads of picks and youth coming back, I dont see any need for grizzled veterans like Jackson who wont do us any good this year or next either. We arent going to contend anytime soon, and the raptors continue the band aid solutions without developing real impact young talent. I think we gotta suck it up for a year, load up on picks and youth, let them develop, and then we will start seeing the fruits of our labors.
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#51 » by pspot » Thu May 14, 2009 11:16 pm

My favourite Bosh trades in order

1) Bosh and Banks to Cha for Okafor, Bell and Augustin
2) Bosh and Kapono to Sac for Martin, Thompson and Nocioni
3) Bosh and Banks to wsh for Butler, Thomas and McGee
4) Bosh and Kapono to GS for Biedrins, Belinelli or Azuibuke, and Wright

I think there are definitely realistic options which would bring in good value and improve this team
nm
Wally West
Starter
And1: 329

Post#52 » by Wally West » Thu May 14, 2009 11:17 pm

If we do end up trading Bosh, i think the best place to trade him would be to either Golden State or Portland. Golden State and offer us Biedrins, Randolph, Marco and their pick or a future one, whiles Portland can offer us Aldridge, Bayless, Fernandez and like a first or 2 future first round picks for Bosh. Even if you may say Bosh isn't a franchise player, he's a Scottie Pippen on a Chicago Bulls team when they had Jordan. Second best player on the team. Arguably a franchise player but they are 2nd options on a championship team.
Want: Trae Young, Michael Porter Jr., DeAndre Ayton, Jaren Jackson Jr, Marvin Bagley III, Mohamad Bamba, Shai Gilgeous- Alexander, Elie Okobo, Jevon Carter
Carlos Rogers
Banned User

Post#53 » by Carlos Rogers » Thu May 14, 2009 11:19 pm

TiKusDom wrote:
Carlos Rogers wrote:

stop taking crazy pills 24 year old 4 time all -star PFs Olympic champions dont grow on trees. No one expects PFs to be clutch, if you know anything about the game even the best PFs in the game Duncan and Garnett are not clutch players. They are surrounded by clutch guards and that's why they win. Clutch shooting and penetration is left to the guards, the PFs are there to shoulder the burden through the game while guards finish it off. 20-10 PF 24 year old 4 time all star is nothing to scoff at.

Uhhh the Difference between Duncan/KG and Bosh is a little thing called Defense and
Bosh is one of the worst Defenders in the league....

Im sorry but im not interested in paying a guy the Max who's supposed to be the franchise
player and he gets absolutely destroyed by Louis Amundson, Al Thorton etc..... Bosh can't guard anybody.

He truly is the Rupaul of bigmen.... He doesn't have the drive to be the best he can be like a Roy Halladay.

You guys did the same thing with VC you ignored all his Flaws when he was here and then when he bolts you attack him and start dogging all his flaws that you ignored while he was here....

Add to the fact Bosh doesn't want to be here makes the decision real easy
Bringbackoakley
Rookie
And1: 8

Post#54 » by Bringbackoakley » Thu May 14, 2009 11:34 pm

So he is saying "there is a 99% chance that Bosh will reject the contract extension." Then he goes on to say "He will definatley get traded." (You paraphrasing)

If I am a rival GM I am not trading for Bosh unless he is locked into a nice extension, why would the Thunder, Wizards, Kings or any of the other small market teams make these trades without assurance that Bosh will stay in 2010?

Just doesn't make that much sense.
KING01
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#55 » by KING01 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:36 pm

People how do anyone know if Bosh wants to be here or not?

Why should we take these people seriously that say Bosh will get Traded?

Only Bosh knows if any of this is true, I hope he stays because it will not look good on the franchise if he gets traded or does not resign.

Peace
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,690

Post#56 » by C_Money » Thu May 14, 2009 11:37 pm

Neither Biedrins, Bellinelli and Randolph are that good. If we're trading Bosh to Golden State I'de atleast want S-Jax coming back.
Scott Carefoot
Analyst
And1: 10

Post#57 » by Scott Carefoot » Thu May 14, 2009 11:41 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:Ah ****. **** **** ****.

I dont i just dont get how they know this, they talk to bosh personally and he has stated to them hes going to leave and the raptors are going to trade him? I just dont see how these guys are reliable that one from yahoo has been wrong plenty of times his 2007 most likely trades NONE happened remember his rumor of Juan Dixon for Pietrus was all but done? Didnt happen i just dont believe these people how do they know these things if bosh stated it wouldnt doug smith or a writer for us have knowledge of it?

If Woj and Bucher are both saying this, it's definitely reliable info. Anyway, they would have got this info from an employee of one of the teams Colangelo has spoken with. Either that, or the Raptors leaked this info to increase the number of offers coming their way, but I don't know if BC works like that.
positivetension
Veteran
And1: 1,139

Post#58 » by positivetension » Thu May 14, 2009 11:45 pm

C_Money wrote:Neither Biedrins, Bellinelli and Randolph are that good. If we're trading Bosh to Golden State I'de atleast want S-Jax coming back.

If we're trading Bosh, we are rebuilding. S-Jax should NOT be part of any rebuilding package.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#59 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:46 pm

For what it is worth:

2 Chicago beat writers also think Bosh will be traded. Another, Sam Smith, reported that there are many who feel Bosh will be traded - but didnt agree or disagree.

However, all 3 writers say that the Bulls do not have the pieces to get Bosh. Other teams can easily trump any offer the Bulls make. The reason is that Chicago does not have any star players except Rose (who clearly will not be traded) - and the writers feel Toronto will demand a star or potential star in return.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#60 » by Volcano » Thu May 14, 2009 11:50 pm

TiKusDom wrote:
Kreamy wrote:Any deal with the Warriors should revolve around Randolph and their pick. As long as don't get Maggette or Jackson back then it's all good.

If the deal on the table is Biedrins + Marco + AR + Pick obviously you take it

If the deal on the table is Marco + Biedrins + Pick+ Turiaf you take it

If the deal is Marco + Biedrins + 7th lottery pick + filler not named AR, then you have to seriously consider that. That is a great building block of 4 young very nice players for the future. We can probably land a player with the 7th pick who makes as much of an impact as AR. Going forward with Beans+ Marco + 7th pick + 9th pick + ( buke or turiaf ) is still one hell of a nice looking future.

I wouldn't take those deals. GSW have better players on that team..and how many games did they win?

Biedrins has been in the league for 4 years now. Looks like he's just a good role player. Turiaf's a role player. Marco has shown flashes, but we can't gauge too much from what we've seen of him so far. Suspect D as well. 7th pick may net us something from a potential all-star/borderline all-star to a bust. AR is still unproven. Some of you guys may be high on his potential, but I'm not.

You don't trade an already established all-star for highly unproven potential. Maybe if there's player who put together ONE good season you look at it..otherwise you could be trading for a role player + 3 busts who don't have a great ceiling to begin with.

Return to Toronto Raptors