ImageImageImageImageImage

Ric Bucher: "Chris Bosh will be traded this summer."

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

TiKusDom
Banned User
And1: 117

Re: Ric Bucher: "Chris Bosh will be traded this summer." 

Post#401 » by TiKusDom » Mon May 18, 2009 5:24 pm

The GSW offers are a joke, let them continue their free fall into the abyss. We'll keep a franchise stud .
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,581

Post#402 » by Dr Positivity » Mon May 18, 2009 5:25 pm

St. Nick... Maggette's contract is not coming back in this deal. Crawford is more likely because it's half as long, but it's still basically not happening. The Raptors are not an organization that takes players like Maggette and Crawford. They're almost strictly Clippers and Warriors and Isiah era Knicks turf.

If AR is off the table, a plausible deal is Biedrins, Wright, Buke, and Bellinelli for Bosh and Jawai. That's a deal level with the Beasley/Blount and Gordon/Tyrus/#16/#25 deals. Maybe. I'd still take Beasley between the choices personally.

Biedrins/Bellinelli/#7 would fit for value, but it won't work financially, so Wright/Buke instead of the #7 is more likely.
TiKusDom
Banned User

Post#403 » by TiKusDom » Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm

Dr Mufasa wrote:St. Nick... Maggette's contract is not coming back in this deal. Crawford is more likely because it's half as long, but it's still basically not happening. The Raptors are not an organization that takes players like Maggette and Crawford. They're almost strictly Clippers and Warriors and Isiah era Knicks turf.

We'll do Biedrins, Wright, Buke, and Bellinelli for Bosh and Jawai. That's a deal level with the Beasley/Blount and Gordon/Tyrus/#16/#25 deals. Maybe. I'd still take Beasley between the choices personally.

Dont forget the 7th pick and they can keep glass-man Wright
TiKusDom
Banned User

Post#404 » by TiKusDom » Mon May 18, 2009 5:34 pm

What does GSW really have to offer?

Monta a tweener pg/sg with no real position, too small to play SG, too dumb to play PG.

Andris, an ok role playing C.

Apart from that all they have is a 7th pick in a draft where the 9th can be as good as the 3rd.

Marco, I like him but hes not even starer material..

Basically their trade package is mediocre at best, Chicago though has a legitimate starting SF in Deng and legitimate young C in Noah and they can throw in a 16th pick with which we can get T-Will / Henderson/ Jeff Teague type. Im liking what I see from Chicago, they have some seriously nice pieces that will increase the overall depth of our team immensely.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,548

Post#405 » by bballsparkin » Mon May 18, 2009 5:40 pm

And third, I don't know where people get the attitude problem from. He hasn't had one problem with the coaching staff all year, and Spo has come out and said something along the lines of "Beasley is the first player at every practice and the last player to leave."

By attitude, I mean "just happy to be in the NBA". Leading me to worry he doesn't care. Plus his minor discretions, and to be honest just simply by how he presents himself. I haven't watched him much, mostly Rap games and some Heat games here and there. Just my unscientific gut that's all.

I admit, if the Heat offer came from the west, I'd probably like it more. Not a fan of pairing Bosh with Wade.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#406 » by Dr Positivity » Mon May 18, 2009 5:45 pm

Beasley's attitude is a dead ringer for Melo's IMO... sort of lackadasial but it's not enough to overwhelm him as a player or his talent like Randolph, Crawford, etc. He played hard in college and he said at the start of the year he "wanted to be the MVP" Not to mention Melo after 6 years appears to be maturing a lot... Give Beasley time, don't judge him as a 19 year kid. I mean he played his first year in South Beach and didn't really get into trouble like everyone expected, that's not bad

Toronto already has a lot of nice guys... having a little color isn't a bad thing. I think Marion's character actually helped us the second half of this year. Brings some life in.
TiKusDom
Banned User

Post#407 » by TiKusDom » Mon May 18, 2009 5:49 pm

Right now the teams I see most realistically contending for Bosh's services are , in this exact order :

Chicago Bulls : Realistic management and fans, willing to give quality starting pieces for Bosh and some picks. I like that , and its one destination Chris Bosh will have no problem going to .

Atlanta : Excellent inside banger in Horford and a starting SF in Marvin Williams on the table, fans agree to this and their management will have no problem pairing Bosh + Joe + Bibby + Smith to make one helluva contender. Another destination Bosh wont mind, he went to university there, has a history there, Atlanta is Hotlanta ;) for a good reason. Georgia is beautiful .

Miami: Get a 19 year old stud Beasley, as finesse as he is you cant deny his talent, we'll have to dump all our bad contracts on them, get Udnois + picks and some young guys, not a bad package if the above 2 fail. Another destination Chris wont mind a tall, gets to be paired with Wade and do some serious dominating.

New York : David Lee sign and trade, 8th pick + Gallo / Chandler or microwave Robinson, maybe they would maybe they wouldn't but they have some very interesting pieces. Of course I am not fan of trading Bosh to a conference division rival and seeing him whoop our butts 4 times a year. Bosh will have no problem for a massive market and New York.

GSW are turning into an afterthought. Chris wont even want to play for them. And we know BC takes care of his players. Hes going to make sure Chris is rewarded for all his hard work hes done for the the Raptors and goes to a contender. The only thing GSW are going to be contending for the next 5 years is the top lottery draft pick . I don't think hes going to reward Chris by sending him into an abyss ruled by Crazy Don .
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#408 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Mon May 18, 2009 6:03 pm

Would Atlanta really trade Marvin and Horford for Bosh?

We have to take that, no?

That's a frontcourt we could keep in tact for 10 years, since none of the 3 guys put put up the type of stats that would get them a max contract
Kreamy
RealGM
And1: 2,097

Post#409 » by Kreamy » Mon May 18, 2009 6:12 pm

St.Nick wrote:
TiKusDom wrote:
St.Nick wrote:GS will offer Biedrins, Maggette (or Crawford), and the #7 for Bosh and Banks. No pre-signed extension necessary.

I'm not interested in throwing in Belinelli, Azu, or Wright. Although I'd consider one of them in place of the pick if you prefer.

I realize its not the most breathtaking offer, but its more realistic than most you'll get. The W's aren't going to sell the farm to get Bosh, although they'd give up some nice pieces if he was available. I think this deal qualifies.

Your new Lineup:

Calderon/Ukic
DeRozan (#7 pick)/Parker
Maggette/Kapono
Bargnani/Earl Clark (#9 pick)
Biedrins/POB/Jawai

You will never get Bosh in any package involving Magette. EVER. The bare minimum is Andris + Marco+ 07 pick + Turiaf, ill leave it to the rest to debate AR.

The Maggette discussion is at a standstill. I think in real basketball terms (and not in over the top Real GM terms) that Toronto would love to have Maggette when considering their SF/scoring situation. But I won't get into all that.

In any case, it makes no sense for us to give up both of our centers and take back Bosh. Won't happen. No teams trade their entire depth chart at one position and fail to bring back any quality player at the same position in return.

You wouldn't get a scrub with a short contract for Maggette, let alone Bosh. No offense but you're utterly delusional if you think Randolph (who would back Bosh up anyway), Wright, Belinelli etc. would all be off the table in a deal for a 25 year old Bosh. Anything short of Biedrins, Randolph and one of Belinelli or you pick, and Colangelo is just better off dealing with Miami for Beasley.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#410 » by Dr Positivity » Mon May 18, 2009 6:17 pm

Chicago, Washington, and Golden State are more likely at this point than Atlanta and New York because they've already proven they're involvement in talks for him. Atlanta and New York don't appear to be interested at all. For Atlanta getting Bosh means they'll only have the MLE to resign Bibby, Childress, Zaza, Flip, or really after Johnson, an out of position Smith, and Bosh, their entire roster will be empty except for scrubs with 55 mil taken up. Atlanta is going to drop Marvin for almost nothing just to get more financial viability, adding Bosh just makes things a mess.

New York... wants Lebron. Assuming the deal would be like Gallinari/#9/expirings for Bosh, they'd have to renounce Lee and Robinson just to have a shot at resigning both Lebron and Bosh next year. I don't see them doing that. I think they'll just get Amare in 2010 if they want a big or failsafe if they don't get Lebron. Maybe if Bron and Wade sign an extension this summer, they'll get involved, but otherwise... yeah
Kreamy
RealGM
And1: 2,097

Post#411 » by Kreamy » Mon May 18, 2009 6:19 pm

St.Nick wrote:Well, most of my opinions turn out to be right, so just be aware.

I'm trying to help you guys turn the page on this situation, as there seems to be a lot of consternation over the question of Bosh's value. I think its substantially less than what a lot of you guys are expecting. If you can accept that, the whole process won't be so frustrating.

Well here's a newsflash... the reason most people think Bosh would bolt is because the Raptors aren't winning. What makes you think Bosh would even accept a trade, nevermind re-sign with a **** team like yours? It's one thing when Heat fans come on here and make a case for Wade and Bosh. Your team is a joke.
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 586

Post#412 » by timdunkit » Mon May 18, 2009 6:22 pm

Dr Mufasa wrote:Chicago, Washington, and Golden State are more likely at this point than Atlanta and New York because they've already proven they're involvement in talks for him. Atlanta and New York don't appear to be interested at all. For Atlanta getting Bosh means they'll only have the MLE to resign Bibby, Childress, Zaza, Flip, or really after Johnson, an out of position Smith, and Bosh, their entire roster will be empty except for scrubs with 55 mil taken up. Atlanta is going to drop Marvin for almost nothing just to get more financial viability, adding Bosh just makes things a mess.

New York... wants Lebron. Assuming the deal would be like Gallinari/#9/expirings for Bosh, they'd have to renounce Lee and Robinson just to have a shot at resigning both Lebron and Bosh next year. I don't see them doing that. I think they'll just get Amare in 2010 if they want a big or failsafe if they don't get Lebron. Maybe if Bron and Wade sign an extension this summer, they'll get involved, but otherwise... yeah

They own the rights to Bibby/Childress/Zaza/Flip, they don't need to use the MLE to sign one of them. They can jus use there rights on the players and have the MLE to spend after if they want ..
TiKusDom
Banned User

Post#413 » by TiKusDom » Mon May 18, 2009 6:23 pm

Dr Mufasa wrote:Chicago, Washington, and Golden State are more likely at this point than Atlanta and New York because they've already proven they're involvement in talks for him. Atlanta and New York don't appear to be interested at all. For Atlanta getting Bosh means they'll only have the MLE to resign Bibby, Childress, Zaza, Flip, or really after Johnson, an out of position Smith, and Bosh, their entire roster will be empty except for scrubs with 55 mil taken up. Atlanta is going to drop Marvin for almost nothing just to get more financial viability, adding Bosh just makes things a mess.

Chris wont go to GS because he doesn't want to play his best years for a twilight bizzaro Crazy Nelson world. I think that's pretty much off the table. Washington is a lot more realistic since Chris would deifnitely play for that city and he would be surrounded with true all star talent and the team would compete pretty well.
TiKusDom
Banned User

Post#414 » by TiKusDom » Mon May 18, 2009 6:24 pm

they own the bird rights to all those players, they can sign all of them irregardless of how much cap space it takes.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#415 » by Dr Positivity » Mon May 18, 2009 6:35 pm

timdunkit wrote:

They own the rights to Bibby/Childress/Zaza/Flip, they don't need to use the MLE to sign one of them. They can jus use there rights on the players and have the MLE to spend after if they want ..

Yeah that was my mistake, just going through the contracts here's what's booked up for Atlanta after approx. Marvin Williams (S&T at 10 mil), Horford, Randolph Morris for Bosh

Johnson - 15 mil
Smith - 10.8 mil
Bosh after deal - 15.7 mil
Acie - 2.2 mil
Mo Evans - 2.5 mil
Speedy Claxton - 5.2 mil

51.2 mil... Tax is around 68 mil. So Bibby at 8 mil, Childress at 6 mil, Zaza at 5 mil, Flip at 3, that's around 22, still a bit too much, and that's with 9 playable guys booked. Probably have to drop Childress and Flip and go with an all scrub bench after Bibby/Johnson/Smith/Bosh/Zaza... but I guess that's ok.

I suppose it wouldn't be inconceivable they make a move for Bosh, but again.. I've heard nothing compared to Chicago, Miami, etc. At this point it's more logical to take the teams interested and pull out the best deals, than to find the best deals and decide if the team is interested...
TiKusDom
Banned User

Post#416 » by TiKusDom » Mon May 18, 2009 6:40 pm

I think Atlanta has more than enough pieces to come in and sweep us off our feet with a solid package revoling around Horford + Marvin+ a pick or young filler, BC would seriously have to consider that going forward with this franchise. And most fans would probably be able to accept good kids like Horford and Marvin as the new faces of our team. Horford is a quality character kid who is a very hard working young man. Very easy to root for.
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 586

Post#417 » by timdunkit » Mon May 18, 2009 6:43 pm

Dr Mufasa wrote:
timdunkit wrote:

Yeah that was my mistake, just going through the contracts here's what's booked up for Atlanta after approx. Marvin Williams (S&T at 10 mil), Horford, Randolph Morris for Bosh

Johnson - 15 mil
Smith - 10.8 mil
Bosh after deal - 15.7 mil
Acie - 2.2 mil
Mo Evans - 2.5 mil
Speedy Claxton - 5.2 mil

51.2 mil... Tax is around 68 mil. So Bibby at 8 mil, Childress at 6 mil, Zaza at 5 mil, Flip at 3, that's around 22, still a bit too much. Probably have to drop Childress, but I guess that's ok.

I suppose it wouldn't be inconceivable they make a move for Bosh, but again.. I've heard nothing compared to Chicago, Miami, etc. At this point it's more logical to take the teams interested and pull out the best deals, than to find the best deals and decide if the team is interested...

In this economy Bibby won't get 8 mill, more like 5-6 mil. They could drop Childress like you said but realize that teams don't mind paying tax for a team they think will be a contender because it means more money coming there way (the addition of Bosh and what he can be marketed as, would be worth it to be up there close to the tax and if ATL management can manage there FA signings after, they could be under). Now I would be one willing to expand the deal to help ATL save more money.

How about: Bosh/Ukic/Banks for Hoford/SnT Marvin/Acie/ Claxton ?
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#418 » by Komodo » Mon May 18, 2009 6:47 pm

:clap:

Atta boy, Fairview. You da man.

But seriously, will all these random posters from other boards just stop their mindless bickering until at least after the lottery has been determined? Please, do yourselves a favor and stop. Your only embarrassing yourself.
zhenyasj
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#419 » by zhenyasj » Mon May 18, 2009 6:50 pm

TiKusDom wrote:Right now the teams I see most realistically contending for Bosh's services are , in this exact order :

Chicago Bulls : Realistic management and fans, willing to give quality starting pieces for Bosh and some picks. I like that , and its one destination Chris Bosh will have no problem going to .

Atlanta : Excellent inside banger in Horford and a starting SF in Marvin Williams on the table, fans agree to this and their management will have no problem pairing Bosh + Joe + Bibby + Smith to make one helluva contender. Another destination Bosh wont mind, he went to university there, has a history there, Atlanta is Hotlanta ;) for a good reason. Georgia is beautiful .

Miami: Get a 19 year old stud Beasley, as finesse as he is you cant deny his talent, we'll have to dump all our bad contracts on them, get Udnois + picks and some young guys, not a bad package if the above 2 fail. Another destination Chris wont mind a tall, gets to be paired with Wade and do some serious dominating.

New York : David Lee sign and trade, 8th pick + Gallo / Chandler or microwave Robinson, maybe they would maybe they wouldn't but they have some very interesting pieces. Of course I am not fan of trading Bosh to a conference division rival and seeing him whoop our butts 4 times a year. Bosh will have no problem for a massive market and New York.

GSW are turning into an afterthought. Chris wont even want to play for them. And we know BC takes care of his players. Hes going to make sure Chris is rewarded for all his hard work hes done for the the Raptors and goes to a contender. The only thing GSW are going to be contending for the next 5 years is the top lottery draft pick . I don't think hes going to reward Chris by sending him into an abyss ruled by Crazy Don .

LOL. What Toronto win even 20 games with Bosh missing most of the year, the situation that Warriors had to deal with when Monta got hurt? I don't think so. A team that fails to make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference shouldn't be talking about future and lotto picks.
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#420 » by Komodo » Mon May 18, 2009 6:52 pm

Yeah, I think I like the Williams + Horford (+) proposal the best so far. Actually by a lot. But I don't know if ATL is a realistic trading partner considering their financial limitations (owners) and the fact that they just made it to the 2nd round as a young team on the rise. But I guess a decision has to be made concerning Marvin, so ya never know.

Return to Toronto Raptors