ImageImageImageImageImage

Ric Bucher: "Chris Bosh will be traded this summer."

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Re: Ric Bucher: "Chris Bosh will be traded this summer." 

Post#421 » by dagger » Mon May 18, 2009 6:57 pm

TiKusDom wrote:Right now the teams I see most realistically contending for Bosh's services are , in this exact order :

Chicago Bulls : Realistic management and fans, willing to give quality starting pieces for Bosh and some picks. I like that , and its one destination Chris Bosh will have no problem going to .

Atlanta : Excellent inside banger in Horford and a starting SF in Marvin Williams on the table, fans agree to this and their management will have no problem pairing Bosh + Joe + Bibby + Smith to make one helluva contender. Another destination Bosh wont mind, he went to university there, has a history there, Atlanta is Hotlanta ;) for a good reason. Georgia is beautiful .

You'll get thrown in an institution with white rubber walls if you actually believe that what the fans on RealGM think has any relevance in determining trade destinations for Bosh.

If you believe that, you probably think Gisele Bundchen is the tooth fair.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
TiKusDom
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#422 » by TiKusDom » Mon May 18, 2009 7:00 pm

dagger wrote:
TiKusDom wrote:Right now the teams I see most realistically contending for Bosh's services are , in this exact order :

Chicago Bulls : Realistic management and fans, willing to give quality starting pieces for Bosh and some picks. I like that , and its one destination Chris Bosh will have no problem going to .

Atlanta : Excellent inside banger in Horford and a starting SF in Marvin Williams on the table, fans agree to this and their management will have no problem pairing Bosh + Joe + Bibby + Smith to make one helluva contender. Another destination Bosh wont mind, he went to university there, has a history there, Atlanta is Hotlanta ;) for a good reason. Georgia is beautiful .

You'll get thrown in an institution with white rubber walls if you actually believe that what the fans on RealGM think has any relevance in determining trade destinations for Bosh.

If you believe that, you probably think Gisele Bundchen is the tooth fair.

I was only pointing to it as a mark of mutual consensus and acceptance by fan bases. GMs certainly arent going to trade for players a fan base doesnt want. I don't think ill be getting throwing into an institution anytime soon . I never said RealGM played into trades, I just said both fan bases seem to be content and happy with what they are getting in the trades. Where did I say fans on RealGM have any relevance in determining destinations for Bosh :roll: I listed plenty of reasons for why these are top destinations without mentioning a thing about fans, except that they'd be content/ happy with a trade of this nature based on gauged opinions. The fact that these markets are large, big, and winners would be the most important aspects of why Bosh would go there.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#423 » by dagger » Mon May 18, 2009 7:08 pm

TiKusDom wrote: GMs certainly arent going to trade for players a fan base doesnt want.

You really do believe Gisele is the tooth fairy!

I can't speak for Elgin Baylor, but most NBA GMs won't trade for somebody the fans don't want? I don't know how many people wanted to trade Charlie V for TJ Ford or Ford for JO, but I'm fairly certain that a lot of fans didn't like it one bit.

There are GMs that are afraid of their fan base - well especially how the media will portray them to the fans. And there are GMs that will overvalue players they draft to a fault so that they are petrified to trade them for anything less than what the fans feel is a steal. But there are also GMs who sat on assets until it was too late because they didn't want to take a perceived 90 cents on the dollar. So most GMs will make an unpopular trade rather than have an all-star walk for nothing in free agency which makes the fans base even more unhappy.

The fan base isn't unitary in its thinking. And this fan base is divided on whether Bosh is worth what we will have to pay him long term if we don't trade him.

If there is one thing BC has shown, he will trade a guy who doesn't figure in the long term picture of his team, and he will do so for 90 cents on the dollar, suffer the bad press, and live to be proven right later. (See Marbury, Stephon).
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
TiKusDom
Banned User

Post#424 » by TiKusDom » Mon May 18, 2009 7:12 pm

dagger wrote:You really do believe Gisele is the tooth fairy!

I can't speak for Elgin Baylor, but most NBA GMs won't trade for somebody the fans don't want. I don't know how many people wanted to trade Charlie V for TJ Ford or Ford for JO, but I'm fairly certain that a lot of fans didn't like it one bit.

There are GMs that are afraid of their fan base - well especially how the media will portray them to the fans. And there are GMs that will overvalue players they draft to a fault so that they are petrified to trade them for anything less than what the fans feel is a steal. But there are also GMs who sat on assets until it was too late because they didn't want to take a perceived 90 cents on the dollar. So most GMs will make an unpopular trade rather than have an all-star walk for nothing in free agency which makes the fans base even more unhappy.

The fan base isn't unitary in its thinking. And this fan base is divided on whether Bosh is worth what we will have to pay him long term if we don't trade him.

If there is one thing BC has shown, he will trade a guy who doesn't figure in the long term picture of his team, and he will do so for 90 cents on the dollar, suffer the bad press, and live to be proven right later. (See Marbury, Stephon).

Actually most fans were fine with TJ considering he was a proven winner and we desperately needed a starting PG. People complained you don't trade small for big, but I was fine with the trade it didn't bother me one bit. Most people saying it was a lopsided trade were on the Milwaukee side. What are you ranting about? I just said that both fan bases would be content with the trades and not be pulling their hair out. You're sitting there spewing some dumb b.s about how I believe Gisele is the tooth fairy :roll:
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,668

Post#425 » by Fairview4Life » Mon May 18, 2009 7:14 pm

TiKusDom wrote:Actually most fans were fine with TJ considering he was a proven winner and we desperately needed a starting PG.

Not really. The board was pretty split about it. But I don't see why anyone would care about the fans initial opinions, most of us are idiots.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#426 » by Komodo » Mon May 18, 2009 7:42 pm

I remember that night like it was yesterday...

I had just gotten back from working a 3-11, logged onto realgm, and the trade was all over the main page. I couldn`t believe it. My initial thought was, wow, BC just made his first mistake as GM. Then I had 5 cigarettes consecutively as I read the trade thread, still in shock, then called it a night after like 4 hours of reading both the Raps board and the Bucks board. :lol:
TiKusDom
Banned User

Post#427 » by TiKusDom » Mon May 18, 2009 7:49 pm

komodo19 wrote:I remember that night like it was yesterday...

I had just gotten back from working a 3-11, logged onto realgm, and the trade was all over the main page. I couldn`t believe it. My initial thought was, wow, BC just made his first mistake as GM. Then I had 5 cigarettes consecutively as I read the trade thread, still in shock, then called it a night after like 4 hours of reading both the Raps board and the Bucks board. :lol:

I remember looking at Milwaukees playoff record and seeing how every year TJ played he got them into the playoffs.The year he didn't they sucked. In my head I was thinking playoffs here we come baby. He was also part of the impressive turnaround season for Porter where Milwaukee turned from a 20 something with team to a 40 something in team, I was pretty pumped we were getting the young stud.
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#428 » by 99 Problems » Mon May 18, 2009 10:14 pm

The Knicks board is always good for some laughs..

Dbloc123 wrote:Lets just say we end up with a the #3 pick in this draft and toronto stays at #9.
Would u trade

jared jeffries
mobely exp

for

bosh

holiday
wilson
gallo
lee
bosh

I think holiday would be a good pickup for this team.

Return to Toronto Raptors