ImageImageImageImageImage

Ric Bucher: "Chris Bosh will be traded this summer."

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Re: Ric Bucher: "Chris Bosh will be traded this summer." 

Post#61 » by pspot » Thu May 14, 2009 11:51 pm

Tommy Udo 6 wrote:For what it is worth:

2 Chicago beat writers also think Bosh will be traded. Another, Sam Smith, reported that there are many who feel Bosh will be traded - but didnt agree or disagree.

However, all 3 writers say that the Bulls do not have the pieces to get Bosh. Other teams can easily trump any offer the Bulls make. The reason is that Chicago does not have any star players except Rose (who clearly will not be traded) - and the writers feel Toronto will demand a star or potential star in return.

could always pull in a 3rd team that wants Hinrich

ie. Raps end up with Deng, Noah + Rudy Fernandez
nm
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#62 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:53 pm

^ Portland is one of the major rumored destinations for Hinrich
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
TiKusDom
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#63 » by TiKusDom » Thu May 14, 2009 11:57 pm

I think if we get a 3rd team invovled its just going to make things a lot more complicated. If only chicago had a top 10 lotto pick then I could see us dealing with them , something like Noah + lotto pick + Deng wouldn't be a bad deal at all, but their pick is too low they dont really have that many other intriguing pieces. If they could manage to trade Hinrich or another piece for lets say a 5- 10th lotto pick, swing that our way and package it with Noah , then I can see something substantial happening.
KING01
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#64 » by KING01 » Fri May 15, 2009 12:00 am

All the players that this forum likes for Bosh, all these players are only potiential. None of these players will make our team better.

Rather see how this season plays out with our Draft Picks, remember people how much players over the years have turned down a max contract? I can't think of one single player.

If Bosh gets traded, it's Because BC wants to make Bargs the franchise, no other reason then that.

Peace
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#65 » by pspot » Fri May 15, 2009 12:07 am

KING01 wrote:All the players that this forum likes for Bosh, all these players are only potential. None of these players will make our team better.

Rather see how this season plays out with our Draft Picks, remember people how much players over the years have turned down a max contract? I can't think of one single player.

If Bosh gets traded, it's Because BC wants to make Bargs the franchise, no other reason then that.

Peace

individually they aren't as good as bosh but collectively they make the Raps more balanced and ultimately a better team

i hate to keep saying but its more a detriot model instead of a more traditional build around 1 or 2 guys. Which for the TO market IMO makes more sense
nm
KING01
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#66 » by KING01 » Fri May 15, 2009 12:13 am

pspot

Detriot lucked out to have 4 allstar players on one team.

If you think these players will become allstars then I will take the trade and run with it.

The problem is though that these players have not proven anything in the Associatian.

Why give up our allstar for potential when we can use our other players as trade bait.

Peace
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#67 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri May 15, 2009 12:16 am

Crazy times man!
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#68 » by Death Knight » Fri May 15, 2009 12:18 am

KING01 wrote:All the players that this forum likes for Bosh, all these players are only potiential. None of these players will make our team better.

Peace

If Bosh is traded, then it's pretty safe to assume that BC did not offer Bosh max money in an extension for 3 years. And of course, Bosh made it clear that he won't be taking anything less than max money since he came out and said that the economy will not affect his decision or the money that he seeks. It's haters like you that think it has anything to do with Bargnani. :roll:
Scott Carefoot
Analyst
And1: 10

Post#69 » by Scott Carefoot » Fri May 15, 2009 12:19 am

TiKusDom wrote:I think if we get a 3rd team invovled its just going to make things a lot more complicated.

Since Colangelo seems to like to trade players to teams they'd want to go to, I've been playing around in the ESPN Trade Machine with trades that would send Bosh to Dallas, Nowitzki to Golden State, and would bring Anthony Randolph and Josh Howard to Toronto. I did manage to make a trade work, but I'm not going to show it because I can't figure out whether I'd be ripped or applauded for it. I'm guessing the former. :lol:
Dennis P
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#70 » by Dennis P » Fri May 15, 2009 12:26 am

KING01 wrote:pspot

If you think these players will become allstars then I will take the trade and run with it.

The problem is though that these players have not proven anything in the Associatian.

Why give up our allstar for potential when we can use our other players as trade bait.

Peace
I agree but at the same time we're not going to make a trade that nets us an allstar for an allstar...

I still think the best trade for Bosh if GState is the partner is Ellis, Randolph, pick at 7 filler...
TiKusDom
Banned User

Post#71 » by TiKusDom » Fri May 15, 2009 12:28 am

Randolph is not the end all of all trade packages GSW can offer, hes a good prospect, but most here are bying into the overhyping of him from GSW fans. Hes ok, but has as much potential as a player we can acquire with the 7th pick in this draft.
Bringbackoakley
Rookie
And1: 8

Post#72 » by Bringbackoakley » Fri May 15, 2009 12:29 am

Dennis P wrote:
KING01 wrote:pspot

Peace
I agree but at the same time we're not going to make a trade that nets us an allstar for an allstar...

I still think the best trade for Bosh if GState is the partner is Ellis, Randolph, pick at 7 filler...

I would be ecstatic with that trade. Scoring guard back, Randolph is a young Bosh and their pick...

But would they do that? I doubt it...
TiKusDom
Banned User

Post#73 » by TiKusDom » Fri May 15, 2009 12:31 am

Bringbackoakley wrote:

I would be ecstatic with that trade. Scoring guard back, Randolph is a young Bosh and their pick...

Nelson already offered Andris + AR at the trade deadline, I am sure he will more than likely offer the same package with some incentives if he gets the player he wants.
SCF99
Senior
And1: 19

Post#74 » by SCF99 » Fri May 15, 2009 12:31 am

ok ok i have got the fever.......... trade him
Dennis P
Banned User

Post#75 » by Dennis P » Fri May 15, 2009 12:32 am

Randolph is not the end all of all trade packages GSW can offer, hes a good prospect, but most here are bying into the overhyping of him from GSW fans. Hes ok, but has as much potential as a player we can acquire with the 7th pick in this draft.

^^^ his 36mpg stats have him at 16ppg 11rpg all at 19yrs old... There is a lot to believe in there
TiKusDom
Banned User

Post#76 » by TiKusDom » Fri May 15, 2009 12:34 am

Dennis P wrote:
^^^ his 36mpg stats have him at 16ppg 11rpg all at 19yrs old... There is a lot to believe in there

36mpg stats dont mean that if he gets 36 minutes thats the numbers he will put up. Its a nice stat but it doesn't apply to real life situations, not all players will put the same stats at the same rate given more playing time.
Dennis P
Banned User

Post#77 » by Dennis P » Fri May 15, 2009 12:35 am

Bringbackoakley wrote:
Dennis P wrote: I agree but at the same time we're not going to make a trade that nets us an allstar for an allstar...

Hard to say... I know Ellis has fallen out of favour with them so its possible. I look at Ellis as the key piece coming back in an exchange for Bosh
RapsVC15
RealGM
And1: 424

Post#78 » by RapsVC15 » Fri May 15, 2009 12:35 am

Good, giving the max to him has disaster written all over it anyways.
TiKusDom
Banned User

Post#79 » by TiKusDom » Fri May 15, 2009 12:37 am

TJ11 wrote:Good, giving the max to him has disaster written all over it anyways.

I would much rather we get young signed small contracts that are signed for many years , like the 7th pick, Marco who will love playing in an Italian city like Toronto with his good friend Andrea, long term signed Andris who will love the European flavor of the city and is signed to a very nice reasonable deal, than give one player 20 million dollars a year.
Dennis P
Banned User

Post#80 » by Dennis P » Fri May 15, 2009 12:37 am

TiKusDom wrote:
Dennis P wrote:

36mpg stats dont mean that if he gets 36 minutes thats the numbers he will put up. Its a nice stat but it doesn't apply to real life situations, not all players will put the same stats at the same rate given more playing time.

of course not these are projections people use to see where someone measures up stat wise to starters.

Even if his number are 14 and 8 that is a great number for a guy who is on a rookie contract and not a go to guy... He has amazing potential

Return to Toronto Raptors