ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Countdown: Gerald Henderson

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,510

Re: NBADraft.net: Henderson's workout didn't impress the Raptors 

Post#161 » by dagger » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:21 pm

To which I'll add that Fox Sports is using Aron Smith's mock draft. Smith is NBADraft's founder and president. They go to all the same events in North America and Europe as DraftExpress and Chad Ford. All of a sudden we're taking Chad Ford as the Holy Word, but somehow NBADraft has zero credibility? Come on guys, agents and teams use these sites to plant info help to their cause. NBADraft has been around long enough to have some decent sources.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#162 » by Undefeated » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:40 pm

Doesn't make sense.
Colangelo hinted the two wings that we might take at #9 would either be DeRozan or Henderson. If the workout didn’t impress our scouts, then Colangelo wouldn’t have said that. Not saying that we should take him, but with a second pick would be good.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
lemondrop
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#163 » by lemondrop » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:18 pm

Undefeated wrote:Doesn't make sense.
Colangelo hinted the two wings that we might take at #9 would either be DeRozan or Henderson. If the workout didn’t impress our scouts, then Colangelo wouldn’t have said that. Not saying that we should take him, but with a second pick would be good.

Come on undefeated you don't really believe everything a GM says at this time of year do ya? When it comes to the draft they say alot of things. Bryan might want to see reaction to his comments from other teams, he may want to move up or down in the draft, he may want to talk about these players to make a trade for a solid nba player, he may want to do alot of things.

After listening to that interview I didn't come away from it thinking we are going to get one of those guys, I came away thinking we will trade the pick or pick someone he never even mentioned.

I guess we will find out in a few days, the plus side for BC is if all the players we really like are gone and teams do not trade for our pick he can still go ahead and pick those players and make people think in the future that he is actually being truthful with everything he is.

Mind games! :D

Return to Toronto Raptors