ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Countdown: Jonny Flynn (Raps interested)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

decu21
Banned User
And1: 315

Re: Draft Countdown: Jonny Flynn (Raps interested) 

Post#21 » by decu21 » Fri May 29, 2009 12:03 pm

sound like roko ukic, lol
DarkKnight
Analyst
And1: 672

Post#22 » by DarkKnight » Fri May 29, 2009 3:41 pm

There's a reasonable chance Lawson will be the best PG including Rubio, all things considered. I definitely believe he is the #2 PG prospect in the draft (I don't see Evenas as a PG prospect). There are going to be some very upset people after they pass on him for very questionable prospects like Flynn, Teague, Maynor, Curry, etc. Not saying these guys cant be good, but Lawson to me is as close to a sure thing as you get in a the draft.
"JJ is a fineness player." - knickerbocker2k2 (meaning to say "finesse", about James Johnson)
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#23 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri May 29, 2009 3:52 pm

For me right now, with my admitted limitied knowledge of these players, and now that Evans hired an agent, here's my draft disposition:

I don't think we are getting Griffen, Rubio, Thabeet or Harden; but If we did, it'd be super awesome.

I'd be happy with either of these a #9 - Evans, Blair, Flynn, Holiday, Curry, Derozen. So I think I have a good shot of being pleased with the pick, I'm wondering about another pick, and I'd be happy if we were somehow able to also land Terrence Williams, Sam Young, Danny Green, or Dionte Christmas. in the draft. But I'm in no way am confident that my analysis is anymore likely to be correct than my March Madness brackets.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,565

Post#24 » by Brinbe » Fri May 29, 2009 4:01 pm

DarkKnight wrote:There's a reasonable chance Lawson will be the best PG including Rubio, all things considered. I definitely believe he is the #2 PG prospect in the draft (I don't see Evenas as a PG prospect). There are going to be some very upset people after they pass on him for very questionable prospects like Flynn, Teague, Maynor, Curry, etc. Not saying these guys cant be good, but Lawson to me is as close to a sure thing as you get in a the draft.

I don't know... I can't speak too well for Teague, Maynor and Curry but Flynn didn't look questionable leading the Cuse to a sweet sixteen berth as well as willing them to a six OT victory against UConn in the Big East Tourney. Those are marks of a winner and he'd do just as well as Lawson if he were at UNC surrounded by all that talent.
Ill Mago
Rookie
And1: 1

Re: Buffalo News: Raptors might consider drafting Jonny Flynn 

Post#25 » by Ill Mago » Fri May 29, 2009 4:17 pm

bargs wrote:
andyo wrote:Don't want Flynn....if we don't get Tyreke or Derozan, I would go after Earl Clark or Holliday.

jrue holiday ?!?...at 9th?!?..blaaaah! below average player, he's tough but i don't see so much talent in this guy. blair would be definitely better as a pick.

flynn has got talent on his own, he's quick, athletic, he can shoot also (even if many people think he can't...)...my concern is about his playmaking attitude, sometimes he acts like an undersized SG, i don't know, i don't want another juan dixon in there.

anyway, i really don't understand why ty lawson is so ignored ...he looks like a real bargain, especially for a team who lacks pgs that's not our case but who cares...he's extremely good.

one thing bothered me with this post, amico.

jrue is far from being a reach at 9, but somehow you think a 6'6.5 post guy isn't? how can you not see "much talent" in a projected lotto pick. these guys are all very gifted, bottom line.

as for flynn, he's an excellent prospect. but his shooting mechanics are not the problem, it's his below-average range for a guard that has people worried. he's almost strictly at seventeen feet and looks like he's a long way from getting any better at 23 feet, 9 inches.

i don't know why people are sleeping on lawson, either. it might have to do with his size, or this year being a guard draft. did he hire an agent? he might pull out if he didn't. if we end up picking a 2 or a 3, i hope that bc acquires a late teen pick to get the rights to this guy.
MacDaddy
RealGM
And1: 428

Post#26 » by MacDaddy » Fri May 29, 2009 4:17 pm

zigzagzig wrote:i do love flynns explosiveness & athleticism.

but tonight at the combine he looked possibly an inch shorter then ty lawson, which makes me believe he'll measure out at around 5'11"

we could make a thread titled "Raptors 'might' Consider ______ " fill in the blank with anybody, and we wouldnt be lying.

They're the exact same size.
MacDaddy
RealGM

Post#27 » by MacDaddy » Fri May 29, 2009 4:18 pm

blackflash234 wrote:If we draft Flynn, Calderon will be traded.. maybe to Golden State for Monta Ellis :D Imagine a backcourt with Flynn and Ellis.. 2 guys that can penatrate and 2 guys that bring more athleticism and gamble to this boring Raptors team.

Yes, because nothing spells success like starting a 5'11" rookie PG.
Ill Mago
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#28 » by Ill Mago » Fri May 29, 2009 4:27 pm

MacDaddy wrote:
blackflash234 wrote:If we draft Flynn, Calderon will be traded.. maybe to Golden State for Monta Ellis :D Imagine a backcourt with Flynn and Ellis.. 2 guys that can penatrate and 2 guys that bring more athleticism and gamble to this boring Raptors team.

i could name you a whole score of rookie < 6 ft pg's that had incredible seasons. not saying flynn is one of them, but what you're trying to argue is somewhat (Please Use More Appropriate Word)
MacDaddy
RealGM

Post#29 » by MacDaddy » Fri May 29, 2009 4:49 pm

Ill Mago wrote:
MacDaddy wrote:

i could name you a whole score of rookie < 6 ft pg's that had incredible seasons. not saying flynn is one of them, but what you're trying to argue is somewhat (Please Use More Appropriate Word)

I'm not saying that a <6 ft PG can't have a successful career, I'm just saying that the chances that a team that starts a <6ft rookie PG and trades away it's veteran starter is about 95% certain to be back in the ping pong balls next season.

That doesn't sound (Please Use More Appropriate Word) to me, does it to you?
mcleex
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#30 » by mcleex » Fri May 29, 2009 5:08 pm

Brinbe wrote:Picked them out from here: http://archive.userbars.com/

And strung em all together using this: http://userbarmaker.com/userbars-animator.php (although there are probably other sites you can use).

Pretty self-explanatory. Hope that helps. :D

Thanks a lot for your help brotha
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,242

Post#31 » by LLJ » Fri May 29, 2009 6:36 pm

Choker wrote:Why are we looking into every single player that isn't a shooting guard or small forward?

Maybe because the SG and SF crop this year probably sucks?
barrist
RealGM
And1: 716

Post#32 » by barrist » Fri May 29, 2009 7:26 pm

yeah there are alot of them, but not many with much assurance that they'll be bonafide starters in the league.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,713

Post#33 » by C_Money » Fri May 29, 2009 10:03 pm

Me and Jonny Flynn BOTH reppin that 2/6/89. Thats the only reason why I followed him actually LOL.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,803

Post#34 » by Raps in 4 » Fri May 29, 2009 10:13 pm

ayo_23 wrote:Raptors all over the place. I guess they're just leaking false info to hype up other players hoping other teams make a mistake. ... that's what i'm hoping anyway.

I definitely hope so. There is no way that BC can be interested in 10-12 guys at the 9 spot (he should only be looking at a few guys to draft at 9).
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#35 » by Gold Chain » Fri May 29, 2009 10:25 pm

I like Flynn's spirit.

He seems to be a tough-nosed player that has a ton of skill, IQ and leaves it on the court.

Wouldn't be upset to see him in the red.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,823

Post#36 » by junot111 » Fri May 29, 2009 11:05 pm

Niagra Falls :D

Return to Toronto Raptors